It's the booker man yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
Can you dig it?

It's just this minute occured to me, That Booker T has done shit in TNA so far. I think he has been in three fueds since he became part of the roster in 2007. It sadden's me really, As I was a fan of King Booker towards the end of his run with WWE.

Yes he did have a lengthy fued with Robert Roode, But the only thing from the fued I remember is Roode smacking Sharmell in the face, Thus meaning I can't remember ANY of Booker's "Moment's" in the fued.

Then Booker some how became the number one contender to Samoa Joe's TNA title. In the exchanges they had, I only remember Joe going crazy, And hitting Booker with a giutar shot to retain, Thus setting the wheels of the Main Event Mafia in motion.

And that brings me to his current position, Lackey. That's all he is in the Mafia, He hasn't been at the forefront of the war, Kurt Angle, And Sting have. He brought in the Legends Championship as well, But "his" title isn't in the midst of a fued, It's just part of a bigger picture, The Mafia vs The Frontline.

So this brings me to my point of Booker not doing shit for TNA, That someone else on the roster couldn't have done.

What do y'all think of Booker's time in TNA?

With Booker, it was just about the idea of stealing a big star from WWE. It's quite stupid as it's not like Booker never did anything in WWE. The guy was a legitimate main eventer. This is nothing but another reason why TNA is stuck in the same place they are now. When you get a legitimate big star like Booker he's not someone that you just throw in the middle of nowhere and expect magic to come from it. The Roode angle was just a waste as no matter how you slice it, Roode is a tag team wrestler and nowhere near as great as people say he is. That was almost an insult to Booker's credibility as a worker. In short, booker has been completely wasted by TNA. He should have been the focal point of their company for awhile, but instead, like Spunky said, he's a lackey. Truly a sad thing to see indeed.

I have to agree with Prim, but respectfully disagree with you KlunderBunker (we're doing that a lot lately).

First, let me say that I have not liked Booker T since his days as one half of Harlem Heat. I feel he was overused then and extremely overused in the WWE, despite the people who will argue that he's a great wrestler and under utilized. This may just be a personal thing, but fuck it, that's why it's an opinion forum.

BUT... and let me reiterate, BUT... his feud with Robert Roode was the best thing TNA has done in the past two years !!! It was exactly what they should do with washed up WCW / WWE talent -- use them to push their guys !!! He gave Roode an incredible rub during that feud and I really thought it was well done. It was carried out the appropriate amount of time, it included an angle which caused pure hatred towards Roode (slapping Booker's bitch), and it ended with a rarely used gimmick match (not the typical cage match). I can't believe I'm saying this, but TNA ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING GOOD AND YOUR STILL PISSING ON IT !!! They had Roode set up to make the perfect transition into the biggest heel in their company. He does have great potential in the ring to be fantastic. He is extremely well versed on the mic. He does the "look" that could be capitalized upon for years !!! Unfortunately, he also does make a great tag team wrestler too and with all the "E" retreds in TNA right now, I'm afraid he'll be stuck there indefinitely.

As for what Prim said, yes, Booker is being used wrong, but so is every other former WCW / WWE guy in TNA.

As for Kunder Blunker - IMO, Booker was a big star in name only - and should never become the focal point for TNA. They have enough washed up "stars" in the focal point now. Please dear God, don't throw another one into the mix.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Booker T. I just don't find him to be very good. I can't remember ever seeing a classic match from the guy, and his promos annoy me as they are way too stereotypical. That commentating he did on iMPACT was terrible, despite smarks saying it was the best thing to happen to TNA. I don't think he should have been a legitimate main eventer in the WWE. With that being said, he is a big star in TNA. The Main Event Mafia is overshadowing him. And the same can be said for Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash, but to be fair, these 3 aren't as good as Sting and Kurt Angle.

Booker shouldn't be the face of TNA. But he is worthy enough to hold the TNA Heavyweight Title. I didn't see Booker debut in TNA, but I did see his feud with Samoa Joe. That is the only thing I remember Booker doing that has been even remotely interesting. The AJ Styles/Booker T feud over the Legends Title wasn't long enough to amount to anything great.

In a way I'm glad Booker hasn't been the focal point of the show as I'm not a fan of him. But he doesn't deserve to be a lackey in the Main Event Mafia. He's better than that. If TNA wasn't so determined to shove Sting and Angle down our throats, maybe we'd see Booker in more main events. He's a great asset to TNA, but he's not a neccessity and to an extent I do believe he is overrated.

This is a surprisingly wordy thread. I was hoping for easily digestible, bite size chunks. Imagine by disappointment when I uncover in depth analysis about Booker T's TNA career. Heartbreaking stuff.

Booker was wasted on his initial run in TNA. It's all well and good to put people over, but have you seen Robert Roode lately? All that feud did was depreciate Booker's value. There were no winners. They'd teased a feud with Christian Cage, and they really should have gone with that. Alas, they didn't.

Booker'll be stuck in upper midcard hell along with Scott Steiner for the next four years, saying hello to Joe and Styles as they bounce up and down the card. It's more of a purgatory than a hell. Still, this was always inevitable.

Booker T seemed better as a tag team wrestler to me.He did have great feuds in his singles career but the booker i liked best was when he was in harlem heat.Booker's role now is a lot like his role he had when he was in WWE's nWo faction.He has talent no doubt but i think he thinks hes bigger then he actually is and when guys get the idea that they are better then companies may see them thats when problems come up.

Booker has had amazing matches in the past against guys like Benoit, Bret Hart, even worked some good matches with Cena. I think the problem is the fact that he is a heel. Booker works better as a face in my opinion and should really be out of the MEM all together. Booker the heel just looks like a total ass, where as I think the "former bad ass who is now humble and grateful to the fans" makes him look alot better and helps him get over in big matches.

I can't believe someone actually said booker t was washed up. really?? compare him to the rest of the rejects in tna. hes in a decent shape, he can still move well and take good bumps. you cant just say anyone who left wwe is washed up, especially since he left WWE on his own. the commentary on tna that one time was horrible. he shoulda shut up and let nash talk. he's a lot better on the mic. his tna run has been less than memorable, but i think he's doin the right thing helpin to build aj styles up again. he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back