Mick Foley Says WWE Is A Superior Product To TNA Wrestling

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone Archives' started by hatehabsforever, Aug 24, 2011.

1. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well duh.

I thought this was an interesting audio clip posted on the main page. It's only about 5 minutes long, but an interesting perspective in a classy manner from a guy who spent time in both companies.

He doesn't really blast TNA, but he simply says it wasn't the right fit for him. I thought it was interesting when he said comparing BFG to Wrestlemania was inaccurate. I also found it funny when he says his kids wouldn't go to BFG last year, but wanted to go to a WWE house show 10 days later.

What are your thoughts? A guy campaigning for one more WWE run? Sour grapes from his TNA run? Or just an honest guy simply telling it the way it is?

2. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

Honesty.

Not even the TNA marks claim TNA is better than WWE, they know it isn't, they just prefer the product. Original Coke is superior than Diet Coke but you'll have those people that prefer Diet.

Weird analogy, I know. Mick sounds honest though, listened to it earlier. His perspective on everything is great and when he said that about his kids I laughed. Wouldn't blame them, meeting Abyss wouldn't be high on my list of things to do.

FunKay the Inevitable and Murphy like this.
  3. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

This.

4. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really sure if this is an accurate analogy. More like comparing Original Coke to Diet Coke which has been shaken up, then left uncapped in the sun to go flat ;)

Different perspective though. As I recall it, I can think of several TNA marks, both bolded and otherwise, who claim that TNA is a superior product.

5. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?

6. The Dragon Saga

That's called Coke Zero and it sucks balls.

And? You can find every perspective and opinion on this wrestling forum alone, doesn't mean you acknowledge their opinion.

7. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

TNA is superior to WWE at entertaining me.

8. Daniel

Daniel Of Ace Stevens fame.

Foley is just being honest. He isn't a "sour grapes" kind of guy, and he doesn't need to talk up WWE to get another run there. Vince loves him.

9. Alex

Alex King Of The Wasteland

I'd say the analogy of Coke and Pepsi is better

10. Daniel

Daniel Of Ace Stevens fame.

Can I ask why? What is it that TNA does that WWE doesn't? I don't want to make this a WWE/TNA flame war. I'm genuinely interested.

11. The Dragon Saga

What the Superhero said. Vince even allowed his book to be advertised while he was working for the competition. That is true love right there.

12. Poop Master Flex

Poop Master Flex Mid-Card Championship Winner

Mick was just giving he honest to god opinion, even when he started in TNA I'm sure he would have said the same thing.

At the end of the day WWE is superior but it really all comes down to personal preference. Technically Family Guy is superior to South Park as their ratings will trump whatever South Park does but at the end of the day I feel South Park is a funnier and better written show. In my mind its better but its not superior by any means.

13. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

This x1000.

But I do enjoy WWE.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

HEY, COKE ZERO IS AWESOME

Deexter Jorgan likes this.
  15. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

It's great to see Mick Foley getting a good reception here...on WZ Forums [​IMG]

Leeds Guy likes this.
  16. The Dragon Saga

It just tasted like cold flat Coke to me.

Also, I second getting a reason to why some people think TNA is more entertaining than WWE.

I mean, I can't judge seeing as I find Ring of Honor more entertaining than both, but my reasoning is I prefer technical, in-ring action mixed with meaninfgul promos than segments mixed with two minute matches. But that's just me, and its not that I'm knocking TNA or WWE because I enjoy both equally as ROH - Actually, only two promotions I dislike are CZW and JCW.

Daniel likes this.
  17. Uncle Phatso

Uncle Phatso Mid-Card Championship Winner

Dragon Saga quit making us old timers look so bad!

18. The Dragon Saga

Fine. I'll go post a thread on why Zack Ryder is the next Stone Cold Steve Austin, that'll make me look mentally unstable and I'll replace FSWWE at the same time.

19. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

JCW is actually pretty good, man, I know the whole Juggalo thing gives it a bad name but if you actually watch the shows (Except Legends and Icons, lol) they have pretty good booking and all reports say that they pay their talent really well.

My favorite promotion is CHIKARA because it's fun and the character designs are awesome.

20. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

The only thing worth watching in JCW is Colt Cabana.

21. The Dragon Saga

I tried watching JCW a couple times and I could not get into it. They went back to do a promo with one of those ICP guys and I thought they were trying to parody Sting for a moment before realizing the face paint was much worse and if you were to parody Sting you wouldn't wear a baseball shirt!

CHIKARA is pretty good, I got into it around the time of CP Munk and Colt CaBunny. Castagnoli's stuff was pretty good, but then I got sucked into PWG and began to get into that.

22. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

I don't know, I like Foley but to insinuate that a WWe house show is better than TNA's biggest PPV is not respectful whatever way people try to spin it.

The reason that Vince is still big on Mick is that he professed support for Linda's run for congress (despite being rumoured to be a Democrat supporter).

Commentating didn't fit too well on Mick so he walked out of the WWe. He was welcomed into TNA; given a world title reign; his style of wrestling was given a huge push; free time was not an issue, neither was attending backstage at WWe shows; he was portrayed as a great every time he appeared and was granted an early release despite being a main character at the time. His pants not fitting seemed to tie in conveniently with a 'great' friend of his reappearing in the WWe after a significant period.

No matter how much people loved or hated his time in TNA (and I know many TNA haters loved to take pot shots at him during his tenure), no one can say that they were bad employers to him. I cannot condone anyone speaking about going to one ex employer (and dropping weight, something he didn't do for TNA) who he felt was disrespecting him over his previous employer who bent over backwards for him. Truthful or not, it certainly wasn't respectful.

23. The Dragon Saga

But he didn't. His kids said they wanted to go to the WWE House Show and not Bound for Glory, Mick didn't comment.

24. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

Reading comprehension is a very important tool. That's all.

25. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

He followed that up with a statement about all the valid reasons they provided for supporting the WWe over his, then, employer and how they were right. The implication is there.