Match 4: La Resistance vs. Austin Aries and Roderick Strong

La Resistance vs. Aries and Strong

• La Resistance

• Aries and Strong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
All of these matches take place inside of a WWE Ring with WWE Rules.

The Match will be open for a week.

La Resistance is the Rene Dupree and Sylvan Grenier Version.

Aries and Strong are, well Aries and Strong.

Has to be La Resistance here. Aries and Strong are great, but in WWE they are jobbers. I have seen next to none of Aries and Strong, so therefore I can't really vote for them.

Has to be La Resistance here. Aries and Strong are great, but in WWE they are jobbers. I have seen next to none of Aries and Strong, so therefore I can't really vote for them.

La Res were jobbers. three months or so after their debut WWE got bored with them. They were also green for their entire run. That's why they added Conway. But they realized that he was wasting his time with Grenier & Dupree.

If WWE could get past his height Aries would be a great addition to WWE. He's the total (short) package.

I'm a super indy mark so Aries and Strong take it for me.Amazing matches all the time with unique offense that stuns you.The Frenchies however.....wow..........fun for about 2 months then just pure poo.Rene was the luckly one tough-he actully made himself something.Strong and Aries just totally kick ass on so many levels.........Yeah its gotta be them.It would be a good match tough- Resistance have had a few gems.

Winners in 14.00 : Aries and Strong.

If it was Conway in this match, they might stand a chance. He easily held that faction together for the unreasonably long amount of time they were a team. But Aries and Strong make a formidable team anywhere, anyday. Forget the fact that they aren't superstars on the level of La Resistance. Even in a WWE ring, they would win.

Aries and Strong.

Ill go with La Resistance on this one. They could have been better heels if given the right booking. A&S would just be an ECW tag team in todays world, and drift away.

In today's world? You make it sound like in the past, I dunno, I don't actually watch ROH on a consistent basis - how long have they been apart? Are they apart? In the very short time they've been separated the world has changed so much, apparently.

Where they'd be in WWE is irrelevant. They're just superior, wherever they are, plain and simple. Strong and Aries hands down.

Strong & Aries would win this, and win it quickly, hell I'm pretty sure Aries could beat La Resistance on his own, even if they were to add Conway A&R would still walking away with the decisive victory cause as stated before they are just better, like Jake said Aries is the total package and if TNA wasn't so ******ed he'd probably be a pretty big part of the company, possibly Main eventing for them, Roderrick Strong is great in the ring, he lacks ability when it comes to his mic skills but when it comes to the match itself, what you do on the mic don't mean shit, he'd have very little trouble handling the two chumps that make up La Resistance

Never liked La Resistánce. They just annoyed me and basically, were boring as fuck to watch in the ring. I've never seen Aries & Roderick as a team, but both guys ALONE are better than La Resistánce.

I never saw what was so great about La Resistance, they won the tag titles, but it wasn't a very memorable reign, and all three guys didn't benefit from it at all since they are nowhere to be seen these days. I haven't seen much of Aries and Strong, but from the little that i have seen, these two guys look to be the dominant tag team in every way. Aries and Strong win this round.

I would have to go with Aries and Strong. Two of the best pure wrestlers you'll ever see. La resistance were ok and could have been better. Rene dupree was the best on this team not Conway. Aries and Strong for the win in a close one.

LaResistance, I'm not even familiar with who the other guys are and i really don't care!

You're suppose to vote for who is the better team, and if you aren't even going to take the time to see who the other two guys are then you really shouldn't be voting

here's a match, at least watch this before making a decision

Samoa Joe & Jay Lethal Vs. Austin Aries & Roderick
[youtube]HMBjDycCR5s[/youtube]
[youtube]HCRKm5SBg4k[/youtube]

People should not vote or necessarily even contribute to threads where they're not familiar with the teams. Would you vote for Obama without even checking out what McCain had to offer? If the answer is yes, you're stupid. Luckily, this is one match where I'm familiar with both teams and know their work pretty well, though I don't think it's that close anyway.

