Jason Jordan: Stroke of Genius or a Bad Decision?

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by Hard Hit Prince, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Hard Hit Prince

Hard Hit Prince Not really working as a

Jason Jordan is probably the most interesting character in WWE right now. 2017 has been a great year for the former American Alpha member, mainly because he has been given an opportunity to have an original character in the midst of a generic and beaten to a pulp midcard.

He discovered he had an Hall of Fame father, a former World Champion with big shoes to fill. Also, Raw's General Manager. He's been given an outlet to perform at the highest level against the highest competitors and showing he can hang. He's also been given a microphone and a way to go from the cookie cutter generic wrestler to a sophisticated face/heel dynamic.

It's all in the little things. I mean, he shows no fear going against the best of the best. Yet, he's such an annoying character asking his father for opportunities after failling time and time again. It's easy to hate a guy like that, because most likely we know a guy like him, who has a father with money or some power to give them opportunities that we would love to have. They are usually mediocre and if we could, we would punch them in the mouth too. In the most recent Raw he actually pulled some emotional manipulation by calling his father by his first name, instead of the usual "dad", just because he didn't have what he wanted.

I don't know where's that leading. One hopes to an Angle vs. Jordan match, with the father teaching the son a lesson for being a pain in the ass. But I for one am enjoying the heck out of this. However, I've read that some of you actually don't like the character or the guy for some reason, ence this thread.

Where do you think this is all leading? Is it been entertaining seeing Jason Jordan's growth? Did WWE choose the right man for the character?

Have fun!

No Count Pup likes this.
  2. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

I think it is one of the most embarrasing storylines WWE has ever done.

Firstly, it is ridiculous that Kurt Angle could have a son Jordan's age, and who doesn't even look like him. Either have him be Vince or Ric Flair's son, and then get someone who actually looks a little bit like him.

Secondly, when it was revealed, I felt the air go out of the room. People were excited with the impending announcement, hoping it would be Dixie Carter joining RAW, or that it was an affair with Stephanie, which would lead to a program with Triple H at WM (and finish that storyline from years ago which ended abruptly without an ending to it). Instead, it was some "illegitimate son".

Thirdly, Jason Jordan is the wrong person for this. He doesn't look like Kurt, and also, he lacks his charisma. You need someone who is better on the mike than this. People are annoyed with him because he sucks as a singles competitor, not because he acts "entitled".

He would have been better staying with American Alpha. They had potential to do great things on SD Live, if used right, and, at the time, they had already broken up Enzo and Cass, and the Golden Truth. The last thing WWE needed was to break up a third team, especially one with as much potential as "American Alpha". The only good that has come of this is the return of Shelton Benjamin.

Fourthly, Kurt Angle used to put himself across as the paragon of virtue, who had integrity, and acted moral. Having a child out of wedlock then makes him look like a hypocrite.

Fifthly, I don't think there should be an Angle v Jordan match. I don't think Angle can do singles matches anymore (because of his neck. Have you noticed how his two matches so far have been multi-man matches where he doesn't have to fight the whole match himself). Also, if Angle does a return singles match, it needs to be against a bigger opponent than Jason Jordan. I can't see Angle wrestling full time, so he needs to fight "big" opponents, like Triple H or A.J. Styles or someone, not someone like Jordan.

So, in closing, I don't enjoy the storyline and think that it could have been used with different people involved. If WWE wanted Jason Jordan on Raw so badly, why not just move him in a draft lottery, rather than this silly premise.

3. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

It's a bad decision but thankfully the WWE has an out with this only because of the nature of his father storyline with Kurt Angle.

In that Jason Jordan is not Angle's son and that he and the Authority (Triple H, Steph) falsified information and documents for whatever reason.

Still dumb but at least the story does have a somewhat acceptable "eject button"

4. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

I like where it’s been going a lot more since really he was taken out of the Survivor Series match. He is an annoying character, what a perfect heel. Kind of old school instead of liking the heel nowadays. Sure is he average on the mic but at least it wasn’t Roman Reigns bad when he started his singles run. I’ve liked his matches so much more since he has split with Gable. He has improved a lot if you ask me. Can I see him as a consistent main eventer? Not at the moment, he still needs to improve but if he continues the steady growth he has since he split with Gable then I can definitely see him sitting near the top of the card for a while. Give him a few good wins so after he splits with Kurt he can legitimately make a case for not getting big matches instead of just asking his dad and all should be sweet. He is nowhere near an act I am waiting to see each week but I will say he has improved, his character is working and has got management behind him it seems so sky can be the limit.

