Kurt Angle's Big Reveal

Jason Jordan: Yay or Nay?

• Yay

• Nay

• Meh

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am not sure on any three of the options. A Steph/Angle affair (or even an affair with anyone else) will throw us back into an Attitude Era scenario and risky to put on TV when the market right now is PG/PG-14 to appeal to the younger kids. If they decide to go this route and abandon the PG era for a new attitude era, I expect Cena to turn heel. Both scenarios. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. The illegitimate child can't be bought. Honestly the WWE Universe is too smart for that. It has been done. It failed. Don't do it again. A Dixie appearance is the only scenario to even come close but for what purpose? She has no power and Angle has no authority to give her power. She also has no character. We learned that with TNA. Not great on the microphone. She wanted to be liked more than hated and everyone hated her for even showing her face in a ring. However, while Vince is getting old and out of touch, he is good at building characters. It was a highlight of how Angle came to be. I think Vince could mold her to make her have better presence in the ring but it is so highly unlikely. That basically would say Vince has acknowledged TNA for the longest time as competition which they weren't. It was different when Eric Bischoff appeared.

I think the "I Love You" is all a swerve. It could very well be some sort of an invasion angle but I don't think it would be using TNA superstars. I would rather see Kurt lead in a bunch of NXT superstars knowing that he is taking the risk of pissing off Vince and getting fired which could ruin him.

So it seemed like Corey Graves had some piece of scandalous information for Kurt, and Kurt sad that if it's true it could ruin him.

Maybe Corey found out that Kurt is actually the biological father of one of Triple H and Stephanie's kids, meaning he had an affair with Stephanie several years ago. Stephane obviously denies this. Triple H comes back and he's fucking furious at Angle, so Angle gets fired from his job as the GM and Triple H wants to fight him at SummerSlam. Since Graves was the one who brought the truth to light, Triple H names him the new GM of RAW.

So we get Triple H vs. Kurt Angle in an Unsanctioned Fight at SummerSlam, because WWE wants to do this match for some reason (to feed somebody to Triple H). However, we later find out that Corey forged the evidence and made the story up. It was FAKE NEWS. Angle isn't really the father of Steph's kid and it was all Corey's master plan for Angle to lose his job and Graves to take his place. Graves cooked up a scheme in order to seize power. It's almost like a Game of THrones kind of scenario, and since GoT just returned to TV I can see WWE wanting to be relevant or topical or whatever.

Whatever it is, I'm glad that WWE is actually doing an interesting angle that builds from week to week and gets people talking. This is the kind of storytelling you need in wrestling. It doesn't have to be stupid or ridiculous, but you need hooks to intrigue your audience. It can't just be match after match with no purpose. Discussions like this are fun and get you looking forward to next week's show.

Well, that could have been a lot worse. I have to say I was not expecting Jason Jordan. I had my concerns that it would be an affair storyline with Stephanie and I am glad they did not go this route. Dixie would have been infinitely worse. I was predicting Gable would be revealed as Kurt's son and I'm sure I'm not alone. Hopefully this leads to big things for Jason Jordan. As for Gable, he'll be fine in a solo run over on Smackdown.

1. At least AA got a great run (not)

2. I said the very first time Jason Jordan was on WWE TV that he was the future

3. Unfortunately, I cant think of any angle like this that has ever worked

I'm going to be optimistic because at least there's potential to create a star here. I've always thought Jason Jordan could be a big time player in wwe, but he lacked character, learning from/working with Kurt could definitely help with that.
Hopefully they were testing the waters with Gable, by having him work with AJ and KO. He did great, and I can easily see him as a strong mid-card player on SD. He shouldn't be tossed aside.

My main concern is Jason Jordan getting lost over on Raw.
He has a long way to go before he even thinks about main eventing, but it's hard to see him on the level of Reigns, Strowman, Joe, Rollins, and Bray. Then the midcard has Miz, Ambrose, and Balor with rising stars like Cass and Elias Samson.
I don't know, but I'm intrigued. I have been longing for wwe to start giving development/storylines to guys outside of title pictures, and they finally are, I can't complain.

