Posted: 10/10/2007

Quick Take:
NE_visitorHelmetHeader.gif
Patriots (5-0) at
DAL_homeHelmetHeader.gif
Cowboys (5-0)
NFL.com

Last meeting
On Nov. 16, 2003, Patriots cornerback Ty Law picked off three Quincy Carter passes and Bill Belichick got the better of former mentor and Cowboys coach Bill Parcells in a 12-0 win.

Streaks
After dropping the first seven matchups to Dallas, New England has won two in a row.

Layne Murdoch / Getty Images
The Cowboys' Jason Witten leads NFC tight ends in catches (29), yards (407) and touchdowns (four).

Last week
The undefeated Patriots forced the Browns into four turnovers and scored more than 30 points for the fifth straight week in a 34-17 win. Just like New England, Dallas also improved to 5-0, but it did so in a much more dramatic way. Despite committing six turnovers, allowing three touchdowns on returns (two INTs and one kickoff) and trailing by eight with only 20 seconds left, the Cowboys still found a way to win. Nick Folk's 53-yard field goal as time expired gave Dallas an unlikely 25-24 victory at Buffalo.

At stake
Even though they are unbeaten, a win is still very important to the Patriots in the standings. With Indianapolis also unblemished, New England does not want to give ground in the race for homefield advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. As the only undefeated team in the NFC, Dallas also could use a victory to strengthen its hold on the conference.

Key matchup
Cowboys OLB DeMarcus Ware vs. Patriots LT Nick Kaczur.
Aside from a much-improved receiving corps, the main reason Tom Brady is enjoying his best season so far is the impeccable protection the offensive line has provided. Brady has been sacked only three times and has rarely been pressured. Conversely, the Cowboys are 11th in the NFL with 12 sacks, and coach Wade Phillips makes getting to the quarterback a priority. Dallas' leader in sacks is Ware, who has four. The task of slowing down Ware's pass rush falls to Kaczur, a part-time starter until this season. Ware's ability to beat Kaczur could prove the differene. If he can hurry Brady from the blind-side and disrupt the timing of the Patriots' aerial attack, then Dallas' chances of knocking New England from the ranks of the unbeaten greatly increase.

Did you know?
The Patriots are 35-3 since 2000 when their defense snatches at least two interceptions.

This is going to be a huge game, it's the battle of the Undefeated, and a possible SB preview, I'm predicting NE with the win, they are just too dominant right now, can't wait to see this one

Meh, I honestly will not be surprised if we see a 1 sided blow-out.

It's your guess to who it will be:glare:

Meh, I honestly will not be surprised if we see a 1 sided blow-out.

It's your guess to who it will be:glare:

Well if Dallas had a better QB then they'd be badass, I think the should go with BJ in this game instead of Romo( or Grossman 2.0 as he's known as now:p)

But none can compare to Ben :p. Yeah they are the Best QB's in the NFC :p hahaha. I say one sided blow out by the Pats. Yeah yeah

Cowboys don't stand a chance. Can't wait to see TO embarassed and him act like a 10 year old and throw a bitch fit.

I think Dallas should not show up so they dont get humiliated in front of there home crowd. :p

What a surprise, Randy Moss touchdown.

Poor, poor Cowboys fans...you're in for a very long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back