MD81: Holmes/Callahan/New Church vs. Saboteur/Saxton/Titus/Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Following the announcement of the Hell in a Cell returning for a third time to the main event of Unscripted, the four competitors fighting for the World title have been placed in tag team action as a warm-up for the PPV. However, they will be accompanied by both the New Church and the Tag Team Champions Action Saxton and Saboteur, who recently had a brawl break out over which team took out Mikey Stormrage. This huge 8 man tag match is going to be explosive; the referee is going to have this hands full.

Deadline is 11:59pm Central Time, Wednesday 28th November. Extensions as per thread.

Chapter 6: The Task at Hand.​

After the Battle Royal at SuperShow II has ended, Derek Jacobs and Mason Westhoff are seen in their locker room unwinding. Even though they were eliminated by Mikey Stormrage, Derek seems very happy with their showing. Mason, on the other hand, seems to be more disappointed than usual.

Derek: Brother Mason, can you believe how well we did in that battle royal? We eliminated a number of superstars and made it all the way to the final six!

Mason looks at Derek with a confused expression, perplexed at his partner.

Mason: And you’re happy about this? Brother Derek, Titus of all people won the match, we let The Almighty get eliminated from the match, and worse of all, we were both eliminated by Stormrage.

The look on Brother Westhoff’s face turns from confused to anger.

Mason: Two matches in a row, Brother Jacobs. Two. First we fail to beat the ridiculous combination of SaboSax, and then both of us fail to make it to the main event of Unscripted when we thought that we had that match in the bag. We worked together to eliminate Barbosa, El Califa Dragon, and had almost eliminated Titus; but none of that matters because we’re here and they’re there.

Derek: He works in mysterious ways.

Mason: Now we’re only weeks away from one of the biggest pay-per-views in WZCW history and we don’t even have a match on the card yet. Strikeforce is back, Saxoteur seems to have our number and even though The Almighty revealed himself to us, we’ve really been directionless for the past couple of weeks. Honestly, Brother Jacobs, I don’t know what to do. For the first time in a while, I feel confused. What can we do now? Do we follow this man, or do we search for another?

Derek: He works in mysterious ways.

Mason: And would you please quit saying that? I know He works in mysterious ways Brother Jacobs. You don’t have to keep reminding me every three seconds.

After sitting in silence for a couple of minutes, Brother Westhoff speaks again, his voice more apologetic.

Mason: Forgive me Brother Jacobs for that outburst. It’s just that my whole adult life I’ve been chasing this person, I’ve invested so much time and money into finding Him, and when I do…when we do, we fail in our first two outings. I just thought that finding Him was the answer.

Derek: Forgive me for saying this once again Brother Westhoff, but He works in mysterious ways. Finding Him may not be the answer, Mason. Maybe the answer lies in Following Him. Faith is the Answer, Brother Mason. It always has been. I believe that The Almighty will only help us if we help ourselves. We will be rewarded for all of the hard work we’ve put in for Him, but we need to be patient.

Mason: You’re right, Brother. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. We will be victorious in the end, I’m sure of it. We need to return our focus on the Tag Team Championships, brother. It is time for us to claim what is rightfully ours. Let us Pray.

A couple of days later, Derek is in the gym, running on a treadmill. Sweat is pouring off of his body as he pushes himself that extra step to finish his workout. Just as he finishes, his phone dings letting him know that he has an email from WZCW Management.

A short time later, Derek is sitting in Westhoff’s massive office, speaking to him regarding his email.

Derek: We are in the main event of Meltdown. It will be The New Church, Steven Holmes and Drake Callahan vs. Titus, Showtime David Cougar and SaboSax.

A peaceful, almost serene smile breaks out on Mason’s face. He leans back in his chair and does something out of character for him: puts his feet up on his desk. He lets out a sigh that almost sounds like relief and says:

Mason: He works in mysterious ways. Brother Jacobs, this is the opportunity that we have been looking for. Not only can we slay the dragon finally with Saboteur and Saxton, but if either one of us can get a pinfall on either Titus or David Cougar, it could raise our stock considerably.

Derek: I completely agree with your analysis of the match. This could very well be our last chance in showing the higher ups in WZCW that we are the rightful heirs to the tag team throne. Not only that, but if we can weaken the World champion and Titus enough for either Steven Holmes or Drake Callahan to win the Hell in a Cell at Unscripted, then that person would owe us. Brother Mason, what do you think our strategy should be for this match?

Mason: Well Brother Jacobs, Saboteur, Saxton and Titus we’ve been in the ring with on multiple occasions now and we know the weaknesses of these three men, but the wildcard is David Cougar. He’s a veteran in every since of the world and even though his pandering to the sheep that make up the masses is something that I loathe, the longevity he has been able to have in his career is something to be desired by anyone. He is someone that likes to often go for the big move a little too often, and if we can exploit that to our advantage then we could make our work a little easier.

Derek: What about our partners? I believe that we can be a sound team, and I respect both Callahan and Holmes greatly. Holmes has always been someone I’ve wanted to emulate; and Callahan has really earned my praise since he decided that he wasn’t going to listen to the masses anymore and that he is going to do what’s best for him.

Mason: This is truly a most interesting team. At Unscripted these two won’t be able to trust each other at all, but at Meltdown we all have a common goal. I think it would be best for us all to have a meeting to discuss strategy. I’ll work on making the arrangements.

A short time later, Derek Jacobs and Mason Westhoff are on an airplane heading to the location for Meltdown 81. While Mason is working on his computer, Derek is once again seen writing in his journal.

Mason has set up a meeting between us and Steven Holmes and Drake Callahan. It will be an honor to finally meet these two amazing competitors and go over our game plan. This match could be our biggest challenge yet, just for the added competitors. While I am confident that we will be victorious, I cannot rest on my laurels or become too cocky. The New Church has a lot to prove to ourselves, and also to The Almighty. Steven Holmes calls himself “The Elite” and I feel like that’s exactly what this team is. We’re elite. The uncrowned WZCW Tag Team champions, a former World champion and one of the greatest wrestlers in WZCW history. We are ruthless. We are aggressive. We’re dangerous. And at Meltdown 81...

We will be unstoppable

Darkness is our opening as it has done so often recently. Its emptiness and stillness rather poetic, for Steven Holmes, a man at peace, but also unfulfilled. His future a certainty, if only in his own eyes, his state of mind never in question. Then suddenly, music begins:

[YOUTUBE]sd4VsbM4fOo&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

And with this music comes an image. It is difficult to see, but it fades in closer and closer, becoming clearer. Then, the narration begins:

Holmes: It is magnificent. It is exactly as I have always envisioned it. A towering monolith in the heart-land of one’s imagination. It’s symbolism great and mighty, its appearance both terrifying and poignant. It is the dream and the nightmare all rolled into one. Its peaks are covered by pure, white snow. Its surface is grey, neutral to those who attempt to conquer it. It is the metaphorical mountain that so many men speak of.

Finally we see the mountain in its full majesty. It truly is a sight to behold. It is almost too much to take in at a first glance. We cut in closer, seeing someone, something climbing this mountain. It is difficult to make them out as the wind howls and the snow blows as the mountain towers into the clouds and even further beyond.

Holmes: And I climb...

Getting in closer to the figure we discover it is in fact Holmes. He is not dressed in what we would consider the appropriate attire for such a dangerous task. Instead he is donned in a marvellous suit, dressed in all black. His figure contrasts with the pale grey and untouched white of the mountain.

Holmes: I ascend past every marker on the mountain. I scrape, I claw and I pull myself forward...

Holmes uses his upper body strength to pull upwards, struggling and straining to reach the next point on the mountain. The pain and agony on his face apparent.

Holmes: I grab at others, pulling them from the mountain side, plummeting them to the abyss below...

We witness a hand grab hold of a leg. We see the leg belongs to Big Dave, his face stricken with terror. We also see Holmes’ face, dripping with vile intentions, a smirk that would make even the likes of the bogeyman envious. Holmes’s hair blows with the wind coming over him, snow dotting onto his face. It is a sight almost from a fairytale. In one titanic moment Holmes pulls, sending Dave from the mountain side and down into the murky clouds below, ending his journey.

Holmes: ...and allowing myself the opportunity to further my own path forwards.

Watching his nemesis fall from grace, Holmes continues to smile malevolently, eventually breaking out into maddening laughter which echoes all over and around the mountain. Eventually, he returns his attention to his upward momentum. He continues onwards.

Holmes: But then, I search for the next ascension and I am there. I finally achieve the impossible, I reach the mountain top.

Holmes’ hand searches for more to grab hold of and climb higher, but in reality the surface is flat and the summit has been reached. Holmes pulls himself upwards to get his entire body onto the peak.

Holmes: I have done it. My dreams are realised, my hopes a reality and all is right with the world as Steven Holmes stands upon high, looking down at those who lurk below. The feeling is one of total euphoria. I am victorious and I have vanquished all those who dared question my talents. I am truly the lord and master of this realm. No man, woman, child, myth, legend, demon, angel, or even God can stop me. I am truly overcome in the moment when it all suddenly drains away.

