MMA in the Bar room!! *In memorium of JMT and TDigs' thread*

Bracket for the Bellator Heavyweight Champion tournament. Come on, Chael!

DPThpabXcAA8XsN.jpg:large

Bracket for the Bellator Heavyweight Champion tournament. Come on, Chael!

DPThpabXcAA8XsN.jpg:large

Fedor/Mir would have been a dream match when both guys were in their prime.

How much do you want to bet Rampage shows up with a pooch belly?

Chael made an interesting point on ESPN about the Bader/King Mo fight. You have the LHW champ fighting a highly ranked LHW contender in the opening round of a HW tournament. It makes little sense and is something only Bellator would do.

The point was made that if you seeded this thing correctly it would have Bader and Mo as 1 and 2. Therefore, they should be on opposite sides of the bracket and not facing each other in round one.

I'd seed it like this.

1. Bader
2. King Mo
3. Mitrione
4. Rampage
5. Sonnen
6. Nelson
7. Fedor
8. Mir

It's not like Bellator did a bad job making the bracket they have. If you go off my rankings it's basically the same bracket and the only difference is that Bader and Mo aren't fighting in round 1. For the most part they got it correct.

1) Bader vs. 8) Mir
3) Mitirone vs. 6) Nelson

2) King Mo vs. 7) Fedor
4) Rampage vs. 5) Sonnen

WTF was Bispen or his agents smoking taking a fight merely three weeks after getting choked out by GSP? The guy must think he's in a video game and can just hit Y to recover faster. That was a bad move from Bispen's camp and that's probably it for his career in MMA

One of the best UFC Conspiracy theories out there at the moment.

The Ultimate Fighter 26 was intentionally filled with weak talent. Across the board the group of girls was rather poor.

That way they have a beatable champion so they can send in Paige VanZant who they absolutely want to see with gold over her shoulder. The money in Paige being a World Champ is legit.

MMA CONSPIRACY!

giphy.gif

Ah, poetic that we may see the end of Van Zandt and Waterson in the same 8 week period.

The Karate Hottie is a treasure to us all! How dare you, sir!

Shit that she lost today. I like Waterson. Won me over after the video with her kid after she got beat in a fight, was all fucked up and still put her kid first.

If Max Holloway can get a rematch with McGregor and win that fight, along with the two other defeats he has on his record, than I think we've got a man with a legit claim to GOAT featherweight of all time.

Needs to avenge those defeats but two back to back wins over the man who has held that claim as the greatest featherweight ever in MMA for years now, wow! As it stands, Holloway and McGregor have really made it difficult to rank Aldo number one. I still do, the body of work is superior to anyone else however Holloway is closing in with these two wins.

Francis Ngannou is going to be a huge star. I'm hyped for the Heavyweight Title fight between him and Stipe.

If Max Holloway can get a rematch with McGregor and win that fight, along with the two other defeats he has on his record, than I think we've got a man with a legit claim to GOAT featherweight of all time.

Needs to avenge those defeats but two back to back wins over the man who has held that claim as the greatest featherweight ever in MMA for years now, wow! As it stands, Holloway and McGregor have really made it difficult to rank Aldo number one. I still do, the body of work is superior to anyone else however Holloway is closing in with these two wins.

Francis Ngannou is going to be a huge star. I'm hyped for the Heavyweight Title fight between him and Stipe.

I only wish Ngannou was younger. He isn't old at 31, but at heavyweight your time is limited. Dude has fucking stone hands thought. Like I'd rather get hit by a truck than that guy.

Sergio Pettis continues to hold down the family tradition of failing to get over the hump. Yeah his brother was a champ, but Benson was really exposed as not as good as advertised when he bolted to Bellator.

I only wish Ngannou was younger. He isn't old at 31, but at heavyweight your time is limited. Dude has fucking stone hands thought. Like I'd rather get hit by a truck than that guy.