My initial reaction is a positive one. When Angle's story of dating a woman in college began, things quickly fell into place in my noggin and I immediately thought that Angle was gonna reveal that he had an illegitimate child and once Angle confirmed that, Jason Jordon was the first name that immediately sprung to mind. When I first saw Jordan in NXT, I noticed that he did bear a genuinely good resemblance to Kurt Angle in both his mannerisms and in just the general features of his face. He continued to remind me of Angle inside the ring as his style was quite similar. I'm assuming more will be revealed and this storyline will be fleshed out in the coming weeks, which works for me because they've done a good job of keeping me intrigued thus far.

As to where this goes, I dunno as I think it's fair to say that most of us were expecting some sort of extramarital affair with either Stephanie McMahon or Dixie Carter and I'm very glad it didn't turn out to be either of those situations. For one, MAYBE this means it won't be Angle vs. Triple H since Stephanie isn't involved; hell, I'd rather see Triple H take on Jason Jordan than see another Attitude Era feud rehashed. For another, I'm glad it wasn't Dixie Carter as there's no reason whatsoever for her to be involved in any way, shape or form with any sort of WWE storyline. Wrestling insiders, fans, wrestlers and writers have spent the better part of 15 years complaining about Dixie Carter and she's dead weight that WWE doesn't need.

My initial reaction is a positive one. When Angle's story of dating a woman in college began, things quickly fell into place in my noggin and I immediately thought that Angle was gonna reveal that he had an illegitimate child and once Angle confirmed that, Jason Jordon was the first name that immediately sprung to mind. When I first saw Jordan in NXT, I noticed that he did have bear a genuinely good resemblance to Kurt Angle in both his mannerisms and in just the general features of his face. He continued to remind me of Angle inside the ring as his style was quite similar. I'm assuming more will be revealed and this storyline will be fleshed out in the coming weeks, which works for me because they've done a good job of keeping me intrigued thus far.

As to where this goes, I dunno as I think it's fair to say that most of us were expecting some sort of extramarital affair with either Stephanie McMahon or Dixie Carter and I'm very glad it didn't turn out to be either of those situations. For one, MAYBE this means it won't be Angle vs. Triple H since Stephanie isn't involved; hell, I'd rather see Triple H take on Jason Jordan than see another Attitude Era feud rehashed. For another, I'm glad it wasn't Dixie Carter as there's no reason whatsoever for her to be involved in any way, shape or form with any sort of WWE storyline. Wrestling insiders, fans, wrestlers and writers have spent the better part of 15 years complaining about Dixie Carter and she's dead weight that WWE doesn't need.
HHH vs Jason Jordan sounds like an awesome match waiting to happen.

My opinion: I have to say, I think this was the best possible option. There was no affair revealed, for one thing; which was a relief. Jason Jordan being the guy that got the endorsement from Kurt is huge for his career and the best part of it is there are so many ways to go about it. You could make him a do-good wholesome babyface who's trying to make his father proud, or you could make him a douchebag heel who gets unfair advantages. (I would pay to see that)

In any case: I see Jason doing very well for himself, and I even picture him in the world title scene by sometime next year if not sooner. As for Chad? I can imagine he's going to be fine. He's got a great look and he's a good worker, I think he'd fit in as SmackDown's answer to Seth Rollins. And it's not like their breaking up forever, there's always a chance they can reunite one day.

So yeah, I'd say this was a win-win situation. You avoid a potential disaster of an angle and now have a chance to create not one but two potential mega-stars.

Well friends, it's been made official. Last night, we learned that Jason Jordan was the son of Kurt Angle. Jason Jordan as we've known for a while is a member of American Alpha, or at least he was until last night.

My Opinion: Good for him. Getting a rub from Kurt Angle is huge for any aspiring wrestler, and this is no different. It also helps that Jason is quite good in the ring, he's clearly shown talent not just in NXT but in SmackDown as well.