Standing tall and grinning from ear to ear, Holmes looks around at the mountain top, his smile dropping from his face in a moment of surprise.

Holmes: For many this accomplishment of reaching the summit is the be all and end all. It’s the height of their career but for I, an elite, this is merely the start of something else. For what I see is the staircase to immortality. It is hidden from most, but for those few who are truly masters of their craft it will present itself.

Looking upwards, Holmes sees the staircase. It goes higher than even the summit of the mountain, penetrating the final layer of cloud above even the mountain’s peak. It reaches and touches the realm of God’s. Holmes’ face indicates that he is prepared for the challenge that waits in climbing the stairs. He approaches them.

Holmes: These steps have claimed the career and livelihoods of many a man. They are the final steps into the heavens and the true pathway to immortality. At the top is a throne, occupied by no man in history, because no one man has ever been able to reach them. Many come close, but no one is able to sit above even the heavens and declare himself the omnipotent and undisputed ruler of all. At least, not until I!

A dark, menacing grin creeps onto Holmes’ face as he begins to put his foot on the first step.

Holmes: Then...nothing.

As the tips of Holmes’ toes touch the steps, everything dies. Darkness is king again. The music ends, even Holmes’ narration ceases. It all reaches its untimely end. We are still for a few moments. Then everything changes, just as it died. We see Steven Holmes’ face, his eyes closed. Then, we hear a new voice.

Doctor: Very good Steven. Now open your eyes.

Holmes responds, opening his eyes to re-establish contact with this mysterious voice. We see from Holmes’ point of view a man in a tweed suit. He has a pipe in his mouth. His hair is brown, thick and well groomed and his facial features are topped off with a goatee, the brown as his hair. He smiles warmly, his appearance welcoming.

Doctor: You say this happens every night Steven?

Holmes: Indeed. Every night without fail I sleep with this dream circulating in my cranium, playing out the exact same way every time. Why you need to ask me this again is beyond me as we’ve established this in our two prior sessions.

Doctor: Well Steven, what I’m trying to do is see if there are any discrepancies in any of the other accounts you’ve given me of this dream.

Holmes: Oh please, what you’re trying to do is pry open my mind and see what lurks within. I don’t blame you as it’s a fascinating mind that I possess. That and of course you’re being paid rather handsomely by the WZCW bigwigs who like to remain hidden and anonymous.

The Doctor’s smile disappears and a look of contemplation arises. He strokes his facial hair and takes his pipe out of his hand. He puts it to the side of the table he is sitting on. He goes to speak:

Doctor: Steven, it’s clear in these meetings that you dislike me probing your mind. You’d dislike it anyway if I was doing it for scientific curiosity, but you dislike even more because I’m doing it for WZCW. Why?

Holmes: I’m not insane.

Doctor: I never said you were.

There is a pause as Holmes’ eyes narrow and he stares directly at the Doctor. What looks back at Holmes is a look of intrigue. Holmes grins.

Holmes: You know I’ve had a lot of time to chew over the thoughts and fears of those in WZCW. I mean why this nameless, faceless power in WZCW would sanction the making of the Unscripted main event a Hell in a Cell match confuses me. If they are having me psycho-analysed, surely they see the dangers that a man such as I could bring to such a match. And that’s without questioning the mental stability of the other participants in such a match. And then it struck me, they want me to be unleashed inside the Cell. They have caged me with tag team competition such as last week’s abysmal failure with Callahan and this upcoming eight man tag team contest. They are poking the bear if you will.

They’re deliberately provoking me in an attempt to create an uncontrollable monster to unleash inside the Cell and create a big selling point for their pay-per-view. It is corporate greed at its highest calibre and it endangers those I’m locked inside the Cell with. It’s not only stupid, but doomed to fail. They think I’m not sane, but the fact of the matter is that I am in total and utter control of my actions and should I choose to destroy those around me, I will, with complete peace of mind. That will be shown on Meltdown when I take action against my enemies, including the new addition to this match; Titus.

A legend, in the grand scheme of things, without question. Titus is a man who represents the past of wrestling and a man who seeks to validate his career with a third record breaking championship reign, but the fact of the matter is while Titus may have indeed earned his share of the ring with his battle royal victory, what he hasn’t done is saved himself from the career ending destruction that awaits. While I am sane, I am also destructive, and Titus will feel that forceful destruction on both Meltdown and Unscripted when I leave him in the middle of the ring, bloodied, beaten, broken. His career done.

Doctor: Well is it any wonder why WZCW wants to have you mentally examined if you say things like that.

Holmes: But my dear doctor, the way I say such things, my delivery, my precision, does that not indicate that I am sane? If I were mad I would be frothing at the mouth and be clenching my fingers into my palm until it bled. I may have done such things in the past, but this was before I had reached a point of sanity. It is true that over a period of time I danced with madness, but that is in the past. I would never take such desperate actions at this time. I am complete and I am sane. I cannot emphasise this any further.

The Doctor and Holmes look into each other’s eyes, reading much about one another. Then, after a few moments of understanding, the Doctor stands up and goes behind the table on which he has sat. He grabs a file from the table; Steven Holmes’ file. He opens it to its first page.

Doctor: Steven, I’ve analysed you for several weeks now, and after much consideration, I believe that you...

Holmes looks at the Doctor, unsure of what he will say next, just as the Doctor looks at Holmes. Their eyes match and they attempt to read one another again. It’s almost as if he’s unsure after all the analysis and this one look into Holmes’ eyes, nay, his soul will tell him what he needs to know. The Doctor blinks, shakes his head and returns to the file.

Doctor: Steven Holmes, I declare you sane!

The Doctor grabs a stamp with the word “sane” embellished onto it and, with ink fresh onto it, stamps the four letter word onto Holmes’ file. The aristocrat smiles, justified. Then, he rises from his chair, quick as a flash. He grabs his coat and heads to the door, speaking the entire time.

Holmes: I knew you’d see it that way my dear Doctor. I want to thank you for all your time and patience and I also want to apologise for WZCW wasting your time like this. It’s a shame a man with talents such as your s was forced to treat a perfectly good mind such as mine.

Doctor: Just a second Steven.

Holmes turns around sharply, looking at the Doctor with a mixture of displeasure and joy.

Doctor: Just because I declared you sane does not mean that you have a, as you put it, “perfectly good mind”. You are without question a sick and twisted individual who feasts off of the pain and misery of those you declare below you and while you can be sane to enjoy doing that, it doesn’t make you a pleasant human being.

Standing at the Doctor’s door, Holmes has his coat over his arm, and his eyes fixed on the Doctor. Holmes’ breathing increases in volume, signalling a mood shift towards anger. He turns to face the Doctor fully now, his breathing still heavy, angered. Then, the look on Holmes’ face morphs into one of delight. And then, he starts to laugh. The laughing starts out fairly normal and average, though the Doctor is concerned. Then, it develops into something more. The laughter becomes a cackle, fully blown up in scale. Its warped sound echoes through the office and probably the entire building. Its sound strikes fear into the heart of the Doctor whose eyes widen with the fear.

Then the cackle evolves even further, becoming an uncontrollable howl of deeply dark proportions. It erupts from Holmes who cannot stop it as a torrent of laughter comes flooding out. It simply won’t cease and as Holmes smiles, tears flow freely from his face. His expression is almost a hybrid of pain and glee. With the howl in full swing, Holmes’ face swells red, almost ready to burst. He grabs the door and exits. The Doctor is terrified, but his analytical mind cannot help but notice that through the sheer craziness of it all, there seemed to be a look of fear within Holmes’ own eyes, as if he were afraid of what comes next.

Lesson of the Day: No one knows what you need better than you do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The roaring of the airplane engines can be heard before the scene comes into focus. Brothers Derek Jacobs and Mason Westhoff can be seen sitting in a row all to themselves, but the roomy plane leaves each man plenty of personal space. Brother Jacobs can be seen scribbling in his journal between periods of turbulence, while Brother Westhoff fidgets with his laptop, waiting to hear that he can turn it on. The frequent flying was Brother Westhoff’s least favorite part of his new endeavor. It isn’t out of fear, however, but more due to the lack of control he has over the situation.

A loud dinging noise signals that the aircraft has completed its ascent and Brother Westhoff wastes little time in firing up his computer. He has told his followers many times that every spare moment is an opportunity. The opportunities on today’s flight will become checked emails. Many will be desperate pleas sent from those down on their luck to every church in a fifty mile radius or spam and will end up deleted. Others will be deal with general upkeep of the church and can be forwarded to Sister Malory. On some occasions there are some that Brother Westhoff will handle himself, but today, there are none. There was one email, however, that did catch his eye.

