Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

jigsaw-431x300.jpg

VS

OtisDriftwood.jpg

Jigsaw

Films- Saw 1-4, soon to be 1-5.

Preferred Method - Set up elaborate traps, let the victims kill themselves.

Body Count - Disputed, since he never directly kills anyone.

Backstory - Real name John Kramer, was a cancer survivor who got so sick of humanity following his wife's awkward miscarriage that he decided to capture people he felt didn't value their lives and make them fight through unspeakable pain to stay alive.

Otis Driftwood

Films- House of 1000 Corpses, The Devils Rejects

Prefered Method - Whatever was handy. In HO1KC, Otis used a lot of straight razors and other slasher classics, but showed he didn't mind being the rare serial killer / slasher to use a gun.

Backstory - Hard to say. He comes off as a Southern Psycho with something loose and a genuine love for murder. In the original cut of HO1KC, it is revealed that Grandpa Hugo is Dr. Satan, and thus Otis's father.

Body Count - Relatively strong

Jigsaw is one of the smartest 'killers' ever. One of the main reasons I like Saw so much is his reasons for what he does - to make other appreciate their life. It's such a change from horror films where people are dying just for the fun of it so it seems. And the way he kills people is amazing. All these traps no one else can come up with. He really is an evil genius.

Jigsaw is a friggin master mind. Where some killers just worry about killing you, Jigsaw trys to make you realize things before you die. He gives you options and is a pyschological genius. He treats you as if you were guinea pigs in his game.

Jigsaw - He's a mastermind and he kills for a reason. His overall creepyness level isnt very hight because he's basicly just a old man. But the gore level that he brings to the table is very high. (Saw 2 is the only movie i've ever had to quit watching because of gore)

Otis Driftwood - FLAT OUT CRAZY. This guy is actualy scarey. He was so demented in the Devils Rejects that i was actualy hoping he would die. To me he is just so sick and fucked up he has to win this.

My vote - Otis Driftwood

Damn, I really like both of these guys. The Devils Rejects and HoatC are too of my favorite horror movies. The cast of characters makes you absolutely sick to your stomach with how evil they truly are. You really want to see them get what's coming to them.

I'm leaning with Jigsaw, and not by much. The Saw movies are dreadful after the 2nd one, and they begin to lose their appeal, but Jigsaw in the first two movies was a great mastermind, and not so over the top as the next few installments.

This one is quite difficult actually. Both are very scary in their own way.

Jigsaw, a cold methodical son of a bitch. He makes you think about what you're going o do, whether you are willing to risk something for your life. Jigsaw is a pretty bad ass dude. But he never kills anyone, the victims are the ones doing that. Also count the fact that after the first 2 Saw movies the movies themselves go downhill.

Otis on the other hand. He is a crazy guy. He puts fear into you by just looking at you. He doesnt care what it is he has to do, whether by hack and slash or just simply shoot you down, he doesnt care. He IS a killer. A downright frightening one too. Plus he simply carried both House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects. Both of which are fantastic movies.

Im going with Otis Driftwood, by a very slim margin.

I wasnt a big fan of the Otis movies. I did like the saw movies, just because of the puzzles each had to go through, as well as the deep complicated plot. Though Jig Saw doesn't ACTUALLY kill people, he is an artist of getting people to choose to kill themselves or kill other people. If you refer to Jig Saw as Amanda, it belittles Jig Saw, but still keeps him above Otis.

I like Otis Driftwood. He's an intimidating looking motherfucker and I think Rob Zombie did a great job with him.

However, Jigsaw gets my vote. I haven't seen Saw 4 yet, but I enjoyed the first three, with number 2 being my favorite. The 'games' he plays and the plot twist that comes from his stories, they're just awesome. I also dig his real calm demeanor whenever he's put in a situation where it looks like he has no chance of winning. Great character.

