• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kofi Kingston a forgotten talent?

Jugganauts09

Dark Match Winner
Kofi Kingston has tremoundous talent there is no denying that but what are the WWE doing with him, Kingston is a former World Tag Team champion, A United States champion and a current 3 time Intercontinel Champion.

So what does the WWE do with Kingston at Wrestlemania, Kingston is currently feuding with Alberto Del Rio who is already in a Wrestlemania match, So what does he do he can't feud with Ziggler cause his "fired", Does he defend his Intercontinel Championship at Mania or do they put him in the Money in the Bank match which he has delivered several memerble moments in but he will never win, But if he does defend the Intercontinel Championship who does he defend it against, Kane? though that would lack a good storyline, Rey Mysterio? No he seems to be stuck with Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre or Jack Swagger could put on a good match with Kingston, Why not give him a quick feud with Curt Hawkins give them both a chance and hey we might see a good match.

But then again we could look at this case as another John Morrison or will this turn out to be another Shelton Benjamin right now i don't see Kingston hanging around until next year, Unless Vince changes Kingstons current work scheduled i see him heading off. Smackdown is lacking main event faces they have lacked them for a while but still there is no push for Kingston.

I would be intersted to hear the WWE Comunity opinions on wheather you see Kingston hanging out the year and where you see him at Wrestlemania.

Are you kidding me? Kofi Kingston a forgotten tallent? Yeah the ic title holder that gets some of the biggest pops right now is forgotten, heres what your overlooking. The lack of good people to go aganst him. Kofi to me really isn't that strong in the ring, but he can carry his own weight. What I want to see done right now is put him in a program with Jack Swagger. They can go the Chris Benoit route when they gave him the Us title in 05 I believe. Swagger is a former world champ, who isn't that strong on the mic because of his lisp. But give him a Ic title run for a while and get him more stick time and an actual fude or program and I think It would work wonders for him.

And since when is Jomo being cited as a forgotten tallent? He's not that old people, and he's not world title material in my honest oppinion, but WWE deffinatly isn't using him in the wrong way right now. Did you see the rumble, his match with the Miz, Program with Sheamus, The Raw rumble, the elimination chamber, they are building him as a guy who does incredible shit. No one right now can, or is doing the stuff that Jomo is doing, most of his spots are sweet as hell.

What makes you think he will never win Money in the Bank? I think he's one of three men who has a legitimate shot of grabbing the briefcase this year with the other two being John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler, two tremendous talents to be grouped with.

Kofi Kingston is not a forgotten talent. Having him put Del Rio over is a necessary evil, and Kofi was picked for the job because the WWE considers him a good enough talent to make Del Rio look strong. If they sent out Chris Masters people would just see it as Del Rio locking the armbar onto yet another wrestler, but when he locks it onto Kofi Kingston he's locking it onto a champion.

He's in this program with Jack Swagger which I think he ultimately wins. If he doesn't win it, I think he gets screwed in losing and gets inserted to the World Heavyweight Championship picture once Edge drops the belt. Hell, if Del Rio wins at Mania, maybe we'll see Kofi challenge for the championship pretty early.

How can Kingston be a forgotten talent? He is a current champion, always in a match on SmackDown, and puts on a great show every time. He is one of the most talented superstars on Smackdown, and he is still young. I dont think Vince is gonna let go of him, he just hasn't got the push he needs yet.

Remember when he was on RAW, and got that push while fueding with Orton. The Boom Drop at MSG onto Orton was really cool. I dont think it really put Kingston over that much, but I hope Vince gives Kingston more opportunities.

I think Kofi Kingston has great in-ring talent but his gimmick is pretty boring if you ask me.

I'd like to see him do something different or go heel with the persona of, I'm from a poor island and all you americans are so rich. Something like that.

His actual matches are entertaining but other than that, I don't care about him. He needs a better character so that he has good stories, promos, feuds, not just all fighting.

He'll never move up soley on his in ring ability.

Kofi Kingston is the modern day Rocky Maivia. He's too much of a babyface, he needs a badass edge to make him interesting, even when he was Jamician he was a tiny bit interesting, but now he's as bland as a white wall.

He has very good in-ring ability, I think that he can be a bit overrated. I mean, he doesn't do anything that special. He's just fast and has some good in-ring traits, but where he lacks is his microphone skills.

When he was Jamician, he actually took my interest.

[YOUTUBE]rXNz5CtLAB8[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone of his debut promos were better than anything he has done since, including his "I'm really angry and I am becoming more aggressive", promos against Randy Orton. Hes lost any personality.

The guy needs to be given an edge, honestly, I think possibly turn him heel. But make him a cocky and arogant one, not a Drew McIntyre or Randy Orton, "I have no personality" heel.

Either way, currently, Kofi is a good in-ring wrestler, can be fun to watch but he is too much of a babyface and his microphone skills suck ass.

Ha, I like how you used the term "Forgotten Talent" in your thread title like I used it for my Chris Masters thread the other day. Perhaps this kinda thing can become a series and be applied to a handful of wrestler on the roster.

With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with you. Kofi Kingston is not a forgotten talent. If you want to talk about forgotten talents, think about Jack Swagger or Chris Masters. But how can we label Kingston a forgotten talent if he is the current Intercontinental Champion? He also seems to get some pretty nice pops still, and I really believe that Kingston's feud with Dolph Ziggler is one of the reasons that Ziggler was able to get some over. Kingston's time will come. He is a talented wrestler, and I expect that he will be a part of the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania.

