Match Of The Year

Discussion in 'Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 5, 2012.

?

What Is The Match Of The Year For 2012?

1. Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk - Extreme Rules

2. Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries - Destination X

3. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan - Over The Limit

4. Bobby Roode vs. James Storm - Bound For Glory

5. The Rock vs. John Cena - Wrestlemania 28

6. The Undertaker vs. HHH - Wrestlemania 28

7. Sheamus vs. Big Show - Hell in a Cell

8. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles - Destination X

9. AJ Styles/Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian/Christopher Daniels - Slammiversary

10. Bobby Roode vs. James Storm - Lockdown

11. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan - Extreme Rules

12. Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena - Extreme Rules

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

How does anyone think you've improved? You're a typical contrarian. A moron, if you will.

I'm not saying that no other match should be considered. Just don't act surprised that a great match is winning Match of the Year.

2. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

So comedy match of the year, for sure.

3. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

Everybody has a different opinion, when it comes to the first part I could care less about yours, ask the people who said it if you want to know.

I have a different opinion from you so sue me, it's not a bad match, there's just others on this list that I think are better.

4. Nate DaMac

When the only defense you have is "It's my opinion," your opinion loses credibility.

Coco likes this.
  5. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

Cena/Brock is arguably the more brutal and entertaining match and they were able to do it in twenty five minutes rather than using up fifty minutes of time doing chair shot, finisher, dramatic pause, repeat.

6. Nate DaMac

No argument here. I voted for Cena/Lesnar.

7. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

I like Bryan and Punk is my favorite current wrestler, but their Over the Limit match shouldn't be on the list. It was a good match, but they just went out there and jerked each other off, trying to show off how many moves they could do. It was a great technical display, but it wasn't a great wrestling match.

8. XXJJ

XXJJ Championship Contender

Definitely Taker vs Triple H HIAC. I thought their match at WM 27 was a little overrated. The one at WM 28 was a classic imo.

9. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

Despite having a sizable lead, my vote is for Undertaker versus Triple H inside Hell in a Cell.

Was one of the best stories - if not the best - told since the first Shawn versus Taker encounter at Wrestlemania 25. And the image post-match with all three men arm-in-arm at the top of the stage ought to be one of the most powerful in recent memory.

10. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

The ending of Roode vs. Storm at Lockdown was horrendous. It was the flukiest of fluke ways for a champ to retain the title. The biggest surprise was Sheamus vs. Big Show at Hell in a Cell. I'm not surprised to see Taker vs. Trips has a massive, probably insurmountable lead, and it was a great match.

I went with Cena vs. Rock. It was just a flat out killer match that managed to exceed the hype, which is saying a lot considering that this match was booked & hyped a full year in advance.

11. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

What a pity what might well have been my choice - Cena versus Punk at Night of Champions - didn't make the list. Those two are fucking magic together. Worth a nod for Punk's awesome Yankees attire alone. You bloody plebs.

I thought Bryan and Punk's match at Money in the Bank was better than their match at Over The Limit, but we've already been over that, haven't we?

What a lot of Bobby Roode matches on that list, eh? Two which were almost as - if not as - worthy were his rematch with Aries at Hardcore Justice (just when you thought it was all over) and his one with Sting at... you know, that pay-per-view.

Shawn Michaels' horrible pantomime performance (was he actually supposed to be crying?) marred what was an otherwise admirable addition to Undertaker's annual finisherfest series. The match was definitely better with Tastycles' commentary.

I'll probably give it to Bryan and Sheamus at Extreme Rules, proving once and for all that Extreme Rules is just a better version of WrestleMania. Yes, yes, yes.

12. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Sheamus vs. Bryan

13. The_Reptile_

The_Reptile_ Pre-Show Stalwart

The fact that Cena/Lesnar is third to Punk/Bryan's second sickens me. It really does. I can accept HHH/Taker beating them out for #1 but dear sweet fucking god man. If you're gonna put Cena/Lesnar as number 3 at least pick something momentous like Rock/Cena to go over them.

14. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

It's the internet. I think we all need to stop being surprised that Punk and Bryan are doing well here.

15. Steamboat Ricky

Steamboat Ricky WZCW's Living Legend

How in the WORLD is Taker/HHH winning, much less by like, 40 votes? Seriously...how is that match the best of the year?

16. MOExecution

MOExecution Pre-Show Stalwart

Well, Triple H vs Undertaker will win this award, no doubt. So instead of jumping on the bandwagon I decided to choose a different match from everyone else.

Brock Lesnar vs John Cena at Extreme Rules was a great match. The way that Lesnar pummeled Cena made me feel sorry for him. Brock Lesnar brought back in this match what he said he would, legitimacy. And boy was this legit. This was just as much of a roller coaster ride than HHH/Taker at Mania XXVIII. There was a point where I was saying, "This needs to be stopped". A very; brutal and physical contest. There is a dark cloud hanging over this match as people thought that the decision was the wrong one when they went with Cena going over Lesnar, but in my opinion looking at it now after a surprising loss to The Rock at Mania XXVIII Cena could not afford to lose ANOTHER big match in such a short period again against Brock Lesnar. As we saw later in the year Lesnar got a much needed win against Triple H so it all worked out in my opinion.

17. #tamale

#tamale Marry me Billie Kay!!!

Went with Cena-Lesnar. Brutal match. Great story.

2nd is not on here, but Punk-Cena at Night of Champions was awesome. 3rd for me is Daniel Bryan-Sheamus and 4th is not on here as well, and I may be in the minority, but I loved Jericho-Punk at Wrestlemania.

18. cult_of_icecream_bar

cult_of_icecream_bar Pre-Show Stalwart

Cena vs Lesnar was all good before the last two or three minutes.Cena hit maybe two moves and he beats lesnar?Really?Lesnar was supposed to be a beast.He was until those two moves that killed the epicness of the match.A roll up even was belivable.John Cena was supposed to be Rey Mysterio here.But he beat Brock lesnar with TWO moves.I voted Punk-Bryan but i think i should've voted HHH-UT.

19. cult_of_icecream_bar

cult_of_icecream_bar Pre-Show Stalwart

I think TLC match from last night should be added here.Obviously a heavy match of the year contender.

20. Papa Pillman

Papa Pillman I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan

Not that I disagree with what you're saying about that match being one of 2012's best- but... It wasn't even the best ladder match that happened yesterday . The Steen/Generico Ladder War at Final Battle was even more insane, and would be more worthy of consideration- not that either is going to be added at this stage.

21. SYKOVA

SYKOVA Dark Match Jobber

Toss up between Roode/Storm at BFG and HHH/Taker at WM.

Both companies, biggest PPV of the year, best matches of the year. They both win.. lol