Italian vs Mexican Food

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Arguably the two most well known and beloved types of dishes out there. Which do you think is better though? Do you prefer a Taco or Spaghetti? Some Fajitas or Lasagna? Burrito or Pizza? Mexican food is faster to make, but Italian has a touch of gourmet to it. At least in my eyes, I prefer Italian. The variation of sauces utilized and the mixture with different pastas is always different and great tasting. I get the same from Mexican food, but it tends to be spicy. I do like spicy, but I prefer eating something "saucy".

I also love Mexican food. Especially Burritos with melted cheese on top. Either that or some Nachos with cheese and some Salsa. It always has some veggies in it, so it's good to eat. But at the same time, the taste is pretty much similar with every dish. The only real change is the main component. The shell.

So what is your preferred "foreign" food-style?

I enjoy them both because they both have completely different styles. With Italian, you get a very rich and filling dinner. It combines all of these exquisite flavors, and combines different oils and wines. That all makes for a very nice meal. My favorite Italian dishes are Chicken Francaise, Chicken Parmigiana, and Chicken Pellegrino. But I like most Italian food. From chickens to sausages to pastas - it's all good.

I also enjoy Mexican food. It doesn't combine all the different exquisite flavors that Italian food does, but it still has a very unique flavor. There are so many different dishes that can be made. Nachos, tacos, taquitos, and sopes are among my favorite Mexican dishes.

I like each food the same so I really can't say that I favor one over the other.

This is one near impossible question to answer. I love both. It depends on my mood I guess. at the moment I would kill for some tacos. I love hot and spicy food, But you can put chilli in either of them. Sit a bowl of home made lasagna and a plate of taco's in front of me and I will have a nervous breakdown trying to decide Which one I should have. If the question was Which would I prefer to cook, it would be Italian. Mexican food is simple to make, where Italian food you can tweak and tune it your own way yet keeping it simple. I love experimenting with good pasta's and stuff.

Living in America, I prefer Italian food over Mexican food. I think they're both equal in terms of tastiness, but the Americanization of Mexican food makes it damn near impossible to enjoy (with the exception of such places as Chipotle and Qdoba). I'd value an authentic Mexican restaurant much more than I'd value an authentic Italian restaurant, but the former are few and far between where I live.

I dont like overbearing spice which seems to be the main characteristic of Mexican food in Britain. But I like enchiladas etc but Im honestly not sure what the definition of Mexican food is.

I love Italian though.

You forgot chinese food, but whatever.

I'm in the same boat as Sparky. It really depends on the mood I'm in. If mood is taken out of the equation, I cant really choose which one I like more. There are times when I crave some Chicken Parmigiana or some pizza. But there are also times when some sort of saucy dish is the last thing I want to eat. On the other hand, I'm spanish so I love tacos, burritos, and rice and beans. I think I probably lean more towards mexican/spanish food, but its very dependent on what I feel like eating.

I could live on pasta dishes, Italian food has so much variance to it. I cant really comment on Mexican food as i love fajitas and enchiladas but over here we dont really have a big mexican market and whenever im in vegas Taco Bell is about as Mexican as i have had, im sure i would love it as i love all things spicy. My favourite foreign dish is Chicken Paella, delightful.

Hard choice, but it goes to Italian. Italian is way more savory, where as Mexican food I could eat a lot more of. I'm not the biggest fan of spices outside and curry, so a lot of Mexican stuff can get over powering. Italian is richer and more varied, and contains some of my favorite dishes like lasagna, spaghetti, pasta and pizza. With Mexican, I could only eat Nacho's, and enchiladas, though enchiladas are quite possibly my favorite thing in the world to eat, although I'm sure in Ireland it's not the same as Mexicans would have them.

Tough call, but it goes to the Italians.

This is a hard question to answer. Its like choosing which of your two kids would you save from a burning house? There is no right answer. :banghead: Damn you. I am a deep lover of both foods. Especially when the Man Vs Food guy visits any Italian or Mexican restaurant and they show the gooey cheese and the sauces at both places. I know a local restaurant called El Mezcal makes some delish Steak Tacos, and a Big Burrito that can feed about 3 people. Their margaritas are out of this world.

My city doesn't really have very many good Italian Restaurants. There was one called Constantino's that was run by a local radio DJ, but it closed. Damn, did it make the BEST ever chicken parmesan, and a great tiramisu... :p They also had this Italian Wedding cake that they would use for wedding rehearsal dinners..talk about heaven on a plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back