John Cena says Manny Pacquiao would knock him out. WTF???

Mouthy Idiot

Occasional Pre-Show
How can Cena ruin his image like that? Cena is the multiple time world Heavyweight champion and hes hurting WWE and their brand by making comments like that. Cena is like 6'1 250 and squats like 800 lbs and Pacquiao is like 5'6 150 or something. You dont demean yourself like that just to sound cool to your twitter fans. How can the wwe audience believe he can beat Big Show and HHH and Mark Henry and all these guys if hes saying Pacquiao would knock his ass out with 1 punch.

Vince McMahon would never say something like that , he wants people to believe the WWE Champ is the baddest dude alive. It helps the product. This has nothing to do with boxing being real and wrestling being scripted, its about 2 men and lining them up and for Cena to say that little dude would beat him is embarassing. You cant bury yourself like that and the company you work for. I cant believe he said it , it would be different if he said like Mike Tyson in his prime would beat him and even thats bad because Vince again wants the WWE fans to believe in the world Heavyweight champ. To be the face of the WWE and the main guy and your a big atheltic muscled dude and your saying a little flyweight boxer would knock you out is a joke.

I am not saying Pacquiao isnt a great boxer , he is for his size but its like back in the day the Immortal Hulk Hogan saying sugar ray leonard would whoop him , it just dont sound right. Or better yet i guess sugar ray leonard would knock out Andre the Giant. Its just bad buisness to make that comment. Cena is supposed to be a big deal , if that was me , I would have said I would kill Pacquiao in a fight.

Maybe just being respectful, but you have to remember that WWE is fake and what they do in the ring doesn't help at all in real life.... Example?? Booker T and Batista threw down backstage and Booker T came out on top. Why? Because he is a better wrestler and was a 5 time WCW champ? NO! He had a rough childhood and that helped him. Pacquiao is a trained boxer and fights for real. Cena is more like an actor. So really he is just telling the truth

Probably trying to coax Manny for a Wrestlemania appearance. He is like a god in the Phillipines and with him appearing at WM, would definitely add to the ppv buys and headlines! Better than Snooki!

Wait a guy who isn't a boxer saying that a professional boxer who's knocked out 38 people in the ring could knock him out? Colour me shocked. Seriously, it doesn't matter how much muscles you've got or how much you can squat, a well placed punch can knock you out.

and you've got to rememver that this is the company that had a pro boxer KO the Big Show, and the one time they had a legit boxing match it lasted all of thirty seconds. Cena's not harming the buisness, he's talking common sence.

Because John Cena's gimmick is about being real. He speaks his mind and tells the truth. It's no front, in reality Pacquiao would knock out Cena no doubt. Cena Isn't a Heel, He doesn't think he is better than people like other heels. If Somebody such as Mark Henry saying they can beat Pacquaio would be different and a better WM setup.

Cena knows he isn't a world class boxer and anyone who thinks Cena can beat Pacquiao is crazy. Pacqiao makes his living really punching people in the face. Cena is more of an actor and he doesn't talk trash to people like Pacquaio because he know Pacquiao is a bad man.

I get what you're saying and to some degree I agree, it does sound bad him admitting that someone could beat his ass (yet he's super cena to everyone else haha) BUT I think had he said otherwise that he could beat pacman's ass in a boxing match that may stir something up he knows would be worse for business. Wrestlers hardly get much respect out of the WWE in the sports world (with the exception of punk right now) and having that discussion brought up will only bring on a ton of negativity to the WWE.

Umm How did he destroy his image by saying that.

That's like saying Brock Lesnar would kill me in the Octagon, of course Brock Lesnar would kill him in the Octagon.

Cena ISN'T a boxer nor does he need to pretend to be a legit tough guy. Everyone knows wrestling is pre-determined, everyone knows Vince makes the decisions, Cena isn't the top guy because he could beat everyone in a fight, if that was true most likely Big Show would have been champ for 10 years cuz if he hits ANYONE once with full force they will go down and stay down.

Cena doesn't pretend to be a tough guy and believe me no one in their right mind would even care that Cena said that.

Cant we have one day without laying off JC.. The guy needs rest, trust me.. I started out with being on the Anti Cena side and trust me seeing all this unwarranted hate has made me sympathetic...

Back to your issue Mouthy Idiot (which abysmally foolish person gives himself a name like this), JC is talking common sense which a couple of posters have said above me already.. In a fight its not about a how much muscles you have, its about how do you fight and what techniques you adopt... Being an avid learner of kung fu, i know, my Sensei who is 52 years old and 5' 7, can knock both Cena and Manny flat within 15-20 seconds... So its no exaggeration when Cena says so about Manny.. He's a boxer and they are trained to finish off a fight in one blow.. Next up, its not the Brock Lesnar Era where the top guy has to be the baddest dude on the planet.. Its the family era, where the top guy is supposed to be a role model fo children in and out of the ring.. One who defends his rights and one who pays respect where its due and kicks ass where its supposed to be done... Stop pissing in your pants with everything that Cena does...

Vince McMahon would never say something like that , he wants people to believe the WWE Champ is the baddest dude alive. It helps the product. This has nothing to do with boxing being real and wrestling being scripted, its about 2 men and lining them up and for Cena to say that little dude would beat him is embarassing.

This is ridiculous. Has everyone forgotten that Floyd Mayweather came in a few years ago just so Big Show could job to him? Who is supposed to be bigger and badder in the WWE then Show? McMahon was all for it then, why would he get bent out of shape now, when a boxer supposedly better than Mayweather is brought into the conversation?

This is just way too nit-picky towards John Cena, and I don't even particularly care for him. But yes, the greatest current boxer in the world could probably beat Cena in a boxing match. If it was a shoot wrestling match, where Cena could clinch and grapple and use all of his strength, then he would probably win. No use in trashing someone for being honest.

The simple answer: Because Manny is seen as the greatest boxer of this generation and has the ability knock the world’s top fighters out. Seeing as he has that ability, I would imagine it'd be a piece of cake for him to knock out a non-boxer.

Part of Cena's gimmick is being a nice guy. If you want to make it more technical though, hustle, loyalty, respect. Respect for a fellow professional. Doesn't detract from his character or hurt WWE at all.

The simple answer: Because Manny is seen as the greatest boxer of this generation and has the ability knock the world’s top fighters out. Seeing as he has that ability, I would imagine it'd be a piece of cake for him to knock out a non-boxer.

Prime Mayweather is the greatest boxer of this generation and possibly of all time.

Let's just assume for kayfabe sake that Cena meant "in a boxing match." Then we can still assume he's Super Cena in the wrestling ring.

A lot of boxers got their asses kicked in the early MMA days by good college wrestler types who just charged them and got them down to the ground. Then Brazilian jiu jitsu and other submission artists started to give the wrestlers fits. Now, it takes a pretty well-trained all-around fighter to be a topflight MMA guy.

Manny is an awesome boxer but one punch to the top of Mark Henry's skull as he's charging with his head down might not do it, and I think Manny is in trouble if Mark gets his arms around him. The rules of the game make a huge difference.

Its not quite as dramatic as you make it out to be but at the same time it wouldnt have hurt him to save face. A lot of the oldschool guys would never say that but Cenas all about having fun with the fans so it doesnt surprise me. Would I just blurt something out like that on Twitter, no, but it doesnt make it any less true.

Prime Floyd? I agree without a second thought. Today's Floyd? Not to sure on it. Have to see the fight with Ortiz first to assess how he reacts with everything going on in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back