Let's Get It Out Of The Way

Wildcat66

Mastermind of ATV
Unless if there happens to be a last moment change of plans, Roman Reigns is going to be facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 34. That has been the plan for months now and I see no signs of it changing.

And honestly, I think it's time to just get it over with. It's clear WWE has wanted to do this since WrestleMania 31, and this time: It looks like there's no budging them. If they want to do it, let them. Get it out of the system and have hem have their big epic match where Roman slays the Beast.

Am I saying that you shouldn't be disappointed or upset about this possibility, absolutely not. You should be free to feel whatever you want on this situation; but in the end, there are some things that are inevitable and sometimes all but unavoidable. This is one of those times.

On the plus side: If they do this match at WrestleMania 34, they'll likely never have them fight again; so there's that.

What the WWE wants to do, and what the WWE Universe wants to see, can very well be 2 different things. That has always been the case since the beginning. With WWE's 50 / 50 booking, I agree with them half the time. They should do something a little more creative. How about this??

Triple Threat Elimination WWE Universal Championship Title match
WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. the Undertaker

I’d have the Undertaker pin both Lesnar and Reigns to get his WrestleMania loses back, and on the following Raw, retire as Universal Champion.

Unless if there happens to be a last moment change of plans, Roman Reigns is going to be facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 34. That has been the plan for months now and I see no signs of it changing.

And honestly, I think it's time to just get it over with. It's clear WWE has wanted to do this since WrestleMania 31, and this time: It looks like there's no budging them. If they want to do it, let them. Get it out of the system and have hem have their big epic match where Roman slays the Beast.

Am I saying that you shouldn't be disappointed or upset about this possibility, absolutely not. You should be free to feel whatever you want on this situation; but in the end, there are some things that are inevitable and sometimes all but unavoidable. This is one of those times.

On the plus side: If they do this match at WrestleMania 34, they'll likely never have them fight again; so there's that.

Pretty much this, I haven't personally watched WWE in nearly two years because of the direction the company is taking, but I wish they'd just get this shit over with. I mean it ultimately don't mean fuck anyway since they de facto gave Goldberg the streak rub by having him be the first one to beat Lesnar (in a squash, no less)

I mean who really cares if Roman becomes the 'second ever guy' to beat Lesnar? :shrug:

I mean who really cares if Roman becomes the 'second ever guy' to beat Lesnar? :shrug:

Well, technically he'd be t he fifth seeing as how Cena, Triple H and Undertaker all hold wins over him. In the case of Cena and Triple H, it was during the time before this formula of invincibility was adopted; what I mean by that is those matches happened before Lesnar was being fed modern stars in what amounted to squash matches. In Taker's case, it came about because he's Taker and even then, the victory was marred due to Taker tapping out and then delivering a low blow to Lesnar.

Vince McMahon, if nobody else, is dead set on making Roman Reigns as close to being the next John Cena as he possibly can. That means that it's going to happen even if every other executive was against it and no matter if the entire locker room is against it; despite WWE being a publicly traded company, Vince McMahon is really the only person in the company with real power and he's structured the company's corporate workings just for that purpose. He wants Roman Reigns to be the true, bottom line top guy in the company and he will as long as he remains healthy, doesn't do/say anything to embarrass the company and/or as long as Vince is still CEO.

If we're going to get competitive matches for the Universal Championship right up until Lesnar drops it, then that makes the whole thing a lot easier for me. It wasn't watching Lesnar win against all these modern guys that bothered me so much as it was Lesnar flat out destroying them as though they were no threat whatsoever that got my goat. If they keep going with Lesnar actually having to strive and struggle to retain the title, then I can live with him holding it until WrestleMania but if they wind up reverting to form, then I'll stop watching Lesnar title matches.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did revert to form with Lesnar as a means of making Reigns' victory seem all that more monumental. It's common knowledge how much Vince loves alpha male booking scenarios, so having Lesnar go back to destroying his challengers without ever really looking vulnerable just so Reigns can come out on top is something I could see happening. Next week, Reigns faces Miz for the IC title and I can see Reigns winning the title and holding it just so Vince can have him make history as the first simultaneous Universal and Intercontinental Champion.

