List It: Favourite Video Games

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used to run a series of threads called "List it" that asked posters to list their favourite something. Mostly, I did movies to start with. But since this is the Media Lounge and I love video games, we might as well combine the two and see what the results are. The rules are very simple - list your favourite three games that you've ever played across any system or format. Then tell is why. Simple really.

With that out the way, let's get my list out of the way.

1. Final Fantasy X
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Football Manager 2006

Number one my list is probably the game that I have sunk the most time into. And I know that it isn't even considered to anything close to the best Final Fantasy game of all time. But I don't know, it had some strange quality about it that I just couldn't get over. The story, although kinda cliché, was perfect. And it was the first game that I remember playing on my Playstation 2 that really made use of the increase in graphics quality. Plus, the Blitzball game that was included was probably the best side game on any title that I've ever played... Maybe with Gwent as the exception.

Crash Bandicoot is an utter classic and is the first game that I remember playing on a Playstation. It was just the perfect t mix of fun, challenge and entertainment. And whilst Crash was a 90s phenomenon, nothing will come close to the original for my money. It was truly brilliant.

The third and final game on my list is a strange one for sure. FM2006 was brilliant. Most Football Manager games catch my attention but the user interface was perfect and the detail of the game was the perfect mix of accessible and simple. The later games in the series, I reckon, have become too detailed. I get that they are trying to make the games more strategic but there needs to a line where you can just drop in and enjoy it without being Alex Ferguson. This was the game that got it right. I spent hundreds of hours on the 360 version of this game and I don't regret a second of it.

Now you go...

1. Bully- Possibly the most fun I ever had playing a video game. I have to admit that all of the initial controversy was what drew me to it but all of that was rubbish. Just an awesome (albeit too short in my opinion) game.
2. Super Mario Bros 3- I really don't have much to say about this one. The standard of all platformers in my opinion.
3. Grand Theft Auto Vice City - San Andreas get most of the credit for revolutionizing the sandbox genre but for me, it starts here. Perfect soundtrack and many, many memorable moments.

1. Minecraft (PC) - I figure this one has to be first since I've been playing it almost nonstop for the past 6 or 7 years (I know it was released late 2011, but I was playing the betas before then). Between vanilla Minecraft and all the mods and modpacks which exist (currently playing the direwolf20 pack on Curse), it's a game which is constantly being reinvented. Fantastic game.

1a. Little League World Series (NES) - If Minecraft is number 1 based on consistent gameplay over the years, then Little League World Series is 1a based on the fact I've been playing it off and on for 25 years. It is one of those games which is far better than the recognition it ever received.

3. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (PS3) - The first game I ever purchased and played on the PS3, I've beaten this game so many times I'm almost embarrassed about it. Hundreds of hours have gone into this game and it is one of those games I would sit down and played for 6 or 7 hours back when I was into it. I never really play it anymore, but it'll always be one of my favorites.

Honorable Mention: WWF Raw (Sega), Phantasy Star 4 (Sega), NBA Live 95 (Sega), Secret of the Silver Blades (PC), Warcraft 2 (PC), High Heat Baseball 2002 (PC), WWF Attitude (PS), Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain (PS2), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS3), NCAA Football 14 (PS3), NBA 2K13 (PS3)

1- Call of Duty (PC).

COD on the PC is far up and away from others on my list. I would play this game every single day with any spare time I had in the day. Throw in 20 hour marathons almost every weekend and it ends up being a lot of hours on this game. I played it for years and the mods and maps kept pouring in refreshing any staleness. The maps are still my favorite in all of the shooter kingdom. I miss all my COD pals from that time.

2- NHL 2014.( Xbox 360 )

In a distant second place is this sports game from EA. Yes, it had some issues like glitch goals and team joining trolls who refused to pick a position and hold up the entire lobby, but it was still super fun. The best part was creating your online player to bash people in drop in games. Do you make a 6"9, 230 pound beast that will destroy anyone in your path or a 5"9, 167 pound speed demon that will outskate everyone? Current set ups don't allow such customization and have pre-set players that you can unlock different hairstyles, equipment and stuff for (BOOORING). I want to tinker with every single thing with my player like 2014, speed, shot, hitting, fighting, weight, it had everything. This is the second most time I ever put into a game. Take note, EA Sports!

