Meltdown 133: Xander LeBelle vs. Vee A.D.Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We’re looking at the Top 100 Greatest Minds of the World. Before the commercial break we saw Robert ‘Bobby’ Fischer at #52. And now, #51…”​

The sound of the television echoes across the small room; with large windows. The windows were covered with screen that matched the colour of the wallpaper and the bright sunlight from the outside makes the screen to glow. In front of the TV, there laid a large sofa which can accommodate at least 3. Mr. Adzenhan is sitting on it with his arms stretched and his lovely wife is sitting beside him with her head laying on his shoulders. Beside the sofa, in a chair Vee sits there perfectly with Sara over him with her legs falling across his lap. She crunches chips as the television show continues. WZCW’s most Intelligent One is back with his family now in England.

“#51… Meyer Lansky! The man behind the National Crime Syndicate in the United States. He not just spread his gambling empire across USA but also to Cuba. Widely known as the Mob’s accountant, he has his own sophisticated reasons to be in the 51st spot! He…”​

Vee: This is absolutely ridiculous! How can they put a crime lord over the world’s greatest Chess player of all time? Can you believe it?

He turns towards his father whilst sipping in some juice. Sara chuckles at him while on his lap. Before his father could respond to him, his mother commences to speak.

Mrs. Adzenhan: The only greatest mind I’ve known and seen is your father. Maybe to some extent, I can relate you in that. Perhaps…

Sara groans at them whilst stirring in Vee’s lap to get a comfortable position.

Sara: What do you mean “to some extent”?

Their playful tug-off war is interrupted by Mr. Adzenhan’s animated laugh. He reaches forward to grab his cup of tea from the table before turning towards Vee.

Mr. Adzenhan: Hmph! Thugs are not smart, but the criminals are.

Mrs. Adzenhan: I agree with that. A while back in India, a doctor was arrested on human trafficking, only then to know that he held control of 5 ministers in the Indian ministry for the past 10 years. When they examined him, they found his IQ to be staggering over 160!

Mr. Adzenhan: Sometimes high IQ means nothing. The most brilliant minds won’t get caught. They have created this shadow in this world which makes common people to believe that Crime can easily be identified and criminals can easily be caught. Those who’re getting caught are just an alibi for some bigger crimes.

Sara takes part in the conversation as well. She swallows the chips she was chewing and takes a gulp of water.

Sara: To be honest, I have seen some greatest minds in WZCW as well. The likes of Steve Holmes, Titus Avison, Constantine and such. The way they manipulate the minds of other men and women in the locker room is unreal! Everyone knows Constantine or Holmes are going to turn on each other or their partners, eventually. They are smart enough to know that. But still guys like Austin Reynolds and Abel Hunnicutt chose to be with them. The Shadow in this world, your dad has mentioned, it has clouded WZCW. I’m glad you’re bright enough to outshine that.

Vee’s father smirked at him and nodded as an approval of what Sara said. Vee just sits there, bluntly not knowing what to say. Even his intellectual mind totters at times. His father, being the smartest men in the room, reads his son’s mind and decided to step into clear his mind. He stood off from the sofa and folds the shirt’s arms. He takes the last sip of the tea and places it on the table.

Mr. Adzenhan: Sometimes I wonder why you’re being so naïve. I thought, travelling around the world would’ve made you a tad mature.

Mrs. Adzenhan laughs from her position and quickly jabs her husband, rather playfully.

Mrs. Adzenhan: (whispers) Stop it…

Mr. Adzenhan: Why don’t you and Sara join me tonight for a Charity program? It’s not too far from here. It might teach you something about how the world runs.

Vee turns his head to Sara who jiggles her head with a glee. He shrugs his shoulder and gets up from his chair, sipping the last of his juice. He gives the glass to his mum who’s collecting the glasses and cup for washing.

Vee: I’m not sure. But okay, dad. I hope it’ll be fun.

“And at #47… Alexander Grahambell! Regarded as the father of modern day communication…”​

……….

