Lucha Underground Season Four

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
So apparently LU got their funding for season four, but it isn't without some reservations from the higher ups. Prince Puma is apparently leaving, choosing not to renew his original three season contract. There are alos some worries that some of their other talents like Mundo and Taya won't be available for the full taping schedule now that they have signed contracts with Impact.

I used to be a huge fan of LU, and when I go back and watch like I'm currently doing on Netflix, I still really enjoy the product. Season one was definitely the superior season, and two is by no means bad, but I really lost interest in season three, and I can't say I'm that excited for the potential fourth season.

What about you guys? Does anyone still watch and keep up regularily? Has the show lost its appeal? Was this always going to happen to something like what LU presented?

It is funny you mention Season One as your favourite. The common consensus (from what I've seen) seems to suggest that Season Two is the best, since the first half of Season One was still trying to figure itself out whilst creating long-term storylines; Season One felt like the trial period to help with the preparations of Season Two.

However, just like some notable names that have come and gone, Lucha Underground can find a multitude of guys to fill the spots that aren't currently on the LU roster. There are so many great names they can snag that if they lost Taya, Mundo and Puma, it would not matter. It allows others on the show to shine in the top spot and allow new people to enter. As long as they can keep funding and keep interesting television, they should be fine. If they have to take a season on downtime before Season Five picks up, so be it.

Here's a good example: Remember when NXT was bad for a couple of months after they purged the roster of all their talent recently? Y'know, the days of Liv Morgan and Aliyah being the two most prominent babyfaces of the women's division? It took them a while to re-establish itself being devoid of stars and now they've got too many! And that's not including new signings like Kairi Sane or Fish/O'Reilly/Cole.

Another example could be ROH. It was bad for a while but they've picked up steam again. Happens everywhere.

According to Paul London, who works behind the scenes for the show, they are cutting the production and effects budget, but they have yet to make any final decisions on what that means. Early reports are we will get less vignettes, which I'm okay with for the most part. I don't need the next debuting star to beat up four guys in masks with crappy kung fu moves every time.

I can very easily see myself giving up on season 4 if its the same as 3. Too many gaps between stories progressing or just having conclusions for the sake of conclusions. I nearly gave up the night Crane smacked the shit out of Muertes with chairs backstage only for nothing to come of it. Puma is going to be a huuuuge loss especially if Mundo goes too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back