3. Halo. (PC).

Another PC shooter I sunk countless weeks into. The first time I played the multi-player I was hooked. The vehicles and weapons, nothing overly special but it was still a pile of fun. Capture the Flag on Blood Gulch was played so much I'm surprised the terrain wasn't burned on my computer screen. I loved Capture the flag. The consoles didn't interest me too much with online offerings as I wasn't half as good as I was on the PC. Plus from Halo 3 on, Capture the flag lost all the fun in the mode IMO and big team deathmatch or team deathmatch grabbed all the popularity.

4. Super Mario Kart (Snes)

You could interchange 3 and 4 on my list. When Super Mario Kart came out for the Super Nintendo, me and my friend were at the rental store renting the game. We ended up renting it so much we could have bought five Super Mario Karts. What a fun racing game at the time. Power ups, battle mode, multi-friend elimination tournaments , we played the hell out of this game and it was a really carefree fun time in my life.

Godfather-PS2

I've completed this game at least 10 times and it never gets boring. For a PS2 game it was way ahead of its time in my opinion. It had an epic storyline to go with it and taking over each part of the city to become don came with its challenges.

Scarface-PS2

This game was very similar to Godfather in my opinion but it's may just edge it. The story carried on from the end of the film and you had to rebuild Tony's empire. When he went into rage mode he was unstoppable. It was also amusing to sell a dealer coke then shoot him and take it back.

Premier Manager 99-PS1

This was the original footbal simulation game for me. I could play this for hours on end and always went for Inter Milan. Biggest transfer budget on the game and the original Ronaldo. This was the last decent Premier Manager game in my opinion.

Crash Bandicoot-PS1

If you haven't played this game then re-evaluate your life. Absolutely legendary series of games on the PS1. The PS2 games weren't as good but can not wait for the remastered version for the PS4.

Kingdom Hearts II

A game I have beaten over 10 times. I love every bit of it and am not ashamed to admit. Just fantastic from start to finish and improved on everything that needed it from the first game.

Final Fantasy X

Much like Dave, I don't think it's the best final fantasy in the series, but it's my number one favorite. I am a sucker for romances so the story of Tidus and Yuna really got to me. The monster Sin has a terrific backstory as well in that even though it's a monster that appears every 10 years so killing it would seem like a waste, the game really makes you believe it's worth it for the peaceful 10 years it brings.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

To put into perspective how much I love this game, I originally beat it and sold it, and a while later I picked up skyrim for PS4. I ended up trading that in to get The Witcher 3: Complete edition which I am still playing now and haven't even touched the DLC stories which are full games on their own. Probably the best RPG gameplay I have ever played. One I will come back to many times over my lifetime.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The first game I ever bought for gamecube due to being a Zelda fanatic. Much like FFX, maybe not the best Zelda installment, but my favorite. Link turning into a wolf and the overall darkness of the game and story is what sunk me in. It was a different style for the series and the remastered version made me buy a Wii U.

Tales of Symphonia

I was never a fan of the "Tales of" series just because I had never heard of them until my buddy mentioned this game to me. I opened it up to find 2 discs which I was excited about due to loving taking multiple discs to beat final fantasy games. Just a gripping story and I love the combat system as well. It was something I had never seen before and it took me a whole summer to beat the game. Great twists and turns along with dialogue. Unfortunately I have not played a Tales game that has come close to matching the magic this one captured for me.

1- Final Fantasy VII (PS)Hands down the greatest game ever made. To experience this in 1997, after 7 years of Megadrive graphics, is like your first experience of the internet after a life of research books. The story, the games, the cut-scenes (the burning of Nibelheim), the world map, the most baddass, sympathetic but evil villain ever and that moment; the gaming equivalent of Austin's glass smashing. Final Fantasy VII is the birth of modern storytelling in gaming.

2- Street Fighter II (SNES)
Flatout perfection. There's simply no way to improve Street Fighter II. It's simple enough to be accessible but monstrous to perfect, the character balance is so tight that none has ever been the established "best" choice, the music and artwork is iconic. 25/26 years after it's release, it still hasn't been bettered, even by it's more powerful sequels.

3- Mario Kart (SNES)
Almost identical to the above, it simply works perfectly at what it does. The balance of controls & speed, the X-Factor of the pickups, the multi-player, the time-trial ghost car when you've beaten everything else. It's simply the perfect racing game.

