• Floyd Mayweather

• Dusty Rhodes

• Bob Barker

• Trish Stratus

• Jesse Ventura

• Roddy Piper

• Verne "Mini Me" Troyer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah I love when they do these types of things, its like that 6 man tag match at the end of Raw when we saw nothing that furthered the story for the two feuds they should be building up. NOC is going to be a pile of hot dog shit. What will ZZ Top add to the Show? Because Seth Green didnt add a damn thing to it.

Oh and did anyone notice how loud Orton's POP was? The first one was ******ed, put in second only by Cena's intro at the end.

They really need to fire their entire writing staff. Every single one of them.

Well if were lucky, well get to see Maryse in a swimsuit again. mmmm Maryse in a swimsuit

I know he got out of character during the match, but Seth Green did a great job. The smile on his face during his ring time was refreshing. Talk about a guy having the time of his life.

I think his GM moments were well acted, and his backstage vignette with Show was funny. This Raw had the right mix of wrestling and entertainment. Last weeks had the right mix of wrestling and story development.

I was against these guest hosts at first, but the first three all seem to be successful. The guy involved has played his part well, and has added to the show.

Seth Green was ... okay. But really what did he add? Aside from the first couple of Randy Orton jokes this episode of Raw was just kinda there. The only feud that continued tonight was Show vs Kofi.

Now to ZZ top. This one I'm not looking forward to. I never really was a fan of theirs so I guess I'm a bit biased in that regard. My guess is ZZ top will pretty much do the same thing they did with Seth, have him announce a few matches, plug anything reletively new, and do some stunt where he leaves Monday Night Raw on top.

I don't mind the whole guest host thing, but only if they don't overdose it. But who knows, maybe they will take a different route with ZZ top.

i enjoyed seth green tonight as guest host. he didn't hurt the show in anyway at all. it was pretty funny seeing him chased around the ring.... but back to the topic zz top is a real random choice for guest host. They haven't been relevant in a real long time. they shoulda pick a band some of the pgers woulda actually know. this will prolly be a fail to bring back the old viewers that actually remember zz top

This has all the makings of a complete failure. It's one thing to bring in people from wrestling's past, but random people like ZZ Top just doesn't seem to make any sense. As long as they don't perform, I'll be fine. I'm a fan of ZZ, but I don't want to see them do a concert on Raw. Hopefully, they'll have a minimal impact throughout the show and just promote a CD or something and don't get involved physically or acoustically on Raw.

who rlly gives a $h!T who the host is anywayz ? i like having a new host every week instead of a gm for what 6 months ? how long did admle last did vicky even last half a year ? i guess the point of this is to eliminate the gm situation from raw for good i personally like zz top and who knows maybe it can be the best raw yet (doubt it) and well since wwe is planned the host doesnt matter just sit back and enjoy the ride

I'm sure the only reason ZZ Top is guest hosting Raw is to plug a song they will doing for the WWE or for a PPV or something. If they don't have anything to plug, then it's completely random as to why they are hosting, so my guess is they are collaborated with WWE on something like they did with Seth Green.

As to what kind of impact they will make? Whatever impact Vince wants them to make... or try to make as I doubt they will be able to pull of anything credible or believable. I love their music, but I do not think they belong even on night as hosts of Raw. Appearing and singing a song, hell yeah, but to be a major part of the show... hell no.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I love ZZ Top. My dad's a big fan of ZZ Top. They'll probably anounce some matches, maybe play a song, and look cool.

As for them being "random", isn't that what the Celebrity Guest Host clause was? Random celebrities would host RAW weekly? So, you really have nothing to say about ZZ Top hosting being a "random" desicion.

I personally thought that Seth Green did a Hell of good job as Raw GM last night. I thought he had all the talents to make it good and he used them all. He was witty, funny and could be the butt of all the jokes. I thought that it made a good angle to put him in the match even if it was a little predictable that he would. The promo with the Big Show was hilarious and the promo with Jericho was good too. His wrestling skills could use a little work though. Anyway, I thought that he was a great guest GM and it will be a hard act to follow. ZZ top are an outstanding band and I hope that they do well. Following a fan favourite like Seth Green might be a hard act to follow however.

I hope, I really, really hope that the guy's backstage were listening really closely to Seth Green's mic work. He came out, pulled off his segments flawlessly, and showed what somebody with natural charisma can do with actor's training. HHH and Orton are two of the better WWE guys on the mic, and Seth Green was the shining star in that opening segment.