*************************************************​

Brothers Jacobs and Westhoff are re-packing their carry-on bag as the plane rolls slowly toward the terminal. They are among the first to leave the aircraft and soon find themselves in a taxi destined for their hotel. Brother Jacobs could barely hide his excitement for the upcoming meeting with their tag team partners for Meltdown, Steven Holmes and Drake Callahan. Brother Westhoff, on the other hand, would be just as happy if the meeting never occurred. He set it up out of necessity; to prepare for the match, knowing full well that Holmes and Callahan would almost certainly look down upon The New Church. Could they be blamed, though? Drake Callahan was a former WZCW World Champion and Steven Holmes seemed to be the next in line to achieve that goal. The New Church was just a lowly tag team that had only formed a couple months prior.

If there was anything Brother Westhoff disliked as much, if not more than not being in control, it was being overlooked. When he founded Bridge to Salvation Church all those years ago, he didn’t care if he was mocked, made fun of, or straight-up insulted, as long as he wasn’t being ignored. Neither Callahan nor Holmes are known for their kindness toward others, so Brother Westhoff had already begun to prepare himself to leave angry.

The cab pulls up to the hotel. It’s not a five-star like Brother Westhoff prefers, but it will be more than suitable for an overnight stay. As he gets out of the taxi, Brother Westhoff signals for a bellhop to load their luggage onto a cart and meet them inside, slipping him a twenty dollar bill on the way inside. After checking in, they are led to a suite on the second floor. A communal living room connects what would otherwise be two large, high-quality hotel rooms. Somewhere in this same building, Drake Callahan and Steven Holmes have already checked in and may have already made their way into a reserved conference room where the four men will meet concerning their match. Brother Jacobs’ suitcase is still bouncing on his bed when he rushes out of the room to head to meet Callahan and Holmes.

Brother Westhoff pulls out his computer once more, and as it is booting up, he thinks of everything that has happened in the months since he started in WZCW. He’s been in the ring with a man considered a legend in the company, Titus, multiple times. He helped end a man’s career and was accused of aiding in trying to end another. Now, he finds himself in almost the exact same place as he did his first week in the company: an eight-man tag with the tag team champions and Titus in the opposite corner. This time, however, instead of another newcomer as their partner, it’s the WZCW World Champion Showtime Cougar. Ever since Brother Westhoff believed he had found The Almighty, he has fallen in the ring. He knows that he cannot let another opportunity pass.

With his computer started up, Brother Westhoff pulls up the email that caught his eye on the plane. It was sent to him many months ago by one of his first followers. The email contains a video of one of Brother Westhoff’s earliest sermons, in which he spoke about the ideas of control and predestination. Remembering this sermon well, he starts the video near the end, wanting to hear this specific section.

Brothers and sisters in The Almighty, I know many of you struggle with the idea of The Almighty being all-knowing, but we as humans still having control over our lives. The fact is this: The Almighty trusts us enough to allow us to have free will. The Almighty knows what will happen if we turn left or if we turn right. That is why we have that much more control over our lives than the non-believers do. We know that no matter what we do, The Almighty is there with us. So I ask you, brothers and sisters, what greater control is there than the control over The Almighty’s aid?

Brother Westhoff shuts the video off, and closes the lid of his laptop with a smile across his face. Even the most faithful can find themselves in need of a reminder of how great The Almighty is, and Brother Westhoff is no exception. Drake Callahan may have a powerful lawyer and Steven Holmes may have an army of servants at their disposal, but Brothers Jacobs and Westhoff have The Almighty and there is no greater control than that.

*Black*

Krypto: Tis the season to be jolly, falalalala lalalala!

Krypto is full of holiday cheer as he skips down the hallways of Saboteur/Saxton Tower. His mentors are planning a delicious Thanksgiving Feast, and he is lucky enough to be invited. Of course, Krypto is likely the least notable guest at tonight’s dinner as he’ll be surrounded by the tag team champs, number one contender and WZCW legend, Titus, and the WZCW Heavyweight Champion himself, Showtime. Krypto doesn’t mind that he’s the least famous guest at tonight’s dinner; he’s simply excited that he’ll get to spend the evening with the best WZCW has to offer.

Krypto: Deck the halls with bounghs of holly, falalalala lalalaOOF!

Saboteur opens a doorway right as Krypto is skipping down the hall, causing the alien to slam right into the wood.

Saboteur: That song is for the wrong holiday dummy! This is Thanksgiving, not Christmas!

Krypto stumbles towards Saboteur, a bit concussed from his collision.

Krypto: Sorry master, I am just so excited to officially meat Titus and Showtime that I can’t help but sing!

Saboteur: Well stop, your voice is like dental work on a chalkboard. You’d probably scare off our guests with that screeching. Oh, and stop calling me master!

Krypto: I am sorry master. Is there anything I can do to help prepare for our guests’ arrival?

Saboteur: Yes, there is actually. First, you can stop calling me master. Second, you can wear this.

Saboteur pulls a turkey costume out from behind the door and extends it towards Krypto.

Krypto: I’m not sure I understand…

Saboteur: It’s the Cluckity Clucker costume. You’re going to get dressed like a turkey to celebrate the Thanksgiving season!

Krypto: Cluckity Clucker?

Saboteur: Yeah, like what a turkey says, you know?

Krypto: If I remember correctly, my studies with the human scientist Mr. Spin ‘n’ Say reveals that a turkey says, “gobble gobble.” A chicken says, “cluck cluck.”

Saboteur: I think I know what a turkey says, I’ve eaten like a zillion of them. Now put the damn thing on!

Krypto slips into the Cluckity Clucker costume. It’s slightly too large, but he could pull of a convincible turkey.

Saboteur: And now what does a turkey say?

Krypto: Cluck cluck! Cluck cluck! Cluck cluck!

Krypto starts chicken walking around the hallway, cluck clucking the whole time. It’s around this time that Action Saxton rounds the corner, and Krypto decides to welcome his mentor with a rousing performance of turkey walking.

Krypto: Hello Saxton! Cluck cluck!

Saxton doesn’t hesitate for a second and hits Krypto with a Black Lightning kick, knocking the green man out cold. Saboteur runs over to resolve the situation.

Saboteur: Saxton! That was Krypto!

Saxton: Dammit Saboteur, you know I’ve had latent acute ornithophobia ever since I had to beat the entire Toronto Blue Jays in a bar room rumble!

Saboteur: Now that’s exactly the type of story you shouldn’t tell at dinner tonight! Showtime probably won’t like hearing about how you beat his fellow countrymen to a pulp!

Saxton: Then again, who hasn’t beaten the Toronto Blue Jays?

Saboteur: True as that may be, we need to be walking on eggshells with our guests. No talking about how crappy a place Canada is with Showtime, and don’t talk to Titus about how much money your movies gross! You know he gets jealous about how your movies make so much more money than his!

Saxton: Well I do have a loyal following in the film community.

Saboteur: You do?

Saxton: Yeah, every single black person in America. Why do you think Tyler Perry is a multi-milionaire? It ain’t because white people can’t get enough of Madea!

Krypto has finally stood up, but he is on wobbly legs.

Krypto: I don’t feel so good…

Saboteur: Shut up. The only words I want to hear out of you for the rest of the evening are cluck cluck.

Krypto: But I have so many questions to ask Titus and Showtime!

Saxton: Trust me dude, they don’t want to hear it.

**DING**

The elevator doors open slowly to reveal Showtime and Titus. The two exit the elevator, but continue the conversation they had in the elevator.

Titus: I don’t see why you had to have your limo park horizontally across four spots! I couldn’t find parking for three blocks!

Showtime: Titus, I’m sure you know what it’s like to be hounded by hoards of fans and paparazzi everywhere you go! Not only am I an award winning talk show host, but I’m also WZCW Heavyweight Champion! I need quick access to my getaway car, and that was the only place to park.

Saboteur: Hello friends and allies! Welcome to Saboteur Tower…

Saxton: Saxton Tower…

Saboteur: for the best Thanksgiving dinner you will ever have!

Titus: Thank you Saboteur, Saxton. I brought a Keystone City classic for desert: Keystone Berry pie.

Saboteur: What’s a Keystone Berry?

Titus: It’s a giant pumpkin. It tastes just like a regular pumpkin, except it’s bigger!

Saxton: So… it’s just a regular pumpkin pie?

Titus: Yes, but it’s made out of giant pumpkins!

Saboteur: Well, I’m sold on it. Showtime, did you bring anything?

Showtime: Besides my award winning smile and the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship belt?

Showtime flashes his beaming smile as well as his gold belt.

Showtime: No, I didn’t. You see, we celebrated our Thanksgiving back in October. Guess we Canadians beat you Americans to Socialized Healthcare and Thanksgiving!

Saxton: Yeah, but we keep on whoopin’ your asses in baseball.

Saxton and Showtime exchange a suspicious look, but their gaze is broken as Titus walks between the two.

Titus: So, when are we going to chow down? I’ve built up quite an appetite this week preparing for my upcoming title match.