1- Ocarina of Time (N64)

I still highly regard this as one of, if not the greatest games ever created. My first exposure to the Zelda franchise. It was a hell of an first impression and solidified me as a fan. I'e sunk endless hours into this game and I'll be honest, nostalgia influences my decision to rank it so high. It still holds up pretty well to today's standards but some of the new Zelda titles control much better. Still, for me, I can't think of a better game to place atop at my number 1 stop.

With everything I've seen though; Breath of the Wild might soon claim that spot. Time will tell.

2. Halo Combat Evolved(Xbox)

This game was a sleeper hit for me. I wasn't really into shooters but seeing those commercials on T.V some how peeked my interest and decided to play. I picked it up not really sure of how I would take to the game and the shooter genre itself. After the second mission, I couldn't put it down. Stepping out from the rescue pod onto the Halo ring system for the first time was aw inspiring. This was another game I've sunk endless hours into. Most people sunk their hours into multiplayer but I had the campagn on repeat. It was just fun, I approached it differently every time. Adapting a new play strategy or game style to keep my experience fresh. Multiplayer was fun but for me it wasn't a main stay. I was in it for the campagn. One of the reasons I continue to buy each installment.

3. The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim.(Xbox 360/X1)

Never played an Elder Scrolls game before. They always flew under my radar. I wasn't really into massive epic fantasy games either. However, the hype towards this games release was MASSIVE. It was hard to ignore. So I kept up with the game and the more I saw, the more curious I got. Eventually my curiosity got the better of me and I caved in and bought it. It took me awhile to really get into it but for some reason, I just couldn't put it down. I got to level 30 before I realized I could unlock perks :lmao: . I had just been upgrading my health, stamina and magic. That's how oblivious I was to all of this. After 400 plus hours though, I can say with certainty, time well wasted.

Some honorable mentions

-Donkey King Country(SNES)
-Mario Kart 64(N64)
-Pokemon Red/Blue(GB) and Gold/Silver(GBA)
-Smack Down Here Comes The Pain(PS2)
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3(PS2)
-Zelda Twlight Princess(Wii)
-Super Smash Bros Melee(GC)
-Super Mario Galaxy 2(Wii)
-Halo 3(X360)

1. Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube)
The greatest game of all time, no questions asked. As much as I love the Final Fantasy games and the Zelda games, none come close to this amazing title. Beautiful graphics, the best soundtrack I have ever heard from a game with over a hundred brilliant tracks, a phenominal story full of plot twists, a fun battle system, many sidequests along the way, alternate costumes for the heroes which provide a lot of fun, an extra difficulty setting that gets unlocked later leading to intense yet enjoyable battles, and to top it off this game contains in its soundtrack the greatest battle theme of any game on any console in this title's version of Fighting Of The Spirit which plays during battles to form pacts with the elementals. This game is a perfect 10. There is literally nothing negative to say about it and no gamer should ever miss out on it.

2. Final Fantasy 4 (SNES)
I debated whether to discuss FF4 or FF7, but FF4 was where it truly began for me. This was where my love of console RPG's came from. Everything was so ahead of its time. The storyline, for a game that came out more than 25 years ago, was too epic for words. It had such a memorable cast, including Kain with his multiple face/heel turns who to this day is still one of my favorite FF characters. The only thing it was missing was the chance to pick a party, which at the end of some remakes you finally were able to. Still love the soundtrack and I have replayed this game countless times. It along with 7 will always be at the top of my FF rankings.

3. Paladin's Quest (SNES)
One of the most under-rated games ever. This was a unique RPG where you used your Health to cast spells because there is no such thing as Magic Points in their world. The game itself even pokes fun at this by having an NPC say "There's no such thing as MP here!" in one of the first towns. You can pick up to 2 from many mercenaries along the way to join the male hero and the female hero. The graphics are a bit weird looking, especially by today's standards, but it's a fun title to try out sometime if you want something different. The music's pretty good too. Trivial note, I once beat the final boss of this game without ever attacking him (and without any cheat devices in the process).

Honorable Mention

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)

Much like with FF4 being my big start in Final Fantasy, this was where it truly began with Zelda for me. Granted I had played the prequels to both on the NES but this title was what really made me a fan. The graphics are amazing and have aged really well for an SNES title, so has the music. Being able to go back and forth between the two worlds is a fun gameplay aspect as is collecting all the items. Then you have various challenges such as trying to beat the game with 100% of the items in 3 hours or less. Tons of replay value. An absolute must for Zelda fans and recommended to anybody who for whatever reason has not played it yet.

