**MERGED** All Tag Team Discussion- Keep it all in here!

Know what I noticed during the opening battle royal of Over The Limit? A lot of tag teams were wearing matching outfits. You had O'Neal/Young, Rex/Hawkins, the Usos, and Epico/Primo, all wearing the kind of matching gear that presents them as a TEAM. All four seem to put a lot of focus on working together, especially Rex/Hawkins.

RAW is adding a third hour, and the most logical way to fill that time is by adding a couple tag team matches. I think we're going to see the tag divison spring to life in the coming weeks, with teams competing for the titles week to week. O'Neal/Young have already made a lot of noise about shooting for the tag team titles. When's the last time a team actually chased them?

I think we're finally going to see the slow crawl back to relevance for the tag team titles. They simply have so much time to fill on Raw now that they can't avoid it.

Know what I noticed during the opening battle royal of Over The Limit? A lot of tag teams were wearing matching outfits. You had O'Neal/Young, Rex/Hawkins, the Usos, and Epico/Primo, all wearing the kind of matching gear that presents them as a TEAM. All four seem to put a lot of focus on working together, especially Rex/Hawkins.

I noticed that too. I had never really seen O'Neal/Young before, so I always assumed they were just two dudes that happened to team up together, kind of like Kofi/Truth (or even Ziggler/Swagger, who honestly don't have much of a connection beyond Vickie -- if you'll recall, they bickered and feuded when that alliance first started). So it was cool to see that they were actually a "team."

I truly believe that fixing the tag team division is easy and absolutely the only reason I have any optimism about the switch to a three-hour Raw at all is because it at least gives them the time to do it. They probably won't, but they'll certainly have the opportunity.

The biggest reason tag team wrestling has gone away is because of the belief that it isn't a style that earns money. Tag team wrestling has always been used to build singles stars -- you form a team, build them up, and then when you break them apart, you have an easy storyline and an instant heel and a face, and hopefully one of those guys becomes a star. That's been the formula. But in the past, it has worked after years of teaming up. Guys would debut as a team and wrestle as a team for years before reaching that inevitable breaking point. Given VKM and creative's ability to stick with something, it seems like a lost cause these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back