Mid-Card Championship Winner
Between 2013-2016, here's J.J. Abrams rumored work schedule for film:

-Star Trek: Into Darkness
-Cloverfield 2
-Star Wars: Episode VII
-Star Trek 3
-Mission: Impossible 5
-Half-Life

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: God of the Nerds.

Everything but Half-Life has been officially announced. That bit of wonderful news came at a recent panel where both JJ and Gabe Newell were speaking. They announced that Bad Robot (JJ's production company) wanted to make a video game, and Valve wanted to make a Half-Life movie, so they were going to join forces for the sake of progress. And my heart.

As far as geek news goes, I don't think think it could get any better than it has the last few weeks. What with the Star Wars bombshell, and then Paramount saying they still want him for Star Trek 3 at the same time. I'm not trying to build up JJ Abrams as some sort of film-making diety, because he's had a few "meh" productions, but when it comes down to the sci-fi genre, there are very few people better than him that are currently making movies. Ridley Scott comes to mind. Peter Jackson does fantasy better than pretty much anyone, just from LOTR credit alone. I guess you could make a case for James Cameron's Avatar, but that movie has a very split opinion.

Барбоса;4324703 said:
Will a Half-Life film series be released in increasingly shorter segments?

It's entirely likely Abrams will have filmed the entire Half Life series complete with Portal Movie spin offs before the next Half life game comes out. :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back