Kurt Angle's Big Reveal

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by Charismatic Enigma, Jul 10, 2017.

?

Jason Jordan: Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

2. Nay

3. Meh

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Charismatic Enigma

Charismatic Enigma Grand Slam Champion

During Raw we saw Kurt tell Corey Graves, something to the effect of this info coming out could ruin his family, etc. At the conclusion of the show, Kurt seems to be coming to terms with whatever it was, on the phone with someone telling whoever was on the other line that he loves them, and "whatever happens happens", so...

What are your predictions for where this goes next week?

I've got two scenarios:

1.) Dixie Carter is now employed by WWE (as an on screen character), and following her being on Kurt's 24 special tonight, she'll be the talk of the wrestling world, so what better way to capitalize on that?

2.) It's revealed that Kurt has been having an affair with Stephanie McMahon, Triple H is naturally enraged, and this leads to them having a match at SummerSlam.

itbewilly likes this.
  2. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

I am willing to bet WWE does a bait and switch reveal with Darren Young. It fits all the segments and will be a shit-your-pants moment....

before its revealed to be Stephanie Mcmahon or some such.

3. itbewilly

itbewilly Pre-Show Stalwart

Lol i made the exact same post almost. just a minute behind you thinking along the same lines. Either a thing with Steph to lead to a match with HHH or Dixie revealed as a character connected in some way to Angle. Have to ask a mod to move or delete it now :X

4. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

It's an interesting storyline and I will definitely make sure to tune in next week. The "I love you" brought things up another notch. The Dixie idea seems farfetched but it gives Vince a chance to put out a character where TNA failed miserably. I think it is more likely going to be a woman that we want more from but doesn't get much screen time like Emma or Dana.

5. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

When I first learned that the plan was for Angle to face Triple H at SummerSlam, or rather that's the reported plan, I immediately figured they'd do something in which the whole romantic tension between Stephanie McMahon and Kurt Angle from the early 2000s would be revisited. Given the way Angle was speaking on the phone tonight, about having nothing to be ashamed of, how all this could cost him his family, and that he wants whomever is on the phone to be there next week when he goes public, it sounds exactly like someone about to reveal an extramarital affair.

Personally, I'd still rather Angle in a match with a fresh face on the roster rather than see another Attitude Era rivalry brought back into the spotlight. I've little doubt it'll be entertaining, I've little doubt it'll be well booked, but I'm more concerned about the here, now & future rather than reliving past glories and nostalgia of the Attitude Era.

If, however, it turns out to be someone completely different, I'm not gonna crap all over it or anything. Hell, it could be the girlfriend/fiancé of some fresher talent on the roster that leads to a match. I highly doubt it but, regardless, it's generated interest for next week along with Reigns vs. Joe in a #1 contender's match.

Charismatic Enigma likes this.
  6. Charismatic Enigma

Charismatic Enigma Grand Slam Champion

I agree completely. I have no interest at all in this match, because we saw it probably 100 times when they were both younger. I'm also a little tired of Triple H being the go to guy to take on legends, I like history being passed down, like when you find that rare match of a then jobber taking on a legend that was near retirement, and a decade later that jobber is the biggest name in the business. It's a way to bridge the eras. Angle needs to take on someone new, I think the ideal candidates (in current storyline) would be Rusev or Jinder, but since they're both on SD that doesn't really work. Looking over the current Raw roster, I think the best option is probably the Miz. They have a tiny bit of history from when Miz was on Tough Enough, but Miz is a safe worker, and good heel foil for Angle. The guy that I think would put on the best match with him is Cesaro, but that might be kind of a reach given current storylines.

7. Aberle4Life

Aberle4Life Occasional Pre-Show

Who I want it to be: AJ Lee, bringing back an enraged CM Punk to wrestle Kurt Angle :lmao:

Who it will be: Stephanie McMahon, bringing back an enraged Triple H to wrestle Kurt Angle :banghead:

Dixie is somewhat interesting, but I don't see WWE making her a character. Obviously, could be wrong about that and she is in the fold with the Angle documentary on the network.

We'll see!