No Count Pup likes this.
  5. legendkiller1979

legendkiller1979 Pre-Show Stalwart

It's going to get him over. This isn't new. How many time has someone been beyond annoying and gotten themselves over? I think we all remember how ridiculous the new day were when they started. It's going to work.

6. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

It's really a terrific character and storyline arc. The WWE writers (i.e. the biggest heels in the WWE) deserve so much credit for this. They haven't made the story so obvious and it can still go in any number of directions.

Look at the fan reaction that Roman got on the show that he worked with Jordan. That was incredible. Fans are mad with Jason Jordan and they want him stopped. Fans like d_henderson1810 are so irate that it has either made him bad at math or forget when boys go through puberty.

Jordan gets heat. I wonder how many people who hate Jordan also say that they "cringe every time Stephanie speaks"? They are similar characters in that they are wrestling royalty offspring who are "trying" to be their parents but are different and therefore perceived to be failing in their attempted roles. It's great but ultimately a far bigger challenge for Jordan to continue since at some point he needs to evolve and further get over as a singles competitor. This can happen any number of ways or not happen at all. I'm excited about this. It's probably my #1 reason to watch Raw since Survivor Series.

No Count Pup, @smarkmouth and #hamler like this.
  7. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

I like Jason Jordan but not the storyline about him being Angle's father. No one's buying it and I know Wrestling is scripted and there's some fiction involved but Pro-Wrestling is a different beast that sets itself apart from Movies and TV. In that there's a component of the real world that exist in Wrestling because of the participation of the audience and how people's careers transcends beyond a certain promotion.

The bigger problem is that the Angle/Jason Jordan father son reveal came after the WWE's Networks 24 which an emotional real life look of Kurt Angle his about his successes, struggles, and redemption. It showed his family, his children, and him fighting his demons.

It was real then some time later we are presented with a bogus father/son storyline it felt like it was mocking what was presented in the WWE 24.

I think the storyline is dumb, I still do and will probably always will. That's not to say there isn't value to it as Jason Jordan might get over some day. The same way how I felt about the Eddie Guerroer/Mysterio/Dominic angle it was a dumb storyline but because Mysterio and Guerrero were so good that it helped Mysterio get over as a main eventer. Though if Jordan does get over, like that Mysterio story line, it will be despite the terrible story line and more on the talent.

Thankfully WWE has an out in that Jordan can say he was never Angle's father to turn him heel. Though I suspect this might make Angle look like a complete idiot that he fell for something the fans weren't.

#hamler likes this.
  8. Pika

Pika Pre-Show Stalwart

A lot of people criticized him as not getting over as a face, but I have also seen a rare person here and there say he was obviously meant to really be a heel months back. I wasn't sure to be honest. I wasn't too invested and felt pretty indifferent, but if you really sit down and analyze it there are a lot of cool things going on with him. If all of it was just to turn him into an entitled bratty heel the story line is actually pretty great.

I've seen some people bust out the "Insulting my intelligence" meme online about the angle considering he looks quite different from Kurt and what not. Considering we're talking WWE here I'm not sure where they have been since the mid 80's. After watching that abomination of a match between Strowman and Kane I'm not sure what these people consider not to be low brow or insulting. Everything on RAW is child friendly and there is no conviction in anything the "Superstars" say or even do.

I want to believe WWE made this a long term story line, because that'd be great. However it is WWE. I just can't believe this was their intention and was more of just a failed push. This is the company that has had multiple years, millions of dollars, sold out stadiums, an entire roster of star ready and established legends, and endless exposure on both television and PPV and still could not get one guy over. Pretending they actually give a shit about anything behind a single day is really hard to do considering the last 2 decades showing otherwise outside rare examples.

9. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

"Where do you think this is all leading?" - As of right now, I think it's ultimately leading to a Jordan heel turn and a possible match with Kurt Angle and WrestleMania. I've been very vocal about being against so many part timers wrestling at the biggest show of the year but at least this match would be an opportunity to elevate a young, fresh face on the roster. I don't want to see Angle vs. Triple H or Angle vs. Rock or whatever as I've no interest in seeing Attitude Era feuds rehashed; I loved the AE as much as anyone, it was a really fun and innovative time for wrestling but I'm interested in the here & now and the future rather than nostalgia. If they're going to have Angle wrestle at the biggest show of the year, then his opponent should be someone who has something to be gained from the match.

"Is it been entertaining seeing Jason Jordan's growth?" - I've enjoyed watching things happen with Jordan and I especially like the fact that WWE has been taking its time with him. This isn't a case where they've put him in a high profile storyline and then tried to elevate him to main event status within the span of a couple of months and it makes me happy to no end that they recognized and were aware of the fact that Jordan needs work. He's progressing nicely, he's making solid steps forward and he's already going the route of being a worthy heel. I've enjoyed that they haven't gone the route of making him a chicken shit heel as it's just not something that I think would work for him. While they're going the slow route of a full heel turn, they're keeping it in the forefront of the minds of fans that Jordan can really go in the ring, that he's a potential threat to anyone on the roster, as his match with Reigns decidedly showed. Was all this intentional or was it an example of WWE adapting along the way? Truth is, I don't really care because what's going on is working and that's really all that matters when it's all said and done.

"Did WWE choose the right man for the character?" - When it comes to a character like this and a story arc, you need someone that's a fresh face, someone who hasn't been solidified into a specific way in the minds of fans.

What's ridiculous is that you think a 49 year old man can't have a 29 year old son. People in their late teens and early 20s have children all the time, so I have no idea where this logic came from. And you seriously would prefer they went down the road of having him bein Vince McMahon's or Ric Flair's son? Now THAT is a ridiculous notion; for one reason, we've already gone down the road of Vince having an illegitimate son, it was originally supposed to be Mr. Kennedy but he was injured, yet again, so the idea was turned into a comedy angle in which Vince's illegitimate son was Hornswoggle. Authority figures are on TV enough as it is and seeing this one gobble up TV time isn't all that interesting a prospect. As for having him be Ric Flair's son, you think he could potentially bear more of a resemblance to Flair than he does to Angle? Jordan does bear something of a resemblance to Angle, some of their facial features are similar, Angle's tan gives him roughly the same skin complexion and Jordan had adopted some of Angle's in-ring mannerisms long before this storyline came about, so these are enough for a wrestling storyline like this one. Another reason why they were right in going with Angle is because unlike Vince and Flair, Angle is still able to wrestle without undue risk of injury or embarrassing himself if that's a direction they choose to take the story, though it's entirely possible an eventual in-ring clash between them has been the plan all along.

Issa Genesis likes this.
  10. #hamler

#hamler Trending Worldwide.

Jordan is a great wrestler. He's had some pretty high profile matches and his match with Reigns was one of the more memorable matches on Raw in quite some time. He's got tremendous skill in the ring and I don't think that comes off as a surprise. He and Gable had a pretty great streak in NXT continuously putting on the match of the night at nearly every Takeover. His in ring skills are great there's no question about it. It's the everything else that's kind of screwing him up.

The whole "but Daaaaaaad" thing is turning me off in a pretty big way. Not only is the angle fairly cringeworthy, it feels too forced. It all started off interesting enough. Kurt had a secret or whatever. The storyline had potential. It had potential to go a number of different ways than the one they went with. When the big reveal happened everyone was like "really?" and that was that. Jordan is pretty basic when it comes to personality but he had enough going for him without this angle.

If their end game is indeed a match with Angle, hopefully it ends with Jordan telling Kurt he isn't really his son. Realistically, I guess whatever they're doing is working. If I'm hating him he's doing his job. Whether that's intentional or not on Jordan's or WWE's part has yet to be figured out.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. The WWE has a great heel on their hands if Jordan can get Roman cheered. Im hopeful we'll see a program between the two over the Intercontinental Championship before we get to Wrestlemania.

11. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

I like most hated the this storyline when it began. It just seemed forced and not believable and like they were just trying to take another wrestler with an amateur background and trying to piggy back off of Kurt Angle's name and fame.
    However I think they realized Jason Jordan's face run wasn't working and there trying to take the story in a different direction. The promo from from Jordan before Survivor Series where Jordan was begging Kurt not to take him off the team was really well delivered by Jordan. Since then they have done a good job building Jordan as annoying, self entitled and trying to manipulate Kurt for a better position. It's is going to be a big moment and get huge heat when Jordan finally snaps and lays out Kurt. With The amount of time they have spent on this storyline and Kurt being cleared and available to work I see no reason not to have Jason Jordan vs Kurt Angle culminate at Wrestlemania.

#hamler likes this.
  12. d_henderson1810

First off, I commented on Angle having an illegitimate son. It isn't just the age difference, but the fact that Kurt Angle was meant to be a "moral" upright character who preached old American values and the three "i"s. Now, if he were a heel GM, you could write this off as him being a hypocrite, but as a face, it makes him look like bad.

I didn't agree with either Mr Kennedy or Hornswoggle being Vince's son either. Especially Hornswoggle.

I feel that an "illegitimate son" of Vince would be a good storyline, because then he could feud with Shane, and possibly Triple H, and spar verbally with Stephanie. They could try to undermine him, etc, or give him favourable treatment (I remember a season of "Tough Enough" where a guy pitched his gimmick of being "Vince's third child" and from another relationship, and he would come to WWE to his share of the McMahon empire. The guy didn't get through, but the idea has merit).

Isn't this storyline gobbling up time on an authority figure, GM Kurt Angle? What difference does it make if the authority figure is Vince or Kurt?

Yes he doesn't look like Flair, but I would have cast someone else in the role, then. I just think Jason Jordan is too bland and lacking charisma to be Angle's son.

"Angle's tan gives him roughly the same skin complexion".

Jason Jordan is black. That is not a tan. Angle is white, Jordan is black. Now I know that can happen (maybe the storyline mother is black), but it is insulting to compare a tan to someone's race.

Besides, Ric Flair has a darker tan than Angle.

"Unlike Vince and Flair, Angle is still able to wrestle without undue risk".

WTF? This is a guy who developed a painkiller addiction because he injured his neck. He puts himself in jeopardy everytime he wrestles.

He had two matches since he came back to WWE, both were multi-man matches. The one where he joined the Shield for the night, he was missing for half the match. In multi-man matches, he can rest while others do the heavy lifting, but in a singles match, you take more bumps. I know Angle wrestled on TNA, and he put himself at risk, but Vince is not going to risk a lawsuit if Angle isn't 100%.

Even if he is, why waste his return WWE singles bout on Jason Jordan? There are plenty of young guys who are more worthy of it (e.g. A.J Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura etc).

Jason Jordan is overrated. I see him as a tag-team wrestler. They should have kept American Alpha, and used someone else for this role. I can't see Jordan ever winning the Universal or WWE Title.

13. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

How exactly does it make him look bad? It's 2017, not 1917 where if you had a child out of wedlock people behaved as if it was the worst thing in the world. Too many people in the world today have premarital sex and have kids out of wedlock for inserting such draconian morals into things and expect it to work.

The time in which Kurt Angle has been on-screen isn't remotely in the same ballpark as with Vince, Stephanie, Triple H or Shane in the past. Up until the past month or so, we MIGHT see Shane or Kurt on screen for a total of 5 minutes a week. A significant difference is, as I've mentioned, they've gone down this road with the illegitimate McMahon son before and I just don't believe too many people would be interested because so many are just really burned out on the McMahon's being all over the product week in and week out.

To my knowledge, charisma isn't a genetic trait and Jordan is still coming into his own. And yes, I'm well aware that Jason Jordan is black but there are varying degrees of skin tone among those of African American descent and Jordan has what the Rock has termed in the past more of a peanut butter complexion along the same lines of himself and Roman Reigns and, when Kurt Angle when Angle really burns himself up tanning. I don't know how dark skinned Jordan's actual parents but his lighter skin tone suggest a biracial lineage.