Earthbound

The soundtrack, gameplay, world, and characters of Earthbound are still endearing to me to this very day.

Limbo

Combining my love of side-scroller puzzles with my love of haunting atmospheres. Limbo is a great example of creativity used in a tried and true platform.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

My first game of N64. Yes, it's a bit nostalgic, but damn if it wasn't fun.

Batman: Arkham City

I love Batman. This gave me a chance to be Batman, and it didn't disappoint. I love the whole Arkham series in general, but this one was just a notch above the rest.

Firewatch

A tremendous mystery game with beautiful graphics, but an even bigger message about life.

Honorable mentions go to the entire Super Mario Bros series, Grand Theft Auto V, Undertale, Doom (PS4), The Last of Us, Myst, NHL 96, Madden Series (08-present), Mario Kart Series, Red Dead Redemption, NBA Jam, Manhunt

All my friends think I'm crazy for playing video games at times, but it beats what's on TV these days. My list is in no particular order and get confused about the systems they are played on. We have all of them so when I feel like playing my son just plugs in the right one, I'd be lost.

Any of the Legend of Zelda games. Always been a Link fan, and my username is one of Link's fairy's. Takes a while to get through them and they challenge you to think. Windwaker is probably my least favourite of the Link games as I have a terrible time trying to actually use the Windwaker when I'm on the Red Lion. Still stuck at one of the islands and we've had the game since it came out. Will go back one day and try to finish it. Oh and I'm the only one in the house who will do the Well to get the Lens of Truth. Husband and son and scared of it. I just go in freeze the redeads fight off the Death Hand and make my way out.

Pikmin 1, 2, 3. Loved this game when it was introduced and the storyline is hilarious of Olimar getting stuck on the planet and thinking garbage is gold. The Pikmin themselves are a hoot, and some of the enemies took me a long time to beat. When I need a laugh, I throw this one in and have a go at beating the crap out of some big bugs with little guys with flowers on their heads.

Twisted Metal. Love all of them. Once you have the God mode code you are unbeatable so that's the first thing I look for. Yes I cheat just a little in this game. Out of all of them Twisted Metal 2, Twisted Metal Black and Small Brawl are my favs.

Super Smash Brothers. Great game and I'm wicked with Samus. Just a great fighting game all around.

I'm sure there are lots more but too tired to think of them right now.

1. Gauntlet (1985):
This game was the first game I ever loved and one I played non-stop. Me and my child hood best friend would sit for literal hours playing trying to reach the end and we'd usually fall asleep on the way there. It's a great memory, and a game that kick started many loves in my life that still exist today.

2. Skate 3:
I love this game to death. My brother and me had around a 4 year age gap and were very, very different growing up. This kind of helped bridge a gap between us and an already great game cemented it's spot in my heart. I don't think there's a better skating game in existence to date, and it's truly a permanent favorite.

3. Pokemon G/S/C:

I had 100's of hours on these. It's hard for me to say even now I don't have an immense bias towards Gen. 2 Pokemon. I don't think I've enjoyed a game by myself more than I did with these. I have pretty much nothing bad to say, and still know the story lines and every individual area like the back of my hand. If the other two reasons of bonding didn't boost the other two up, this one would definitely be number one to the fullest extent.

4. Insaniquarium Deluxe:

I have fond memories of playing this in particular with my grandma possibly a decade ago. We'd kind of just hang out and this simple little PC game about a fish tank brought us together quite a bit. I bought it on Steam a while back, and it's kinda hard for me to even play it sometimes considering her passing. It holds a special place in my heart.

5. John Deere: American Farmer.
I bought this at a Goodwill randomly in a dollar bin. I played it way more than I think I should have and I don't think I have a good explanation as to why or how anyone would enjoy it to the extent I did. I'll never forget the amount of my life wasted on such an odd choice of game.

6. Adventure Quest.
I love you, still.. </3

Other Loves:
Crash Bash 1/2
Crash Team Racing
Halo 3
Rock Band 1/2
Guitar Hero 3
Pokemon Snap / Yellow/ Emerald/ Fire Red/ Stadium.
WWF: No Mercy
Tekken (Series)
King of Fighters (Series)
WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011
Age of Empires

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Many, Many others lost to memory. </3

Does anyone have any idea how hard it was for me to make a small list of my all time favorite video games? I mean, there are several games that I could just play over and over and over again.... There are several games that I absolutely positively love. Having said that, though, here are 5 of my absolute all time favorite video games. I no particular order.

