Live Discussion - TNA 1/4/2010

I may be here to live discuss tonight. Then again, I may decide that I actually want to enjoy myself. You never know.

When Angelina Love returns, I may get excited. Saying that, UK won't have TNA on live anyway.

Honestly, call me crazy but I was always a bigger fan of Angelina than Velvet. Her return is one of my focal points for tonight.

Can we get anyone, not named NSL, in the TNA LD that plans on watching more than the first 59 minutes?

Dewey? FTS? X? Gelgarin? Thriller? Anyone?

If not, you're all traitorous bastards, and you're all dead to me.

how am I a traitor? I've watched WWE for 20 years :p

I can't help it if I'm more interested in Bret Hart's return that the majority of bullshit that is going to fill up TNA's 3-hour broadcast.

What bullshit? I'm not high on the prospects of Hogan in TNA, but I'm at least going to tune in and see just how bad it is, or to see how wrong I am.

Either way, Bret Hart hosting RAW will mean just about nothing a year from now. TNA either becoming competition, or beginning their march to doomsday means a lot more to the history of wrestling.

I think X said he'd be in here. FTS usually is too, but I don't know what he's watching tonight.

Either way, Bret Hart hosting RAW will mean just about nothing a year from now. TNA either becoming competition, or beginning their march to doomsday means a lot more to the history of wrestling.

I can agree with this but the WWE doesn't have anything to prove. After all, they're on top.

And after all of the time, production, and changes that TNA is going to implement tonight, they're only going to get crushed by the WWE because of the return of one man that ISN'T Hulk Hogan. You're right... tonight IS going to be ground-breaking in the history of pro-wrestling. Bret Hart is going to outdraw Hulk Hogan. I bet no one saw that coming 15 years ago.

NSL, I'm a big fan of TNA. But I'm not going to buy into all of this hype tonight. Their ratings may jump a tad, but I doubt they'll break a 1.9. The WWE, however, has the chance to reach 4.0 again tonight. Granted, it's like apples and oranges, but that's the whole point. TNA is not ready for this challenge. Hogan's mouth is writing checks his reputation can't and won't cash.

I hope for a LONG and PROSPEROUS future for TNA. But throwing down the gauntlet against the WWE right now is the wrong time to make a stand. If they get crushed tonight, people will view them as a joke and a bastard stepchild of the WWE. They should have stayed quiet (when it came to challenging the WWE) and kept on their current path. But once bigmouth Hogan and his ego step into the picture, all of a sudden a war has to erupt??

I think Impact is going to be a really good show that is going to fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. It's a shame, really.

I'm just trying to counter Hogan steering TNA into an iceberg. I'm sure it is all bad road ahead, but there's only one way to know, and to try and prevent it, and that's by tuning in.

No one can expect them to compete, if they won't give them a chance.

I think X said he'd be in here. FTS usually is too, but I don't know what he's watching tonight.

Okay, so that makes X, FTS (hopefully), and yourself for Impact.

And probably KB, Lee, and myself for Raw. Pretty good teams, I think, that can present a variety of ... ahem ... viewpoints.

I'm just trying to counter Hogan steering TNA into an iceberg. I'm sure it is all bad road ahead, but there's only one way to know, and to try and prevent it, and that's by tuning in.

No one can expect them to compete, if they won't give them a chance.

But this is what I mean. And this is the liability of bringing Hogan onto the payroll and giving him a creative roll. Believe it or not, with TNA's current edgy format, Hogan is the type of guy that needs a filter like Vince McMahon. I really feel that Hogan is pushing all of his chips in with a marginal hand.

TNA is an extremely strong company with a lot of room for growth. Slow and steady wins the race, in this situation. But Hogan decided he's such a big deal that the entire company needs to take a stand against the WWE and blow their entire load prematurely to coincide with his groundbreaking return to pro-wrestling. I love that man for what he's done for the sport in the past but he really needs to get the fuck over himself.

I've stated as much even in the Raw LD, but for the fans tuning into the Impact LD, you guys are going to get the better show tonight with more surprises, hands down.

So let the WWE fans get all excited over Bret Hart's return, and yes that is a HUGE deal, and I am not denying that and nor want to take away from it. But even that is not going to compare to the number of things you are going to see Impact do tonight. They are going to go all out, being the Underdogs.

You guys have:

Hulk Hogan
Eric Bischoff
Dixie Carter
An NWO tease with Hogan, Hall, and Nash
Ric Flair return is likely
Possibly a Russo appearance on camera interacting with Hogan
More than likely Jeff Hardy
Possibly Sting

Edit: A conflict between Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett with Karen Angle possibly making a return.

and pot shots and shoot comments being taken at the WWE probably all night, to make things interesting.

Not to mention on the lower tier, other interesting things like Angelina Love's return and a huge Steel Asylum match featuring the X Division.

So, we agree then?

Except you're giving up and not watching.

No f'in way I'm NOT going to watch both shows. I just don't expect as much out of them as everyone would like. If we all overblow the hype we're going to be severely disappointed. I'm staying calm and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I want a title change tonight.

I just had a fantasy in the shower about The Guns randomly getting their long overdue tag title reign.

Make it happen, Hulkster.

After seeing the stuff Sid just listed, I'm even more saddened by what the top draws are considered to be in 2010.

I want a title change tonight.

I don't necessarily want one, but I think one needs to happen in the first hour for people to stay hooked. We may even get 2, which could be overdoing it.

Hamada and Kong will probably take the tag belts, and if they don't we'll get a showdown at Genesis. I'm also thinking Amazing Red drops the belt in the Steel Asylum...

I've stated as much even in the Raw LD, but for the fans tuning into the Impact LD, you guys are going to get the better show tonight with more surprises, hands down.

So let the WWE fans get all excited over Bret Hart's return, and yes that is a HUGE deal, and I am not denying that and nor want to take away from it. But even that is not going to compare to the number of things you are going to see Impact do tonight. They are going to go all out, being the Underdogs.

You guys have:

Hulk Hogan
Eric Bischoff
Dixie Carter
An NWO tease with Hogan, Hall, and Nash
Possibly a Russo appearance on camera interacting with Hogan
More than likely Jeff Hardy
Possibly Sting

and pot shots and shoot comments being taken at the WWE probably all night, to make things interesting.

Not to mention on the lower tier, other interesting things like Angelina Love's return and a huge Steel Asylum match featuring the X Division.

I agree here. The difference I see is that there are too many what if's and open ends in TNA's broadcast. I still think that WWE's package as a whole is greater than TNA's surprises that they bring to the broadcast.

Speaking in Sidious's language (not an insult), they can tease a million things but if they don't have compelling storylines they're just blowing smoke up our asses. The elements Sidious listed look incredible on paper, but TNA has lacked execution of great elements since their birth.

First of all, they fell short with the interaction of Jarrett and Hogan some years back.

Acquisitions like Rhino, Angle, Team 3D, Booker, Nash, and Steiner have fallen short of expectations. Who's to say these new additions to the roster won't be the same?

At least with the WWE you already know you're tuning into a product that already has direction. The only thing that is diverting my attention is that I'm curious as to how TNA's new genesis is going to pan out. It's more about my curiosity than anything.

The WWE already has storylines in place and has generated interest in things BESIDES Bret's return. TNA is basically saying "Ok, we've run out of ideas with our current roster. But here's Hogan, Hall, Bischoff, X-Pac, and Russo so let's start over now." To me, it's not convincing enough to make me watch it first and foremost.

I'll be tuning into Raw and DVR-ing Impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back