So what does his future hold? Personally, I think it's always been rather bright; but now that we know that he's Angle's own son, I have a feeling it just got a whole lot brighter. Looking from a bird's eye view, I could easily slot him in a main event run by at least mid 2018, if not sooner. But let's not write it out in stone just yet, there's always the chance something goes wrong and it turns out to be a bust.

But overall, I have a feeling that Jason is going to do very well on RAW; but we will find out for certain in the weeks to come.

I like it. And its been a while, I miss sports entertainment stuff man. The wrestling has been stupendous but its wacky angles like these that complete the bouquet.

Jason Jordan is a beast, and if you want to groom the next suplex machine by all means, Jason is your man. I hope it stays a little wacky with Angle training Jason and I think this can go places.

Also, Kurt Angle is the new Ric Flair, Jesus what a water show at the drop of a hat!

It's very difficult to pull off a fake long lost relative storyline these days and make the fans believe it. Anyone can Google Jason Jordan and find out he's not Angle's son or related to him at all. Gable would been more believable because he's white and resembles Kurt some what. They're going to hire a 40+ year old black actress to play Jordan's fake mother.
I'll try to keep an open mind and as others said this is a great opportunity push Jason Jordan and have him get the rub from Angle. But I have my doubts and it looks like this story line is going to flop and do permanent damage to Jason Jordan's career.

I thought it was going to be Chad Gabble honestly. And that's sort of what throws me for a loop. Out of the American Alpha, Chad's the one with an actual Olympic wrestling background, and he's closer to Kurt's size. But that's just it isn't it? Jason's bigger. Noticeably bigger than Kurt, which makes the idea that he's his father all the more laughable. Kurt must have hooked up with black Wonder Woman. But this is still the land of the giants, even with the shift in talent relations giving smaller guys a better chance. That's why he was picked. I wish him luck. But I can't help but feel meh. Maybe it's because I was so close, but not quite right about the mystery and I'm a salty, bitter, sad man.

Still, I think it's a good opportunity for him, it's a big story line- and it may very well bring about a new main eventer. And that's always a good thing.

Admittedly, at first I was just shouting "no" at the screen because the reality is that nobody is going to believe this. But when Jason Jordan appeared, I genuinely think that they could pull this off. Obviously, they can't go back so many years and actually change the events of his real birth, but this sort of storyline has been lacking so much for years and actually it's something that we as fans should embrace as an old school, crazy ass angle that requires us to suspend our disbelief for the sake of what could be an adventurous storyline. It gives Kurt Angle something solid to do and Jason Jordan a spotlight that honestly he does deserve. The only negative here is that American Alpha, I assume, are no more. Perhaps that is why they have been testing Chad Gable as a singles star recently, but who knows?

Now I have no idea where this is going at all, which is also a very good thing. A lack of predictability is beneficial to any angle because it means that you have to remain engaged, and you can't say that about many storylines in recent years. Hopefully it shuts up some of the cynics too. I've read that some people think that this might end up being a big ruse to fool Angle and thus allow the return of Stephanie McMahon and Triple H to retain power of Raw. Honestly, I think that is incredibly dumb. I don't want to see a power struggle again, but then again, I can't see a way in which this storyline ends up with Angle and Jordan as forever happily father and son. It might, but right now I think that is probably the unlikely outcome. We shall see I guess, but I'm excited for what is to come. I'm especially excited that nobody really saw this coming and that a fresh, young star is going to get some good exposure from this. It doesn't matter what happens from here because Jason Jordan will now be remembered. Well, unless this completely sucks. But I have my hopes.

Well, I can say, clearly couldn't care less about this, heh, "angle".

Keyfabe is dead in the 21st century, this sort of crap is worse than wcws later days.

As a 25+ year fan of the WWE product, I need something real to get me engaged. Look at Hbk in Montreal 2005, cm Punk at Paul Bearers tribute, the pipe bomb, Matt Hardy VS Edge, Bryan's rl suspension and return, complete with a thank fuck for that mark out moment at wrestle mania, It's gotta have a legit back story to get me engaged as a fan.

This is a waste to me as a simple Google search, hell, ask siri if you want, and you can tell its not real.

