Edge vs Undertaker, TLC @ One Night Stand

Edge vs Undertaker @ Wrestlemania 24

Hardy vs Shawn Michaels, RAW

Mayweather vs Big Show, Wrestlemania 24

Flair vs Michaels, Wrestlemania 24

Angle vs Joe, Cage Match @ Lockdown

Michaels vs Jericho @ Judgement Day

EDIT- Taker / Edge HIAC has been added!

First of all, if anyone picks Flair Vs. Michaels they are out of their mind. However, most of the other choices are great, though I think Triple H vs. John Cena deserves a spot.

Out of the choices given, I'm gonna go with the Edge/Undertaker TLC match. After putting on a superb main event at Wrestlemania, these two returned a couple months later and tore the house down. There were many great aspects of the match, but the best part has to be the finish. Everyone predicted an Undertaker win, especially because of the retirement stipulation. But not only does the Undertaker lose, he takes the biggest bump of the match! Great match.

Triple H / Hardy / Edge @ Armageddon = Very good...but no.

Cena vs Batista @ SummerSlam = I don't see why everyone loved it so much. I thought it was ok, but nothing special.

Edge vs Undertaker, TLC @ One Night Stand = Lots of cool spots, an unexpected ending, but overall, there's a better choice.

Edge vs Undertaker @ Wrestlemania 24 = Bingo. This match had it all. They reversed each others' signature moves. They kicked out of big moments. They had a great build to it. They had the spot with Charles Robinson running down to the ring which was epic lol. And after teasing you left and right about the finish, making you think there's a chance that Edge could actually pull it off, they used the move that Undertaker was getting some cool moments from. This match was fantastic.

Hardy vs Shawn Michaels, RAW = To tell you the truth, I don't remember all that much about it. I remember it was good, but I don't remember any details.

Mayweather vs Big Show, Wrestlemania 24 = No way.

Flair vs Michaels, Wrestlemania 24 = The most emotional match, yes, but certainly not the best.

Angle vs Joe, Cage Match @ Lockdown = Nah.

Michaels vs Jericho @ Judgement Day = Great match, but I think Edge/Taker is just better.

Ummmm...

WHERE IS THE EDGE v. UT HELL IN A CELL????!!!!!

I'm throwing an absolute fit right now. Clearly, the best Hell in a Cell match ever is not better than a cage match with an out of his prime ex-WWEer and a sloppy, "would be an opener in WWE" or a less quality match between Edge and UT??? IC...please, how was this determined?

Obviously, I voted other. Perhaps I'm partial because I was there, but this match was absolutely fantastic. Added some great TLC elements to make a match that had lost it's glimmer of late 10x better. Great spots from beginning to end, and they took the action outside the cell for the first time in a long time. Sending Edge to Hell and lighting the hole on fire was the most epic thing I've ever seen, and thus, the snub on the nomination is absolutely preposterous!!!

Had to vote "Other".

Match of the year for me, without question, is Age of the Fall members Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black vs. The Murder City Machine Guns, Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin, at ROH Tag Wars 2008. Not only is it MOTY for me, but it's in top three of my favorite tag matches to ever take place. It was just amazing. Not only did it have some incredible spots, but it told an AWESOME story with the Jacobs/Shelly factor, which ROH did a great job going into full detail in with interviews from Jacobs and Shelly throughout the show before hand, explaining their history and what the match meant to both of them. And both guys did a tremendous job in the match telling a story that made sense to their history. So, it ends up being one of those rare matches where not only do you get some cool spots, but everything still remains logical and they still tells a very exciting story.

And for the record, Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels would have to be my MOTY for WWE.

You know what? Fuck it, I'm being to be a biased prick.

HHH/Edge/Hardy. The one that happened, today, and you know, my favourite wrestler won the match. I marked out (as you may have noticed) like all shit, and whilst all the other matches were good, to me, the moment were Jeff finally did it, and by surprise, made me interested.

So, as much as if I was unbiased, it probably wouldn't win. I'm biased because I like Jeff, doesn't matter anyhow. It was a great match in it's own right, so it's up there regardless.

Out of those, had to pick Edge vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania24.

