Is WWE Using The Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawd101

Pre-Show Stalwart
This has been in the back of my mind for a while. some things seem to start online but seem to fit to perfectly into the show. ill try to keep it short because long posts are hard to read but i have more examples...

months before the CM PUNK shoot there were stories on how punk would not resign. this may have been true but the cena storyline worked to well to have been last minute. how well it worked also seems to be to good to be true. punk probably resigned a few weeks b4 MITB.

the whole SIN CARA thing seemed to play out online. SCazul did not go to fcw so the introduction of his moveset led to many awkward moments that are often reserved for house/regional shows. both sc have there own moves but only the IWC would think they are different people based on the news stories. this rivalry may have been planned well before SCazules debut since they were both mysitico and SC never had a fued in his first few months.

laurenitis was in online stories before he ever made his tv debut. his becoming gm was probably planned before he interferred in the MITB match. i knew who he was when i saw him only because i read the news on this site.

we know BIG SHOW and KANE were not actually hurt but seem to have been given a vacation (or movie break) so they do not fall into the midcard and can remain main event/upper card talent. big show proved this with his return and im sure kane will aswell. (kozlov and kali were taken out to show the end of their careers as superstars).

ZACK RYDER i believe was a huge surprise to the WWE. no one expected this as you can see from his booking since the show started. i believe zack will have a big 2012 because they know they have to use him now. wwe plans roughly 4-6 months ahead. they are probably working on WM now.

HHH is playing a mcmahon. steph and shane have played the same role. he is the best because he was great wrestler before becoming a mchmahon so he has street cred. never have we seen a top guy take that role in the WWE. he had no one to face post WM but now they are using him every week

after NASH appeared there were stories on NWO and after the walkout their were stories on tyson kidd and tatsu on WWE.com....niether happened but were widely discussed in the IWC. laurentitis/christian/otunga/cody/dolph/etc... is not nwo but still may be something similar since the response online seemed mostly positive to a heel stable (especially one involving vickie)

There was recently an article on how VINCE is willing to use non full timers. it worked with the rock and stone cold. he used NASH and it appears FOLEY and JBL seem to be in the works. bret HART, HBK and EDGE will also be around. who else will be see? brock to hype his UFC fights???

recent news leads me to believe morrison is gone or in for a big push/heel turn post survivor series. tv leads me to believe mason ryan, brodus, ryder, and sheamus will have big rumble showings. lesnar is always in the news and with dana white's recent endorsement of the WWE we may see cross promotion.

the tag team division has been a complaint for a while but but it seems like they are actually working on that. i am curious to see where it is in a years time.

In my opinion wwe is more exciting then it has been in a long while. if you are still hating then stop watching because it will only get worse. if there are things i missed please fill me in, ill admit i know less then most people on this board. all i know is wwe seems to contradict IWC news/opinions.

You sidetracked yourself midway through, but YES. WWe has been working the media, social, TMZ or any of the others.

As far as the "Selling injuries" that's been a device in pro wrestling for generations, most injuries are worked. Zack Ryder is a genius, he's worked hard enough to be at about a Dolph Ziggler level, if not higher. He really knows how to give the audience what they want.

i was actually thinking the same thing.!!
the storylines were too good to fit in the storylines especially the PUNK SHOOT and the Sin Cara issue. I LIKE IT!! its a good way for the company to stay ahead of the game and even the fans.
ZAK RYDER i think isn't the real deal and theres blogger supporting him that are just their to promote him, I HONESTLY dont get him and dont see anything special.

I REALLY REALLY hope Morrison can turn Heel and do something big in the same way Punk did, seriously John Hennigan has something special that can attract a mainstream audience but continuing as morrision i dunno but he will set up good feuds with Christians and younger taletn on smackdown.
dont believe me ...... I predicted PUNK would be face of company by 2012-2013.
i predicted Cody Rhodes would be way better than Debiase in late 2010.
Dolph Zieggler is a real good wrestler when everybody laughed at him in 2010.
John would win tough enough(even though he got eliminated first rnd)

I also predict Jihnder Mahal N Just gabriel will make it as a top level talent in 2016.
Slater,Kidd will be very good talent too.
BUT WADE BARETT,SHEAUMUS, MCINTYRE(ugh oh!!)
will be a trinity of attitude that will dominate the decade and promote the WWE into the UK.those 3 feuding will be like the attitude era like when it was rock vs austin vs HHH.

I LOVE how they are using the media as a way to work the fans. They know how technology has changed the world, and they knew they needed to adapt. This adds more depth to storylines and possibly even quicker storylines that would normally take months to make. I hope they keep this up. I don't want them to get over-the-top with breaking news every day and stuff like that, but if they use it WISELY it will help them tons!!!!

Also, I'm kinda confused...I thought UFC and WWE were rivals? Read that Dana is a big WWE fan, so it's good to see them working together!

I also love how WWE is using the social media side of things, it may have gotten to the game a little late but they are using it to it's full effect now. Zack Ryder has pushed it to a new level, would love to see more of this in the future like the Miz and R-truth youtube vid.

How is this new news? Every one of your points has an existing thread in the WWE sections on the forum. I have to close it because it's just another thread with multiple duplicate topics. If you want to discuss those topics, post in the existing threads.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back