[Lockdown 2013] Lethal Lockdown - Team TNA v. Aces & Eights

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lockdown 2013
Aces & Eights v. Team TNA
Lethal Lockdown Match

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lockdown2a.jpg

All discussion here.​

--

The first official match for the Lockdown ppv was announced on last night's IW, which was later confirmed on IW.com. Sting will lead a team comprised of TNA wrestlers to take on Aces & Eights in a Lethal Lockdown match.

Announcements of who will be participating on the teams will be made in the coming weeks. For Aces & Eights, I'm guessing it'll be Devon, DOC, Mike Knox, probably Garett Bischoff and possibly Wes Brisco if they don't give him a singles match against Kurt Angle. In which case, another member of the group MIGHT be revealed so as to give all the members of the A&E team a face to put with the person.

For me personally, I think this is TNA's last big chance to do something with Aces & Eights. Aces & Eights DESPERATELY needs a win here. I think the entire group DESPERATELY needs a good night at the show period. The group is pretty weak from consistently getting its collective ass kicked for months on end, so this would be a good venue to start turning that all around since this group is, collectively, supposed to be the top heel in TNA right now.

this match should be a good one as long a they let aces and eights win, for me they have breathed a breath of fresh air into the company and to have them lose would make them look weak and how would they come back from that.

I see Bully Ray being on the TNA team and maybe halfway through the match he will turn on them and join them.

they already look weak! Im praying they get a win at lockdown and in the weeks building up. many wins in the build up and at the PPV would make them look decent and actually competition

If done right, then this could be a very good match. The main thing TNA need to do is have Aces and Eights pick up the win. They have been looking very weak and adding Garrett to the group has not helped things at all, so this will do them the world of good.
Also, I think its about time that TNA revealed who the VP and leader are and doing it during the match would be a great idea. another thing TNA need to look at is which five members of aces and eights will wrestle in the match. If i had my way then it would be Anderson,Devon,Knox,Doc and the VP. if you stick Garrett and Wes in the Match then its going to suck big time. as neither guy should be allowed any where near a match like this.

isnt it just a 4 on 4 match? sting said he was going to get 3 guys.

This.

Sting said three guys, so I suppose we're looking at 4 on 4.

My guess is that Angle will be involved with the two youngsters somehow. Maybe Angle vs. Wes, and Garrett joins him at ringside or something. So that leaves an A&8s team of something like: Devon, DOC, Knox, and Anderson. The TNA team could go a few ways, but I'm going to figure Sting picks something like Joe, Magnus, and a wild card. Storm? Styles? Joseph Park? I would also love a scenario where somehow Hulk and Taz could be thrown into the match, as I think if they were the final entrants for their teams than it wouldn't be impossible for them to pull it off physically.

We will probably get a "higher power" reveal of some sort at Lockdown, but likely not before. With that as a possibility, I think Aces and Eights may end up being booked to go over.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I think Lockdown will be a huge turning point for A&8. I think we'll get a huge swerve in the World title match and get insight into who the VP is, if not the pres.

Well wes brisco vs kurt angle was a match I thought was announced on the wrestlezone website somewhere and they won't need to reveal someone else as they have doc knox devon garrett and anderson so why not a 5 on 5 as they can't really reveal much more in the group other than the leaders as tazz mentioned a higher power or whatever it was

im thinking it will be sting , bully , angle and joe vs devon , doc , brisco and maybe anderson. unless of course bully gets the title shot. either way i still think bully and brooke will end up with aces and 8s at lockdown. it seems too predictable.

I think that the match is going to be

Kurt Angle, Sting, Samoa Joe, Joseph Park vs Garrett Bischoff, Wes Brisco, Devon and DOC.

I also think that maybe, Lockdown will be the return of AJ Styles and his heel turn but I don't think he will be in the Aces and EIghts but who knows ?

for starters garrett and wes wontbe in the match cause one ofthem is a pile of shit when it comes to wrestling and the other still has alot to learn not saying theyy wont try to be involved some point in the match .

so i see for aces and eights it will be devon as captain with the vp who i think will be unmasked at lockdown doc and mr anderson the reason i say the vp instead of knox is cause i think park will face knox in some sort of monsters ball match maybe

team tna well we know sting is captain i see angle,joe and james storm as i think if i read it right hogan gives the title shot against hardy to bully next week on impact but it could be magnus instead of storm maybe

With Jeff Hardy defending the title against Bully Ray

I would bet it will be

Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, and James Storm vs. Devon, Doc, Mr. Anderson, and Mike Knox

Then look for a tag title rematch as well
Aires and Roode vs. Chavo and Hernandez

Maybe X division title match to
RVD vs. Kenny King

If TNA wanted some shock value have Bully Ray win the title and be revealed as the leader of Aces and Eights. They could run with that storyline and it would keep the Aces and Eights angle fresh.

A couple LL matches have been 5 on 5 (06, 08, and 12)... add Hogan to team Sting, and VP to A&8's. theres no way Hulkster doesn't find a way in this match. They need to sell 4,000+ tickets. Hogan "wrestling" will give them a spike in ticket sales.

