*MERGED* Jericho to throw in the towel?

WWE.com is advertising that Edge and Chris Jericho will be a part of Smackdown when the show moves to Syfy in October.

So if Jericho is being advertised as being part of SD when SD moves to SyFy in October, does this mean that Jericho will win at NOC?

If you didn't know already then Jericho is saying that he will walk away from Raw if he doesn't win the title in the 6 pack challenge at NOC.

So this could mean one of three things:

1) He loses at NOC and returns by October.

2) He wins at NOC and stays in WWE.

3) He loses at NOC but he goes to SD and leaves Raw (I don't think he stated that he would leave WWE altogether just Raw).

What do you think will happen to Jericho at NOC (knowng that he's being advertised to be apart of SD in October)?

I think we are all a little guilty of over-analyzing things as they pertain to the world of professional wrestling and specifically to the WWE. They can and will do whatever the hell they want, whether it's logical or not, and we are expected to (and will) just accept it and move on.

The Miz had a match a couple of months ago on RAW as I recall, and the stipulation was if he lost , he would have to leave RAW forever. He lost. And he was back on RAW the very next week, with little or no explanation, at least no plausible explanation that I can even recall.

Didn't Tara lose a match to Madison Rayne a while back and if she lost, she would retire. Now she's back, and teaming up with Rayne in the worst kept secret in a while.

Both organizations are guilty of this, this has always been the case and likely always will be.

I don't know what will happen at Night of Champions, but my guess will be that Jericho will lose, take some time off, and then be back whenever and wherever he and the WWE decide to best utilize his talents. Maybe it will be logical, quite likely it won't be, but that's that. Sure, there are other options which have been discussed in other threads. But let's not make the mistake of applying logic and common sense to professional wrestling, it may or may not be there.

To answer the heading, no and no.

As quite a few people have posted, I think the Jericho leaving stick is an opportunity for him to leave Raw, rather than the WWE. He loses (I see him taking the pin to reinforce his decision to leave), disappears to tour with Fozzy and returns on Smackdown once it shifts to SyFy.

Whether his short term departure would lead to the return of Y2J however, I do not think so. If anything, it may signal the return of Lionheart, is he was to be face.
My reasoning is with the PG era, not many kiddies would understand the logic behind the Y2J name, in addition to most of his charisma as Y2J came from a more "Attitude Friendly" dialogue.
Lionheart would be more PG friendly, even if the name suggests a Cena-Mysterio hybrid wrestler.

As much as I would love to see Jericho win at NOC I don't see it happening and I see him taking some time off. If anyone deserves a nice break it is Jericho. Since he has been back he has worked without taking time off and consistently puts a solid effort out there. Also I don't think we are going to see a Y2J reincarnation. No matter how awesome it would be I can't see it going down. Now with Jericho losing at NOC he could very easily go back to SD, though I can't recall if he said he'd be done with Raw or done all together. Though I can't really see the E moving both Jericho and Edge to SD. I see Jericho losing and taking time off and Edge moving over to the blue brand.

I don't see Jericho retiring however. A return will definitely be prepared and it wouldn't surprise me if that return occurred at the Royal Rumble with a victory to get Jericho into the unification match (if they go that route) at Mania. Who better than Jericho to unify the titles.

I hope I'm not making anybody angry when I say that Chris Jericho's heel character is getting a little bit old; it's definitely lost its original effect (on me anyways), but he still plays it very well. It's just the fact that it's gone stale so to speak.

If he did return to his Y2J character, it would be like a breath a fresh air... something new to enjoy from him seeing as he is great as a heel or a face. He'd pull it off really well :) As for him retiring, I don't think he will this early on, he's still got a bit more left in him and draws good heat/pops...

Its very obvious that Jericho is taking a few months off. He will return and win the Royal Rumble. As far as a tournament for the title, that will not work. If they are to have a 16 man tourney, and have the first round on Raw, what happenms to the guys who lose??? Vince will not just throw them into an unadvertised match 6 daysout from the biggest pay per view of the year. Maybe they could just have an 8 man tournament, with the eight spots named at No Way Outk thus giving 5-6 weeks to build up the angles in the tourney. Theres 7 matches, plus the Tag, Womens and US Title matches, theres 10. Either way, Y2J will not return, that boat has sailed. Jericho returning and winning the Royal Rumble works as the obnoxious heel who will then have achieved everything. Then he goes into Wrestlemania to meet the WWE Champion

The chances of Chris Jericho winning the WWE Championship at NOC are practically zero. He's said himself in numerous interviews that he's interested in persuing other opportunities in the entertainment industry, that he wants to spend more time with his family and do some stuff with his band. As far as I'm aware, Jericho's contract is due to expire soon and he hasn't signed a new one or a contract extension at this time. The writing is on the wall for him to be gone for at least the rest of this year.

I fully expect Chris Jericho to be the one pinned at NOC as it seems all but certain at this point that he's leaving. It won't hurt him in the least of course, it wouldn't really hurt him anyway as Jericho can job to anyone and still come out smelling like roses.

I see Jericho taking time off after he loses then going to SD! in a year or two as a face-turn Y2J. He always gets a standing ovation when he's full-on Y2J and we all know we need more faces that are NOT John Cena

I hope he comes back as Y2J. It would be nice to see Jericho make fun of guys rather than call them hypocritical parasites.

Originally posted by craftyjacket

Everything has been pointing at a face turn, lately.

By the way, what is pointing towards his Y2J face turn? Maybe I'm just not seeing it. Could somebody explain this?

Looks like Jericho isn't going to NOC after losing to Morrison...wonder how this is going to play out in the weeks to come.

Looks like Jericho isn't going to NOC after losing to Morrison...wonder how this is going to play out in the weeks to come.

im really interested whats gonig to happen to him now. yes be will most likely be taking time off to tour with fozzy and return to smackdown but im more curiouse as to how they are going to write him off. perhaps he just comes out and ways since he's not at the top of his game anymore (not in the ME much and now out of NoC) he will take a break to regroup and come back to smackdown as the top face of the brand. i dont know why they always move edge and jericho at the same time. 1st they were in a tagteam then had a feud at mania then they both moved to raw and now there both moving back to smackdown? edge and jericho should be on different shows.

I don't care if Jericho is a face or a heel. He's just always been better when he can be funny. Can't he be a funny heel like he was when he first came to the WWE? If he doesn't want to play that character, fine. Also, I would get rid of the "Save Us" character. Bring back the original Titan-Tron entrance.

i now see jericho winning at noc actually. he is out of the match, but remember the championship scramble? jericho came from nowhere to win. maybe jericho and the gm are in it together. i just say this because it really doesnt make since having him out of the match now unless they want to turn him face. they could have had him loose at noc and even have him pinned to put someone over and leave for his tours in october to come back to smackdown latter.

besides who else is going to win? sheamus will not hold on to it. it wouldnt make sense for cena to win, barrett is still too green, orton does better chasing the title, and edge hasnt been important since he has gotten injured.

he may leave, but i actually think hell win.

I can see Jericho taking time off for the U.K. tour with Fozzy, but I don't think he's gone for good. He is at the best point in his career in my opinon. He is the type of guy who can put anyway over and retain his heat. WWE would be losing one of the backbones of the company and I think he could definately come back by Royal Rumble of next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back