I remember watching it at my friend's house and it was one of the best WrestleMania main events ever. It was a great wrestling match and proved that they did not need a gimmick match to steal the show and that The Undertaker still has it in him to go for a couple years. It had everything, great wrestling, excellect false finishes, comedy (Charles Robinson sprinting down the ramp. Well, I found it funny).

Was either that, or Edge/The Undertaker TLC. Great spots, especially The Undertaker getting dumped through the four tables from the ladder and Edge winning the championship back. Might have voted for it if they stuck with the story about Taker getting banished, as he came on the SmackDown/ECW! Australian tour after that so the whole story behind the match sort of got killed for me.

Unpredictability is what I took into account in deciding the match of the year. The triple threat match last night was awesome and nobody expected Hardy to win it especially after the interference from Kozlov. But I would have to go with Undertaker vs. Edge at One Night Stand. The match was equal if not better than their Wrestlemania encounter and once the stipulation was added I thought that there was no way Edge will win this. Great spots throughout and Undertaker going through the tables was awesome (better than HBK's). I never expected that they would let Taker "retire" at a second rate pay-per view and it was the catalyst for their Hell In A Cell match.

Why isn't the Edge/Taker Hell in a Cell on that list? It got superhyped when it happened.

Fine. Other: Edge/Taker HIAC @ whenever it happened. Cue someone coming in and saying "ZOMG! I R IMITATING PERZON HU CANOT SPEL! ND I LIKE CELLS ND SPOTS!". The numerous spots are part of what made it an incredible match. Fucking what? I'm not allowed to like spots? Why, because they're exciting? The transitions between these were even smooth and seamless, so no complaint there.

Watching the evolution of Edge's character during the match was incredible. He took it to the Undertaker. He was a heel that wasn't a pussy. For one night, he was a psycho Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was made to look invincible. Then he got sent to hell. Literally, kinda.

I agree with you Sam about the HIAC match...I've talked to a lot of people about this match and the one thing they had against this match was the lack of blood....That was one match that didn't need any blading or whatever because it was a epic match..Both wrestlers gave it their all and I was impressed with the evolution of Edge as he became crazy in the weeks leading up to it.

I went with Taker and Edge at 24. This match was the main event at the biggest show of the year, and it delivered. Show me one flaw in this match. Please, do so. Edge made us believe that he could end the streak, which is perhaps one of the most prestigeous thigns in the history of wrestling. The match was great all around with counters and kickouts all over the place. The key to this match for me: we didn't know who was going to win. That's what makes a match a great match to me, and this one delivered.

This one is pretty easy. The main event of Wrestlemania 24 was the match of the night, and the match of the year. I think it was tough, but The TLC and Hell in the Cell matches were nice matches that brought the feud full circle.

What the Undertaker and Edge were able to do in a non gimmick match in their first meeting (spare me the MITB cashing in) on that big of a stage was awesome. With all of the emotion surrounding HBK/Flair, The Triple Threat Match, the hype of Mayweather and Big Show, these two put on a clinic. They had to get the crowd involved, but the crowd came back to life within a few minutes of the opening bell, and ate this matchup alive. The moves and coutner moves were terrific. While the TLC and HIAC maybe more of a favorie match category for me, the original match was the best match.

Easily Mayweath vs. Big Show. So what if it was rehearsed & choreographed to hell. You've got a non-wrestler and Big Show. That be the same Big Show who's done hardly nothing in 8 years as a WWE wrestler. You can add Floyd Mayweather to the very short list of wrestlers who've got good matches out of the Big Show.

Everybody involved in that match played their roles perfectly, from Show, Mayweather, to his entourage. The loss didn't harm Big Show in the slightest, I doubt the same could have been said if it was simply him losing to Rey Mysterio.

It doesn't look like it's going to win, but I voted for HHH/Edge/Hardy at Armaggedon. These three had he potential to put on a classic match and they did just that. There were times I thought that every single one of these men had the match. It was filled with near falls, broken pins, finishers, and reversals. It was fast paced; I don't remember a dull spot. It was just fun to watch.

And it had the finish that we've been waiting to see all year long.

