Is anyone else sick of seeing former talent in tna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:i dont like bishof your right the old guys were good along time ago they should leave it that way:l

thats the point htey are leaving it that way would stone cold have ever made it if he didnt beat Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels? Would Chris Jericho have made it if he never beat Stone Cold the Rock and Shawn michaels? would Sting have ever made it if he didnt beat Vader and Ric Flair? Would Hulk Hogan have made it if he didnt beat The Iron Sheik? I could go on and on and on, the old guys or "WWE rejects" as they have been called TNA would stand no chance in being viable competition for WWE because the stars wouldnt be considered "credable" I mean if you are a casual fan who mostly only watches WWE because thats the big dog in the yard and u hear about the some new team like Beer Money beating the nWo or even former members of the nWo ur interested but if u hear Beer Money beat Matt Morgan and Hernandez you might as well have heard that there was a bum fight. big deal these names mean nothing to the casual fan.

^^^Exactly no one cares about the new guys if they cant get in there and beat the old guys. Some are not really needed (Nastys) but if you have two names or teams fighting that a casual wrestling fan doesnt know about they wont care, now add some name value to one of those teams and eyebrows will be raised.

Look, there is no real issue with bringing stablished guys in, I mean, you have to see that not all of them are rejects and WWE don't think about them as a waist of time. I will expose this with 3 cases.

1. Christian: He was no reject at all, for those of you who does not know, since he got a lack of a push he decided not to renew his contract and he went to TNA, A lot of people though he was done with the WWE for good and that they would not care for him, which was proven wrong because years later they asked him to come back.

2. Gail Kim: Now we all can talk how the WWE has mistreated Gail, first releasing her with no real excuse, then after her success on TNA they wanted her back.

3. Team 3D: The only reason they are not back is because they does not want to, WWE has looked for them several times. The WWE let their contracts run out but has been pending on them ever since.

My point is, there is no shane into look at other' company talent, I know also that TNA is a company that will give them an opportunity when they are let go by the WWE but they need to be careul not to harm their own talent in the process, perfect example of this Bobby Lashey defeating Samoa Joe, what was the purpose of that for real? Joe was supposed to be the biggest treath of TNA, none in the MEM could really take him down, then enters Lashley to no real reaction whatsoever but since he was a big WWE superstar (Which can be discussed because in my view he was way overrrated and over pushed) he defeated the Man not even MEM can really defeat and by submission non the less. Sean Morley beating Daniels was also not that good, don't get me wrong, Morley is a good wrestler and nad has a good presence but how come someone who recently was a World title contender gets defeated by a new midcard comer? Now I am not going to start with the NW...sorry, the "Band" because eventhough thay can still do a good promo, they can barely wrestle anymore and are taking time form the guys who broke their back to be were they are now.

So I am all for the guys coming, just respect and don't hurt your own in the process.

I wanted to start a threads about a subject similar to this one but i thought that this would be a great place to put this.

What if the WWE resign all the new guys TNA just brought in? Sure i don't want to see the Nasty boys or Hall & Waltman near the WWE but all the rest of the guys Like Jeff Hardy and Mr.Anderson who are not contractually oblicated to TNA would be a major surprise for the WWE and would probably hurt TNA in the long run.

Personally, i'm like some of you, i'm tired of seeing former WWE talents coming to TNA because they are taking place from guys who could have done just has well of a job as these guy.

Just look at some of the guy the brought in lately

Sean Morley: Could be replace by Daniels or Desmond Wolfe and you couldn't tell the difference

Orlando Jordan: Pretty much anybody can take his place

Mr.Anderson: I could see Eric Young in that role easily plus like if what i read is true, Anderson is staying long anyway

Like i said, sure it was fun at first to see theses guys come in but now there are no point for them and anyway most of them sign at a short term deal or a day to day deal so that preety much mean that if the WWE is interested in bringing any of them back, thay can negociate with them because on a day to day deal, they are not obligated to TNA and if a better offer happens they can take it.

I have seen several of you in this thread constantly call all of TNA's acquisitions WWE rejects. That's fine. You have your opinion. You are also the same group of people who calls for TNA to get RVD.

I, for one, would not call Hogan a WWE reject. I am sure Vince would take him back right now, RIGHT NOW, if Hogan called. Morley and Kennedy are perfectly capable of putting a good match, and I would argue that TNA would have been a better fit for Kennedy all along. Kennedy is talented in the ring, and overblown and kind of bland on the mic. It used to be fresh, but the joke has kind of gotten old. In TNA, for one, his in ring skills will get him over more, and the non PG rating will allow him to freshen up his character.

