Mister Triple Crown

Bythedockofthebay

Getting Noticed By Management
10 five star matches, that's an impressive number for anyone. If you told me that someone had 10 five star matches I'd be in awe of their career. Even if you told me it was split between four legends I'd still be impressed. And it should be impressive considering those legends names are Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and John Cena. Eleven is a mighty impressive number as well. That's the number you count to if you add Triple H, the Rock, Sting, Undertaker, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and John Cena. That's the number one and two seeds in this tournament. Still damn impressive, especially considering Sting and Austin were in one together. Some of the greatest wrestlers ever, who have had some of the greatest matches ever account for Eleven five star matches. I could keep going but you get the point.

Could you imagine someone having more than all those guys combined? Over twice as many? That just sounds insane doesn't it? Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to the greatest in ring performer of all time Mitsuharu Misawa. 24 five star matches and it's not really debatable. It's often said that Shawn Michaels or Ric Flair could have a great match with a mop or a broom. Mitsuharu Misawa could have a four star match with the broom, lose to it and make it look believable. He's been involved in over a third of the five star matches competed in. Mitsuharu was simply the best at what he did, a young high flier who took the Japanese wrestling world by storm as Tiger Mask II, soon evolved into one of the greatest storytellers in the history of the business. Soon after shedding the Tiger Mask, Misawa went into one of the most legendary feuds in Japanese wrestling history against one of it's greatest stars Jumbo Tsuruta. In his first match against the legend he beat him and went on to have a two year feud that is still considered one of the best. In the 90's AJPW took flight with The Famous Five. Of the famous Five, Kenta Kobashi, Toshiaki Kawada, Jun Akiyama, Akira Taue, and Mitsuharu Misawa. Misawa always stood out as the most over, the most important and the most talented.

Misawa had feuds with other members of the Famous Five but a legendary feud with Kawada that lasted years stands the test of time.. From tag team partners to great rivals, a feud that started in 1992 would span two wrestling organizations and 13 years and have some of the greatest wrestling matches ever. His feud with Kobashi was also an instant classic. A feud that carried AJPW for a decade, it started in the early 90's and came to a head in the 2003 epic. Everything about Misawa was incredible and he's one of the greatest wrestling stars ever, and the greatest in ring talent to ever live. He deserves his place is wrestling history and to go damn far in this tournament. It won't be easy but the king of the five star match deserves as much.

Listing his great matches would literally take me days, so I'll just list some accomplishments.8 Time world champion, Six time All Japan world tag team champion including his partnership with Kawada (one of the best Tag teams ever), and an overall 9 time world tag team champion.

Some not so factual facts about Misawa.

1) There have been many Earthquakes during Misawa matches, Christian's believe it's the sound of God clapping.

2) Misawa invented many moves in his day including the tiger driver and tiger driver 91' he practiced them on actual bengal tigers and got the pinfall everytime.

3)Meltzer once fainted during a Misawa match because Misawa was so good, Misawa went out gave him mouth to mouth and got back into the ring in time to finish off another five star match.

4) (This one actually happened) Misawa was such a bad ass in kayfabe, he had a heart attack during a match and kept wrestling. (First Noah show)

5) Misawa tagged with most of his rivals, mostly because he wanted them to know what it was like to win when he was in a match.

Everyone is welcome!!!

1569wm8.jpg

The only way that happens is if Misawa vs Cena happens. And while Misawa is one of my favorites and the guy I'd consider one of the top ten ever. I can't see Misawa winning unless it's in Tokyo and even then I have my doubts.

The only way that happens is if Misawa vs Cena happens. And while Misawa is one of my favorites and the guy I'd consider one of the top ten ever. I can't see Misawa winning unless it's in Tokyo and even then I have my doubts.

Misawa wouldn't beat Cena. At best he would be on par. I'd argue Riki or Inoki could.

There's almost no stipulation that Jericho should or would beat Misawa in. Unless its a "take a back suplex and not die" match. Of course Jericho's kryptonite would the "refrain from punching out a woman" match.

There's almost no stipulation that Jericho should or would beat Misawa in. Unless its a "take a back suplex and not die" match. Of course Jericho's kryptonite would the "refrain from punching out a woman" match.

I'm not convinced Misawa's dead, I just think he's that good at selling.

Mi-sa-wa! Mi-sa-wa!

Surprised how well he's fared in the tournament so far considering this board's history of giving absolutely no credit to puro wrestlers. Makes me quite happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back