Jeff Hardy New Direction

Kinsey144

Occasional Pre-Show
So I, as im sure many of you are, am very bored of Jeff Hardy in TNA, he barely has any gimmick anymore except of the fact that he is a freespirit.

Don't get me wrong, i know this was his WWE gimmick, but they pushed it better, now he just comes to the ring, fights and leaves. Not really doing anything wild or crazy, and thats why he lost my interest.

As we can almost guarentee Hardy's loss Vs Angle at No Surrender, Hardy is left seemingly with no direction for BFG.

I think it would really recreate my interest in Hardy if he were to develop a friendship with Sting and picking up some of his traights and maybe even become involved with Sting/Nash. Giving him more of a dark/mis-understood character, whilst maintaining his free-spirit role.

It wouldn't be hard to do, all you would need would be to alter his facepaint to a Sting-esque style. It would be easy to wright into story aswell, as im sure that in Reactions', Hardy has stated Sting as an idol and therefore could go to him for help after his loss to Kurt.

So, what are your thoughts on Hardy joining Sting and gaining a new direction, whilst maintaining his characteristics?

Do you think this storyline could work out well?

Could Hardy add to the whole 'deception'?

Maybe this would work, spice up his character a little bit. However, I believe his staleness is less due to booking and management as it is his own passion for the business and willingness to get better. He has become seemingly lazy and complacent...he's got a beer belly and thinks that by painting his face and body and wearing random baggy clothing he can remain relevant because of his "enigmatic-ness". His Swanton Bomb that used to be so graceful now just looks painful as he lands directly on the opponent's ribcage, putting their careers at stake. He uses the same moves he's been using forever and does not put annnny thought into his promos whatsoever. So, in conclusion, I don't think him joining forces with Sting would be good for anyone, esp Sting.

Me being a huge Jeff Hardy fan, I really want him to do something interesting. I think him and Sting being in an alliance would be great, they could be "The Creatures Of The Night". I think Sting and Jeff could be the people that are misunderstood yet still respected, I think they would have to be tweeners. They could just go around attacking people backstage, neither of them on tv for weeks but every week someone gets attacked then one week they actually announce that they have been attacking people, maybe they could leave the ace of spades card on their victim. I've seen something like that on TNA a couple of months back but I don't think they did anything with it so maybe Jeff and Sting could pick that up.

Maybe this would work, spice up his character a little bit. However, I believe his staleness is less due to booking and management as it is his own passion for the business and willingness to get better. He has become seemingly lazy and complacent...he's got a beer belly and thinks that by painting his face and body and wearing random baggy clothing he can remain relevant because of his "enigmatic-ness". His Swanton Bomb that used to be so graceful now just looks painful as he lands directly on the opponent's ribcage, putting their careers at stake. He uses the same moves he's been using forever and does not put annnny thought into his promos whatsoever. So, in conclusion, I don't think him joining forces with Sting would be good for anyone, esp Sting.
i think this is true to a certain extent, although maybe giving jeff a clear could motivate him? or maybe it's just his trial, that he doesn't want to put effort in, if in a few months he's in jail. Or in the worst case, he has lost passion for wrestling.

Me being a huge Jeff Hardy fan, I really want him to do something interesting. I think him and Sting being in an alliance would be great, they could be "The Creatures Of The Night". I think Sting and Jeff could be the people that are misunderstood yet still respected, I think they would have to be tweeners. They could just go around attacking people backstage, neither of them on tv for weeks but every week someone gets attacked then one week they actually announce that they have been attacking people, maybe they could leave the ace of spades card on their victim. I've seen something like that on TNA a couple of months back but I don't think they did anything with it so maybe Jeff and Sting could pick that up.
I was thinking something along the lines of this. Hardy could quite easily transform gradually into a more 'crow' styled sting or he could just stick with the wolfpac sting style. regardless, i would see them as tweeners for sure.

This is mostly why I hate Jeff in a way. The guy was given a giant push in WWE and he simply rode along with it and I never saw him as a viable champion. Don 't get me wrong; I marked out when he won the WWE title at Armageddon! But I always saw him as lazy. Actually really stale. He's the kind of guy who just is amazing in doing spots but in terms of wrestling ability, meh not that much. And he doesn't throw passion into his promos either. Yet he still got pushed and his brother remained in the shadows when he worked his a*s off every night and still is. Hardy really needs to get his sh*t together. Adding to the fact he's going to be a father simply makes things much harder for him as well so I will give him that right now. In terms of TNA NOW, he's not a big time player and I would have just put him up against someone like Hernandez in the quarters and had him eliminated. TNA should just drop him to X Division for a while until he is actually ready to be taken seriously again. He's basically like Van Dam right now; once he wins the title he couldn't care less what happens.

