Is the Tag Team division going downhill?

I think the Uso's and the Wyatt's made Tag team wrestling worth watching again. Although Vince hates tag team wrestling, HHH doesn't. The tag team titles have some prestige now thanks to the current top two teams in the divisions. There are some teams around that are either about to get pushed or need to be pushed in order to solidify the division that much more.

Rybaxel - They got the goods, they just need the credibility
Rhodes Brothers - Gimmick pretty much saved both of their careers
Kofi/Big E - if monday goes the way I think it should, you can throw their names in the hat as well

Let's not forget about the Ascension from NXT. They seem to be ready for a call up at anytime. I think they will be a perfect team to come up and make some noise.

All in all I believe the division is fine. It just needs a little more juice to the tune of 2 or 3 more teams that the crowd can latch on to.

I admit I chuckled a little when I read the topic. Is the tag division going downhill? Uhm, nope. For over 10 years the tag division had been dead, buried and its grave defecated on. What you see nowadays actually is BETTER than what it used to be.

While it may still be a shadow of what it used to be in the 80s and later again in the early 2000s, it really is going in the right direction again now. There's lots of stuff to complain about in the current state of the WWE, but the tag division isn't one of those things.

I'm pretty sure rybaxel are being built up as relevant and potential title contenders. I can't recall if it was Smackdown or Raw(I'm pretty sure it was Smackdown but correct me if I'm wrong) this week that JBL and Cole were talking about how they've been on a roll recently and Cole asked JBL what could possibly help them get on such a roll blah blah...

So hopefully they are bought back to relevance soon. You also have The Ascension down in NXT, who could be bought up whenever and it wouldnt even be hard to do. Just have the Uso's go out and talk about how they've beaten everyone and the best tag team in the world and BAM! out comes the ascension.

That would leave

The Wyatt's
The Uso's
Rybaxel
The Ascension

And potentially
New Nation of Domination
Rey Mysterio and anyone (Lets be honsest at this stage of his career I think mysterio should just stick to Tag team wrestling, less demand on the body, could even extend his career a bit longer. The obvious choice of partner is Sin Cara but he's currently working a tag team in NXT with Kalisto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back