• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monday Night Raw - April 21, 2008 (King of the Ring) with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Monday Night Raw
Date: April 21, 2008
Commentators: Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler

This is another request and since it’s taking forever to download some TNA shows, I figured I might as well knock some of these off in the meantime. This is the King of the Ring tournament so it’s a three hour special. Almost everything you have here is a tournament match, plus an eight man tag and a REALLY stupid other match. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

God Save The King

Regal violated the wellness policy KB. It had nothing to do with entertainment or anything like that. Regal would've had a massive heel push into a WWE Championship picture. It was fairly obvious that, especially after Orton got injured, they were in dire need of a major heel for the summer and as I signed up at about that time, I recall there were reports that he was in line to face HHH for the WWE title at Night of Champions if I'm not mistaken.

That they were going to go through with what? he was the entire show after KOR. They were doing a lot of weird shit at the time, I mean with pushes etc, because the new talent initaive was grossly stale.

and yea, like ol boy said. He violated the welness policy, and that was that. Had nothing to do with anything else.

If it was his first Wellness policy violation, I think they'd have been able to keep his push going (30 days off and come right back as king), but it was his second. A third violation would have eliminated him from the company, so they didn't want to bank on him (which I can't blame them on).

And I bet they would have put him in a PPV Title match. It may not have ended the show, but he would have had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back