Saboteur: Actually, this is the first time Garrett has ever cooked Thanksgiving dinner, so we have about an hour or so to kill. But if you follow us this way to the lounge we have a lovely cheese and cracker spread and some wine!

Showtime: Wow, look at you Saboteur. I was sure we’d be dining on sugary cereal and store brand soda, but cheese and crackers? Looks like you picked up a thing or two from that fancy dinner party last week.

Saxton: Right this way, brothas.

Saxton leads the group down the hall to the lounge. Krypto is there too.

Showtime immediately makes his way over to the wine rack and picks out a 2003 Californian Merlot, a very good year for California reds.

Saboteur: Ah, I see you went with a 2003 California Merlot. Excellent choice!

Showtime: Hmm I suppose it will do, but it surely won’t meet the high quality set by Canadian Merlot.

Titus: They make wine in Canada?

Showtime: They make a lot more than you know in Canada, Mr. Titus. Fine wine, high-end breast implants… world champions.

Saboteur flips through a pocket guide to polite dinner conversation.

Saboteur: Hey I know, let’s talk about… let’s see… oh here we are: polo. Does anyone know what polo is?

Saxton: I’m pretty sure it’s either those collared shirts frat boys wear or the disease that killed FDR.

Showtime: Polio?

Saxton: Actually, Po’ Leo won the lottery. He’s rich Leo now!

Titus: Showtime, you may be riding high now, but we all know the odds are against you at Unscripted.

Showtime: Titus! Are you trying to play head games with me? I understand why you’re resorting to such tactics at what should be a friendly dinner. Tell me, do you feel inadequate being the only one here without championship gold around your waist?

Krypto: If it makes you feel better Mr. Titus, I don’t have a title belt either.

Titus: It doesn’t. You know, Showtime, I put Chris K.O in his place last week, I’ll be happy to do the same to you at Unscripted.

Titus and Showtime share an aggressively awkward grin with one another, neither man wanting to break eye contact with another. Saboteur decides to break the tension.

Saboteur: Come on now fellas, we’re going to need to get along together if we’re going to win on Meltdown!

Saxton: Psht, should be no problem for us. Me and Saboteur already beat Holmes and Callahan as well as New Church. As far as I’m concerned, we gonna be facing Thanksgiving leftovers.

Showtime: Criminally underestimating your opponents… I expected better from you Saxton. I guess you’re not doing those tag titles as much justice as I did.

Saxton: Aw hell naw! I know you did not just diss our title reign!

Titus: Look at both of you bickering. Shameful is what it is. You know, this reminds me of one of my movies where I play…

Saxton: Aw shut it Titus, you’re standing next to a real movie star here. Ain’t nobody wants to hear about whatever B-Movie crap you was in.

Titus: B-Movie?! I’ll have you know I’ve won four Academy Awards for my work!

Saxton: Oh yeah? Well I’ve won twelve Blackademy Awards for my work!

Showtime: Like anybody cares about your acting careers, I’m WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!

The three men start hurling insults at each other, bickering about their accomplishments and insecurities. Krypto becomes confused and starts shouting gibberish in an attempt to fit in. This leaves Saboteur to attempt to calm the scene. He flips through the pages of his handbook feverously, but he can’t seem to find the chapter on handling a dinnertime disaster. He finally gives up and tosses the book away and decides to improvise.

Saboteur: ENOUGH!

The four wrestlers immediately cease their bickering and turn to Saboteur. Their eyes are filled with anger and they seem to be saying, “This better be good.”

Showtime: This better be good…

Saboteur: Look, I’m usually not one to make peace… heck, I’m more used to disturbing it… but I’ve had just about enough of this! This Saturday the four of us will be teaming up to take on Callahan, Holmes, and New Church. Callahan is a former World Champion that has only seemed to get even angrier and more violent since he dropped the belt. Holmes is possibly the most vicious man in the company and will be looking to hurt all of us for revenge, strategy, or simply for pleasure. And New Church is a team of lying cheats that will stop at nothing to have their hands raised at the end of the match. If we don’t work together, we will lose together, and none of us can afford to take a devastating loss this close to Unscripted!

Saxton: I feel you Saboteur, but how are we supposed to get along? We’re a mess!

Titus: After this evening, I don’t see how I can trust any of you guys.

Showtime: And I don’t see any way I possibly could trust any of you guys.

Saboteur shakes his head and starts to laugh.

Saboteur: You know, this reminds me a lot of the original Thanksgiving… so much so that I’m going to retell it! To make the story more fun for our fans at home, I’m going to cut away to animation, but I encourage you to occasionally interrupt to keep things somewhat informal and remind fans that what’s happening here is the main story.

Showtime whispers to Saxton.

Showtime: What the hell is he talking about?

Saxton: I never really know…

Saboteur: It all started in 1492, when the Pilgrims set sail to a new world on their boat, The SS Drug Mule, which they got for cheap when they bought it at a police auction.

The screen dissolves to a cartoon world where an old wooden ship makes landfall on a beach. Two cartoon figures that look an awful lot like Saboteur and Showtime hobble off the ship and walk to shore.

Saboteur: The captains of the Pilgrim Fleet were named Samuel and Tim. They were the first two to step foot onto the continent we now know as America. You know, besides the natives that had lived there for thousands of years and what not.

Samuelteur: Ahhh it’s finally good to be on dry land again after that treacherous journey full of giant sea serpents with laser beams on their heads, isn’t it Tim?

Show Tim: Indeed it is, Samuel. Finally we have reached the land that the good lord foretold: one filled with double bacon cheeseburgers for every meal and a Starbucks on every corner!

Samuelteur: In the name of the Pilgrims, I declare this land AMERICA!

Showtime: I’m pretty sure that’s not how it happened…

Saboteur: I’m pretty sure I’m the one who’s telling the story. Now zip it.

As Samuel and Tim stand on the shore two Native Americans walk towards them from the dense forest. One is Action Saxton in a headdress and hide vest, the other is Titus in a loincloth.

Action Squanto: Hao suckas. What brings you fools to this land?

Samuelteur: Hello Mr. Indian! My name is Samuel, and this is my friend Tim. We come from a faraway land called England!

Show Tim: Nuh-uh! I come from Canada!

Samuelteur: Canada doesn’t exist yet, stupid.

Show Tim: Fine, then let’s say I come from Canadashire, England.

Samuelteur: Yeah fine, whatever. Anyways, we came from England where we owed our bookie a lot of money after making a few poor bets on a polo game. Or is it a polio game? Either way, we were in trouble so we gathered a whole bunch of people and decided to come here and start a new life!

Indian Titus: Well wel…

Titus: Seriously? That’s the best name you could come up with for my character? Indian Titus?

Indian Titus: come to our country! Actually it is not our country, because we have no sense of ownership, but we happen to live here and are happy to share this land with you!

Samuelteur: Glad to hear it. You see that big patch of clear land over there? That’s ours now. As well as all these trees. And this coast line. And your hat.

Samuel trades his pilgrim hat with Squanto’s headdress.

Samuelteur: Sweet, now I look even more badass.

Action Squanto: I’m not sure I like this “ownership” thing…

Saboteur: And so the Pilgrims began to build their colony in America. They built many houses with lumber and began planting crops from England… but they wouldn’t grow. They did not count on the American weather being so harsh and the soil being so rejecting, like that pretty girl that wouldn’t go to prom with Saxton.

Saxton: Sucka, the only reason she said no was because I was way too much man for her to handle. For the record, I took the entire Lady Globetrotters team to Prom.

Tim and Samuel are standing in a nearly empty room. Tim has a piece of parchment and a feather pen, and Samuel is standing there shivering.

Show Tim: The days are getting colder and shorter, which means winter will be arriving shortly. I think it’s about time we take stock of all the food we have so we can prepare ourselves for the winter.

Samuelteur: Let’s see… we have 2 chickens, a few rotten fish, and a bushel of hay.

Show Tim: Excellent. By my calculations that’s enough food to last us for… two weeks ago.

Samuelteur: So basically… we’re going to die?

Show Tim: Afraid so my friend.

Samuelteur: Darn, I guess there really aren’t as many double bacon cheeseburgers as the tales promised us.

**Knock knock knock**

Show Tim: I wonder who that could be.

Samuel opens the door and allows his visitors, Squanto and the other Indian to come in. While Samuel and Tim are still wearing their pilgrim garb, Squanto and the other Indian are decked out in fur robes.

Action Squanto: Hao suckas, we just came to check up on our neighbors and see how you’re preparing for the winter. You have enough food to make it through?

Show Tim: Actually, no. By my calculations, we’re likely to die out within days.

Indian Titus: Well that sucks. Maybe there’s a way we can help you survive… but I can’t think of how.

Samuelteur: If only there was a way we could work together to achieve a common goal…

The four men stand in silence for a moment, deep in thought.

Action Squanto: I’ve got it! What if we all work together to achieve a common goal?

Show Tim: Brilliant!

Indian Titus: Great idea!