Its no surprise that Jigsaw was a mastermind, a genius at teaching his victims the values of Life. But the man wasn't totally heartless, and on occasions he allowed someone to survive one of his sick games. By doing so it proved that the man wasn't totally heartless and at least had a conscious that wasn't totally void of human emotion. Otis Diftwood on the other hand is the epitome of evil personified in human form. The man was heartless, maniacal, uncaring. He truly did not give a shit, add that with the fact that he (like the rest of his family) was totally crazy, the guy was legitimately bad ass. If Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Elizabeth Bathory existed alongside Otis Driftwood, they would all fear this man. Because of that, I'm giving my vote to Driftwood.

Otis driftwood is my fave in this comp, he might not go far with this tough first round choice.

I personally haven't seen much of the saw movies. Saw a bit and said fuck this I can come up with better traps. Like in saw two or three can't remember what one, but a drug addict reached into a box with a needle I guess of her drug of choice. She gets the needle and pulls down. Only to be caught by one of jigsaws traps, a set of razor sharp spikes pirced into her arms killing her. Personally I could of done the same thing, but better. I have a sick mind. Still wouldn't wanna challenge jigg to a battle of wits.

Otis is a fucking old, dirty, scuzzy, mother FUCKER. I LOVE THIS GUY, dude was nuts and I could go on for hours about it. But in a one on one fight with saw and his traps vs otis and his wep of choice. I'd pic otis, because other than a fucking beartrap or a steak pit, I would put jigg above this because he thinks outside the box. But still shit happens. Otis would slaughter jig saw, and its the fucking machete division, otis can actually use one. I don't see jigg waving shit around, do you? Just him flapping his spinny ass masked mouth off at any chance he gets.

I know that this is a close one. I know that there is still time left to vote. BUT...This is a travesty. Jigsaw, a man who doesnt even kill his victims. Just plays mind games, and is old and dying in 3 movies, and DEAD in another is winning this. It makes me realize that people dont really care about anything anymore.

Otis Driftwood by all means is the craziest motherfucker in the horror genre in the new millennium. Lets say this, if this was on any playing ground Otis would just shoot jigsaw right in the fucking face. Shoot that bitch down. Otis doesnt give a shit, thats his scariest quality. He's a man with nothing to lose. Whereas Jigsaw does. Not his life because the bastard is already dying. He loses the chance to teach people a lesson, without that. Jigsaw is nothing. You could take weopons away from Otis and he would still kill him.

Otis Driftwood is a certified badass. Who looks scary, who is scary, and also, who should take this one. Maybe not the whole thing, but definitely over Jigsaw. Jigsaw without mindgames is nothing. Whereas Otis does not need them to kill you, he just flat out will.

Otis Driftwood is a crazy fuck and doesn't care if he dies, as long as he has fun doing so.

Jigsaw is a sad old man who is upset because he has cancer. He is craetive and some of his traps are cool, but for the most part he spends his time manipulating people and thinking of new traps.

How is he going to manipulate somebody who is batshit insane and doesn't care about anything?

Otis FTW

Monkey its a shame people don't think like us, the simple fact is this. Jigsaw is winning by pure name only. No one cares about otis because he's not a big name in the horror film world like jigsaw is. Ho1c was a damn good movie, but saws been over played and over done about 3 times to many. Otis was better in one movie then jigsaw was in soon to be 5, its just a simple thing that people have seen jigsaws name for a long time now with the shitty saw series. Fact and point that there are marks in things other than wrestiling.

Monkey its a shame people don't think like us, the simple fact is this. Jigsaw is winning by pure name only. No one cares about otis because he's not a big name in the horror film world like jigsaw is. Ho1c was a damn good movie, but saws been over played and over done about 3 times to many. Otis was better in one movie then jigsaw was in soon to be 5, its just a simple thing that people have seen jigsaws name for a long time now with the shitty saw series. Fact and point that there are marks in things other than wrestiling.

Maybe people know the name because he's that good? He's a "big name in the horror film world" because he's great. Your preference of the films will depends on if you like the gore associated with it, as I've found most people who dislike Saw do so for that reason. But there's no denying Jigsaw is a great charcter - someone who can make you kill yourself, or cause yourself unbelievable amounts of pain?

