mid card titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdingholder

Occasional Pre-Show
With Wrestlemania coming up its strange to me that neither midcard title will be on the line. Both title holders are booked in other matches. I think it hurts the already diminishing prestige of the US and Intercontinental titles. It's as if their saying there are more important things to worry about. I think a good thing to do might ne unify them like the tag titles, have a pretty big name superstar like Punk or maybe even Miz have both belts and appear on both brands. What are some of your thoughts on the matter.

No, bad idea. The US and Intercontinental Championships are old. Very old. The US is like the last acknowledged bit of WCW left in modern wrestling. Apart from like Hogan etc, but you know what i mean!!
What would you call it anyway? The tag titles was easy because they had very very similar names, WWE Tag Team Championship and World Tag Team Championship. But would it be something like the Unified Intercontinental United States Championship? That name is way way too long. I'm hoping for a spontanious match at WM to defend one of these titles, but this isnt the first time they've been left off the card. Last year was the first IC match at mania in years.
So i want one of them to be defended, but i doubt it. And as for the unification idea, I'm sorry but its not that great of an idea.

I like the idea if its not permanent. Maybe put the IC title on punk and hv him n miz in a champ v champ match. Either one of those guys could do a tremendous job of bringing interest 2 the titles becasue of ther mic skills. Plus it would b interesting 2 c sum of the midcard guys from both shows competing 4 the titles. It would certainly allow for some new and interesting feuds to develop. So yea I think its a strong idea as long as its not a permanent thing

Well if you mean permanently like you defend both titles against one opponent in one match then no. But if you mean some body unifies them and defends them seperately I guess that's ok. Like for instance like you get one title shot for one title and you win then you're the US or Intercontinental champion. Then you get another shot for the other title that the former unified champion still has abd win it then you become the new unified mid card champion. But I would not like unifying the two mid card titles if it's permanent and you have to defend them at the same time.

I don't see it as a big "oh noes" that the titles are not defended at Wrestlemania, certainly it would put on a good match, but currently as it looks on the card, Drew McIntyre wouldn't have had any worthy contender to fight against, seeing as the only people that could probably get somewhat of a title shot at this moment is either already in the MITB match, or in a tag team (Cryme Tyme and Hart Dynasty)

And The Miz wouldn't be able to defend his US title that night because he's defending the Unified Tag Team titles, which gives another person a spot at Wrestlemania: Big Show.

Besides, removing the tag team match or lowering the amount of people in the MITB match, would certainly give more contenders for the titles, but it would add yet another match at Wrestlemania, coming to the amount of 9 matches, one more than last year, but oh wait, thats right, people are complaining that one of the matches was a dark match, and another one was short as hell.

Therefore, one tag team match, and a big MITB would make more sense and keeping the amount at 8 matches, which will still most likely have one match as a dark match, and another short match to allow the bigger matches to continue longer.

And to add that, no, I don't really wanna see the titles unified, not even on a short period, because I already feel that WWE has too few titles for the amount of wrestlers they have that could be doing a proper title feud rather than a small meaningless match for the sake of entertainment, cause lets face it, thats probably the only thing Evan Bourne for example has been doing before he qualified for the MITB.

I think that they might have a surprise match. Maybe have Drew lose(which he will anyways) and have him defend the championship right after the MITB. I think Kofi wold be the right man since it doesn't seem like he is going to do anything. If not him than I wouldn't like it to happen. The U.S. title will not be defended and well like you said with Miz having both that and the Tag Team gold, it doesn't seem like they are focusing on the U.S. Championship for a while.

Lastly, no. It wouldn't be a good idea to unify those titles. There could be a lot of good feuds that develop from it and I would like The Miz and CM Punk going at it, but not for a unification. I don't think that CM Punk has any business going back to challenge for either of these titles. It would also be a bad idea because there is way to many midcarders for them to just be focusing in just one title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back