The I love you changed my thinking with this. My scenario is....and ties in to Corey Graves being involved with his NXT roots.
What if Kurt Angle was talking to "his son", a child he didn't know about, and when WWE were doing their research for the 24 special, it is revealed he had an affair back in 1996. Sure there's a 20-21yo talent on the roster who is a great athlete who could kayfabe be Kurt Angle's illegitimate child. I don't see in this PG era that they would conceivably run a storyline that Kurt Angle was secretly sleeping with Stephanie McMahon. Why would Trips wait until Raw or Summerslam to do anything??? They would just throw Angle out of WWE. So the storyline needs to be believable, not a way to rush the Helmsleys back 5 weeks before a 6 figure payday.
Yes, I am tipping that the secret is Kurt Angle's illegitimate child will be the reveal, revealed by the McMahon's, AND this child is currently under WWE contract

Pretty much spot on with my prediction

I don't know where this is going to be honest. It certainly adds a spotlight over Jason Jordan and the American Alpha. But Jason just sold out Smackdown! Bryan and Shane won't let this pass. I'm wondering if this sets up a match between RAW and SD at Summerslam.

Angle/Corey/Jason vs Shane/Bryan/Chad? Nah. That's too lame. But they just split AA and that sucks. Smackdown needs tag teams!!!

Why not? I mean I also thought Chad Gable would be the reveal, with his Olympic background. But maybe Jordan needs the rub more. They see him as a big time player, I can only hope he turns heel and is just as arrogant and cheesy as Kurt was in 1999-2001. How they go about Jordan getting a push without being viewed as nepotism will be interesting

I feel like this was a swerve for the sake of a swerve. Mostly everybody was reporting that this was either something to do with dixie carter or chad gable, so to create so sort of buzz, they decided to put the other member of american alpha in this spot which got receive as well as a fart in church.

I'm still curious to see if jason jordan is able to shine as a single especially in this spot. Maybe he will surprise me and actually get some charisma and shine in this role, but I doubt it. Jordan never was great on his own, that's why he was put in a tag team in nxt. At less, it's something for him to do but they are setting him up to fail which is sad.

I said it last night on the LD, this could have turned out to be a lot worse and the reveal that Angle had an illegitimate son in Jason Jordan was better than most of the crap that they could have come up with. At the very least, they've put the focus on a young wrestler who can benefit from the exposure; thankfully this hasn't all just led to an angle surrounding Angle, HHH, and Steph like most people thought it would. There seems to be an actual long-term payoff from this rather than just setting up a match between two near 50 year olds, which is all good in my book.

Some people were going to shit on this no matter what. The reveal could have been pretty much anything and it would have gotten mixed reviews as that's usually the nature of the beast when it comes to these sort of angles. But I love the soap-opera aspects of wrestling and I feel like they have been sorely missing from WWE and wrestling in general over the past few years. Is it believable? Eh, I guess not if you actually, truly care enough to search out Jason Jordan's parentage just for the sake of finding a reason to hate it, but then again, it's like some people forget the inherent silliness that is wrestling. I mean, we're watching people in their underwear fake fight each other over shit that's in no way real. If you want believability, go watch boxing or the UFC.

All in all, I think this was a good choice. While Gable has enough chops to make it on his own, Jordan is going to need a lot of help, development, and polishing to get to where they ultimately want him to be. This likely isn't over so I'm interested to see where they go from here.

This could make or break Jordan. It's up to him from this point on.

Color me underwhelmed. Mostly because I like my idea better and I'm a bitter person who wants to be right all the time, but still color me underwhelmed.

I want Angle back in the ring. This doesn't seem to do that in the short term. Not that I have any idea how this plays out. There are so many directions that it could go. Is this going to turn in to a nepotism story? Do they start a tag team? Seems like a waste of an Angle return but at least it gets him in the ring. Does the mom become a character? Nah. Is one going to turn on the other? Is Jordan just tricking Angle? Does Mick return with proxy to fight for the GM spot?