As much as i love Jigsaw it doesnt come close to Otis, he is just fucking badass! Definatly one of the best characters in a horror/slasher film ever.

Its just a shame some people dont get why people like them in both HO1000C and TDR, Rejects is an amazing film with some great scenes and dialogue between the characters "There is no ice cream in your future!" LOL

How the fuck can someone who has never actually killed someone be leading the killer tournament???

On principle alone I cant vote Jiggy. Sad, since the movies that driftwood is in are some of the most laborious peices of garbage ive ever seen. Actually I only watched the first one. It was more then enough. Just absolutely putrid. Every SAW since number 1 has been utter shit as well, but still better than the Zombie flicks. but this isnt a horror movie tournament, its the killah tournament.

And Otis is a fuckin badass name.

Sad, since the movies that driftwood is in are some of the most laborious peices of garbage ive ever seen. Actually I only watched the first one. It was more then enough. Just absolutely putrid.

If you can you should try and watch he Devils Rejects as its quita a different film to 1000 corpses. It isnt like corpses where it has quite a 'out there' or on drugs style (for lack of a better term) and is more of a regular film. Some things were taken out of the theatrical cut such as Dr Satan to give it a more realistic feel too, although there is a cut scene where he is taken to hospital and ends up killing Rosario Dawson (sp?).

Overall it gives the Firefly family a lot more character and personality that couldnt come across in the first film, and as much as i liked the first film the 2nd for me blows it away.

Just to point something out; something I believe is said in the film.

"Holding a gun to someones head and forcing them to pull the trigger is still murder."

This means: Although Jigsaw isn't the one 'pulling the trigger', he's still killing these people. Every single one of the deaths in this film are down to him, and he should be known as a murderer - killing people in such original, painful and almost interesting ways.

Is it just me who think the creative director in Saw is a bit sadistic? He has a fun job anyway.

Maybe people know the name because he's that good? He's a "big name in the horror film world" because he's great. Your preference of the films will depends on if you like the gore associated with it, as I've found most people who dislike Saw do so for that reason. But there's no denying Jigsaw is a great charcter - someone who can make you kill yourself, or cause yourself unbelievable amounts of pain?

He's a shitty charicter at best, the only reason why people know of his name is publicity, or maybe from the first and second movie. Other than that I don't know why people would wan't to know his name. I have friends who are horror film fans, and I asked this question who is better Otis driftwood, or jigsaw. All but one said otis because he didn't get to see house, its the fact that idoits are voting for jigsaw because he's in the overproduced, over played, and way to big for its britches, saw.

And how the hell are his kills intresting? He sets traps, fuck hunters do that for like 5 months a year, do we prase them? Not really, he's a glorified seat jockey, he sets back and bitches out and lets people's instincts take over and just do somthing stupid. He's not the killer the people are themselves's for falling into such shitty stuff.:thumbsup:

Bloody tragedy that Otis Driftwood got knocked off early here. He's classic, and I think he deserved to go over Jigsaw. But those are the votes, and the votes are what count.

For those 14 Otis supporters, take heart in the fact that Jigsaw now looks at a Regional Finals Match vs Jason Voorhees. That starts Monday.

So 18 people should never watch another horror film again. Lord knows I tried to take Otis above Jigsaw, I really did. But fanboys/girls wouldnt let it happen. Otis is really better in every aspect of horror films. It's just that the Saw movies are well known by all. It's a shame that Otis didnt go over, but I take solace knowing that he is up against Jason Voorhees. Where if Jason doesnt win, I will literally go insane.

Thank you monkey, if jason dosen't win like ecw fans at one night stand. I will fucking rioit. This is a fucking joke, really people otis is old and so is jigsaw. But at least otis would have enough balls to steap up and kill someone. Unlike jigsaw who sets in a fucking chair and runs his gums about nothing. Really in a sence you can call jigsaw a killer, but to all the real true horror film fans he's just a old sad man behind a fucking white mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back