Chrono Trigger

As far as RPGs go, this is one of the greatest hands down. Not just one of the greatest RPGs of all time, it is one of the absolute greatest games of all time. It's actually, IMO, the best SNES game I've ever played. The story is great, the colors, the music. This game has it all. If you haven't had the chance to play this game, I suggest you do so. You could download a SNES emulator for pretty much any smart phone and find the download for this game free on several website. It's also available on PSN, which is how I continue to play this game to this very day.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

This game brought both the survival horror genre and the Resident Evil franchise to a whole new level. This was the very first game I played in the Resident Evil franchise and it is because of this game that I am now a huge fan of said franchise. Not only did you have your run of the mill zombies and other enemies to face throughout this game, but you had Nemesis, who would show up and chase you all throughout the game. If you're a fan of the RE franchise and have never played this game, do yourself a huge favor.

Legend of Dragoon

Besides Final Fantasy VII, this was the only RPG for the Playstation that lived up to the huge expectations that I had set for RPGs based off of Chrono Trigger. This game introduced a lot of tropes to turn based RPGs that would become hallmarks and huge selling points for other games to follow. Tropes such as transforming, huge summoning sequences, and attack add ons. Also, the 'in battle' graphics were amazing for the time. This game had story, soundtrack, gameplay, and last but not least, length. It had 4 disks for crying out loud.

Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time

I seen this title on a lot of lists. What can I say about this game that hasn't already been said by others? This is the game that got me into epic stories and the Zelda franchise and it's probably the absolute best title to come out on the N64.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out

This is the one game that I can play over and over and over again; and then one more time for good measure. This game is the sole reason why I still own a NES and continue to leave it out and connected to my television. This is probably, IMO, the funnest game I've every played. No matter how many times I play it or beat it, I continue to play it. I probably play it and beat it at least twice a month. I grew up with this game and I still love it to this very day. I still know all the tricks, secrets, and pass codes to it. Love love love this game.

Well, that's my list. I hope that you guys like it. I know that there aren't any newer titles on there but they just don't make games as memorable as they once were. Nostalgia probably has a lot to do with it as well.

I hate putting stuff in order but here are some of my general favourites.

Resident Evil 4

I'd previously played Code Veronica X which was fun but I had problems with the gameplay (mainly the combat) Resident Evil 4 fixed that problem. The combat was great, the story was interesting with a B movie cheese feel while still having some genuine scares (regenerators) and I loved the merchant dude.

Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time Trilogy

I can't pick between the three of them because they're all great. While they all share great stories and similar gameplay each specialises in something different. Sands Of Time had more of a focus on the platforming and puzzles, Warrior Within, the combat and Two Thrones had stealth. Zero Punctuation said between them they have the ingredients for the best game ever and I believe that.

Devil May Cry 3

I played the hell out of this game. Went on the different difficulties, getting all the secret rooms and everything. The different combat styles were awesome and helped mix up the gameplay, the story was cool and I just love snarky Dante. Being able to play as Virgil also helped. Although I would have liked more original levels with him than just going through Dante's levels.

Timesplitters 2 & 3

I fucking love Timesplitters and I wish they'd put it on Steam, the Playstation Store, Xbox Store or HD remake it. I love those games. While I never completed 2 on story mode the multiplayer was fun. I loved the story to Future Perfect and wish more FPS' embraced the silly side.

1. Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (SNES)

Purely a nostalgia pick, and I have all three Super Star Wars games, but I have to go with The Empire Strikes Back. I was starting to get into the movies as a kid, so playing the games that closely followed the movies was a lot of fun. Luke has more power-ups and special attacks in Super Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, so the duel with Vader is too easy, but it's more challenging in TESB. The duel in TESB basically follows everything that happened in the movie step by step, so it's perfect, if you're fan of the movies.

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)

Tommy Vercetti is still my favorite GTA character. The nostalgic 1980's Miami setting is great, and the soundtrack is one of GTA's best. The storyline works as a mix of Scarface and Miami Vice, and I have a fond memories of Vice City, because it's the first GTA game I bought years ago.