I have a feeling Vince is going to go all out in order to make Reigns' eventual triumph look like something epic but that it won't come off that way in the eyes of most people. An epic moment was Bryan's triumph at WrestleMania XXX, an epic moment is Taker, Triple H and & HBK embracing after the HIAC match at WrestleMania XXVIII. These are moments in which many fans were thinking along the lines of "OMG, that was amazing!!!" In the case of Roman's eventual conquest of the Beast, I'd say the sentiment is more "Well, it's gonna happen so that's all there is to it."

Does it matter? It'll be the last match of a 6 hour plus card. Everybody will have switched off by then. It's not it'll finish and then something monumental will happen, like Undertaker laying his attire in the ring, to pull people back for the close of the show.

Personally, i don't mind that match as the main event at mania like so many other do because i actually like their match a couple of years back and now that Reigns as gotten better in the ring and on the mic, i'm really intrigue about how good this match can actually be. Plus out of all the option they have for Lesnar at this point, this is the one that makes the most sense because no offense to The smaller guys, but i don'T see Lesnar selling for a finn balor or a seth rollins like he would for somebody like Reigns. Plus the other options they have are either Joe or Strowman and after seeing those matches at great balls of fire and no mercy respectively, i not really interested in seeing a rematch with either one.

The only thing i would do maybe different if i was WWE is have Reigns be part of the Shield before going after Lesnar for the title. Those three we're always more popular as a faction then as seperate. Have Reigns go one on one with Lesnat and maybe near the end have the shield come out to distract Lesnar and that'S we're reigns spear Lesnar to win the title.

What the WWE wants to do, and what the WWE Universe wants to see, can very well be 2 different things. That has always been the case since the beginning. With WWE's 50 / 50 booking, I agree with them half the time. They should do something a little more creative. How about this??

Triple Threat Elimination WWE Universal Championship Title match
WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. the Undertaker

I’d have the Undertaker pin both Lesnar and Reigns to get his WrestleMania loses back, and on the following Raw, retire as Universal Champion.

That would be so damn good. Have Reigns vs Lesnar happen at Survivor Series or The Rumble. And while they're going for a rematch at Wrestlemania, add Undertaker to the mix.

Well, technically he'd be t he fifth seeing as how Cena, Triple H and Undertaker all hold wins over him. In the case of Cena and Triple H, it was during the time before this formula of invincibility was adopted; what I mean by that is those matches happened before Lesnar was being fed modern stars in what amounted to squash matches. In Taker's case, it came about because he's Taker and even then, the victory was marred due to Taker tapping out and then delivering a low blow to Lesnar.

Vince McMahon, if nobody else, is dead set on making Roman Reigns as close to being the next John Cena as he possibly can. That means that it's going to happen even if every other executive was against it and no matter if the entire locker room is against it; despite WWE being a publicly traded company, Vince McMahon is really the only person in the company with real power and he's structured the company's corporate workings just for that purpose. He wants Roman Reigns to be the true, bottom line top guy in the company and he will as long as he remains healthy, doesn't do/say anything to embarrass the company and/or as long as Vince is still CEO.

If we're going to get competitive matches for the Universal Championship right up until Lesnar drops it, then that makes the whole thing a lot easier for me. It wasn't watching Lesnar win against all these modern guys that bothered me so much as it was Lesnar flat out destroying them as though they were no threat whatsoever that got my goat. If they keep going with Lesnar actually having to strive and struggle to retain the title, then I can live with him holding it until WrestleMania but if they wind up reverting to form, then I'll stop watching Lesnar title matches.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did revert to form with Lesnar as a means of making Reigns' victory seem all that more monumental. It's common knowledge how much Vince loves alpha male booking scenarios, so having Lesnar go back to destroying his challengers without ever really looking vulnerable just so Reigns can come out on top is something I could see happening. Next week, Reigns faces Miz for the IC title and I can see Reigns winning the title and holding it just so Vince can have him make history as the first simultaneous Universal and Intercontinental Champion.