As has been stated in numerous Jeff Hardy threads since coming to TNA, Jeff Hardy isn't going to find himself part of any real significant feuds until his legal troubles are behind him. Jeff Hardy has a number of felony criminal charges hanging over his head and it's difficult to make any real long term plans with a wrestler if you're not really sure whether or not he's going to even have his freedom in, say, 6 months or so.

TNA's booking decisions for Jeff Hardy, while extremely lackluster overall, have been the overall right choices for them in the long run. It's meant that Hardy's career has come to something of a standstill, but it wouldn't do for TNA to saddle him with their World Championship only to have him potentially wind up spending the next decade or two of his life in the joint back in North Carolina. The same thing really goes for having stable and relevant feuds as that's why Jeff Hardy really hasn't had any of those since coming to TNA.

Thanks for agreeing GANSHER and I fully agree with you esp about Hardy being a "spotman"....but yeah I mean as an avid wrestling fan for the past like 18 years I realize that wrestling has lost its steam and credibility as a "sport", which has become second place to "entertainment".

The thing is, I think that these guys should be training to put on Grade A matches because that's what "wrestling" is- it involves physical activity and its behooves me to think that wrestlers do not spend more time perfecting their craft and getting better. I mean, maybe the schedule is just so rough and demanding that its hard to put on 20/30-minute psychologically driven matches these days...well then maybe cutting a PPV here and there and some house shows here and there would give them more time to recoup and come up with new stuff BUT I KNOW Vince would not sacrifice this.

Look at Undertaker- I mean I know he's a needle in a haystack but - who has reinvented himself through two decades as he now approaches the end of his illustrious career. Adding new looks, moves, styles, throughout his career added fuel to his feuds and legacy. He tried NEW things. Stayed FRESH. Guys don't do that anymore. No one even changes their attire until like Wrestlemania once a year. No one tries new moves or some guys barely have any moves (Shamus) and yet still win titles (Shamus).

I guess a lot of my frustration rests with the fact that I have yet to accept professional wrestling just being about looks and marketing, not even forcing athleticism and development into the backseat, but kicking it out of the car altogether.

Thanks for agreeing GANSHER and I fully agree with you esp about Hardy being a "spotman"....but yeah I mean as an avid wrestling fan for the past like 18 years I realize that wrestling has lost its steam and credibility as a "sport", which has become second place to "entertainment".

The thing is, I think that these guys should be training to put on Grade A matches because that's what "wrestling" is- it involves physical activity and its behooves me to think that wrestlers do not spend more time perfecting their craft and getting better. I mean, maybe the schedule is just so rough and demanding that its hard to put on 20/30-minute psychologically driven matches these days...well then maybe cutting a PPV here and there and some house shows here and there would give them more time to recoup and come up with new stuff BUT I KNOW Vince would not sacrifice this.

Look at Undertaker- I mean I know he's a needle in a haystack but - who has reinvented himself through two decades as he now approaches the end of his illustrious career. Adding new looks, moves, styles, throughout his career added fuel to his feuds and legacy. He tried NEW things. Stayed FRESH. Guys don't do that anymore. No one even changes their attire until like Wrestlemania once a year. No one tries new moves or some guys barely have any moves (Shamus) and yet still win titles (Shamus).

I guess a lot of my frustration rests with the fact that I have yet to accept professional wrestling just being about looks and marketing, not even forcing athleticism and development into the backseat, but kicking it out of the car altogether.

Well said. Couldn't agree more, especially with your last paragraph. I was a HUGE Jeff Hardy fan back in the Attitude era days. I thought he'd be the next Shawn Michaels. Just natural athletic ability. he didn't show the kind of charisma that HBK had but I figured he'd devolope it over time but no, he just gets by on what talent he has & thats seems to be good enough for him. Either TNA needs to find a way to motivate Hardy or get rid of him. Too many wrestlers out there that are dieing for the opportunity that jeff gets.