3. Saw (PS3)

Saw is too repetitive at times. You're constantly digging through a toilet full of dirty needles to find a key, solving the pipe piece or circuit puzzles, or you have to fight and beat up some fat guy wielding a baseball bat full of nails.

The graphics are mediocre at best, but if you're a fan of, or if you follow the movies, Saw is an enjoyable survival horror game. They did a good job of staying true to the spirit of the movies, so you get the feeling you're actually in a Saw movie. Storyline wise, Saw 2009 is canon, because the game is set between the original Saw and Saw II. Amanda Young would've been a better choice as the playable (she's in the game) main character, because Tapp is kind of boring. Still, Saw is a challenging game that makes you think, and I had to use a walkthrough as a cheat sheet to figure out how to solve some of the combination puzzles.

Having to choose between the Freedom or Truth doors to finish the game makes sense, because it's a page right out of Jigsaw's playbook. Truth ends the game with a more diabolical finish. I went back to my last checkpoint to see the Freedom ending, and it's an anticlimactic finale without the signature Saw twist.

Honorable mentions: Resistance: Fall Of Man (PS3), Rocky Legends (PS2), Clue (SNES), X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (SNES), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2), Sunset Riders (SNES), Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One (PS2), Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES), WWE 2K14 (PS3), Spider-Man 2 (PS2)

Rarely have I played or even known about the video games mentioned here. But I'll add two games which I love.

Sleeping Dogs: Awesome game. I've played GTA Vice City as well but this one's so much better. Little good things make this game an entertaining one.

FIFA 2K16: Sometimes, simple is good. And less is more. I've more interest in "sports" games and this is my favorite in that category.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This was the first ever game I played like a maniac. I'd come from college and start playing. I'd never step my feet outside unless I absolutely had to. I remember freaking out when the Wallmaster out of nowhere picked me up. Unfortunately, Nintendo consoles are way way overpriced here and even then it's tough to get physical games so I had to play it on emulators.

Final Fantasy 6

Again I played this one on emulators but bought it on Play Store once it became available. This is certainly among my favourite games. Awesome storyline, cool graphics and memorable characters make up for a near perfect game. Only complaint I have with this game is that once you level up a lot you'll find the game a lot easy. Well that's the case with nearly every RPG.

Super Mario Bros (NES)

Most of the boys my age here in India would admit this game as their favourite ever. This is the game that introduced me to video games. Nostalgia!

I will list the ones that I currently still play the most often.

1.) Chips Challenge 1 and 2 [PC version]

I have been playing this game since I was 6. Easily the most difficult puzzle game I have ever played. Levels range from brain teasers, to memorization, to trial and error, and hardcore evasion. The original had 149 levels, of which I completed all but 8 of them. I have not played the add on pack that doubles the amount of levels. I do not know how many levels the second game has. To date I have only completed 20 of them.

2.) Microsoft Train Simulator [PC]

A game for railway enthusiasts that has never failed to entertain over the years. The game has seen many mods over the years. As such the game play and customization in editor mode is practically unlimited. The original comes with 6 routes and probably about 100 pieces of rolling stock. At my peak I had 15 routes and probably over 400 pieces of rolling stock. My current laptop limits my gaming experience, but with 3 expansion packs I still get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it.

3.) Fortune Street [Wii]

This is the big party game me and my friends always play. It's got a mesh of Mario characters and Dragon Quest characters. This is the game Monopoly is based on. You buy districts and build them up. Buy stocks. Play the market. Gamble. Trade. Force buyouts. Try to bankrupt the competition, and raise your network to the goal before they do. Very fun and addicting game.

4.) Mario Golf [N64]

Even after 20 years this is the one game I still find myself playing constantly on my beloved N64. Probably because no matter how often I play the game, due to random wind and weather conditions, the outcome is always going to be a little different. I almost never play the same game of golf twice; even if I come away with the same score over and over. And by setting handicaps I can adjust the difficulty of the AI to match my current skill level. I find the replay value of the this game to be practically infinite.

Some honorable mentions:

PC - Starcraft, GTA San Andreas, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

N64 - Super Mario, Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, Turok 1 and 2, Mario Tennis, Rush 2 and 3, Pilotwings, Tetrisphere, Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2, Donkey Kong

SNES - Donkey Kong 1 and 2

Wii - Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Wario Land, Goldeneye remake, Resident Evil 4, Excite Truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back