When it comes to teams I'm not overly familiar with I either a) ignore them if they're in a match I don't care about or b) invite my friends YouTube, Wikipedia and OWW over to help me decide if it's a match I do care about.

I knew I would get this response and I think yous need to settle down seriously....I have viewed the youtube match,thank-you

Lol, what? Calm down? I just want a fair tournament where people don't decide to vote against somebody for the frankly ridiculous reason that they're not aware of their work. Or to vote for them despite it, just to fit in.

This one is harder to call than is being made out. La Resistance though not talented on the stick (like that matters in the wrestling ring) Did have a substantial degree of talent. It can't be proven that Aries would be main-eventing TNA as he never made it... imo strong and aries are destined to reain in the indies, they wouldn't last if they made the step-up (see colt cabana(sp?)) no matter how much roh fans love seeing them. there like a song that no one else has heard of, when it feels like just you know it its the best, when everyone else starts humming it you realise its average at best.

Aries and Strong win, hands down.
La Resistance wouldn't stand a chance against them. They had the belts 'cause they were practically the whole heel tag team at the time of their debut.

This would be a squash match.

Winners: Austin Aries & Roderick Strong

La Resistánce were nothing really, There mic work sucked, But in the ring they were solid, Not enough to overcome the work of R&A, Who are proberly the technical tag team i've ever seen.

Winner's: Austin Aries and Roderick Strong.

Both of these teams were forgettable. Crap in general. I know I am pissing off the smarks here who are proclaiming Strong and Aries as "pure wrestlers" but as we've discussed many times before, being a great "pure wrestler" is a recipe for a lifetime of breaking your ass in the indies and maybe making a short run in TNA. These guys were not particularly interesting.

La Resistance was a bit more of a draw - classic heel tag team with the Anti-American sentiment and the obnoxious national anthem gimmick. They were really just young, brash, athletic guys who were assigned a standard, played out tag team gimmick.

The thing all 4 of these guys have in common? Wasted, unrealized talent. 5 years ago we'd look at all 4 of these guys and say "this guy has the material to be HUGE." Well, NONE of them are. None of them have even sniffed huge. And that's ok - you can be successful in this business without being WWE Champion, Al Snow made me realize that a while back. But none of these teams deserves to be considered as one of the "greatest of all time."

I am voting La Resistance because they did, at least, have a drawing ability and got some heel heat from larger crowds. They also put on some strong WWE matches. But I expect them to bow out next round no matter who they face.

La Resistance was a bit more of a draw - classic heel tag team with the Anti-American sentiment and the obnoxious national anthem gimmick. They were really just young, brash, athletic guys who were assigned a standard, played out tag team gimmick.

The gimmick was a draw. But was the actual team? It's a cheap heat gimmick.

The thing all 4 of these guys have in common? Wasted, unrealized talent. 5 years ago we'd look at all 4 of these guys and say "this guy has the material to be HUGE." Well, NONE of them are. None of them have even sniffed huge.

It works both ways. WWE apparently haven't showed any intrest in Strong & Aries. But they've already decided that Dupree & Grenier aren't worth the effort.

Imagine that, big muscular Canadians. And WWE doesn't want to push them.

I am voting La Resistance because they did, at least, have a drawing ability

On cards with Angle, Lesnar & Goldberg, did they really draw?

and got some heel heat from larger crowds.

If you said you hated America in front of an American crowd what reaction would you get?

They also put on some strong WWE matches.

Really? I know Alex Shelley isn't Aries' partner. But that team had more entertaining tag matches then La Res.

What he said. And the kayfabe stuff. 'Cos in kayfabe, Aries and Strong are La Resistance's Achilles heel: face Americans.

Austin Aries and Roderick Strong take down the WWE team of La Resistance with a vote o 14-7.

My Thoughts: Not too surprising. The ROH and TNA teams usually have no problem of taking down middle of the road/crap WWE teams in the early rounds. Strong and Aeries are too young, fun guys to watch. They aren't nearly as spotty as what a ROH team would make you believe. La Resistance was a team of cheap heat, period. They had no substance and got over based on the fact that they waved a foreign flag in the United States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back