8. George Steele's Barber

New idea. What if it is Renee Young? Ambrose has been knocked down a peg recently so it makes sense to give him something fresh to build himself back up. Maybe even as the heel. Sure Kurt and Renee did a bad thing in my scenario but Ambrose could really become unhinged through all this and be the heel everyone expected him to be three years ago.

I imagine next week that Kurt is in the ring and getting ready to introduce his "lover" only for Stephanie to interrupt. This would throw people off for a second but she would explain that she is only there as his boss and to make judgment on Kurt's "indescretions". Kurt would next welcome out Renee. Stephanie would accept it and welcome it since it screws over Dean. Dean would then come up and lose his shit.

I like this idea. Now I will hate whatever WWE actually does.

9. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost squashed Disco Inferno to become

The safe options would be Steph and then H and yadaiyaa but as Jack said, I don't want another nostalgia match.

Angle could easily go on and face an enraged Joe, a methodical Rollins or well, Id have love to have seen Angle Vs Reigns.

I dunno what this is, better if its Dixie and we have another Ron air personality but ye, not really all that invested unless its a block buster announcement.

Maybe its Linda...

10. Dmbfantomas

Dmbfantomas Bald Billy was Better

Maybe HHH wants to work Kurt first to make sure he's good. Then Kurt can do special matches with current talent.

I don't care about this storyline at all, but neato for Kurt.

11. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

Personally I don't care to see Angle vs HHH again.

There are a lot more fresh matchups such as Rollins, Reigns, Wyatt, etc.

That said, it's probably going to be Stephanie, leading us to Angle vs HHH.

12. Snugglebites

Snugglebites Sufferin' Succotash.

No surprise that Booker is on commentary. It's Sharmell.

13. GOOZEKING

GOOZEKING Getting Noticed By Management

Raw is in Nashville next week, that's where Dixie lives. I hope I'm wrong.

14. Fire Marshall Bill

Fire Marshall Bill Let me show ya somethin!!!

Clearly you are all missing the big swerve. It's going to be Claire Lynch.

15. thebarber

thebarber Mid-Card Championship Winner

The I love you changed my thinking with this. My scenario is....and ties in to Corey Graves being involved with his NXT roots.
    What if Kurt Angle was talking to "his son", a child he didn't know about, and when WWE were doing their research for the 24 special, it is revealed he had an affair back in 1996. Sure there's a 20-21yo talent on the roster who is a great athlete who could kayfabe be Kurt Angle's illegitimate child. I don't see in this PG era that they would conceivably run a storyline that Kurt Angle was secretly sleeping with Stephanie McMahon. Why would Trips wait until Raw or Summerslam to do anything??? They would just throw Angle out of WWE. So the storyline needs to be believable, not a way to rush the Helmsleys back 5 weeks before a 6 figure payday.
    Yes, I am tipping that the secret is Kurt Angle's illegitimate child will be the reveal, revealed by the McMahon's, AND this child is currently under WWE contract

16. rge2010

rge2010 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Surely if Kurt is having an affair with Stephanie that makes him the heel and Trips the face? For Kurts first match WWE will want the universe behind him 100%. It is very bad story telling if he is the face and having an affair.

My money is on Dixie Carter. WWE have teased us with the 24 programme which will be a very subtle introduction to who she is for those that may not know.

I can see where this is headed - Kurt vs Triple both with the backing of their women for Raw supremacy. Alternatively wouldn't it be great if Dixie created a stable of Styles, Joe and Roode.

17. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

What's the payoff with Dixie though? Is it supposed to make them a power couple? That makes little sense considering Dixie holds no position of power within the company either in reality or in kayfabe. Does it lead to Angle/Dixie vs HHH/Steph which, again, makes little sense because why would Trips and Steph give a shit about a relationship between the two? On the surface, the only thing it accomplishes is making Angle look like an asshole for cheating on his wife. I guess they can always find some rationalizing reason to make this work.

Question, can WWE use the TNA name now that they have rebranded themselves as GFW? This could be fun if it led to some sort of invasion angle including TNA alum like Styles, Joe, Roode, Bennett, Mickie James, etc. but that's complete fantasy booking at this point. Still, I really don't think it's Steph. She's the most obvious option which makes her being the actual reveal unlikely.