If you don't know who ZZ Top is, do yourself a favor and find the fuck out. Seriously. Unplug your ridiculous whiny emo music for a few minutes and learn a thing or two. They are rock/blues pioneers that have more musical ability in their little finger than just about every modern band has combined. These are guys that love fast cars, guns, a good drink, and sexy ladies. What's not to love?

I am personally really enjoying the Guest Host concept. Rather than another failure of a GM, we have hosts coming in and spicing things up. It shouldn't go on forever, but for the short term it adds some fun and gains some publicity. DiBiase and Green were great (sorry Batista), and I am really looking forward to ZZ Top.

So....I'm a bit confused. On Raw, I'm pretty sure i heard Cody Rhodes say that his dad was rumored to be the host next week and he made a comment about how he gets along with his dad unlike Ted JR.....

...Then it's announced that it will be ZZ Top.

so.....why did WWE even have that comment?....it seemed weird and out of place in an attempt to just make it seem like Legacy are fighting.

I agree why the hell would you mention Dusty Rhodes if he's not showing up? he may be there but not as guest host since we have the wonderfully relevant ZZ Top. I love their music too but come on this is 09 not 89. Wouldn't it make sense to have Dusty or Orton's Father or even Ric Flair as the host and have a celebrity guest or band that just shows up instead of them booking matches and wrestle which they have no business doing in the first place.

I agree that Seth Green did a great job as host. He was very comfortable and witty on the mic. He gave us some good backstage segments and gave us a litte variation in the main event if it was still predictable.

As for ZZ Top, I'm sure they'll be decent. They aren't actors, so they probably won't be as good as Seth on the mic, but I'm sure they'll do a fine job. If nothing else the guest host is an interesting concept that keeps us guessing week after week, so it can't be all bad.

Maybe its just me, but I I would like to see Dusty Rhodes on Raw as GM. He needs to address some things first especialy in regards to what Teddy Sr said about him to his son. It seems like the WWE is heading in to the direction of feuding Cody v.s Teddy Jr down the road. Dibiase made a comment about Dusty being a common man. If my memory serves me correct Dusty is a former world champion, and he defeated Ric Flair. Ted has not done that. Dusty has headlined more major events than Ted Sr as well.

This all should be brought back to light on RAW. I wouldn't mind seeing Dusty put some fire under his son, and getting him in a match with Teddy Jr., or Orton. Dusty is so over, and the crowd would get behind Cody in favor of his father. Cody needs some support, and who knows mabe Dustin could join them for one night on RAW(not Goldust). Cody/Dustin v.s Teddy/Orton. The Rhodes family wins, and Teddy walks out on Randy.

I just read on WZ that some other hosts in mind are snoop dogg and Sheryl crow, okay Snoop was at WM so thats probably the reason they want him, but why Sheryl Crow. what about all the past WWE stars, what about Stone Cold, fans would love Stone cold hosting raw, I mean shouldn't someone like Austin host raw before someone who has nothing to do with WWE

I was thinking about this for a bit and thought, what if some Guest Host, regardless of who it is, were to show up and strip every single Champion there is and start up tournaments. How crazy would that be?? That someone, now bare with me, for one night only, I know this is a reach, could be Vince R. and Eric B. What do you think?? That will “Shake Things Up A Bit”!!

what about Trish? if they are in Canada or something. also some legends, Superfly, Piper, Steamboat, steamboat could make Jericho defend the tag belts in a ladder match or something, since they had a small feud. and lol the Brooklyn brawler, he couldn't be any worse than some of the celebs they want, plus he was a wrestler even though a jobber. Dusty rhodes too like someone said, I like the idea of Dustin and Cody teaming, Goldust has run its course lets get the rhodes tag team together. Also HBK could host before he comes back like Batista did, and when HBK is there maybe start a feud with someone when he gets back. maybe have edge host when hes able to.

There's a rumor that if the guest host thing is still going, The Godfather will be hosting the Las Vegas RAW in August.
Interesting. It's cool to see what personalities they're reviving. Even if hosts do nothing in the long run, it's still some damn entertaining television. I expect today's RAW will be quite good. Will ZZ Top be beter than Seth Green? Probably not, but they're still ZZ fucking Top.

Well with the announcement of Shaquille O Neal as the guest of RAW next week, i was wondering on what your guy's thoughts on it are.

I think this is one of the those "lets wait and see" situatuations, so I wont bash it until I see what happens, but all in all I am not looking forward to it.