The breeze grazes the flowers around the lawn of Mr. Adzenhan’s house and scents a pleasant smell throughout the space. As beautiful as the flowers and as pleasant as its smells, Sara, wearing a silver coloured maxi walks out of the door. She waits for her boyfriend, Vee who wears a matching silver coloured tuxedo with a dark green bowtie. He adjusts his cufflinks and wraps Sara in his arms and walks down the steps. His father waits there, rather in a contrasting black coloured tuxedo. He looked so elegant when he steps out of the car to open door for Vee and Sara. Sara giggles and gestures a bow as a token of appreciation and steps inside the car.

The charity house wasn’t far too away; the car speeds to the location and a waiter receives them at the entrance. All three of them steps out of the car elegantly and walks down the red carpet. Some of the reporters who recognized Vee, flashes their camera at him; for which Vee just responds with just raising his hand to them. As soon as they enter the huge hall, a man wearing purple blazer walks in and hugs Mr. Adzenhan. His father responds back with a gentle hug before turning to Vee.

Mr. Adzenhan: This man right here is the host for tonight’s charity, Mr. James Emerlad Yardy! And this is my son, Vimal.

Yardy reaches his hands out for a handshake; the golden cufflink with a diamond stone engraved in it glows when Vee and Yardy shakes his hands.

Yardy: Welcome, young man.

He then turns at Vee’s father and beams.

Yardy: I’ve never met your son before, have I?

Mr. Adzenhan: No, because he lives in the United States now. I would rather say, he travels a lot.

Yardy: Oh! Very interesting. What do you do, boy?

Vee: Oh, I’m a professional wrestler. I wrestle for an international brand, WZCW. Before I wrestled here in Surrey Championship Wrestling.

Yardy slightly tilts his head and looks down at Vee with an impudent face.

Yardy: Surrey Championship Wrestling? Never heard of that. I’m more of a football guy. Anyhow, it sounds like you’re an International star now.

Vee: Apparently, Yes. I am.

Vee didn’t want to further the conversation as he senses the lack of knowledge and interest from his responder. He holds Sara’s hands and walks past them. Sara seems to be busy checking her phone as they walk past the crowd.

Vee: What’s going on, hunny?

Sara flips her hair and turns her look away from her phone to Vee.

Sara: I was just contacted by WZCW’s HR department. You’re booked to face Xander LeBelle, next round.

Vee: Wow! Interesting. I always am fascinated to face new opponents. New opponent means new challenge!

Sara: Of course, it’s a challenge. Because that match is a #1 Contender’s match for the Eurasian Title. More challenging is, it will be a fatal four-way!

Grimace spreads across his face at the mentioning of Eurasian Title; he tries to hide that but of no vail. His father appears from the crowd with a glass of wine. He sips it in as he walks closer to them. He notes the foul expression on his son’s face; gulps his wine and gets close to the couple.

Mr. Adzenhan: Is there something wrong?

Sara: No, it’s nothing. His match for next week has just been announced. He might get a shot at Eurasian Championship again.

Mr. Adzenhan: Cheer up, son! Let’s not talk business here. Come on, I’ll show you the reason why I brought you here.

He pulls his son by his arms through the crowd; Sara closely follows them both. James Yardy can be seen walking pass them, before tapping Vee’s shoulders. He gets on the stage and grabs a mic.

Yardy: Welcome gents and lovely ladies, for this wonderful evening. This evening wouldn’t have been possible without you all. Look at all the charity fund we have managed to collect. I assure you, half of this goes to the city’s orphanage and the other half goes to cancer cure.

He pauses for a moment to shower in the claps of the presenters. He continues his speech to juggle with the audience’s mind.

Mr. Adzenhan: Are you seeing any orphanage organization’s representative here. Neither is Cancer Cure’s. But this charity is just made up to make business propositions. You see, everyone in this building are liars. They are wear masks to hide their true-selves. These people may be wearing rich clothes and fancy ornaments. The truth is, they are just ugly and sick as leapers. I brought you here tonight for a very important reason. Look at us, we are the poorest one in this building now. You think these people here are philanthropists, aristocrats and diplomats? They’re high rated criminals behind the curtain.