Samuelteur: I wish I thought of that myself!

The four men shake hands and congratulate each other on coming up with such a great plan.

Saboteur: It was at this point the Native Americans decided to show the Pilgrims the secrets of their ways.

The four men stand over a dead buffalo. Squanto and Indian Titus seem quite comfortable while Samuel and Tim are a bit disturbed.

Show Tim: So you want me to cut the thing open and bring all of its parts back to the settlement?

Action Squanto: That’s right, the whole thing.

Show Tim: What about the stomach?

Indian Titus: It’s delicious with a little paprika and ketchup!

Samuelteur: The bones?

Indian Titus: You can fashion them into eating utensils, like sporks!

Show Tim: Even the tongue?

Indian Titus: It’s extremely nutritious, as well as an aphrodisiac!

Samuelteur: Oh really?

Samuelteur reaches into the buffalo’s mouth and slices off a piece of the tongue and puts it in his pocket.

Samuelteur: I’ve got a hot date coming up.

The other three men nod and cut a piece of buffalo tongue off for themselves.

The scene flips to the four men standing next to a small corn field.

Indian Titus: We call this stuff maize. You wanna know why? Because it’s a-MAIZE-ing! Gettit?!

Squanto rolls his eyes and peels back a pod to pick a piece of corn.

Indian Titus: Seriously though, this stuff is solid. You can boil it and eat it right off the cob, mash it up and make it into bread, or melt it down into a syrup that can be used to clog your arteries!

Samuelteur: It’s sorta… phallic looking.

Action Squanto: Phallic?

Samuelteur: You know, it kind of looks like a…

The scene flips to the four men standing a few yards away from a turkey.

Samuelteur: Cock! That is one gigantic rooster! What do you feed that thing, steroids?

Action Squanto: Sucka, that’s a jive turkey, the most biggest and deliciousest bird in the country.

Show Tim: So how do we catch it?

Indian Titus: We shoot it with this bow and arrow!

Indian Titus pulls out a rickety bow and arrow. He draws the arrow back, but the bow snaps. The turkey turns its head to find the source of the sound and flies off in the awkward way that turkeys fly.

Indian Titus: Great! Now we’re going to have to follow him until he lands, at which point we’ll have to surround him and try to tackle him!

Samuelteur: Or…

Samuel pulls out an automatic assault rifle and starts firing a barrage of bullets into the sky. The turkey, as well as a few dozen other birds immediately fall to the ground.

Saboteur: With the new techniques the Native Americans shared with the Pilgrims, the two groups were able to stock up enough food and supplies to help the Pilgrims make it through their first winter. They decided to have a giant feast to celebrate their success and new friendship.

The entire Pilgrim colony, as well as dozens of Native Americans, gathers around large tables that are covered in food, drink, and buffalo tongue. They are all full of November cheer, singing songs, drinking wine, and exchanging hardy laughs with one another. The four heroes of Thanksgiving stand in a circle with their wine goblets touching.

Samuelteur: To our new friends whom helped us survive in the new world!

Indian Titus: To the Pilgrims coming to America and making it on their own!

Show Tim: To the bountiful feast we will be gorging ourselves on tonight!

Action Squanto: To the white women I’ll be taking back to my wigwam tonight!

Group: Cheers!

The heroes toast to their success and drink the wine. They walk towards the rest of the revelers arm in arm.

Saboteur: And so the Pilgrims and the Native Americans celebrated their success and they all lived happily ever after… until the Pilgrims gave the Natives small pox and took their entire country. The end!

Saxton, Showtime, and Titus look generally baffled by the story they just heard. Krypto is on his feet, rapidly applauding Saboteur.

Krypto: Bravo! Bravo!

Titus: Well that certainly was… something.

Saxton: Look fellas, crazy retelling of the Thanksgiving story aside, Saboteur does have a point. We all got to work together like the Pilgrims and Indians if we want to win our match this Saturday on Meltdown!

Showtime: You’re right. The WZCW fans look to us to be the leaders of all that is rigaht, and we’re going to be going head to head with all that is wrong. If we don’t work together, the bad guys win, and we let down WZCW fans all over the world.

Titus picks up his wine glass and begins a toast.

Titus: To teamwork!

Showtime: To perseverance!

Saxton: To kickin’ some suckas’ asses!

Saboteur: To victory!

Krypto: To me! Krypto!

Saboteur kicks Krypto in the butt, causing the little guy to spill his wine all over the floor.

Group minus Krypto: Cheers!

The four drink and shake hands. Saboteur starts to sniff the air.

Saboteur: If I’m not mistaken, I think I smell turkey on the table. Come on everyone, to the dining room!

Saboteur bolts out the door, anxious to get a drumstick. Krypto follows suit. The other three gentlemen make their way out the door at a more leisurely place.

Showtime: Glad we could get this sorted out chums! Say, how would you fellas feel about appearing on The Show this week for an interview about our upcoming match?

Titus: Sounds delightful! It’s been a while since I’ve been on television for anything besides wrestling… do I get my own trailer?

The three men join Saboteur and Krypto in the dining room with a feast fit for a king. The wrestlers dine all night and exchange stories of their toughest battles and greatest moments. Saxton shares a few of his workout techniques, Titus talks about what it was like to work with George Clooney, and Krypto talked about the ins and outs of intergalactic space travel while the superstars took a nice post-meal nap. After a few hours of eating and talking and engaging in the holiday spirit, it was time to say goodbye. Saxton saw the guests off to the front door as Saboteur carried a sleepy Krypto to his racecar bed and the scene fades to black.

Signal Panic, Inc. presents
Action Saxton & Saboteur [size=-2]& Krypto[/size]
in
"The Curious Case Of The Veracious Videotape!"

The moon rises over the dusty streets of Timbuktu, throwing the hotel Le Bouctou into sharp relief. At this time of night, the streets are deserted, with only a few stragglers wandering around, wondering where it all went wrong. Deserted, that is, except for three shadowy figures crouched behind a bush, one tall, one medium, one short.

After a few moments, the medium one speaks up.

"How long have we been sitting here?"

"Two hours, sucka," the larger man replies. "but if my finely-tuned and always correct detective skills are correct, our man should be arriving right about now."

At his word, a man on a motorcycle wearing a brown and gold jacket speeds up to the hotel. He parks in front of the doorway, puts the kickstand down, ties the bike to a nearby camel for safekeeping, and goes inside.

"So that's who we're after?" Saboteur asks.

"That's the sucka," Action Saxton confirms.

"Excuse me," Krypto pipes up, "I'm afraid you never informed me as to why we are hiding behind a bush in Mali."

"That's because you didn't need to know!" snaps Action Saxton. "You'll probably use your goofy alien mind control technology on this sucka we're pursuing and mess everything up."

"I left my all of my mental directive devices on my home planet, Mr. Saxton."

"Well why the hell didn't you say so?" Action Saxton points at Saboteur. "Tell him, Saboteur."

Saboteur adjusts his spandex and groans. "Do I have to?"

"Sucka, I just saved us from an alien invasion. It's the least you could do."

"I guess." Saboteur shrugs. "Okay, Krypto, when we were back at Saboteur Tower-"

"Saxton Tower."

"-we received a clue that some guy would be transporting a package containing a videotape that contains the footage as to who really attacked Mikey Stormrage."

"That's right, sucka, and I heard that those suckas in the New Church want that videotape for themselves. Now why the hell do you think that would be?"

"They are honorable and just and want to see who the culprits are just as badly as you two do?"

"Wrong! Clearly they want the tape to destroy it, because if I didn't attack Mikey and Saxton didn't attack Mikey and James Howard didn't attack mikey, who else would have done it?"

Action Saxton nods. "That's some damn fine detective work, Saboteur."

"But what about their evidence, Mr. Saboteur?"

"The bandana was to frame us."

"You're damn right it was to frame us, sucka," says Saxton, nodding. "You know that I treat my bandanas like red, flat, machine-washable children that fit around my manly forehead. I would never leave one just lying around like some kind of careless jive-turkey. That just ain't right."

"Not right at all. It would be like leaving my katana in the women's restroom at the Crayola factory, which I have never done before. I've never even been to the Crayola factory. Really. I promise."

"And so, Krypto," Saxton finishes, "that is why we're in Timbuktu, to teach those suckas in the New Church that they can't get one up on the Badass Brother and the Airborne Assassin and that goofy alien sucka who follows them around without there being hell to pay."

The three fall silent, staring intently at the hotel door. Saboteur speaks up.

"Did we ever find out why the pickup point for the videotape was in Timbuktu?" he asks.

Saxton folds his arms. "Do I have to explain everything around here? It's simple as bench-pressing the Jackson 5, sucka."

He digs into his pocket and pulls out an afro comb and a lighter.

