Most Awesome "Shit" Movie

What Wins The Zonie For Most Awesome "Shit" Movie?

• The Room

• The Wicker Man

• Alone In The Dark

• Crossroads

• The Butterfly Effect

• Basic Instinct 2

• Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

• Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

• Spiderman 3

• Batman And Robin

• Wild Wild West

• Star Wars The Phantom Menace

• Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

• Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

• House Of Wax

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

2011 Zonie Awards

Nominees for Most Awesome "Shit" Movie

The Room

The Wicker Man (2006)

Alone In The Dark (2005)

Crossroads

The Butterfly Effect

Basic Instinct 2

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Spiderman 3

Batman And Robin (1997)

Wild Wild West

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

House Of Wax

To hasten this process, voting will now begin immediately with all discussion also taking place henceforth from the moment this thread is posted. Voting will last 7 days.

Phantom Menace for sure. It was a movie based on a legacy of star wars that just wasn't even comparable to the others. It felt random and out of place and it seemd that there were so many other ways they SHOULD have done Star Wars. In my opinion the movie was pretty shitty and If I understand tyhis correctly deserves to be the best shit movie. Can't stand this movie and so glad they changed up howStar Wars is supposed to be after this one.

Im a mark for the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers since they were such a big part of my childhood. The first movie I saw in theatres without parental supervision(I was 12), so it will always have a special place in my heart. Im not sure what people were expecting from this movie, that it would be filled with witty dialogue, clever twists, and Academy Award winning acting? No, what made this movie awesome was the cheesy dialogue, the over-the-top fight scenes, cartoonish special effects that fit the tone of the movie and Amy Jo Johnson in halter tops. What more could one ask for? :)

Ace Ventura for me, even though I don't think it should be classed as a shit movie.

This along with The Mask and Dumb And Dumber cemented Jim Carrey as one of the top comedy stars of the 90s and is just ludicrously funny. From his hair, to his clothes, to his mannerisms, to his job as a frigging pet detective, the whole thing is just hilarious. The role allowed Carrey to pretty much have free-reign with his character, and the scenes in the Mental Institute, while far from PC are still very very funny as it is a reflection of what the character thinks constitutes being mentally ill and makes him stand out the most.

The montage with him stalking the football players is one of the best 2-3 minutes in comedy too, what with his various disguises and techniques to see the ring hands of the different players.

Ace Ventura for sura.

I went for Ace Ventura. It was a close call between Ace and the origiinal Power Rangers movie, but the sheer hilarity of Ventura sealed the deal for me.

I must have seen that film about 20 times now and I still laugh at the rubber-faced Carrey in what I think is the funniest film he has ever starred in. The brilliant catchphrases, the ridiculous hair, the walk, the faces he pulls...everything about this film is awesome. Its so enjoyable that I wouldnt even call it a shit film, but as it is on the list, it is damm well having my vote!

Although much respect must go to the Power Rangers movie. The White Ranger is a hero, and Amy Jo Johnson was a goddess to me at that time, ahhh the Pink Ranger.

If I had been able to vote, I definitely would have gone for Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, I actually think its the better film to the first one, especially with Bill and Ted playing battleships with the grim reaper, and getting killed on "Star Trek Rock"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back