Vee tilts his head slightly down and rubs his nose. Then he swings his view around the colossal hall. He could only see drunken millionaires, wearing a high rich costume but with no sense of manner. Many of them barely can stand on their feet, many others totters and falls over beautiful women; only they know it’s intentional or not.

Vee: But we are not like them, dad. We are pole opposite to them.

Mr. Adzenhan: That’s the problem, son. The path you’ve taken to travel is not safe. You’re in the wrong business to be perfectly clean. You see, the path to make yourself to the top without compromising your pride and integrity, is a valley that separates people like us and people like them.

He points his fingers at the hypocritic guests of the charity function, who’re consuming a whole lot of charity money as alcohol. The costly alcohols bottles at the bar might be worth enough to feed for 3 orphan kids for a week.

Mr. Adzenhan: You’ve to walk through this dangerous path, and sometimes you might want to get your hands dirty. You might not able to cross the path without stepping on the mud. This is a cruel world son; the world is plagiarized with dirty player. You can never walk pass them without touching the dirt. I taught you to be a man of integrity, I’m teaching you this as well. When it is demanded, you should be a thug to take on the thugs. It’s not a metaphor. You’re dealing with thugs every day, aren’t you?

Sara, who has been listening to the whole conversation, gets into it.

Sara: Tony Mancini, Luke Manson, the guys on black and white, the thugs who’re intimidating to take over WZCW and your forthcoming opponent, Xander LeBelle. Aren’t they all thugs? Even the Mikey Stormrage, the guy everybody loves, grabs the spotlight only by putting hands on his friend Matt Tastic.

Mr. Adzenhan: I don’t know about your colleagues. But I agree with Sara. From what I’ve seen, every single person in your business has played dirty games to get to the top.

Vee: But dad, this is my profession! My passion! Not business!

Mr. Adzenhan: Others around you don’t feel the same, do they? Be a Roman in Rome! I never told you to go in a wrong way to reach the top. What I’m saying is, when someone tries to intimidate you with brass knuckles, it isn’t advisable to take them on with bare knuckles.

Sara hugs around Vee’s arms whilst rubbing his back with her free hand.

Sara: You don’t need to tutor him any further. I don’t want to see him upset as well. But thank you Mr. Adzenhan. Your son needs your words. You’re always there to say the things that I can’t. As for now, you’ve said everything that’s needed to be said. Give him some time to sink this in and I’m quite sure, he’ll understand everything clearly.

Vee calmly walks a few steps away from them. He could feel the world spinning around him. He understands that the true colour of the world can’t be seen when it spins. One should take a moment or few to stand in the middle, to observe the things, to see pass the mask. When he opens his eyes to look at the crowd at that moment, all he could see is men who had spoken diplomacy is now smelling booze and cigarette. The ones who had royal cane and walking sticks in their hands, holding alcohols. It felt like he started to decipher the world little by little. But also he understands, the path he had chosen isn’t going to be easy.

……….

A few days later…

The turbulence in the aircraft makes the plane to jerk a little as it pierces the sky at Mach speed. Most of them are seem to be sleeping whilst Vee starts out at the dark night sky through the window. Sara, who just wakes up by the aircraft’s turbulence finds Vee awake.

Sara: Aren’t you sleeping yet, hunny? It’s going to be a long flight and you need to sleep.

Vee turns at Sara and smiles at her.

Vee: My dad was right. Sometimes, being smart doesn’t matter. I see things in a more intricate way and take decisions based on my pessimistic approach. I never should complain about WZCW. Wrong people maybe running the company and perhaps I’m working with wrong people. But I was provided with opportunities. I had a shot at KFAD, a shot at Eurasian Championship, a chance to win the Gold Rush tournament and even to face the world champion in a non-title match. But what did I do? I failed every time. I can give you a thesis on the statistical reasons for my loss but does that matter? No. What I look into right now is to grab this #1 Contenders opportunity and grab what I feel I deserve.

Before he could finish talking, Sara snuggles into this chest and sleeps so calmly. Vee covers them both with a big quilt and kisses Sara in her forehead.