I've said from the beginning that Jordan has a big upside. Certainly more than Gable. He has some main event level qualities. Attaching him to Angle can only help. I'm not sure how comfortable he is on the mic but he did fine in the acting department last night. Giving him Angle's legacy is a big step in showing us that Vince has a lot invested in this guy. Hopefully he, Angle, and the writers can make the most of it.

I just want Angle back in the ring.

It amazes me how many people look at this as anything but a show. All these "Google search" responses...just marks galore. If you don't like a storyline or wish they had gone a different way with a performer, I get that. But this feeling of "I know he's not really his son, so I can't like it" just comes off as so ignorant. I know wrestling is not the same as TV shows and movies...but it's not as different as a lot of you would like to believe. I mean holy hell, guys, we're talking about Kurt Angle dating a woman in his past, not knowing he knocked her up, and only finding out he has an illegitimate child...once the illegitimate child is under WWE contract. And you need a REALISTIC person to play this role? ...someone a Google search can't prove is not his actual illegitimate child??? I mean this is laughable. And don't dare throw suspension of disbelief at me.

I am thinking back to Kane's debut, which I thought was done really well. If someone I was watching with even mentioned the idea of going to the internet to look up if Undertaker had a brother, I would have torn him to shreds. Like I said, if you don't like the way the story is going, fine. If you are disappointed it didn't go the way you hoped, fine. But to get upset because a friggin Google search ends the possibility of this being real...haha, my God. I know I already used laughable, but it is the perfect word. I cannot believe the reactions. I guess thanks for the chuckle...

I am not a fan of this story at all....not that i'm against the idea that Jordan is Kurt's son...that is actually an intersting idea...dont know if it's a good one, but i'll give it time...my hatred of this story is more for WWE Tag Teams. First they split the Golden Truth up and i enjoyed that, then it was time to break up Enzo and Cass...RAW's tag team division consists of the Hardys (strong faces), the Revival (great heels), Anderson and Gallows (need a move), Rhyno and Slater (a comedy face team that isnt taken seriously) and finally Sheamus and Cesaro. RAW lacks a face team and could've used American Alpha (both guys, not just one) on the show.

As for Smackdown, they could've used Anderson and Gallows on their show since they lack heels. The Usos are fine, but after that it's just The Ascension. it's looking like they are about to split up Ryder and Mojo...i dont see Harper re-forming with Rowan...WWE needs to build up their tag team division again by adding some talents or forming tag teams.

Ya, there were way worse ideas floating around. Some included Dixie Carter or Stephanie McMahon coming back to have a HHH feud with Kurt. Now Awesome Kong can come back and say her new kid was Kurt' s kid too.

great to see at least some people in here like the gimmick, everyone hates it on the main page comments. What could happen is that Kurt gives special treatment to Jordan, title matches, main events, leading the other raw superstars to be upset making the eventual return of Stephanie

This was definitely the best possible direction they could have gone with. If it was some affair with Dixie Carter...jesus. She was bad in TNA what makes people think she'd be interesting in WWE?

I wouldn't have minded if it was indeed Stephanie, but the fact that this could benefit a younger superstar like Jason Jordan makes me happy that they went with the lovechild instead. Usually a story like this can only go downhill ie Hornswoggle but I'm willing to give it a chance. Finally something to get interested in. When I first saw Jason Jordan, I thought he looked like a young Kurt. It wasn't a big surprise for me not picking Gable, but having this instead of some weird affair makes me pretty happy.

Shame that 2017 is the year tag teams die, though.

Sure why not?

Although he could get lost in the shuffle, Jason Jordan is talented. I'm not exactly sure where Jordan goes now, but I'm willing to give this a chance.

One downside is breaking up American Alpha? WWE has a severe lack of face tag teams. The Hardys are the only face team on Raw. Gable and Jordan would fit right in and could challenge Cesaro and Sheamus, who don't have anyone to feud with.

That aside, this angle could have been a lot worse. An affair angle with Stephanie or Dixie would have been horrible.

So although it wasn't exactly a no-brainer, it was probably the right decision. Jordan may not become a star, but we should all give this a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back