Middle Earth: Shadow of War

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
So along with Assassin's Creed: Origins, I picked up the sequel to Shadow of Mordor; Shadow of War and this game is, not as good as Mordor in some areas but way way better in others.

The story in Shadow of War is lacking. It's not awful by any means but it's not great either. It's just lacking. I mean, at this point in my play through, I don't even care about the story at all. The story in Mordor was wonderful and emotionally resonant. It made you want to find out what happened next, but that's not the case in War. What Shadow of War really excels at is the Nemesis system in fighting Uruks. All of the Uruk henchmen and regulars are just your run of the mill cannon fodder to run through and destroy, but each Uruk captain or general or commander is different. I'm not just talking about them looking different either. I mean, they look different, have different strengths and weaknesses, have different voices, different personalities, and everything. It's fun just going through the Nemesis system just find and fight the different Uruk commanders. Also, the combat system in this game is breath taking. Imagine Batman from the Arkham series only in Middle Earth with a sword. It's so fluid and fun. I like to just run around and pick fights with enemies just so I can kill them in the 100 different ways and animations that are available. Also, the running and traveling in this game is better than the first. It's fun to just run around and climb on and off stuff and teleport over to ledges and double jump long distances. The game play is just pure fun.

So if you're after an immersive story that's going to get you hooked in and you want to play to find out what happens next, don't get Shadow of War. If you're only after a fun game to play with wonderful game play mechanics and wonderful enemies to dispatch, Shadow of War is the game for you. I'd give it an 8/10 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back