JBL vs. Lawler

i THOUGHT that a good announce team was when vinnie mac was at the table with jerry " the king" lawler and JR. the reason for this the king was full heel commentator McMahon was the face commentator and Jr was the Technical guy who called all the moves! I remeber them calling bret hart vs. shawn michaels IRON MAN match when shawn one and i'm pretty sure every wrestling fan has the words of vince McMahon etched into their brain after shawn won!!

"the boyhood dream has come true for shawn michaels!"

another great enthusiastic call in that match was when shawn was coming down from the rafters Mc Mahon was going crazy!

my advice go watch that match listen to the call then come and tell me who the greatest announce team was!

J.B.L. has only been announcing for a few weeks while Lawler has been doing it for years. Lawler was hilarious when he first started doing commentry( just as J.B.L. is now) but it's hard to maintain that level of wit over the years.

Yeah the king was very hilarious and fun to listen to before 2004. He made funny jokes, like booker t being born onto a snooker table in some run down club, and so on, but as of now im unsure whether hes supposed to be heel or face. If this was in say 2002, lawler would be rooting for the likes of spirit squad and umaga and agaisnt john cena. JBL is gold, I especially love it when hes commentating on Finlays matches because he describes northen ireland like a fight club, and its very funny.

At a heel: Lawler. At the moment JBL. Lawler was my 2nd favourite heel commentater(behind Heenan of course). When he and JR used to argue it was great. I thought with JR back and the ECW ONS storyline he would revert back to heel.Sadly this has not happened and as a face commentater he is intensely annoying and doesn't seem yo believe what he's saying. Michael Cole is awful. He ranks down there with Tony savarnie(don't know how to spell it but you know who I mean). He doesn't even make sense in his commentry foe example "JBL cheated to steal a win with a low blow"(said after JBL defeated Chris Benoit in a steel cage match,a match with no DQ's and no rules).He could have just said it was a cheap victory(and that would be pushing it) but as usual he has to go over the top and embaress himself. Taz stated the obvouis and said "no doubt" alot. Heyman was intensly annoying(and also had a love of the phrase "no doubt").Joey styles is OK. Monsoon was awful and was lucky to be carried by great co commentaters.
Heenan and Ventura are beyond reproach. Coach was annoying and also went overboard in his support of heels without making it entertaining(like him as a on screen character though).Macho Man was so bad it was funny. Vince was annoying and always said "1,2,3 he got him.....no no he didn't,I thought for sure he'd got him.Mr.P was pure gold as a commentater. JBL at the moment is my 2nd favourite current annoucer my favorite being of course...Josh Matthews! Just Kidding it's JR. The guy is believable/passionaite and makes sense.:wwf:

JBL, Coach and Booker T were my favorites I hate all the others Styles, Taz, Ross, King, Heyman, Heenan and Cole.

I don't agree with you saying that monsoon was awful, he might have stumbled his words every now and then, but i think that many would agree that he's probalbly the 2nd best play by play man the wwe has ever had(behind JR) Cole is annoying, but i think that him and JBL compliment each other well. I could only wish that Heenan could still be an announcer(as he has throat cancer), cause he was incredibly entertaining and went well with JR when JR started out in WWE

Lawler, Stles, Ross, Cole and Taz suck the only good one there is THE ANNOUNCING GOD! JBL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back