John Cena should drop the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

raveneffect

How many people think it's time for John Cena to drop the title? I most certainly do. He really has nobody to feud with and even the crowd doesn't know what to do anymore. The RVD feud will be horrible as John Cena is not even in RVD's league athleticism wise. Raw does have bonifide superstars that can carry the belt. Shawn Michaels could have a good run. Triple H deserves the belt and has been sitting back for quite awhile. What about Edge? He was pretty entertaining as champion and it peaked my interest even more. Guys like Big Show, and even Kane could be the World Champion. John Cena is overrated and should be put on the shelf awhile as his gimmick is getting old and should turn heel.

Dropping to RVD -for some people- will be the greatest moment this year! RVD deserves that title, hes done his working, going through hell for Vince and its RVD time. I hope he wins at ECW ONS and takes the title away from WWE so SD and RAW can compete for one title making the matches heaps more intresting.

Cenas 2nd run this year has been his greatest, hes put on some of the best matches of his career and has worked well with HHH and Edge, I am sure he will get the championship around his waist again but, I think its time for a new Champ.

I think that Cena should keep the title and turn heel. I hope this is what happens at ONS II. I think Cena should join McMahon's group and continue his feud w/ HHH & HBK.

I just had a thought what if Cena becomes a heel on the East Coast and plays Face on the West Coast I know it's what the WWF did with Bret Hart and to me it worked so why not?

John Cena will drop the title but it wont be against RVD i dont think vince will give ECW one of the WWE titles he aint that dumb. It might be against edge at vengence D-X might help edge win that match to make John turn heel and join vince. :wwf:

1. Heyman already indicated on Raw that when RVD beats Cena at ONS that he will rechristen the belt as the ECW title.

2. Edge knows he is the #1 contender and gets a shot at Vengeance.

Edge won't want the title to be in ECW. He'd likely rather Cena keep it to protect his shot so I think he will interfere at ONS and cost RVD the match.

Sure, Jim Ross says, Edge's shot at Vengeance is against whoever the champion is, but if RVD really does rechristen the belt, then what happens to the WWE title and why would RVD defend the ECW title at Vengeance? Too many questions. Edge goes for the sure thing.

If you've never seen this, check out Cena's WWE debut. No gimmick. No five knuckle shuffle. No FU or STFU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATwPJ7BaQ94

Totally agreed with you, Edge, being WWE would rather defend the belt against someone WWE than some ECW guy. But I would rather want a ECW title all for themselves and have SD and RAW fight over the Worlds Title/WWE, but then again (The Writing is White so that It doesn't spoil SD for you)

Sabu could be the one coming up with the title, keeping the WWE Title in WWE and the World Title at ECW - Sabu vs. Rey Rey for the WHC is annouced for ONS.

So that Edge gets his #1 Contender shot at Vengence and this opens up the whole Mainevent Roster, more fueds, better Storylines and Better Wrestling.

That sounds like a good idea, but i think rvd will win but then just drop the belt and give it to wwe. Like heyman said he'll bring back the old ecw championship. Then the match at vengance is for the championship with neither of them being champ then

RVD and Edge both deserve a title reign for all the work that they put in. Personally i dont want either of them to get the title for too long, but i realsie they deserve it.

Cena i feel is a great champion, but even great champions become eye sores. If the title reign only lasted say six-seven months then he would still be an uber-face like he once one when he got the title for the first time. The crowd just got sick of him and that is going to have a lasting effect on Cena's career. I say drop the title to either RVD or Edge and go off as a heel, repackage him into what got him so over in the first place, give him a little more attitude, then bring him back to the title picture and get the belt back around his waist around Rumble time.

I for one am a Cena Fan...i dont think he sucks, lets see you people go out and do the matches he does...i mean i think thats the problem people dont take it for what it is, He still puts on a good show...

I like him as a heel better...so i think he should drop the title but not join vince

JKO said:
I for one am a Cena Fan...i dont think he sucks, lets see you people go out and do the matches he does...i mean i think thats the problem people dont take it for what it is, He still puts on a good show...

I like him as a heel better...so i think he should drop the title but not join vince
1.) sorry Cena does suck.
2.) No of course the people who post on this forum could not have the matches Cena has they have not had the training. That does not exclude people from the right to an opinon.Stars on the roster however could have better matches than Cena which is why he should not be in the main event.
3.) Cenas matches have all been too simallir. It's almost like we have gone back to the Hulk Hogan days when you predict exactley how the match will end although this does seem to be changing somewhat now.
4.) Cena has had the title (bar 3 weeks) for the last 13-14 months. Nowadays the majority of fans do not want a long title regin this long especilly if....
5.) "The Champ" is not the best in ring performer and has a poor character.
6.) Alot of fans do not really care about the title at the moment because of Cena's regin and the title is no longer the focal point of Raw.
7.) I think RVD will win his match at ONS and take the title to ECW, Edge and and Cena will then fight for the vacant title and the winner (edge) will recieve a new WWE (finally that spinning belt will be gone which indicates to me Cena will not be champ for a while and they could re develop his in ring skills and character away from the glare of the main event)
The Icon has spoken!:wwf:

John Cena is "the" man right now, no matter what
that's why he's "the" champ
his gimmick has changed for the worse though
it's true, it's very predictable & repetitive
he should go back to the way he used to be
when he used to wear the throwback jerseys
freestyling before each match
that's what made him popular with the fans
i personally liked him better as a heel
i do agree he should drop the belt
any title reign shouldn't last longer than 6 months (for anybody)
but i definately do not think he should drop it to triple h or edge
i just don't think either of them deserve it

more like RVD or Kane...

my thoughts on RVD winning & taking the belt to ECW are sketchy
Vince McMahon couldn't be that stupid to give the top belt to Paul Heyman
unless it would only draw attention to a WWE/ECW invasion type angle...
where the title would eventually end up back on RAW

my thoughts on Kane winning the belt are more of my 1st choice
he hasn't seen a championshop in awhile, i think he surely deserves it
with the movie "See No Evil" in the theaters right now...
would've been better to already have had John Cena fueded & dropped it to Kane
leading into the current angle where Kane gets confronted by the old Kane
which everyone by now should know is really JBL lol
Kane as champ would definately be more interesting
i'm always in favor of Kane...he's always in some cool angles

as for John Cena...
he should definately go back to his former ruthless agression rappin' self
WORD LIFE!

I agree. It is time he dropped the belt. Cena's run as champ has put me off RAW because he has been champ long enough, it's beginning to get boring. Somebody else should be champ like carlito, HHH or even edge again.

Its not his fault, he does what they tell him to do, i liked it when he would go out and freestyle, but they stopped that cuz he was sayin to much vulgar things, i think its wack, go out there and let him do what he does

JKO said:
Its not his fault, he does what they tell him to do, i liked it when he would go out and freestyle, but they stopped that cuz he was sayin to much vulgar things, i think its wack, go out there and let him do what he does
I agree. This is the image that got him over in the first place, then once he got over they changed it and watered it down! I could never understand why!:wwf:

Cena's not a great athlete, but he does put on a pretty good show... It is def. time for him to lose the title. On Raw, there are people who deserve it much more:

Triple H
Edge
Kane
RVD (RVD/Cena fued=NOT GOOD)

Kane deserves it the most outta that list u had..RVD...has put in work, but now that ECW is back..he will go back to being to whole damn show...

Cena may not be the most polished, but the man is still young people..HHH sucked at first..As did all todays top notch guys bar Kurt Angle, the mane is an olympian...but id rather have Cena who has above average mic skills and great charisma..and DECENT wreslting ability, and still manages to put on a good show than a shelton benjamen or Edge..who are great in the ring, but both IMO suck on the mic...and Duds in the character department

BTW, i am not Anti-Cena. On other forums I am one of Cena's biggest defenders. Just to say that.

And yes, Kane also deserves it. That makes three from RAW that deserve a title reign, its deciding what order to do it in. RVD is looking rustier every match he does, so i say he should get the first reign. Kane doesnt have too many years left, so he should be next. Edge has many years to go, so i think they can stall his reign for awhile. Cena is the future and probably has nearly or over a decade to go, i see him having many title reigns, it is time to take a back seat for awhile though.

John Cena will not drop the title to RVD or Edge. It won't happen until possibly summerslam where he faces Kane (hopefully). Other than Triple H, Kane is the only person I would want Cena to lose to.

Kane definately deserves the WWE championship. I can't remember the last time he's had a title shot. Has he even actually held any championship?

He was Hardcore champ for about a minute. He was world champ for a day. And his IC reign was ended by Albert after about a month.

Sanders said:
I think that Cena should keep the title and turn heel. I hope this is what happens at ONS II. I think Cena should join McMahon's group and continue his feud w/ HHH & HBK.
That could be a good angle. Eventhough I dont like Cena and cant stand his thug character; I dont want RVD winning it; now that ECW is coming back. I havent really been a big fan of RVD either, but if he wins; he'll take the championship with him to ECW.

No, people hate him because he has been shoved down their throats. He was incredibly over (THE most over) before and after he first won the title, it was a few months in when people turned on him.

[ WALKER ] said:
No, people hate him because he has been shoved down their throats. He was incredibly over (THE most over) before and after he first won the title, it was a few months in when people turned on him.

Totally agree, if you watch any of his matches, including wm21, he was way over, but then everyone got sick of him becuae like you said, he got shoved down our throats

Flippyskate21 said:
Totally agree, if you watch any of his matches, including wm21, he was way over, but then everyone got sick of him becuae like you said, he got shoved down our throats
I also agree. When you considier when he lost the title.( Best three weeks of the last year for me). The crowd were cheering like Hogan was there for Edge! A guy who because of his personal life and because he plays the chracter so well is probaly the most hated heel in the business! Something should have clicked then. "Maybe people don't want this guy as champion"Then people cheer Triple H(anthoer huge heel) and chant F**K U CENA a chant I have never heard directed at a wrestler (It may have happened in ECW but that's a guess) again it should have clicked. Then against two people who could be champs people want to see he wins again "against all odds". They even had Triple H beat the **** out of everyone after because they needed to appease the fans!The fact he got such a huge pop after performing a "heel action" showed the wrong man won the match. The majority of fans (over the age of 12) havn't wanted this guy as champ for a long time, have let thier feelings be known and have been ignored.:wwf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back