"Okay, sucka, imagine you have this videotape of my fine and manly self. In fact, imagine it is my latest movie, Action Saxton Battles The Entire Roman Empire In A Game Of Bowling Using Exploding Bowling Balls, which is on sale at major retailers and WZCWShop.com now. Now you have two choices as to where to go to deliver this videotape to my arch-nemesis, Mexican Ninja El Habanero, because you want him to sneakily brush up on my new fighting techniques so he can ambush me. So you can either make the pickup point Delaware-"

He holds the comb up.

"-or Timbuktu."

He holds up the lighter.

"Now where the hell would you go?"

"I would think that Delaware would be an easier place for humans to blend into a crowd, with many public access areas that could offer shelter for shady interactions-"

"Timbuktu is a funny word."

"Exactly!" exclaims Saxton, pointing at Saboteur. "Timbuktu is a funny-as-hell word and everyone would want to do their shady business at a place with a funny name. So that is why we are here in Timbuktu waiting for this sucka to get the package so we can kick his ass and take the videotape for ourselves."

Satisfied, Saboteur turns back to the hotel. "He sure is taking a long time."

"Mr. Saxton and Mr. Saboteur," Krypto pipes up. "The gentleman you are pursuing left with the package five minutes ago."

Indeed, the motorcycle the man rode in on had been unhitched from the convenient camel and according to the large dust cloud in the distance, was quite a ways down the road.

"Damn!" Action Saxton swore. "Why the hell didn't you tell us?"

Krypto shrugs. "I was listening to the story."

Action Saxton grits his teeth and glares at Krypto. His hands start to curl into fists and uncurl again and again. Saboteur stands up and moves in between the two.

"Don't worry," he says. "The guy may be impossible for us to track now, but luckily I have one of the world's greatest trackers on speed dial!"

He brings a fist up to the ear-area of his mask and extends the thumb and pinky. He presses a few spots on the back of his hand and makes a few beeping noises. He holds it to his ear for a few seconds, before frowning and holding it in front of his head. He tries again, to the same result. He drops his hands to his sides.

"No reception," he says, sighing. "I knew I should have switched to Sprint."

"Do you know where this sucka is?" asks Saxton.

Saboteur nods. "We go way back. I once ran into him in the woods. Trust me, there's no better tracker than him."

"And you're sure it's worth venturing to wherever the hell he is in order to foil the New Church's plans?"

"Trust me. There's no one I'd rather have on our side than him."

----

"Tell me if I understand your plight," the tracker says, his voice slow and deep, his tongue embracing every word as it falls from his mouth, "you lost the man you were pursuing because you were discussing the benefits of Timbuktu with your extraterrestrial friend."

"That's right, Kravinoff," Saboteur says. "You said to come to you for guidance."

Hunter Kravinoff reclines against a tree and shines a coconut on his knee.

"I still do not understand you, Saboteur," he says, "or why you insist on your facade and the company you keep, but I am not one to turn away a man of my blood. I will help you find your man."

Action Saxton and Saboteur high-five in slow motion as Kravinoff looks on. Krypto tries to join in the high-five but is far too short. Kravinoff reaches behind a nearby rock and withdraws a large camouflage fanny pack. He walks to a flat rock and empties it out.

"What the hell is this, sucka?" asks Saxton, examining the lethal-looking implements scattered on the stone.

"This, my dark-skinned friend, is my tracking kit," replies Kravinoff. "Combining these sophisticated tools with my keen senses borne of being bred a wild man will certainly lead us to the man with the package."

Saboteur picks up a long, thin, white object. "What's this swizzly-stick-looking-thing?"

"The latest in wild-man technology, Saboteur," Kravinoff replies, "fashioned from the bones of a tiger found in the deepest and darkest depths of the Ugandan wilderness. It is used in conjunction with my natural instincts to track with the best of them."

"And this?" He holds up something that looks like a wooden donut.

"The absolute latest in technology of the wild-man, Saboteur," Kravinoff says, "created using the bark of a tree found in the deepest and darkest depths of the Ugandan wilderness. It is used in conjunction with my natural instincts to track like a professional."

"And these tube things?" asks Saxton, holding up two connected plastic metal tubes with glass in either end.

"Binoculars," Kravinoff says, taking them from him and repacking his tracking pack.

Saxton nods. "I see. I have never had to use binoculars, as my vision is as clear as the opposite of that sucka Alhazred's face."

Kravinoff hands Action Saxton the tracking pack. It is incredibly heavy, though not too heavy for Action Saxton, despite the fact that his feet have sunk several inches into the earth as a response to the sudden additional wait.

"On my home planet," Krypto pipes up, "I received Omega Trioculars for the traditional holiday of Slartibartfast."

"Well happy Slantybartiwhatever, sucka," says Saxton, dropping the tracking pack on Krypto's head. "You can carry this for us."

"Are you ready to help us track, Kravinoff?"

Hunter Kravinoff closes his eyes and inhales deeply, before exhaling through his mouth. He bends closely towards the ground, sniffs it, and reaches a finger down to taste the earth.

"Indeed I am, Saboteur," he says. "If you would hand me the swizzle-stick, we may proceed."

----

"It is just as I expected! He has made his way to Delaware!"

Once again our heroes find themselves sitting in a bush outside of a building, though now they are in the United States of America outside of a local burger shop in Delaware. They also find themselves in a much more cramped position than previous, as not only are the bushes much smaller, but they are joined by the Ugandan Wildman himself. Luckily, Kravinoff is an expert hunter and has trained himself to be as small as possible.

"If my natural instincts are correct, and as a proud man of the jungle they have never been incorrect, the man you are trailing should be arriving in the area shortly," Kravinoff says.

Action Saxton snatches the binoculars hanging around Krypto's neck and holds them up to his eyes. Oblivious to the alien's kicking feet, he looks around.

"Man, no wonder I never use these things," Saxton says. "You can't see nothin' with them!"

"You're using them wrong!" says Saboteur, snatching the binoculars and tugging Krypto the other way. "I took Advanced Binocularity in community college, so I should be the one using them."

He holds the binoculars to his mask and peers through the lenses. He turns to the left, and then to the right, as Krypto makes several undignified squeaking noises.

"Aw, you're right! Can't see anything!"

"Well give me them back, sucka, because I sure found something I want to look at!"

Action Saxton yanks the binoculars away from his tag team partner, causing Krypto to jerk upwards, hands flailing. The Badass Brother swivels around to stare at the voluptuous beauty that just walked past their hiding spot.

"Damn," breathes Saxton. "If I knew that Delaware was hiding some fine-ass honies with a fine ass like that fine-ass honey right there, I'd have come to this place earlier."

"Let me see!" exclaims Saboteur, leaning over Kravinoff and trying to pull the binoculars away. He tugs the strap, which is rotating around and around. Krypto kicks the both of them to no avail as the two tag team partners squabble over the binoculars.

"Enough!" barks Kravinoff, holding his hands out to separate the tag team champions and taking the binoculars for himself. There is a gurgle and heavy breathing from below as the strap untangles itself from Krypto's windpipe. "Look!"

The wildman points towards a figure walking down the path, a figure dressed in yellow and brown and holding a box. The four all look at each other.

"That is your man, correct?"

"You're damn right, sucka," Saxton replies. "And he seems to be going for a bite to eat, which to me means that it's time for us to take a bite out of crime and kick his ass while he is distracted."

"Wait!" Saboteur interrupts. "While I would normally be okay with this, I think subtlety is the best option in this case. He have to think of a way to get inside that place and grab the box from the pimple-faced package presenter."

Action Saxton ponders. "Yeah, sucka, you might have a point there. I don't want us to be charged with assault before we get the chance to lay the smackdown on those suckas in the New Church, not to mention those goofy-ass crazy-ass jive-ass dumbass candy-asses Holmes and Callahan. Mugshots ruin my delicious chocolate complexion."

"If I may offer one more piece of advice," Kravinoff interjects, "in the wild I would often find myself dressing in the pelts of animals to fool my prey into believing I was in fact that animal."

"Sucka, we know all about disguises," Saxton interrupts. "You're thinking it's time for one of 'em?"

"I believe so."

"Yes!" Saboteur exclaims, pulling a roll of clothes from a pocket in his spandex. "I knew lugging around these Burger Hut employee uniforms that I didn't at all steal from a Burger Hut in New Jersey would come in handy one day!"

"Sucka, you may be the most stupidly prepared partner I have ever had the pleasure of working with."

"Oh, stop," Saboteur says, blushing and waving a hand.

"I would suggest you two hurry up," says Kravinoff, "or your prey will escape. Quick to strike, quick to escape. That is the way of the hunter."

Saxton, Saboteur, and Krypto all nod in agreement and begin to change.

----

Inside the Burger Hut, Action Saxton and Saboteur take their places behind the cash registers, ringing up the orders of hungry customers in line. Every so often they shoot each other withering glances at the tedium of it all. Their quarry is fourth in line, but it feels like he is miles and miles away.

Behind them, Krypto is scurrying around, preparing food for the orders and bringing them to the front counter. The manager didn't give any of the a second glance when they came through the back and took over for the two lanky high schoolers who were on the register previously, and they didn't want to raise any suspicion before getting a chance to intercept the package.