The heels will win the advantage, Hogan will enter last. Punch a few guys, bleed a little and sell a bit. Unmask VP and finally reveal all the members. I have to think Lockdown is the time the leader will be revealed, whomever that may be.

I don't believe that Kurt and Joe will be in the main Lockdown match because I see both of them being utilized to give Garrett and Wes the rub in a tag team match (facing two guys who could make wrestling brooms entertaining)... strangely, I also believe we may see a swerve with Joe jumping ship to the bikers.

As for the Sting team - Bully is a sure in and I would imagine Magnus would be too. The fourth member is the sticky one and I would be inclined to be think of two front runners - AJ Styles, as Mr TNA is the obvious choice but I think everybody has forgotten another 'TNA Original' who has major issues and who I think is the favorite; a returning Eric Young. I know people like to piss on EY for his comedic character but he is solid between the ropes and has been called up to a multi person PPV before...
[YOUTUBE]PNQnaOKC92s[/YOUTUBE]​

Aces and Eights have a ready made foursome in Anderson, D-Von, DOC and Knox and I think this will be the team they will run with.

So the big question will be were the swerve is coming from, because a simple win either the TNA or the As&8s teams wouldn't create any progression. AJ throwing his weight behind the bikers? Don't buy it, doesn't fit in with the looking after number 1 speech. Bully and Brooke? Bully has been very physical with the gang so I would be surprised but I could see Brooke do a Steph. One of Sting's team turning? Sting doesn't work as a heel, Magnus and EY just wouldn't be a big enough twist.

I don't know what the twist will be, I just hope that it will be good otherwise Claire Lynch will start looking like an okay plot in comparison.

There was only room for 5 Vs 5 Lockdown matches in the 6-sided ring...

I think we'll see Angle & Joe Vs Wes and Garrett...

Soooo, Doc, Knox, Devon & Anderson Vs Sting, Ray, Joseph Parks and someone else. Not sure who. As for the turn... I agree there's a big one coming. Maybe several.

I think Bully is TOO obvious at this stage, Styles is possible, but I don't see it. I've been thinking Brooke turning as a possibility.

Everyone seems to think that Bischoff and Jarret are involved with A&8s. Bischoff HAS been behind the mask on occasion, his voice was so badly disguised. But I'm convinced one of the 2 in charge is D-lo. D-lo & Bischoff, or D-lo & Jarrett just isn't really enough though.

I would like to see D-lo revealed as the VP before Lockdown. Lockdown opening with Sting talking to someone, off camera, or on a phone and discovering their 4th man is gonna be late. During the PPV we learn that the Higher power is, in fact...

Dixie Carter.

And then as the A&8s take the numbers advantage in the Lockdown match the final man enters. Jeff Jarret. Returning to save his company.

Face Jarrett & Heel dixie, with a couple of other turns/swerves in there too.

Two things:

1. Aces and 8's does not win major matches. This has already been talked about enough, but they lose every single match of note that they have.

2. The face team has never lost Lethal Lockdown. TNA treats this like a major showcase for whatever face team they have in there, which doesn't bode well for Aces and 8's.

All that being said, I think the bikers have a decent chance this time. Will it make sense? Not really. Will it save the group? Not really. Will it make people care about the story? Not likely. That being said, if they do win the match, the team will at least have something they can point to as an accomplishment. However, when your team is some combination of Anderson, D-Von, Doc, Knox, Bischoff and Brisco, you've got a big problem. Team TNA will likely be Sting, Park and various other people who are far bigger stars than anyone in Aces and 8's. Unless TNA pulls a MAJOR swerve, this is going to be one sided.

I loved the reveal of Showtime Eric Young. It was great. It doesn't matter how small of a name EY really is, the reveal was great. The fact that Team TNA is full of 5 TNA Originals, 5 of the faces of TNA throughout the years is what makes me love the match. Storm, Joe, Sting, Magnus, and EY are all guys who are know for their work in TNA. Yeah, Sting is the exception, but he still represents TNA and has since the beginning.

Prediction? I'm going with Team TNA, with the beginning of the end for A&8.

As KB said the face team has never lost in Lethal Lockdown, But I think that may change this time around. They could easily put the numbers on Aces & Eights side with a guy like Joe turning mid match or have Wes run out once all 10 guys are in and attack someone.

This one could go either way but right now i'm saying Aces & Eights pull off the upset.

A&8's better win this for Christ's sake man. These guys need a major win with a surprise ending to make this seem worth the wait. It was alright with me initially with Devon joining, but this has been dragging with nothing to show for it. So I'm picking A&8's.

A few months ago I thought this feud was gonna end at Lockdown with Team TNA getting rid of Aces & Eights once and for all, but it doesn't seem like this feud will end anytime soon, so I'm going with Aces & Eights on this one due to some big swerve by whoever the VP of the group is. A&8's need to build momentum back up after the major losses they've suffered for the past few months and look strong again with a win over Team TNA here if they are gonna continue this story and if they want to keep the viewers interested in the storyline.

This is the match Aces and Eights has to win and I think they will due to some swerve. With the VP being unmasked this past week I think he will play a part in this. They haven't looked to strong as of late and I think this is the match where they regain their momentum. If they want this angle to go on it has to be an Aces and Eights win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back