He is not forgotten, but he is instead just doing his thing right now at the top of Smackdown's midcard. No, he is not a main eventer yet, but he does not need to be one either. If they do want him to go that path, then perhaps a gimmick change or a heel turn could help elevate him in that direction. But he has basically spent the last 9 months either holding or chasing the Intercontinental Title. I'd hardly say that is forgotten. If anything, he has helped add prestige to a title that was desperately needing it. Especially with his great series of matches with Ziggler.

Hes definitly not a forgotten talent. Underused, yes, forgotton,no. The reason hes underused is because he can easily be in the mainevent right now. How many face main eventers do they have on smackdown. Edge, thats basically it. Yes hes doing good right now holding the IC title but he can be so much more than that. Look back at his feud with Orton. Just got to wonder what happened with it, and why Orton threw him under the bus. Thats why i hate Orton.

So yea, he deffinitly deserves to be in the main event right now, not the world title yet, but if they can use him correctly in the main event, maybe by the end of the year. Can you imagine if Morrison and Kofi held the titles at the sametime. They can deffinitly put on some good Champion vs Champion matches.

He's in this program with Jack Swagger which I think he ultimately wins. If he doesn't win it, I think he gets screwed in losing and gets inserted to the World Heavyweight Championship picture once Edge drops the belt. Hell, if Del Rio wins at Mania, maybe we'll see Kofi challenge for the championship pretty early.

I was thinking something along those lines too. Maybe Del Rio's attack on Monday "injured" Kofi and he goes on the shelf for a while and vacates the IC title, then we see him come back and rekindle the Del Rio feud and has a title match at SummerSlam or maybe earlier. I think a heel turn would be for the best for him right now, but that doesn't really go with the Del Rio feud. who knows.

Kofi has great in ring ability , shame about his mic skills. and could definitly be a top champion in the company, however i dont think the del rio beating him week in week out hasnt helped, but he has so much more to give it just seems like everybody is over lapping him to the top I.E Ziggler, Sheamus , Del Rio but i think he will just keep building and one day with world championship in a eddie guerrero style moment.

I REALLLY hope kofi doesnt get anywhere near the main event scene. He is terrible in the ring and he has no promo skills. SUPER OVER RATED. Dont know why the IWC is all over his dick...he constantly fucks up moves, and has a terrible finisher that looks awful.

Hopefully del rio took him out and kofis been released. that would make me quite happy.

I REALLLY hope kofi doesnt get anywhere near the main event scene. He is terrible in the ring and he has no promo skills. SUPER OVER RATED. Dont know why the IWC is all over his dick...he constantly fucks up moves, and has a terrible finisher that looks awful.

Hopefully del rio took him out and kofis been released. that would make me quite happy.

Kofi

No Promo Skills? Fair enuf

Terrible in Ring? NO WAY

i respect your opinion but i disagree completly Great in ring Talent and can put on a great match

a great talent that can put on a great match? so is evan bourne should he be the champ? please.

Kofi has a few flashy moves, his jumping cross body off the top rope is a ok move. But i have seen him screw up to many moves to take him serious. Hes awkward to watch and his finisher is pathetic. I really dont see what makes him so talented? Boom Boom.

Kingston seemed like he was on the way to main event, one mistake in the ring against Orton he gets his ass sent to SD, faster than a speeding bullet. He's put on the losing end of more battles than I can count, ever since, even though he is the IC champ.

Sheamus whose abilities in the ring and on the mike aren't that great gets a fast track to the heavyweight championship twice and people talk about Kingston not being good enough ? I mean WWE could do worse than Kingston. A lot worse.

As far as Kingston being good on the mike, we need to understand something, if you want a performer to be great when they are on the mike, you need to do many things: many performers who were champs weren't great on the mike. Batista, Orton, Benoit, weren't great on the mike, they still became champs and of the three I mentioned only Benoit was great in the ring. Kingston might never be great on the mike, that doesn't mean he can't be champ.

If his mike abilities are what you want to improve:

1) you need to make sure he is as comfortable as possible on the mike in front of a live audience, if not do it in
tape recording.

2) You have to write what he's comfortable saying. You didn't make Austin speak like the Rock, or vice versa,
you found their comfortable level and made a script that worked with their character and their comfort level.

3) They need time to speak and time to improve.

Sheamus whose abilities in the ring and on the mike aren't that great gets a fast track to the heavyweight championship twice and people talk about Kingston not being good enough ? I mean WWE could do worse than Kingston. A lot worse.
True WWE could do worse and they already are IMO(MIZ). I think Sheamus is pretty good in the ring, not as flashy as Kofi but definitely above average. I think Sheamus' size is probably the biggest reason why he got the title privelage that some of the others haven't gotten yet, maybe he just works his ass off behind the scenes, who knows. I guess they feel he looks more believable against the likes of Orton,Cena and HHH than say Bryan, Kofi, or Morrison so he didn't need as much build up to get to main event status

Kofi is the heart and soul of the midcard besides Daniel Bryan. Remove them and you have a very weak midcard. What we need is better midcard feuds. They could do a contraversial feud between Kofi and JTG. JTG being the ghetto black guy calls Kofi a sellout and attacks him for thinking Kofi is betraying the brothers by not being ghetto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back