He developed, past tense, an addition to painkillers and since he's not popping them like skittles anymore, so what? Angle has had to undergo a marathon of medical tests, anyone WWE signs that intends to wrestle a match has to undergo them and Angle obviously passed mustard. Even though he's wrestled two multi-man matches, again, so what? It's more than Flair and Vince are capable of at this point; Vince is 72 years old and even though he still works out like a fiend, he's at a point in his life where it's risky for him to even take bumps, let alone wrestle a match. And yes, I know he took some bumps for Kevin Owens and while it was entertaining, the risk was still there. Finally, Vince has said that he doesn't want to appear on television often anymore and that's why he hasn't in many years, which is a good decision because Vince is someone who was a centerpiece for WWE angles an storylines for over a decade. As for Ric Flair, he'll NEVER wrestle in a WWE ring again, nor should he, and he shouldn't wrestle again period; the last few times he wrestled in TNA, he suffered significant injuries requiring surgery. Also, about 8 or 9 weeks ago, Flair was a death's door so nothing remotely physical will ever happen to Flair if/when he sets foot in a WWE ring again.

One reason why I think Jordan is good for this role is because it's something that actually impact his career. Just using the three you mentioned, one problem is that they're all on SmackDown and while I'm sure a "trade" could be made, there's no real point.

When it comes to Styles, he and Angle fought ad nauseam in TNA and Styles is established as a major player in WWE; he's been WWE's in-ring MVP for the last 2 years, he's been 2 time United States Champion and is currently on his 2nd run as WWE Champion, which marks his 9th overall time holding an internationally famous World Championship.

Kevin Owens has been treated as and consistently booked as one of the top players on the main roster since he arrived. Owens has been consistently booked in top programs and many of which have involved him going up against guys like Orton, Cena or Reigns. He's a 3 time US Champ, 2 time Intercontinental Champion and spent 6 months as Universal Champion.

As for Nakamura, even though he's yet to really be in what many would consider a marquee program, he's already established as one of the most over guys on the roster. I wouldn't have an issue with him facing Angle as it'd be much more of a boon to his WWE career than it would for Styles or Owens, but I think there'd be concerns regarding Angle's health in a match with Nakamura; I like Nakamura, but the guy can be a little reckless at times. Nakamura likes to wrestle that stiff, strong style that's common in Japan and maybe it'd give Vince pause to put them in a bout together.

Is he overrated or do you just not like the guy? There's a difference, a major difference, between the two. A couple of years ago, Roman Reigns was overrated, I don't think he is now but he was then. Why? Because he was constantly put into programs and into spots in which he didn't have the ability. However, he's learned and improved since that time to the point that had he started getting those big pushes now, I think it'd be a different story. Right now, Jason Jordan is in the middle of a storyline with a good amount of attention put on it, he's slowly progressing as a character & on working the mic and he's getting strong responses from the fans who're getting into his increasingly heelish behavior while simultaneously putting on strong matches. I don't know if he'll ever be WWE or Universal Champion, I know that he's definitely not ready right now but I'm not going to write him off before he even really gets a chance.

Right now, I think Jordan has done a good job with what he's been given. However, as this story goes on, there'll come a time in which he'll have to step things up a notch during his promos, he'll have to step things up to draw fans into who he is and keep them interested in where he's going. That will be when he'll have to carry as much weight in this program as Angle is and that's when his biggest tests begin.

14. Eyebrows

Eyebrows Guest

I find this a bit insulting, to be honest. Like anyone who has a child outside of marriage or accidentally is a gas person or a hypocrite even if they spend the rest of their life being ‘good’?

Not to mention, Kurt in his three “i” days wasnt moral or upright anyway, he was a cowardly, hypocrite heel most of the time.

The reveal was flat, he was crap as a face, but I think he’s nailing it right now. I see his whingey face and want him to get his ass kicked and genuinely look forward to seeing how he’s going to manipulate Angle. I think he’s good in the ring too.

It’s something a bit different too. I imagine it’s heading towards HHH vs Angle but that Jordan will be involved somehow.

15. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

This storyline was worth doing, only if Jordan turns heel.

He's simply not working as a face but has turned into a great heel. If that was intentional, props to WWE. Even if it wasn't, they still have a great heel.