I have a feeling Vince is going to go all out in order to make Reigns' eventual triumph look like something epic but that it won't come off that way in the eyes of most people. An epic moment was Bryan's triumph at WrestleMania XXX, an epic moment is Taker, Triple H and & HBK embracing after the HIAC match at WrestleMania XXVIII. These are moments in which many fans were thinking along the lines of "OMG, that was amazing!!!" In the case of Roman's eventual conquest of the Beast, I'd say the sentiment is more "Well, it's gonna happen so that's all there is to it."

The only epic thing they could do is have Reigns squash Lesnar. But that's already happened with Goldberg so Reigns will just have to face and overcome Lesnar now and the finale will be an OK Wrestlemania moment. Something like Cena vs Batista from WM 26.

The only epic thing they could do is have Reigns squash Lesnar. But that's already happened with Goldberg so Reigns will just have to face and overcome Lesnar now and the finale will be an OK Wrestlemania moment. Something like Cena vs Batista from WM 26.

Well yeah, but they can easily spin that just as they sorta tried to do during the Lesnar vs. Strowman match at No Mercy. At one point, while Lesnar was being dominated, Cole brought up that only Goldberg had been this dominant against Lesnar but said something to the effect that it was more to do with Lesnar being surprised and unprepared. That wasn't exactly what Cole said, but it was along those lines; they didn't come right out and claim Goldberg's win was a fluke but it was kinda sorta implied.

Next week, Reigns faces Miz for the IC title and I can see Reigns winning the title and holding it just so Vince can have him make history as the first simultaneous Universal and Intercontinental Champion.

I don't see this happening at all.

I see Miz looking like he'll lose, Miztourage beating down Reigns, to set up Miz & Miztourage vs. The Shield at TLC.

Personally I'd rather see someone else beat Lesnar, Strowman for example, but I guess they have to give Reigns the rub. Beating Cena, HHH and retiring the Undertaker wasn't enough I suppose, that's just me though.

So bring on Mania. Let Reigns main event his 4th in a row, beat Lesnar and then he can, as I've said before become champ forever. That will make his fans deliriously happy and the rest of us can just ignore him. as I already do.

It's been a waste of a year as far as I'm concerned with Lesnar holding the title just waiting for this to happen. I'm tired of it and have been for a long time. Would rather see someone else get the opportunity as I find Reigns as about as exciting as watching paint dry, but again that's just me. It will be interesting to see how the ratings fare when he does get the title again. They didn't do so well the last time.

Personally I'd rather see someone else beat Lesnar, Strowman for example, but I guess they have to give Reigns the rub. Beating Cena, HHH and retiring the Undertaker wasn't enough I suppose, that's just me though.

So bring on Mania. Let Reigns main event his 4th in a row, beat Lesnar and then he can, as I've said before become champ forever. That will make his fans deliriously happy and the rest of us can just ignore him. as I already do.

It's been a waste of a year as far as I'm concerned with Lesnar holding the title just waiting for this to happen. I'm tired of it and have been for a long time. Would rather see someone else get the opportunity as I find Reigns as about as exciting as watching paint dry, but again that's just me. It will be interesting to see how the ratings fare when he does get the title again. They didn't do so well the last time.

But to be fair, the ratings haven't been doig wll for a while now, they weren't great when owens was champion either and before the brand split, seth rollins didn't bring the ratings up either. What I'm saying is that you can't blame reigns for bad ratings. Blame the people who are booking te show every week.

Personally, I can't stand watching raw on a weekly bases because I find pretty much everybody on the roster boring. The only bright spot for me are reigns and strowman which I think are the only 2 that stands out as actual main event talent right now. Everybody else are just their to fill time, so I rather pvr the show and skip through everything I don't like then watch the show live every week btu that just me.