……….

This man makes almost twice Taylor Swift's salary in a year. He has a square jaw, piercing blue eyes, and a dazzling smile. He wears strictly Dukakis-brand suits, Armani-brand sunglasses, and solid gold rings. He has appeared on magazine covers, in television shows, and on the silver screen. He has managed fighters, actors, and champions. He has even stepped inside the octagon and walked out with his hands held high.

This is Adonis. And over the next thirty minutes, we will take a look at the man behind the shades, with exclusive interviews with the man himself and his top client, the French ambassador who has earned the title of The World's Greatest Mind.

"You know somethin' about me?"

Andrew Adonis sits against a dark marbled backdrop. His suit is resplendent, as always. He grins.

"I hate waiting. Just ask my mother."

Born at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, New York in 1981, Adonis did what he would do his whole life - beat both trends and the odds to come out on top.

Archive footage of the hospital in question plays as images of a baby in an incubator fade onto the screen.

"You know I was supposed to be born three months later, right? I told you, I hated waiting, even back then. They said to her I'd be brain-damaged and weak and all that. But tell me..."

He laughs, triumphant.

"Do I look weak to you?"

Indeed, in what some doctors would call a miracle, this tiny baby boy would soon give way to a strapping young man.

Photos of Adonis at five, at ten, at fifteen fade onto the screen. His hair a beautiful sandy-blonde, his smile evident in all of them. In one captioned 'Age 16', he wears a wrestling singlet and headgear, looking exhausted but victorious as a medal dangles from his neck.

As a young man, Adonis learned to play the stock market. Being in the exchange's back yard certainly didn't hurt. A few key investments later and Adonis was on the fast lane to dream street.

There is a smooth transition from footage of the NYSE to Adonis's laughing face.

"My first investment, there's a story. Ever hear of Ashecorp? One of the biggest tech companies out there? I got in on the ground floor. And a few years later, I was off to Hollywood."

The hills of California accepted the silver-tongued stallion as one of their own, and soon Adonis made his most important investment of them all - himself.

The beautiful and pristine Adonis Studios, a white three-story building with glass doors and tall windows, reflects the Californian sunlight and beams like a beacon.

Adonis Studios, established in 2006, has gone through multiple different remodelings over the years, but one thing that has never changed is that iconic plaque outside the door that reads...

There is a close-up on the plaque itself. Gold, of course.

"Prometheus gave the humans life and fire, but Andrew Adonis gave them happiness and success." - a quote uttered by Ashecorp CEO, Austin Ashe. It is fitting when you consider the clientele this great studio has had.

There is shot after shot of Adonis behind his desk meeting with client after client. In each encounter, Adonis's handshake is firm, his smile bright and pronounced, and though he ages subtly in each one, his look never wavers.

"The man too dangerous for MMA himself! Joseph Cross, it's a pleasure doing business with you!"

"The iron giant! Sparky Foxworthy! How's it hanging, buddy?"

"C-Bax herself! Nothing like having your name in lights, am I right?"

"Dan Brown from downtown! Have you been working out? Ha! Of course you have!"

"Ortega, my guy! My man! My ace in the hole! Keeping that title for another month? Outstanding!"

More than a mere agent, Adonis has changed and guided clients from around the world, none more dramatically than French diplomat and former champion in the world of professional wrestling, Xander LeBelle. At the time this is airing, he is preparing for a match with Adonis in his corner.

August 28, 2016

Inside one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles, the agent and his client meet over dinner. The conversation is measured, casual, though much like the fine steaks on their plates it is dripping with meaning. Cameras catch every word, aided occasionally by subtitles.

"Mr. LeBelle, you won't find a finer cut in LA," Adonis says, taking a sip of water from a crystal glass. "But let's cut to the chase."

He smirks and reaches into his briefcase. He slides a contract across the table and taps it.

"Boom. Talked to Banks directly. Obviously, they were already going to give their never-pinned star a chance for a shot at such a prestigious championship, but it never hurts to have a guy like me in your corner, am I right?"