Now he's certainly not great on the mic, but I could see him being one of the few wrestlers who gets actual heat and isn't cheered by any of the crowd.

I'm still a little scared they're intent on pushing him as a face and won't turn him, but hopefully they will. He could be one of the top heels on Raw.

I also wouldn't mind him facing Angle at WrestleMania. I have no interest in Angle vs HHH, which I'm assuming will happen.

#hamler likes this.
  16. Wolf Pac

Wolf Pac Mid-Card Championship Winner

He still needs more improvement in areas but yeah he's getting over just fine as he's a character that can easily get you to hate him and be so annoyed by. He also has that underdog thing down as everybody underestimates him before they get in the ring with him and he proves himself. Guy managed to do the impossible and get Roman Reigns cheered over him. When he turns on Angle and faces him at Wrestlemania, everybody is going to want to see him get his ass kicked, something you can't say about a lot of heels today.

Uh, by 2005, Kurt Angle was stalking Sharmell and wanting to have "beastiality sex" with her.

17. Jonyboyuk2

Jonyboyuk2 Getting Noticed By Management

I like the performer- hes a good wrestler. But this is a ridiculous storyline. Reminds me of the Hornswoggle storyline where he was Vince's son and the mysterious GM. Not sure what the pay-off will be with this story - even if he turns on Angle or Angle turns on him - it was such a quickly put together story it won't capture peoples imagination.

18. TakeTheSting

TakeTheSting Dark Match Winner

I would put him with Heyman. He has all the skills in the world and I love watching him in the ring, but when he speaks he’s beyond annoying.

19. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Jason Jordan being pushed due to being chosen to be the son of Kurt Angle in a storyline was a BAD idea. It's been forced and difficult to watch. Jordan's good in the ring, and.... that's it. His mic skills are horrible and I struggle to find a reason to care about anything the guy does. In American Alpha fans got behind them as a team more due to Gable than anything. Without that team, Jason Jordan is nothing. It was the worst storyline of 2017 and it needs to end. The most entertaining thing Jordan ever did was throw vegetables at Elias at TLC. He could have done that with or without this stupid storyline. Really not sure what the WWE were thinking with this one. It did get Jordan some more exposure though at the end of the day he will end up being remembered as the guy they pretended was Kurt's son.

20. Garak

Garak Occasional Pre-Show

Kurt could easily have a son that age. But, it is an embarrassing storyline in a lot of ways. The out of wedlock thing isn't a big deal. Kurt was a hypocritical heel for a while.

While it's getting Jordan some good TV time, this angle has little to no shelf life, and I don't see a major push coming out of it; a major burying is way more likely.

21. d_henderson1810

See, I think this would have worked better with Gable as Kurt's son.

Not only is he the same color, but I think Gable has more charisma and more personality, as well as talent. He brings a more "rounded" package to the table than Jason Jordan does.

#hamler likes this.
  22. #hamler

#hamler Trending Worldwide.

I agree with you almost completely here.

It's entirely possible the reason so many people soured on this angle is because they expected Chad Gable to be the big reveal from the start. Him and Kurt were both Olympic athletes, both are smaller guys with insane wrestling abilities and both guys can throw the best suplexes to guys twice their size — their similarities are too extreme not to be at least noted on. Imagine Gable in Jordan's shoes though. While I'm sure Gable can put on great matches like Jordan has been doing on Raw, I don't want him demoted to whining about not getting enough attention from his Daddy. The WWE writers can never fully be trusted into making sure an angle plays out well. And this angle is proof of it so far. While Jason Jordan was suppose to be this huge baby face, he's went the complete and opposite route. I'm not so sure Gable I would've wanted that for Gable.

23. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

I like shooter_mcgavin and hamler's idea for an out by revealing Jordan isn't really Angle's son. Maybe they could even have Jordan say that he used to get his way to the top. Also, I can see Gable in Jordan's position.

#hamler likes this.
  24. d_henderson1810

While I agree that Chad Gable deserves a better storyline than this, I think he could make a good heel, and could come across as manipulative and take advantage of Angle and not lose his cred better than Jason Jordan can.

I personally see more upside to Chad Gable long-term, and was stunned that they pushed Jordan ahead of him.