Also right ow, I rather see reigns beat lesnar rather then strowman because after the disaster that was their no mercy match, I really don't want to see that match again. I rather see reigns beat lesnar for the title and then lose it to strowman because at less, you will get 2 entertaining matches out of it instead of oe trainweck and one good mach.

I understand I'm in the overwhelming minority here, but I'm looking forward to it. If they can replicate their first match, which blew away expectations (granted the expectations were historically low) I'm all for it.

The real problem here is that, far too many people know this is the plan. This isn't just something that the hardcore fans that read the dirtsheets know, loads of casuals know that this is going to be the plan. As more and more months go by it becomes increasingly obvious, and as a result it takes away from your current product. It's the main reason why I think the Staples Center crowd was so dis-interested in the match between Lesnar and Strowman, it could've been a better match sure, but a large majority of people in that audience knows what they're doing for WrestleMania. There's no intrigue when Brock Lesnar defends his championship, because we know the result.
We think MAYBE they'll change things because Joe is getting more over, Strowman is getting more over, but it's just hope that they go with something else and nothing more.

I can't speak for everybody, but there is a part of me that feels that the actual match itself isn't what's annoying and angering people, it's the fact that, with WWE not willing to throw a curveball, a lot of things on the RAW side from now until WrestleMania are already spoiled.

It's still quite a while to wait for this pretty much inevitable match to happen; Reigns vs Lesnar for the Universal Championship, and that may hurt a lot of other talent along the way.

The concerning thing was if it is true, Vince wants Lesnar and Reigns to look super unbeatable and strong between now and their WrestleMania match. What is the business point of that?

Lesnar will likely be done with WWE after he loses to Reigns at WrestleMania and Reigns stands tall as this "ultimate super top dog" position. But then what?

Who is he supposed to face? Everyone else on the roster is supposedly a chump compared to him now? If they built him up like a beast (or beast-slayer) then any other "regular" talent on the roster shouldn't be able to get anywhere near defeating him. That won't make for good TV.

Of course, WWE just gets around it by just one day letting someone beat Reigns and he starts to become normal again. But it seems like a really strange way to try to keep people engaged in the product.

I don't know but maybe WWE has found business was great with all those Super Cena years especially with the kids who love anyone who wins all the time. Now Vince wants another guy who wins all the time and I guess that's Vince's recipe for success despite how it means a lot of other talent get their credibility and value hurt along the way.

But yeah.... let's just all brace ourselves and accept this match is going to happen, it will hurt certain talents along the way and ultimately lead a not-very-surprising WrestleMania main event result, but at least it should be over.

When I first read the report that Reigns/Lesnar II was all but punched in as the main event of Mania 34 like, a day after Mania 33, I just assumed that was Vince's plan at that point and that shit would ultimately change later down the line as it nearly always does. But as the months go by, it seems pretty much inevitable at this point, which sucks. It doesn't suck because I hate Roman Reigns. It doesn't suck because I think the match will be terrible. Basically, as others have pointed out, it sucks because from now until Mania, there's absolutely no intrigue in the Universal title picture.

Lesnar, while having much more competitive matches as of late, is still running through the top stars of the Raw brand so he can look unstoppable until Reigns beats him. We've seen that story, and up until the actual match, it was extremely boring. This is also extremely boring. As a fan, I couldn't care less if Lesnar and Reigns are the top merch sellers or draws or whatever, and while I do understand that WWE is a business, that doesn't mean they have to make the main event picture on Raw as dry as a nun's vagina. If you want to have Reigns/Lesnar main event Mania 34, that's fine. I'm cool with that. The damn match is going to go on seven hours in, so 95% of the audience will be burned out by then anyway. But a little intrigue would be welcome.

At the end of the day, Lesnar/Reigns is going to happen, which is honestly fine. I just wish WWE would at least try to put a little bit of doubt into our minds or, god forbid, throw a swerve into the mix. They had their best chance to do that with Strowman, and they decided to stick with the plan and stay on the long and boring road to April. And that sucks.