Well said. Couldn't agree more, especially with your last paragraph. I was a HUGE Jeff Hardy fan back in the Attitude era days. I thought he'd be the next Shawn Michaels. Just natural athletic ability. he didn't show the kind of charisma that HBK had but I figured he'd devolope it over time but no, he just gets by on what talent he has & thats seems to be good enough for him. Either TNA needs to find a way to motivate Hardy or get rid of him. Too many wrestlers out there that are dieing for the opportunity that jeff gets.

this aint what the threads about. its about jeff hardy and sting

this aint what the threads about. its about jeff hardy and sting

Nothing is gonna create interest in Jeff hardy until Jeff Hardy shows interest in what he's doing. Pairring him with Sting isn't going to do this unless Hardy actually interseted in the angle. You gotta believe in what your doing to make it entertaining for the fans. Going through the motions isn't gonna make Jeff worth watching. So basiclly Hardy needs to mentally show up for work. If that means a program with Sting is gonna ignite a fire under his ass, then cool beans. If it's something else that you or anyone else isn't catching on to, than TNA needs to figure it out cause were gonna be bored with Hardy otherwise & if he cant cut the mustard because he's too busy worrying about his legal issues or what ever, send him home.

The only option i see for jeff is to be put in the x division. They need him. Give hardy the belt and let him run with it. It will also allow him to elevate other stars. Oh and TNA please give us hardy vs Sabu. Please. Its a dream match of mine.

Hardy versus Sabu would have been a dream match except Sabu is really slowing down. It's not Sabu's fault -- you can't go at his pace for over fifteen years without slowing down.

At any rate, Hardy is where he is at as he may need to spend more time on is personal life. In addition, Jeff is a free spirit and may not want to be tied down to something in TNA if something else catches his interest. Therefore, a title reign for him would not be the best until he feels he can truly give 100 % dedication and focus towards it.

That being said, the best match I can see is Sting versus Jeff Hardy. Both have that vibe that makes them special. Both are mysterious. Both wear face paint. Both are former world champions. And this is one match that has not been done before. (At least not that I am aware of....)

My feeling is they feud which will set up a Sting face turn. The fans have wanted Sting as a face since March 8th anyway, so this would be a good way to do it.

The OP's idea is great, but it would never happen. TNA is too stupid when it comes to creativity, and I doubt this thread would ever been seen by them.

Jeff will fade due to leaving WWE, but I guess we can respect him for not staying in the security of World Wrestling "Entertainment".

Until his problems with justice has been solved, i don't think he will be involved in anything interesting, so no belts, no major angles, no major matches, i hope this solves soon because he's lost in the shuffle right now, and i know he can do better. You can say his success in the E was because of the machine behind him but i think TNA can retake his star status and make soime compelling storylines for him too.

i don't know if paring him with Sting will be the right choice, but a heel turn might be good for him in my opinion. As everyone else said they probably wont do much with him until his trial is over. On the other hand him and Sting could make a good team. I just don't think he would fit in the current storyline Sting is involved in.

Jeff Hardy is stuck in wrestling purgatory at the moment. On the one hand, TNA has a talent identifiable with the majority of modern wrestling fans, and is way over with most. However, he is also in the midst of a legal battle that not only threatens any chance you have to push him, but also is a possible powderkeg of negative publicity.
The OP is right in suggesting Hardy needs a new direction. I think the new direction should be putting over anyone and everyone he can.
TNA have to sit on Hardy until the court case reaches its conclusion. They can't put a belt on him (logically) because if he goes to jail, or even reappears in court, the headlines read "TNA Champion Hardy on drugs charges". Not good.
Management should refocus Hardy on elevating the mid card heels, guys like the horribly underutilised Desmond Wolfe and Matt Morgan. If you want him a title hunt, use him to get Douglas Williams more over. A victory over Hardy would do wonders for Williams' reign.
Once the court case is over, then push him. Show him getting frustrated at losing all the time, so Hardy turns "hardcore" using ladders and chairs left, right and centre. Since the rebirth of factions is in vogue, perhaps even reinvent a watered down Team Xtreme, with Moore, Helms and resident eye candy.

I am not sure about re-inventing Hardy. The thing about Jeff is that he is a one trick pony but he is amazing at it. I was thinking about many what ifs for hardy in the beginning of the angle match but the truth is that Hardy is quite over in his recognizable role. He does not really have the mic skills for a heel run and the main thing he is good at is fan interaction and selling that continuously getting beatdown before a comeback. Meaning he is perfect in that prominent face role with the occasional high stunt spots. The main problem is that he wrestles to the situation and the level of his competition. He really is an enigma in many ways so it is tricky what to do with him. I personally have taken issue with many of his performances lately (angle and joe matchs aside) however his popularity would be foolish to toy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back