After an eternity, the guy walks up to Saboteur. His helmet is off, and he runs a hand through his scruffy black hair as he looks at the menu.

"Welcome to Burger Hut," says Saboteur, "the home of the Triple Bacon Chicken Mushroom Bleusplosion Chipotle Burger - Heart Attack Or Your Money Back!™ What'll it be?"

"Uhh," the courier says, "I'll take one of those, I guess, and, uh, like five orders of fries, and, uh, one of those ice cream thingies, and some onion rings, yeah, and some, uh, some more fries, and chicken nuggets with honey mustard, and, uh, a Diet Coke."

"Gee, guy, that sure sounds like a lot of money. Do you have that much money? I don't think you do, so I'll give you a great deal. Don't tell anyone, though."

Saboteur leans forward, conspiratorally. The courier stares at him blankly.

"Okay, kid, you give me that package, and all this food is free. Got that? Sounds like a real deal, right?"

"Yeah, dude, uh, I can't really...do that," says the courier. "I'm gonna order from, uh, this guy, with the sweet 'fro."

Saboteur facepalms as the courier sidles over to Action Saxton's register.

"So, sucka, what the hell can I get for you?" asks Action Saxton to the package in the courier's hand.

"Uh, I'd like one of those burgers that the masked dude was all about," says the courier, "and, uh, a fish sandwich, and like five orders of fries, and uh..."

"Yeah, sucka, I remember, I just rang you up," says Saxton. "Now, that sure is a whole lotta food there, so I think you gonna need some help carrying it back to your table, right?"

"Uh, I guess."

"Of course I'm right, sucka, now why don't you give me that package you got and that way you can carry your food and you won't need no help."

The courier sighs. "Nah, dude, I'll be fine. I can't really let this thing go. Bad vibes, dude, and bad luck."

Action Saxton turns to Saboteur, panic in his eyes. Saboteur shrugs and gestures wildly.

"So, uh, can I get my food?" asks the courier.

"Coming right up, sir!" says Krypto from under the counter, holding a tray piled high with food. Suddenly, his foot strikes the binoculars he is still wearing. "Oh no!"

Oh no is right. As Krypto trips over his binoculars, the food goes flying into the air, over the counter, and showers all over the courier.

"Oh, dude!" the man cries, throwing the package in the air. "Eyes! Fries! Eye-fries! Fry-eyes! Food! Hot! Dude!"

Saboteur stretches out as the package goes plummeting to the ground and manages to snatch it out of midair as the courier rolls around on the ground, shrieking about the pain of french fries. The three look at each other and in the commotion sneak out of the back of the Burger Hut.

----

"Hell yeah, suckas!" exclaims Saxton. "We did it!"

"That we did, Saxton, that we did," says Saboteur, waving the package around. "And the little guy didn't mess everything up too badly this time!"

"I tripped over the binoculars," says Krypto, happily.

"Excellent work, you two," Kravinoff says. "What do you plan on doing with the videotape?"

"Well, we got an appointment on The Show later," says Saxton. "And what a better place to show off our evidence than on national TV?"

"Yeah! That'll teach those goofs in the New Church to frame us!"

"You seem to no longer need my help," Kravinoff says. "It is now that I must take my leave. Remember what you learned today: moss always grows to the north."

And just like that, the Ugandan Wildman was gone. Saboteur scratches his mask.

"That doesn't sound like much of a moral."

"I don't think I understand that sucka."

"And I doubt I will ever truly understand you two."

The three look around for the source of Kravinoff's voice, but are met with nothing but the Delaware scenery. Shrugging, they set off to catch a ride. After all, they have a Show to get to.​

A large hotel in New York City loomed over Drake Callahan as he made his way toward the entrance of the building. His face was blank, but inside, his anger seethed at his recent streak of frustrations. From losing the world title, to losing to the tag team champions, to being confronted in the street by strangers who tell him what to do, all the way to Stacey, who he still couldn't get off his mind. In the shadowy recesses of his mind lurked continued thoughts of Kate and his old life. Wanting it, hating it, regretting it.

He wasn't sleeping well. Like that was new.

Inside the hotel, he took the elevator to the floor that Max had told him. The penthouse suite, of course. Max loved keeping up appearances, even though they both knew neither end of this deal had worked out as planned so far. Drake was supposed to be the highest paid superstar in history, and have the world championship around his waist. Now, key losses had cost him the belt and a shot at the mega deal. Everything rode on Unscripted. He knew what that meant. The pay per view could be the breaking point in this deal if things went south. He didn't want to think about what that would mean for everyone involved.

He tried to clear his head as he knocked on Max's door, but it was futile. He hadn't been able to clear his head in weeks. It didn't matter. Much.

Stoya opened the door with an expressionless face. He knew it mirrored his, and he wondered if her thoughts were as tumultuous as his. he couldn't say; he barely knew the woman. He wondered why Max kept her around, frankly. Ostensibly she was to be his handler, but then Max had decided to step in personally. Jason was kept on for legal counsel, sure, but what purpose did Stoya serve here? Another thing to worry about. She let him in without a word and gestured toward a back room. He saw Jason on the couch, watching some news program on the giant plasma television. He'd barely spoken a word to Jason for that matter, but he didn't give him the same trouble that Stoya did. He had a purpose; he had a job, and he did it, as near as Drake could tell. Predictably, it was the woman in the group that disturbed him most.

He opened the back door himself and held it open to see if Stoya would be joining him. She shook her head sharply, and he shrugged and closed the door. Turning, he faced Max Powers. Max gestured to a seat across from a posh desk in the suite's office, and sat down himself.

Max: Drake. It's good to see you. We were somewhat worried when you only checked in by phone previously.

Drake scoffed and gave a wry smile.

Drake: Uh huh. And so you sent your newest pet after me. How many agents have you got out there, Max? How many watching my every step?

Max: Relax, Drake. There's no agents watching your every step. If we're both talking about the same man, however -

Drake: Medium build, Japanese, gives you the creeps?

Max: - Yes. He's someone I brought it to help ensure your victory at Unscripted. He also has a notorious knack for finding people. And I didn't send him after you. He decided to seek you out himself; I told him he was welcome to try. Good to know he was successful, at least.

Drake: So I have a stalker now. That will be of great help at Unscripted.

Max: Our mutual friend is a master of several forms of martial arts, submission wrestling, and mental focus techniques. He's also a former champion in WZCW.

Drake: And this is the part where he enters through the trap door, I suppose? Swinging bookshelf, maybe?

Max: Uh, well - not quite so...dramatic, but...

He gestured to the door behind him, just now opening. Stoya swung it open wide, but standing behind her was the same man from the other night, the current topic of discussion. He gave a small, cold smile to Stoya as he stepped through the doorway, and she shut the door behind him. Without being welcomed to it, he took a seat. He was dressed richly, better than either of the other men, truth be told. He crossed his legs calmly and waited for Max to speak.

Max: Drake. Allow me to introduce Mr. Hiraku Susumu, master of -

Susumu held up a hand.

Hiraku: Thank you, Maxwell, that will be quite enough.

Max: It's Maximil-

Hiraku: Yes of course, Maximilian, my dearest apologies. I only worry that you will unnecessarily flatter me, when we have all come here to do business.

Max visibly ground his teeth, but bit back an insult. Drake was curious as to the power dynamic here. He couldn't really believe Max was going to just take this.

Max: Of course. Let's talk business, then -

Hiraku: And of course, Max, with our business concluded, I think it would be best if Drake and I spoke alone.

Max fumed at being cut off a second time, but swallowed it back again. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, but found no words; instead, he got up and left the room without another word. Hiraku smiled again, his little, cold, emotionless smile, and took the seat behind the desk.

Hiraku: And now. Let us discuss our business, shall we?

Drake: Where do I start? Care to explain how you can get away with talking to Max like that?

Hiraku: Certainly. You work for Max based on a portion of your salary. You're more mutual partners in a business venture than you are client and employer. Maximilian and I have a very different relationship. He has paid me a great sum to be here. A very great sum. As a result, I command a certain amount of respect from him.

Drake: Seems to me it should work the other way. You're an employee, basically.

Hiraku: A contractor, and no. Not when you demand "personal respect at all times" in your contract.

Drake: He is paying you a lot, isn't he?

Hiraku's smile grew a hair wider as he continued.

Hiraku: Yes. But, you may wonder, why am I here?

Drake: I was wondering more why you didn't tell me any of this the last time you saw me. Or how you even found me in the first place.

Hiraku: The latter is, hm, a trade secret, let us say. As to the former, there is a time and a place for all things. This I have learned well.

Drake: Seems to me more like you're just a drama queen.

Hiraku: It can be seen as a certain flair for the dramatic, perhaps. But, nonetheless, it is the truth.

Drake: I'll take your word for it. So what is it that you're here to do, exactly?