Gave it to HBK vs Flair. Why? Because it was the match that I was most into. Sure, Edge vs Taker had it's moments, and was unbelieveable, but the Flair match had me on edge. The fans played their part, and even though I knew Flair was going to lose, it was still a HUGE moment. The man is a legend, no matter what you all think, he is, live with it. The match was the best that Flair could do at his age, and HBK played his part with an unbelieveable performance. Easily wins.

Triple H / Hardy / Edge @ Armageddon - To be honest, I haven't watched this match yet but I heard it was very good. I usually like triple threat matches too.

Cena vs Batista @ SummerSlam - I loved this match. Two of the biggest current WWE superstars competing against each other for the very first time. It had good spots, false finishers and just told an overall good story. I was surprised this match was that good.

Edge vs Undertaker, TLC @ One Night Stand - The winner. I thought this match was great. It had awesome spots and both men really put their bodies on the line here. It was entertaining from start to finish, and the result was unexpected. A good memorable hardcore match that wins this award.

Edge vs Undertaker @ Wrestlemania 24 - Overrated. Good, but not special. I just can't help but compare this to the Undertaker/Batista WM23 match from last year, and that match was so much better than this. Coincidence? Edge cannot put on classic matches without a gimmick of some sort. It's a fact. Don't deny it Edgeheads. It just didn't really entertain me that much in all honesty. I had high expectations for this match, and it just didn't live up to the hype.

Hardy vs Shawn Michaels, RAW - I can remember this match a little, and I loved it. Both men excelled here and proved why they are two of the best wrestlers in the WWE today. It wasn't memorable though. Hardy picking up the victory was great.

Mayweather vs Big Show, Wrestlemania 24 - No. It was entertaining, but both aren't very good wrestlers. One of them isn't even a wrestler.

Flair vs Michaels, Wrestlemania 24 - A good match. It told a good story and was unpredictable. Some people say it was utter shit, but I disagree. It just had so much emotion and Flair really gave it his all in his final match. HBK also raised his game and that's why he is known as "Mr Wrestlemania".

Angle vs Joe, Cage Match @ Lockdown - Haven't seen it. There's a reason for that obviously.

Michaels vs Jericho @ Judgement Day - A good old school match. I think it's because I wasn't expecting much from it. Probably the third best of the year.

Taker vs Edge in HIAC - Another great match, but not a classic. I'm not a huge fan of Hell in a Cell matches to be honest. It was brutal, but the ending as well as some other aspects just killed it for me. Without the title on the line, the match seemed quite pointless also.

I don't see why everybody is in love with the HBK/Flair match....It has the nostalgia value of this being Flair's last match but the match was boring throughout...Considering it was HBK who was facing him I expected it to be a better match....It would have been better for a young superstar like Kennedy or MVP to get the rub but that's a story for another day....It was hard for me to get into it because I knew what was going to happen...They weren't going to have this buildup just to have Flair win.

Undertaker/Edge had it all....Great bumps, both told a story in the ring, and the biggest factor was unpredictability....When Vickie added the stipulation that if Undertaker lost he would be banished, mostly everybody thought Taker would win this and Undertaker going through the tables was classic considering his age.

I voted for the TLC match. The other two Edge/Taker matches were too predictable and the HITC match for me wasn't even a good match, and was further spoiled by the ridicolous post match ending. The TLC match despite the run-ins was what a TLC should be- a war. The wrestlemania match was good, and a great example of storytelling but I just prefered the TLC match probably because I'm a sucker for spots with weapons, and suprise endings to matches. This been said none of the other matches really gets a look in except HBK/Jericho which was a good match and probably would have won it if Edge and Taker didnt put in 2 great matches this year.

I voted for HBK/Flair for the sole reason of the emotion that was in that. The point of a wrestling match is draw emotion out of fans and that did. It was a historical moment and a pleasure to watch. For anyone that thinks it should be a technical match, you should all vote other. There may be 10 to 15 Ring of Honor matches that are better, work rate wise.

The Flair/HBK was emotional. But there were at least two other matches on the card that got more of a responce out of the match. Watch the end, Flair get's a good reaction. But you know who get's a better reaction? Career mid carder Matt Hardy. He didn't retire either, he simply returned after just 4 months away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back