It's still quite a while to wait for this pretty much inevitable match to happen; Reigns vs Lesnar for the Universal Championship, and that may hurt a lot of other talent along the way.

The concerning thing was if it is true, Vince wants Lesnar and Reigns to look super unbeatable and strong between now and their WrestleMania match. What is the business point of that?

Lesnar will likely be done with WWE after he loses to Reigns at WrestleMania and Reigns stands tall as this "ultimate super top dog" position. But then what?

Who is he supposed to face? Everyone else on the roster is supposedly a chump compared to him now? If they built him up like a beast (or beast-slayer) then any other "regular" talent on the roster shouldn't be able to get anywhere near defeating him. That won't make for good TV.

Of course, WWE just gets around it by just one day letting someone beat Reigns and he starts to become normal again. But it seems like a really strange way to try to keep people engaged in the product.

I don't know but maybe WWE has found business was great with all those Super Cena years especially with the kids who love anyone who wins all the time. Now Vince wants another guy who wins all the time and I guess that's Vince's recipe for success despite how it means a lot of other talent get their credibility and value hurt along the way.

But yeah.... let's just all brace ourselves and accept this match is going to happen, it will hurt certain talents along the way and ultimately lead a not-very-surprising WrestleMania main event result, but at least it should be over.

i think right now Vince and HHH (yes i'm including HHH in the process) are more concern in finding a replacement for Cena that can replace him for a long time especially with kids. It's o.k. fans would love that guys like Finn balor, Samoa Joe or other indy guys gets that spot but let's be realistic here, some of those guys aren't spring chicken anymore and with all the crazy bump they took on the indy's, they're a pretty good chance they they're near the end of the careers and couldn't physically do the schedule that Cena does because that'S a really hard schedule to do. So they are looking for somebody that can last a while and Reigns fit that description right now.

The only other guy that i could see be able to get at the same level as reigns is Braun Strowman the only problem with this and they prove it at no mercy is that the guy isn't ready yet. When you're able to pull off a great match with Lesnar you can do pretty much anything because it's really hard to get a great match with Lesnar especally a single match.

In the end they are looking more into the future of the WWE instead of the right now which i think it'S been a while since they did that. It might not please some WWE fans that Reigns is the chosen one but at the same time right now they need somebody to replace Cena and they really don't have anybody outside of Reigns that can take is place an go on that crazy schedule that WWE is giving their top guys. So might as well try to give reigns a big push going into mania season and same goes for Lesnar anyway when Reigns beats Lesnar whoever get that spot of beating Reigns for the title will get a mega rub out of it so they might be sacrificing some guys now but later on those guys will get the rub from this.

It's pretty simple. Give me a reason to watch Brock Lesnar Vs. Roman Reigns. Make me care about Roman Reigns. He's No. 1 in merchandise but that won't make me care for him. I'm here to be entertained. That stat won't entertain me. I'm happy that those people care for him. Don't make me think that there are just Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns above everyone. Don't make me believe that Roman Reigns can defeat each and every one of them. If he isn't the best, don't show him as the best. That's all.

Their first Wrestlemania match was fantastic. I don't mind rematches if they can deliver. This one should be more even, and Roman will more than likely win.

I understand "smart" fans hate Reigns, but this is the biggest drawing match they can possibly do.

As Nick stated, their first match was awesome. I have no problem with this match happening again even if I am one of maybe 2 people on the planet. Yeah I don't like the fact that we pretty much knew it would be happening since this years WrestleMania but it is what it is. They can always throw a curveball in at the last minute or someone could get injured, anything can happen in wrestling at any given time. Maybe Lesnar resigns last minute again and goes over? Who knows.

I really think Cena vs Undertaker will happen at Mania next year. I know Taker had a great exit but the fact they haven't officially announced his retirement could be because they are leaving doors open for this match. Maybe storyline wise he says he's done, but Cena can call him out saying "no you're not, I know there's one more match left in you and I want it". If so this can easily be the headlining match over Lesnar vs Reigns so the Stadium doesn't throw a bitch fit.