As Xander picks up the contract, to read the fine print, he looks ready to celebrate as if he had already won the title.

"Remarkable," LeBelle says in awe. "I may be The World's Greatest Mind, but you are The World's Greatest Negotiator. No others come close. You could talk God himself into becoming an atheist."

Wasting little time, he picked up a pen and made the match official in ink.

"The last time I performed in the ring, there was a moment of silence when I got up after The Game Over from Mikey Stormrage. It will be more than just a moment when I can outsmart Vee A.D.Z." he said, before taking a sip from his glass of wine. "I can see it now. Sebastian yells into his headset that the impossible has happened, the day WZCW's man with a 180 IQ was beaten at his own game. But there's no such thing as an impossibility in this world, when the unexpected get involved, and if there's one thing that seperates me from any other wrestler in WZCW, it's expectations, wouldn't you agree?"

Adonis chuckles as he puts the inked contract back in his case. "Absolutely, kid. Absolutely. This Vee kid's got a pretty good record, but I mean, let's face it, what's a hyper-intelligent mind compared to the World's Greatest?"

"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king, Andrew. I don't intend to make light of my opponent, because if they have to decide which of the two of us is more worthy, it says quite a lot in favor of my opponent, but when your workplace is dominated by those of far lower intelligence, it's easy to see why an analyst like him could reach the height that he has. But...that's the problem, he's an analyst."

Adonis leans in to listen closely to his client's reasoning.

"He may pick up the clues to who the killer in every murder mystery, but this is not a story. Sometimes you come across a two way road, and you go down what is always the safe path, but a mugger pulls you into the bushes and shoots you for your wallet. All he's got to go off of is what he's seen from us, and even now, as I say these words to a documentary, that will go on the air...When exactly? Slightly before our match? If he watches this right now, all he will know is to be ready for the impossible, which itself will always be an impossibility."

Xander laughs at the camera, holds up his wine, and downs the rest of his glass. Adonis joins in and when he speaks next there is excitement in every breath.

"You're damn right, guy. Just remember, eyes on the prize. You beat this guy, you go to the Lottery. You win that, the world gets to see a dream match. LeBelle vs. Avison. A marquee match with the two best in the world. That's the money."

The two continue to speak and enjoy their meal, their voices fading out.

Xander is just one of his many clients, and in Adonis' opinion, his greatest.

We cut to an isolated room with a lone spotlight illuminating Xander's presence. LeBelle grins a confident Cheshire Cat's grin as he stares into the camera.

"I will never forget the words that Adonis said to me, when he welcomed me to his agency. Without these words...without Adonis, I would still have never stepped foot in WZCW again, and the world would have been robbed of something far worse than their jobs, or their homes. They would be missing a real game-changer, a revolutionary, the greatest mind in the world today, and I have Adonis to thank for the words that got me to share my brilliance with the rest of the world, 'Heroes and legends have to be the ones who write history for themselves.'"

A photo of Xander, under his identity of The Masked Gentleman, walking out of Lethal Lottery in his last known appearance in years flashes onto the screen before fading into a picture of current Xander after his victory over Veejay.

"'Christopher Columbus never discovered America, and Thomas Edison didn't invent the lightbulb, but the lives of the people who did don't matter because they never did anything with their discoveries. If you never take that step to write your own history, someone else will take it from you because history is written by the winners. With a mind like yours, and with me by your side, we'll be those winners who write history.'"

He pauses impressively to let his Adonis's words sink in.

"Since that day, I have never felt I have ever had to don that mask again to reach success, and now that the two of us burned it in front of an audience, I never will. And still, success will come to me."

Time will tell of the great success of Adonis and LeBelle. To some, the history seems unwritten, but to Adonis himself it seems all but assured. His reasoning is simple enough.

Adonis again fills the screen, the sunset reflected in his gold aviators as he stares out of the window of his agency.

"I mean, of course we're destined to succeed," he says. "You can come along for the ride yourself. After all...

He grins his dazzling grin.

"...You can trust me."

The credits roll.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member