Yes i am aware that this thread will be thrown into the guests hosts of RAW page, but its Shaq were talking about here so I thought he deserved his own thread XD *joking*

I don't care much to be honest, for two reasons, 1: I'm Canadian, I'm a hockey-nut, and 2: I'm asian, north-american sports disgust me (except hockey and MMA if it counts). Sooo, Shaq is some one I could care less about. He could do a good job though, but I hope he's heel. I'm tired of all of the host's being baby face... EVEN DIBIASE SR. WAS FACE! And Million Dollar Man is like the greastest heel of all time. He might even wrestle, and be an epic fail, ;D. Let's see.

It's going to be interesting seeing Shaq run RAW. I'd like to see what Shaq does or says to the poor soul who gets in his face. A Big Show or Mark Henry confrontation with Shaq would be interesting.

This should be very entertaining stuff. Thus far none of the "celebrity" guests have really been very big celebrities. Seth Green and ZZ Top are famous and all, but Shaq is a fucking megastar. This should get some HUGE coverage on ESPN & Sportscenter I'm guessing. Any exposure is good for the WWE, and Shaq will bring in a ton.

Plus, he's a genuinely hilarious guy. He's got one of those crazy, wacky outgoing personalities that would lent itself greatly to something like pro wrestling. If he gets involved in an actual wrestling capacity, it's a plus as well. Shaq's a big and athletic guy, I'm sure he could give a body slam or two, which the crowd would be sure to go apeshit for. There's a pretty big Cavalier fanbase in the DC area.

All in all, a winning situation here if you ask me.

I agree with the thread starter.Why not Stone Cold Steve Austin?Why not Bret Hart?Why not Kurt Angle?For once have a soul Vince McMahon.And who the HELL is Sheryl Crow?

So this isn't really a discussion is it? It's just a bunch of posts saying WHAT IF GEORGE BUSH WAS IN CHARGE ROFL! or such other unhelpful things.

WWE should scrap this as soon as possible. I'm from England and happen to be a bit of a movie buff so I know of Seth Green. My younger cousins didn't. They watch Robot Chicken and Family Guy but didn't know who Seth Green was other than just a name on the credits. As for ZZ Top... I'm not a fan of that type of rock but I know of them... cousins didn't. Even Santino didn't help keep their interest. And now Shaq is here next week. You guys in the USA love him right? He's an NBA All Star... He'll go down in the Hall of Fame! I respect that. But, he's the kicker. I have never EVER seen him play. I do not regard him as a celebrity. Not in the UK. That'd be like me saying Michael Owen to an American. I doubt you'd know him. Alan Shearer? Wayne Rooney? Frank Lampard? Didn't think so.

So who next... Sheryl Crow... I bet my cousins can't wait for that.

This sucks. It makes me feel like I am being considered last by the WWE. Yeah, I get that you can't please everyone all the time but at least bringing in Ted Dibiase was related to the one thing WWE knows I like. WWE.

ZZ Top is fine, Seth Green is great. But until they become Britney Spears and Brad Pitt and it's an international superstar who headlines Raw... then everyone but the US is gonna feel a bit left out.

Tonight was awful. 2 over the hill rockers occasionally pretending to play their songs. They didn't even come out to address the crowd. They didn't leave their office. It was all undoubtedly pre taped stuff. And done poorly. You notice how everyone who entered their office had been arranged plans for the night. That's very coincidental. Awful.

I personally see this as a way for WWE to recoup their losses from the Advertisement free Raw. Robot Chicken advertised. ZZ Top and Aerosmith tour is advertised. Is Shaq up to anything sometime in the next few weeks. Be sure to see that get a plug.

This is abysmal and should be scrapped. Make Edge GM of Raw like Kurt Angle was when he was injured.

Reactions: Lee
Ahh... the Guest Hosts of RAW...

Complete bull**** if you ask me. Just another way to get cheap ratings from the media. It is a good idea to garner interest outside the wrestling community but only a small portion who choose to tune into RAW actually get converted over. Most just want to see ZZ Top perform for free or Seth Green doing what he does best.

Well, I guess if it sells do it until it doesnt sell anymore. I just hope WWE has a back-up plan (if they screw up a guest host or the idea doesnt appeal & becomes ultimately stale) before the next major draft otherwise RAW is going to have a hard time re-establishing the brand. If worse comes to worse they could switch RAW & SmackDown!'s creative/booking teams to give RAW life again. Before the recent major draft [not the 15-man trade] SmackDown didnt have the best stars but it managed very well for itself.

Let's hope the Guest Hosts of RAW will benefit in the long-run, not the short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back