Roman Reigns has:

- Defeated Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Triple H, AJ Styles, and John Cena clean.
- Retired the Undertaker.
- Headlined WrestleMania three years in a row.

Don't forget Royal Rumble 2015, where the entire was made to look like crap just to get Reigns over. And the Rock endorsed him.

So yes Reigns is the guy and the biggest full-time draw, but he doesn't deserved to be pushed this hard and no one does.

Everything in WWE over the last three years means nothing because Reigns was gonna dethrone Lesnar the entire time.

Roman Reigns has:

Don't forget Royal Rumble 2015, where the entire was made to look like crap just to get Reigns over. And the Rock endorsed him.

So yes Reigns is the guy and the biggest full-time draw, but he doesn't deserved to be pushed this hard and no one does.

Everything in WWE over the last three years means nothing because Reigns was gonna dethrone Lesnar the entire time.

And it will continue until the majority of fans cheer Reigns when his music starts playing. Considering it's been three years since the start of this push, and they still aren't cheering, God only knows how much longer it will take.

Once he beats Lesnar at Mania in New Orleans, I have no idea what else they can do, as they've pretty much done everything. The only thing I can think of is to reform the Shield. As a former Shield mark I don't know how I would feel if it's just being done to get Reigns over. The Shield should reform but only for the right reasons, that to me isn't one of them.

And it will continue until the majority of fans cheer Reigns when his music starts playing. Considering it's been three years since the start of this push, and they still aren't cheering, God only knows how much longer it will take.

Once he beats Lesnar at Mania in New Orleans, I have no idea what else they can do, as they've pretty much done everything. The only thing I can think of is to reform the Shield. As a former Shield mark I don't know how I would feel if it's just being done to get Reigns over. The Shield should reform but only for the right reasons, that to me isn't one of them.

It really doesn't matter if the fans cheer when reigns music hits, their alot of wrestlers that gets that (cough cough bray wyatt) and then they get no reaction during the match and he's able to get tha reaction during the match and that what's the most important.

Like it or not, when he hit the superman punch or the spear, he gets a huge reaction everytime. When he gets beat up, he gets what his considered the john cena babyface chant we're part of the audience like him and part hate him.

Sadly, for those that don't care about him and I respected you're opinion, he the biggest draw they have right now unless they put back the shield together full time, so on business side, it would be stupid not to push him,

Roman Reigns has:

You really can't have a rub like that but still be disliked by the fans.

Actually I do see a quality in Roman Reigns that can make him as top guy but he isn't or shouldn't do it as babyface.

Roman Reigns should be an arrogant and egotistical superstar of an athlete. Similar to Lebron James, Tom Brady, and Floyd Mayweather these are Superstar athletes that most of the public don't actually like or even hate but would always tune in because they are huge stars.

The WWE and Roman Reigns should just embrace the hate. Don't exactly make him a heel but make him real. Let Roman Reigns become an arrogant douche bag (since he kind of is in his interviews) if fans boo him let him call them out to get heat, if fans cheer for him let him embrace them.

Also he need to drop his Shield gimmick and outfit. After he beat the Undertaker he should have come out with a custom made suit, came out acting like a "I am better than everyone" superstar, act like a big deal even if the fans will hate you for it.

I think that's where the money is with Reigns. Stop pandering to the fans and just do his thing.

The sooner they get this over with, the better. I wanted them to get it over and done with at Summerslam. It's not fair to the other deserving main event level guys to be stuck for an entire year just so Roman Reigns can get YET ANOTHER unnecessary "crowning achievement". They could still do it without the Universal Championship. Strowman should have won at No Mercy, heck Joe could have won at Great Balls Of Fire. This nonsense of Lesnar holding the title hostage just so Reigns can "save us" is one of the worst ideas WWE has had in recent memory. Quite simply, the red brand's main event tier is going to suck this entire schoolyear due to none of them having anything relevant to do. Thanks goodness we still have Raw's women's division and the tag team division to watch. And Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back