Miami Herald Interviews James Storm

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Source: The Miami Herald

The Miami Herald recently interviewed James Storm. Here are some highlights:

Trying to sign with WWE after WWE bought WCW: “We wanted to try to get to WWE once it bought WCW, but the problem for us was you had so many other guys, who were trying to get into WWE, and they were the more established stars, and we were just enhancement talent. So it was hard, but lucky for guys like me and Chris Harris and Abyss and A.J. Styles that TNA started up.”

Beating Kurt Angle for the TNA World Title: “Me and Kurt, we’re friends, and it’s just one of those things that you don’t believe it, until it happens to you. So I was laying in the ring, and I looked at Kurt, and he was kind of laying there, and I said, ‘Did I just beat you for the world title?’ He said, ‘Yep,’ So, I said [with a smile], ‘Well, get the hell out of my ring.’

“It was one of those surreal moments, and it made a huge statement for me. Not only did I beat him, but I beat him in like 10 seconds. It was a great moment for me.”

Losing the World title to Bobby Roode: “To lose it the way that I did, I didn’t like that too well, but it’s one of those things. What goes around comes around. Once I get cleared of my concussion, and I get back into the ring and work the rust off, I’ll be gunning for that heavyweight title.”

Making it to the top of TNA: “My mom instilled in me when I was little to be patient, and that’s one of my main things. I’m not a patient guy, but I know in wrestling, you just wait your turn. I’ve been [in TNA] since day one. I’ve seen guys come and go and other guys come in from other companies who I didn’t think deserved that spot, but that’s how creative went at that time. So I just had to sit back, bite my tongue and wait for my time… It’s just one of those things. I know what I’m capable of. I know what I can do, and if I put my mind to it. There’s better wrestlers out there than me. That’s for sure, but as far as charisma and character and entertaining people, I’m at the top of the list. I can roll with the best of them.”

Glad to know Kurt Angle has had a hand in his recent push as that gives an idea on things to come for him. Storm is a very interesting character. He's a regular redneck, but not a surly one like Stone Cold and other before him have been. He's a calm, down to earth one that's very easy to relate to and it comes off well in this interview.

Glad to see some of the focus being on the guys that started Tna. For them to stand out they need to shy away from everyone that gets let go from Wwe. Pick and choose which stars to sign and dont just swoop them all up because they worked for Vince. James Storm, and Bobby Roode are fitting into the main event quite well, and Kurt Angle being one of the former WWE guys that actually was a good addition seems to be willing to put new stars over. I think James Storm is alot better on the mic than people give him credit for and I can't wait for him and Bobby to have a long feud for the title.

Nice interview, it gives us an inside look at those surreal moments when you win the a world title. Something that has likely been a goal for him for awhile. He seems cool and laid back which is a nice change from the emotional interviews we see on WWE TV. Glad that Kurt lakes him and since he likely quite a figure backstage this could mean a bright future for storm. (Not that he hasn't already pushed). I guess he is really lucky that TNA started up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back