Sergio Pettis continues to hold down the family tradition of failing to get over the hump. Yeah his brother was a champ, but Benson was really exposed as not as good as advertised when he bolted to Bellator.

I'm waiting for a 25 year old Heavyweight to light the MMA scene up and shoot straight to the top. It's why everyone was so convinced Jon Jones should go to Heavyweight soon since the entire division is old as fuck and he'd wipe them all out, Stipe at that point being the only real threat. That's not just UFC, look at Bellator and it's filled with old dudes.

I'm convinced that somewhere in the world, in some gym training right now, is a guy in his early 20s, and they're going to make a killing as the greatest Heavyweight of all time by crushing all these old as fighters within the next few years. The division is begging for some kid to come through and wipe them all out. It's the perfect situation for a Jon Jones type to arrive.

I'm waiting for a 25 year old Heavyweight to light the MMA scene up and shoot straight to the top. It's why everyone was so convinced Jon Jones should go to Heavyweight soon since the entire division is old as fuck and he'd wipe them all out, Stipe at that point being the only real threat. That's not just UFC, look at Bellator and it's filled with old dudes.

I'm convinced that somewhere in the world, in some gym training right now, is a guy in his early 20s, and they're going to make a killing as the greatest Heavyweight of all time by crushing all these old as fighters within the next few years. The division is begging for some kid to come through and wipe them all out. It's the perfect situation for a Jon Jones type to arrive.

The nature of being a heavyweight in a combat sport is so chaotic, I feel like 99% of the guys who come in with any hype end up duds, mostly from getting knocked out one too many times or just their inability to stay healthy like Cain.

You're right about the age thing though. Obviously these are gonna change after 218, but look at the UFC's rankings right now.

Stipe-35
Overreem-37
Werdum-40
Cain-35
Francis-31
Hunt-44
Derick Lewis-33
Alexander Volkov-29
Marcin Tybura-32
Curtis Blaydes-28
Stefan Struve-30

Only two guys are under 30, and even Struve at 30 has almost forty pro fights and has been viciously knocked out a number of times. I think most guys who are athletic enough to be pro fighters who are big enough to be a heavyweight in MMA choose other sports though, its a big reason the talent pool at 265 has really dried up.

Top boxing stars make more than top MMA guys, lower end MMA guys make more than their boxing equivalent, so I think it all evens out but neither really make the kind of money you should be making for a lifetime of brain trauma.

Yeah, but I'd imagine most future cross over bouts would be between the bigger names.

Khan Vs McGregor would be insane in either sport, probably the biggest money fight for McGregor. The NAC wouldn't approve a Canelo fight.

Man I'm looking forward to this bellator tourny.

GSP has given up the Middleweight Title due to an inflammatory bowel disease. He is taking a "considerable amount" of time off as a result and didn't want to hold up the division.

Bobby Knuckles has been crowned the first ever Australian to hold a UFC Title and is now the undisputed UFC Middleweight Champion. He will defend the title against Luke Rockhold at UFC 221 in Perth, sure to be a fantastic fight.

Holly Holm vs Cyborg next weekend. Shit is going to be a good scrap and it's gaining some good hype everywhere I look. Looks like I'll have to go streaming like I did with Mayweather vs Connor. Such a shitty venture full of pop ups and really time consuming.

Holm will always be able to say she was the first to KO Rousey, no one can take that away ever, but I don't see this fight lasting past two rounds. Cyborg is a fucking killer and Holm is just aggressive enough to try to stand and bang with her and is gonna get her head knocked off.

Mark Hunt said he is leaving the UFC after his contract is up. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Bellator, but I have a feeling he is more likely to end up taking smaller promotion fights that will allow him to rack up decent paydays against over matched opponents.

Khabib Nurmagomedov is a fucking animal. If he could make weight all the time and not get injured he'd be the best in the world.

Edit: Yaaas, Yaz! That shit was crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back