At least I'm interested.

18. George Steele's Barber

Had a new thought. Do we even know that he is having an affair? Maybe he was just talking to his actual wife who will be at the show on Monday for the big reveal which will have nothing to do with an actual affair.

I don't know. I clearly haven't given this my full attention.

19. THTRobtaylor

THTRobtaylor Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist

Interesting ideas...

The affair angle is very likely, but I just can't quite see Steph and Hunter putting their kids through that...even if they know it's not real, considering how protective they've always been it would seem a dick move.

The only reason it does work with Steph is that tension they had back in the day, and they could perhaps frame it that they had a thing THEN... and Kurt's return has stirred up those feelings for them again.... and remember, this happened to Kurt in real life with Karen leaving him for Jarrett, so there is some real life tension they could use with the "could cost me my family" stuff.

The interesting thing is where Graves fits in...

Oh shit... just had a GREAT idea of how they can swerve this...

Reby just had a baby right? Kurt the daddy leading to Broken Matt?

20. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

Here's an unlikely scenarios but if he is having an affair it would have to be a famous wife of one of the WWE employees.
    What about Jennifer Hudson the famous wife of David Otunga? If there looking for a publicity stunt that will surely make headlines and get them some press. It could lead to a street fight at Summerslam with David Otunga vs Kurt Angle.

21. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

Please don't give them any ideas.

Back on topic, maybe Angle was just talking to his wife?

Hopefully so because an affair angle would be horrible.

22. MWRedskins

MWRedskins Mid-Card Championship Winner

honestly, this story smells of Kurt Angle vs. Triple H with some guy (which will be another mystery) taking a picture of a rumored affair and it likely will be revealed that the rumored affair is with Stephanie, but i really hope that's not the case. i dont mind seeing Triple H vs. Angle again, but does it have to be because of a likely rumored affair gimmick?? i think it should be a power struggle similar to what occured with Foley and then they have a match where if Kurt lost, he must quit as GM or something along that line. my guess is there will be a match where an enraged HHH will battle Angle and later it'll be revealed that the rumored affair was actually with Eric Angle and whoever is blackmailing Kurt will likely be Kurt's newest feud he'll have.

23. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

I don't know about this...on one hand, it feels like they're going to bring Stephanie back; someone people do not exactly care for all that much and that starts a feud with Triple H.

On the other hand, it could be Dixie; making her shocking debut into power with WWE. I wouldn't mind it, but I think it's all going to depend on whether or not Dixie and WWE want to go further into business with each other.

But on the third way down south by Bill Clinton boulevard, they might swerve us and go way off the wall; maybe choosing someone from the women's division, bringing in a new woman completely or even bringing in his own wife.

I guess we'll just have to see next week to find out the truth now will we?

24. Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff Getting Noticed By Management

So Angle, who is a well admitted family man now, is going to say 'I Love you' on the phone to someone who is not his wife.....WITH A LIVE CAMERA IN HIS FACE???

That's goes beyond all the crap WWE expects us to ignore.

25. The Life Of Pablo Ren

The Life Of Pablo Ren I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

I might be the only one in the world who doesn't think it's gonna be a secret love affair angle. I just don't see it. Wrestler's lives are way too public to try and pull something like that nowadays and have it come off convincing and/or good.

Not to mention the fact that we saw Kurt Angle's real wife multiple times during his WWE 24 thing, and he has a bunch of young kids... unless you're bringing his real life family into it (AND THEY DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T) it's not gonna make much sense at all.

Lana "ruined" a storyline a few years back just by posting a picture on her Instagram with Rusev, are you really gonna tell Kurt Angle that he can't post about his family on social media while this story is going on?

But the problem is... if it's not something like that, then I have no idea what it could be. The Chad Gable thing has been thrown around as a joke but who knows... just maybe there could be something to that.

I'm cautiously intrigued for Monday but I'm fairly confident I'll be left either scratching my head at the stupidity and nonsense or shaking my head in big disappointment.