Hiraku: Do you recognize my name, perhaps?

Drake: I've heard it around. Some nobody in WZCW who fell off the map, that about right?

Hiraku: Hmm. Well enough. I had my share of success, my vanity forces me to say, but indeed, I "fell off the map", as you put it. Let me explain further, if I may?

He stood up and turned to face the window, looking upon the city.

Hiraku: When I was a wrestler, I believed in something. I believed in it powerfully. I believed in enlightenment through physical pain. I believed that there was a inescapable link between the human soul and the body. I believed that by torturing a body, a soul could be freed.

He clenches his fist.

Hiraku: I was a fool. The body and the soul are only temporary cohabitants. There is no connection. One does not even have full control over one's body. This is why I failed. When I lost the tag team championship, because of my failure to understand this principle, I returned to Japan and meditated. I went without food for weeks, without water for days. A few acolytes from previous lives kept me alive, as I wished, but in my hallucinations I began to see the truth. But I had not reached it yet.

Drake: Does your little story have a point?

Hiraku turned back to face Drake, the same smile still on his face.

Hiraku: Yes. But you are not a patient man. You do not need the...details. Suffice to say that I came to understand, through action and inaction, what must be done to be enlightened. You must strike at the soul itself.
Drake: Don't torture your body, torture your soul? Sure thing.

Hiraku: Not your body. This, too, was important. I realized that it was only by wounding the souls of others that one could cleanse one's own. It is as your Shakespeare said, yes? All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. To become the playwright, you must direct their little dramas to a bitter and tragical end. And in so doing, your own sins are washed clean. Your own soul becomes pure.

Drake: If that's the path to happiness and enlightenment, I ought to be the happiest man alive by now. So tell me, oh wise one, why can't I sleep?

Hiraku: Tell me the worst thing you have ever done to another human soul.

Drake: A woman who loved me, who I loved back. I struck her in anger and fled. Haven't spoken to her since.

Hiraku: And how does she feel about this?

Drake barked a laugh.

Drake: She told me she was sorry. Tell me that isn't fucked up.

Hiraku rounds on him with a look of disapproval.

Hiraku: You do not understand. Your actions are not of the soul. You hurt only her body. She still loves you. Nothing in her soul has been touched. This is the worst thing you have done to another?

Drake: So what? You really believe this? You believe that if I can, what, break her spirit or something I'll feel better?

Hiraku: It is not the only way. But it is the only way for men like us. There are only two paths a man may walk. A path of pure light, and a path of pure dark. To be caught in between is to wander through the brambles of consciousness, always striving for one, resisting the other. But understand this, too - there is no turning back to the path of light, once you have left it. We are far from the road of light, my friend. But I have come to my new road, while you struggle in the forest. If you wish to be at peace...there is only one way.

Drake: I don't buy it. You want me to be some kind of sick psychopath. That's not going to make me happier. That's not going to bring me the WZCW Championship, or a huge contract, which has to be your real goal, if Max hired you.

Hiraku: Max's goal is not my goal. I am here for my own reasons. Look me in the eye, Drake.

Drake obliged him, grudgingly, even though the man was clearly mad.

Hiraku: Think deeply, now. Think of a time when you began to hurt someone in their very soul. When you made them truly afraid. Truly damaged. What did it feel like?

Drake was about to protest, but then he remembered. Remembered Stacey. Remembered holding her, seeing the fear in her eyes, thinking of how much she hated him, how much she feared him. How much power he truly had over her.

And he remembered that he had liked it.

His eyes widened - or at least they must have, since Hiraku's smile turned into a beam and he backed away.

Hiraku: Yes. You see? Who was it, I wonder?

Drake: Stacey Madison...she's -

Hiraku: I know her.

Drake: She...she hates me for what I did to Kate, despises me. I've yelled at her...put my hands on her, too. I can see that she fears me. I can see that she hates me.

Hiraku: And deep down you know that you have wounded her. That she has been changed as a person as a result of your actions, even if she hides it around others. You have hurt her, Drake. And tell me it didn't feel good.

Drake: This...this is insanity. Madness. This is what serial killers do.

Hiraku: No. This is an acceptance that there is more darkness in the world than light. It is not unnatural to choose to walk in the darkness. Thousands of years of churches, of hypocrites, of liars, pretenders, and fools, have told you what is right and wrong. But we have chosen for ourselves, and we have walked both paths. We know that it is simply a choice, not the right or wrong one. Pain, fear, hatred, and anger are as pure an emotion as any other. There are some men who would say they gain their happiness from bringing love, or joy, or some such. Is the inverse wrong, as well? Why should it be, Drake?

It made sense. Everything in him revolted at it, but it made sense. He couldn't deny it. How at peace had he felt in those moments with Stacey, when he had tasted her fear?

Hiraku: Do you understand now, Drake?

Drake nodded, slowly.

Drake: Yes...I think I do. Part of it, anyway. I always thought a had a hope for redemption...whatever that is.

Hiraku: And you do. Accept only that redemption is not to walk in the light again, but to free yourself from your own darkness by giving it to others. Make yourself the master of darkness, and it cannot harm you.

Drake: Then...then what does this mean? What do we do?

Hiraku: What do you do, you mean? That is for you to decide. But I imagine you already know, if you think hard enough. Our business for today is over. I will be back in time.

Drake let him walk out of the room. He sat there for a few more minutes, thinking. Hiraku was right - he knew.

He opened the door and walked outside. He was the picture of calm, but now he really felt it. The end was so near. Max, Stoya, and Jason all turned to him from the sitting room.

Max: Well? Was he worth my money?

Drake: And then some. I know what must be done.

Max got up laughing and clapped his hand on Drake's shoulder.

Max: Wonderful news! Then you'll be training with him from now on?

Drake: In a way. Max, I need you to arrange to get Stacey into a private location. I'll let you know when and where, just have everything ready to go.

Max: A private interview for your match this week, eh?

Drake: I don't give a damn about my match this week. A pack of clowns, fools, and liars as my opponents and my partners. They don't deserve the honor of my speaking about them. Even if I had the time to focus on them. No, preparations for Unscripted begin now. Take care of Stacey for me.

Max worked his jaw slowly and nodded.

Max: Whatever you say, Drake.

Drake nodded back and turned to the others.

Drake: And Stoya?

Stoya turned to him. Her eyes lit up for half a moment, as they had a tendency to do before she reigned them back in. All business again.

Perhaps, someday, he would see what else lurked behind them.

Stoya: Yes?

Drake: Find me Kate.

Scene opens with Showtime David Cougar sitting on a chair in an empty room, wearing a nice dark suit with the WZCW Title draped over his shoulder. He smiles at the camera and then speaks.

Cougar: Good evening ladies and gentleman. It's your host, WZCW World Heavyweight Champion Showtime David Cougar with a very important message to our viewers. Tonight’s regularly scheduled broadcast of The Show will not be aired tonight as the networks determined the contents of the episode were too shocking, too offensive, and too graphic to be shown to our audience. Those darn butt holes. I can’t even call them what I truly want to call them. My apologies go out to Titus, Saxton, and Saboteur who were very wonderful and entertaining guests on The Show here tonight. The network has recommended that we instead broadcast one of the following programs instead...

[youtube]q00vhekbDW0[/youtube]​

[youtube]rWQpxTfGa1Y[/youtube]​

[youtube]do-NVYx2Nu8[/youtube]​

Scene returns back to Showtime who has a pained and shocked look on his face. He shakes his head and chuckles.

This is the crap they wanted on instead of my show. Has Max Powers taken over the network for the day? My appologies again to all the people out there who didn’t get to see Action Saxton chug back 12 beers at once right before chopping through a flaming cross. No one got to see Saboteur juggling three title belts on one foot while standing on the feet of Krypto doing a head stand. No one got to see Titus. Two time World Heavyweight Champion Titus. That right there is a travesty. So instead, I’m going to take this title belt down to the ring on Meltdown, and I’m going to take out some aggression on two of my Unscripted opponents, Steven Holmes and Drake Callahan. I don’t even need to dissect too deep into this match to tell you all why we’ll be victorious heading into Unscripted. I’m teaming up with the legend Titus and our two partners are the greatest tag team in WZCW history, Saboteur and Action Saxton. In the past two shows they have between The New Church of Latter Day Losers, and Holmes and Callahan. They could probably handle all four of them in this match, but they’ll have the World Heavyweight Champion right there alongside fighting with them, and Titus who is riding a big wave of momentum winning the battle royal last week, so I'm pretty sure we should have this match covered. Look for the champions to come out on top, them boys in The New Church, they don't have a prayer, and neither will Holmes and Callahan.

Now since this is the last week of shows before the four way match at Unscripted, someone will be looking to make a statement. No disrespect to my partner Titus, but that statement is going to be made by Showtime David Cougar, and you can guarantee that at Unscripted the same thing will happen again, Showtime standing tall, still your WZCW World Heavyweight Champion. Thank you everyone, goodnight and sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back