Let's Talk About Bars

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
I know this is fodder more for a Bar Room thread than anything, but I want to try to get some actual discussion going about bars. And since this is the closest subforum we have for general discussion, I figured this was the best place to put this thread.

Basically, post your favorite bar that you like to drink at. Go to their website (if they have one) and post some pictures of the place. Discuss what draws you to the place. Is it the decor? The price of the drinks? How strong the drinks are? Special events/themed nights? The amount of people that drink there? To you, what is the perfect bar?

My favorite bar? West End Johnnie's.

http://www.westendjohnnies.com

n815999554_1393029_799653.jpg
n1254004460_309886_5742.jpg
n1254004460_309871_3871.jpg

I can't drink anywhere else in the Boston area besides here. The best way I can describe it is that it's an upscale sports bar. He has leather couches for people to sit and talk on, and he has a huge bar that can seat a lot of people. There are also tables for people to sit and hang out or for people to eat. To the left of the bar is the Presidential Room, which is a room with a huge table and its own 55 inch HDTV, and signed photos and memorabilia from presidents and high profile politicians are on the walls there. In the main bar area, there are signed framed photos of celebrities, and even a framed Bill Belichick sweatshirt. There are also awesome photos of major moments in Boston sports history, and beautiful artwork of Boston sports players and the Boston area.

The downstairs has couches as well, and even a closed lounge room adorned with the most comfortable couches I've ever sat on. It's an "at home" atmosphere.

Most bars in Boston are shitholes. Dive bars. To them, you're a number, and most of the time, your $8 cocktail is watered down. Not at Johnnies. In addition to having a great selection of beers, they're all reasonably priced. The cocktails are reasonably priced as well, and they're STRONG.

The mix of people is great here too. I never really talk to any guys besides my friends when I go out. The atmosphere here is so relaxed that you can talk to anyone. The girls who come to this bar are all usually VERY good looking. The Bruins and the Celtics also come here after home games because it's so close to the TD Garden. I don't really talk to them when they're there and I happen to be there.

Every Saturday night, they have Country Night. I love country music, and I try to make it out there at least once a month. The house band is really good, and they usually fill the place. I talk to the owner a lot, and he's working on getting the Zac Brown Band and Clint Black in for Country Night. He had a pretty well-known country singer in last month, and it was a hit.

Basically, if I were to open a bar, I would model it after how Johnnie's is. It's always been a dream of mine to open one someday and this is pretty much exactly how I pictured my dream bar to be.

So, let's try to keep this topic spam free. Try to follow the form I did here.

Being 20 myself (5 months away from hitting Blackjack) I am not at liberty to discuss that my favorite pub is a little place called Vino's in Little Rock. I can tell you however that the brewery itself was the first to open up in the state of Arkansas. Again I cannot tell you the wild variety in beer itself in this place, and how good the original brewskies are.

You did not hear this from me. And these pictures may have came from there...

whidbey%20vino%20amore.jpg

web-vinos1.jpg

707592022_4b0c42b6a8.jpg

Yes, it's no sports bar in any shape. But I have heard it plays very good bands live...and their pizza is just my God epic:

vinos_pc_pizza3.jpg

Definitely a man's pizza.

Vino's is somewhat quaint especially in the day time (so I've heard..) but Night time man is quite literally the right time (again, so I've heard...)

vinosbeer.jpg

Mark of Excellence...not that I would know anything about that...yeah..

*suspicious look*

My favorite bar by far in Des Moines, is a little place called the Hessen Haus. It is a German bar and as you could guess serves primarily German beer and food. It's a replication of an old time bier hall from an actual place in Germany. They have very reasonable prices on all the food and beverage, especially considering it's mostly all imported beer actually from German, Switzerland, Austria, etc.. Primarily Germany. Every year they host Oktoberfest and it's a tanked blast. On any given night you could go there are hear some live music, more than likely polka, but hey it's music and it's live. The atmosphere is very welcoming, and the service is good. The beer is the best in the world, literally, and the food is nothing short of amazing. I am not exactly good at posting videos and pictures so I will provide you a link and you can check out some pictures and so on at the website.

http://www.hessenhaus.com/the_wall.php

I live in a small town with a population of 22,000 residences. In the downtown area of the city is The Keystorm Pub.

I'm 23 but am completely over the dance club scene and would much rather have a relaxing pint in a friendly, laid back environment.

In the early 1900s, The Keystorm was home to the Brockville Trust Bank. Much of the bank's look is still in place at the pub including the bank's old original vault which is now used as the pub's chiller.

The food is incredible. The wings and nachos are easily the best I have ever had, and I often will go to pubs anywhere I go to enjoy a good meal.

The waitresses are the best looking in town, very friendly, down to earth and extremely knowledgeable in the proper pour for each beer on tap.

On Friday and Saturday nights, they often have live music and it is often some of the best music I have ever witnessed. My favorite is Marc Charron, who sings both original songs as well as covers that gets the whole place singing along with him. He is talented to play both the drums and guitar at the same time. Check him out on youtube.

It doesn't matter if you are going for a bite for lunch or planning on closing out the pub with your friends, The Keystorm Pubis always a friendly and positive environment and an enjoyable experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back