Miami Region, Fifth Round: (4) Lou Thesz vs. (11) CM Punk

Who Wins This Match?

• Lou Thesz

• CM Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.
And this is what you get folks, when you DARE speak against any kind of popular opinion. Observe if you will the latest cheap shot and attempt to humiliate those who don't keep quiet and express a distaste with the gushing and overzealous claims of those on their knees for an over hyped relic.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the curious species of Moronus Ignoramus. I'd leave it there, but lets look at it in a bit of detail.

He consistently outdrew every single wrestler of his day, and just about everyone in wrestling at the time is of the opinion that Buddy Rogers was a bit of an ********, but lets look at some of that bitterness Thesz had.

Oh of course he did, no one could compare to the great Lou Thesz. Nobody from that time was even remotely on par with him, and nobody else was a major draw. Lou Thesz single handedly carried the sport of professional wrestling for decades. And so what Rogers wasn't in it to make friends? Big deal, they weren't fans of him anyways so of what relevance is that to the fact that he was just as big a star in that time as Lou Thesz? Buddy Rogers wasn't possibly a bigger draw at any point in any area was he? He quite clearly was, and in the most important territory in the country which is likely why Thesz resented him, he got over where Thesz couldn't.

F
EEL THE IRE.

Oh yes, a quote taken from a memoir meant to make him look good, that ends all debate apparently. It's been duly noted time and time again that Thesz never liked Buddy Rogers and even refused to drop the title to him because he didn't like him so much and was more popular when the NWA wanted him to do it.

Whereas they'd lose to CM Punk? This is debatable in the first place, but even if we accept it, it's irrelevant. Hulk Hogan would lose to Jack Swagger in a real wrestling match.

I'm not arguing whether or not CM Punk could beat Frank Gotch or Georg Hackenschmidt, my point was that for all the touting of Lou Thesz being this legit tough guy, they were two guys who really were legit tough guys and would have likely wiped the floor with Thesz. It is relevant because of the doting about Thesz as a legit guy. There were people who pre-dated him that were better and there are people who came after him who are better.

Yes, the longest reigning title holder of all time is a journeyman. Lets hear more of that jealous spite:

Well it is true that he traveled around winning ABC titles that meant little to nothing. The only title that ever really mattered was the NWA title and he lost it many times and gained it back many times. Point being, he wasn't some monolithic world beater that just beat everybody, he lost to guys that are largely insignificant now. Punk has lost primarily to top level talent that will go down as greats in their own rights.

I don't give a shit who Gelgarin favors. I vote the way I want to vote, and for you to imply any different makes you one extremely stupid idiot.

That's great, was I talking to you directly??? So what are you all ********* about??? I especially love the "Stupid Idiot" line there, nobody wants to be a stupid idiot. I mean being an idiot is one thing, but being a STUPID idiot, WOAH! Now that's harsh.

What was so stupid about what I said? Gelgarian has been the main supporter of this guy all through the tournament and made most of the arguments for him. In turn, those arguments have convinced people to vote for Lou Thesz. So, I don't get what you're in such a tizzy about?

I know I know, nobody puts baby in a corner.

Did it ever occur to your extremely tiny mind that not everyone has as limited amount of wrestling knowledge as you do?

Nope, I guess I just can't hold a candle to experts like yourself. Silly me. I've only been following wrestling and it's history for almost 30 years, I guess I just don't stack up to encyclopedias of knowledge like you.

You want to know why I support Lou Thesz in the matchup? It's because he was flat out better than Punk.

That's great, who asked you? That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

And this coming from a guy who argued passionately on Punk's behalf in the previous round against ANDRE THE MOTHER FUCKING GIANT. I dare you to try to call me just a Punk hater...I dare you.

For someone trying to come and challenge my intelligence, you can't even get the story straight. I strongly supported Andre the Giant through a number of matches, see the sig? And when did I suggest YOU or anyone for that matter was a Punk hater? Quite being such a diva and get the sand out of your vag.

What's not to get about Lou Thesz? The guy's record as a professional wrestler is unsurpassed. 18 World Championships in a career that spanned multiple decades isn't good enough? It's got to be because everyone who thinks differently than you is just kissing Gelgarin's ass? Fuck you.

Well there's been plenty of other people who didn't vote for Thesz so clearly I'm not the only one who disagrees with you and and the others who DID vote for Thesz. It has nothing to do with "People thinking differently than I do" It has everything to do with people completely exaggerating how great this guy was, and trying to use that over-exaggeration as an end all be all trump card no matter who he's against, what the odds are, or how unlikely it is that he would realistically win against all arguments. Folks have just been sold on this "idea" of Lou Thesz and happily swallowed the pill without asking about the side effects (if you can grasp that analogy).

Okay, lets look at the prime of CM Punk:

1. Money in the Bank; Won WWe Title against Cena. Main Event.
  2. Summerslam; Won against Cena, Lost to Del Rio. Main Event.
  3. Night of Champions; Lost to Triple H. Main Event.
  4. Hell in a Cell; Lost in triple treat against Cena and Del Rio. Main Event.
  5. Vengeance; Lost tag team match with HHH against Awesome Truth. 5th of 8 matches.
  6. Survivor Series; Won against Del Rio. 5th of 6 matches.
  7. Tables, Ladders and Chairs; Won against Del Rio & Miz. Main Event.
  8. Royal Rumble; Won against Dolph Ziggler. 5th of 6 matches.
  9. Elimination Chamber; Won RAW EC. Curtain Jerk of 5 matches.
  10. WrestleMania; Won against Y2J. 7th of 8 matches.
  11. Extreme Rules; Won against Y2J. 6th of 8 matches.
  12. Over the Limit; Won against Daniel Bryan. 7th of 9 matches.

Soooooooo... Punk's 'prime' has lasted 12 PPVs, he has been part of the Main Event only 5 out of these 12, only headlined ONE where the names Cena or Hunter weren't involved and ultimately ended up a loser as three of these five events ended. Oh, and he hasn't headlined a single PPV this year yet!

... yup, I'm a sheep, it required Gelgarin to mind wash me into voting Thesz over this incredible resume:rolleyes:!

At least this guy is being honest, LOL!.

Ba-Bomb said:
That's great, was I talking to you directly???

Considering you wrote that as a direct reply to me, YEAH. You were talking to me directly.

Ba-Bomb said:
What was so stupid about what I said?

You mean besides everything?

Ba-Bomb said:
I understand it's easier to nod your head in agreement than to have to deal with the incessant shit from Gelgarian polishing Thesz's ass for him and lashing out at anyone who refuses to do the same, but for God's sake have some guts and don't let his overblown bullshit form your opinion for you.

Gee...I wonder why I got the feeling that you were accusing me of being a sheep...Oh that's right, because you did.

Ba-Bomb said:
It has nothing to do with "People thinking differently than I do" It has everything to do with people completely exaggerating how great this guy was, and trying to use that over-exaggeration as an end all be all trump card no matter who he's against, what the odds are, or how unlikely it is that he would realistically win against all arguments.

Oh, if only you understood the irony in this statement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back