• The Undertaker vs. HHH - Wrestlemania 28

• Sheamus vs. Big Show - Hell in a Cell

• Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles - Destination X

• AJ Styles/Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian/Christopher Daniels - Slammiversary

• Bobby Roode vs. James Storm - Lockdown

• Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan - Extreme Rules

• Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena - Extreme Rules

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cena-Lesnar, without a shadow of a doubt. Told the perfect story, had the crowd eating out of their palm.

James Storm finally getting his revenge on the nefarious Bobby Roode gets the nod for me. A near year long story that many thought would have ended at Lockdown only for the leader of the selfish generation to escape with the title. A brutal match up that provided the real feel good moment of TNA's premier PPV.

Actually hang on again. I'm going to reset the poll. It's not fair to not have a frontrunner available for awhile.

Didn't love Cena/Lesnar as much as everyone else seemingly is. I'm torn on three matches in particular HHH/Taker Hell in a Cell watching the match that night at Mania was unbelievable wrestling drama at it's finest when re-watched it didn't hold up quite as well. Punk/Bryan from Over The Limit was fucking awesome to watch live on re-watch value it's still great though not as epic. Then we have Sheamus/Bryan from Extreme Rules that was a great match to watch live didn't think it as good as the other two until the few re-watches in which that 2 out of 3 Falls bout just keeps getting better and better. Someone persuade me I'll stay tuned.

I'm going with Cena vs Rock. For me that match delivered on all fronts. The Cena vs Brock match was great, but not as spectacular as the other. Undertaker vs HHH would be my second choice.

Mt. Killamanjaro Review said:
Their Extreme Rules match was perfect. I have not a single complaint. Bryan is a phenomenal worker, but those that think Sheamus can't wrestle are just plain wrong. Both men performed to the peak of their ability, as did the team of bookers that pieced the match together. Having the first two falls end in DQ and KO (not submission!) was a stroke of genius, allowing momentum to build as the crowd looked for a pinfall or submission to end it all. The dueling Yes/No chants had a Cena-level feel. I had no issue with Sheamus picking up the win, no matter how "over" D-Bry is at the moment.

Rating: 10/10

I'm still tempted to give it to Sheamus and Daniel Bryan. That match was extremely undervalued because of the other matches on the card. Kind of overshadowed by Punk/Jericho and Cena/Lesnar. But as somebody who was their live, and who has watched it back 2 or 3 times, the match is perfect. The height of Bryan's popularity, the uprising of Sheamus as a top face. Dueling "yes" and "no" chants from an hour before the PPV, to an hour after it. I happened to be in Chicago all weekend for ACen convention right before Extreme Rules, and we heard several hundred people (not a wrestling convention, mind you) doing a loud "yes" chant in the lobby of a major hotel. The momentum going into that match was unparalleled for either guy. Crazy live feeling...

Picked Slammiversary tag match. Favorite TNA match ever!! If you haven't seen it go watch it. I'm a bit surprised about how much people voted for Brock vs Cena though. I liked it but didn't think it was as good as the other matches from a wrestling standpoint.

For me Roode / Storm at BFG just barely beats out HHH / UT for best match of the year...Anyone who picks Cena / Rock should be given a cup and ball to play with and never be allowed to watch wrestling ever again.

I'm still tempted to give it to Sheamus and Daniel Bryan. That match was extremely undervalued because of the other matches on the card. Kind of overshadowed by Punk/Jericho and Cena/Lesnar. But as somebody who was their live, and who has watched it back 2 or 3 times, the match is perfect. The height of Bryan's popularity, the uprising of Sheamus as a top face. Dueling "yes" and "no" chants from an hour before the PPV, to an hour after it. I happened to be in Chicago all weekend for ACen convention right before Extreme Rules, and we heard several hundred people (not a wrestling convention, mind you) doing a loud "yes" chant in the lobby of a major hotel. The momentum going into that match was unparalleled for either guy. Crazy live feeling...

Killam you sold me on voting for Bryan/Sheamus, I thought it was MOTN at Extreme Rules but I always put it below Punk/Bryan and HHH/Taker that was until I re-watched them all a few times the other two I held in higher regard didn't hold up as epic as they did when I watched them live but Bryan/Sheamus gets better every time I watch it, what a choice that was even if it doesn't matter, FOR VARIETY'S SAKE! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back