John Cena says WWE has "broader audience" today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said, the ratings and viewership was obviously superior to today.

Which makes me think... I don't believe because the WWE's product was catered to young males that it only consisted of young males. Underrated fact about the attitude era was that about a third of its audience was kids, believe it or not. I think the WWE is trying to cater itself to a broader audience, but I don't believe INFACT the WWE "has" a broader audience today. Vice-versa role if you want to spin it that way

Of course the audience is more diverse. They're marketing to the entire family. Also, teen-to-adult males are watching, if only to complain about what they're seeing :rolleyes:

However, who cares? The late 90's did a hell of a lot more business than what's happening right now. Congratulations! You're more diverse! Doesn't mean more people are watching.

If you're Cena and the WWE, you have to feel good about something. This era isn't doing television business the way it did at the end of the last century, so yeah, I would probably find something to brag about as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back