ANd Jeff Hardy a WWE reject? Really? He was the World Champ three times last year! He chose to not resign. He was the most over guy in the company. That is not a WWE reject.

Hall, Waltman, and The Nastyz are temporary and are just there so that viewers that are coming back recognize someone. TNA will draw those fans to AJ Styles and Daniels soon enough.

What I am tired of is people who shit on an angle before it even gets going. I didn't see anyone react to the way they killed the MEM. It wound up being brilliant, but everyone shit on that angle so early, that no one wanted to look bad.

TNA is great right now. I love everything they are doing right now.

I have to agree. I'm sick of seeing former 80s wrestlers try and reclaim their former glory like hogan,the nasty boys,flair,hall-Nash and waltman ect... Sure they were great back in the day but come on ppl retire already. Hogan like Vince is money hungry and what ppl can't see is hogan can't wrestle he never could so how can he help a company that wants to show case the young talent when all he ever did in the buisness was talk do a leg drop,clothsline,an elbow smash and the famous hogan shake(lol). Sorry but Dixies pick of hiring hogan and bishoff will only result in another wcw failure from beginning to end. Every storyline that will be showcased by tna will be a rehashed wcw match or skit from back in the day.

I'm not sick of seeing former talent in TNA at all. If anything, all these federation jumps have made things more interesting. What's wrong with TNA bringing in wrestlers who they know will benefit the federation by being a part of the roster? Big names bring in more fans, which brings more success. Not all of the guys they bring in are "rejects", I'll agree that some are.... but definitely not all of them. I'm all for TNA bringing in established big names because it will help them become more easily recognized. They do need to keep on pushing their own guys too though. That's just as important in the long run since the more established guys are getting older and can't main event forever.

I have to agree. I'm sick of seeing former 80s wrestlers try and reclaim their former glory like hogan,the nasty boys,flair,hall-Nash and waltman ect... Sure they were great back in the day but come on ppl retire already. Hogan like Vince is money hungry and what ppl can't see is hogan can't wrestle he never could so how can he help a company that wants to show case the young talent when all he ever did in the buisness was talk do a leg drop,clothsline,an elbow smash and the famous hogan shake(lol). Sorry but Dixies pick of hiring hogan and bishoff will only result in another wcw failure from beginning to end. Every storyline that will be showcased by tna will be a rehashed wcw match or skit from back in the day.

Did I miss something? Did Hogan put himself in an iron man match with AJ Styles, or is he still doing that authority figure thing? I can't remember. I assume he will wrestle a match or two at some point, but do you honestly think we're going to get a weekly Hogan match?

Do you think the Nastys are going to stick around? Do you think Waltman or Hall are going to stick around? Of course not. They're there for a reason, and when their usefulness has expired, so will they.

The only talent acquisition issue I have is the Nasty Boys. When Bubba and D-von came out and cut that promo, Bubba said exactly what I was thinking " Where the hell have the Nasty Boys been for the last 10 years? "

To me signing them is a waste. I understand using the older talent to give the rub to the younger talent, but is that happening with them? No, it certainly isn't. They are entering a feud wit Team 3D, who sure as hell don't need the rub. The only thing that worries me is the Nasty Boys have a reputation for being stiff, and stiff workers aren't always good workers, so hopefully their stiffness don't lead to another wrestler's injury.

...look at it this way...if you got fired/released by WWE and wrestling is still your #1 job that you love, wtf would you expect yourself to do?

What you say makes sense from the point of view of people who were released by WWE. When it comes to guys like Kennedy and Kendrick, they don't owe Vince McMahon a damn thing. He fired them and they have a perfect right to go to TNA or wherever else they can make a living as a wrestler.

But I can't help feeling a little different when I see people like Taz, Christian and Tara taking a deliberate step downward. After all, they were gainfully employed by the top wrestling organization in the world..... and they decide to quit and join a lesser company (in terms of assets, revenues, merchandising, ratings, etc). Sure, I understand the desire to work a less demanding schedule, but I can't help feeling that doing what Taz & the others did is like hearing Derek Jeter say:

"I don't like playing in the Major Leagues anymore. I think I'll send myself down to Triple-A."

Once you've made it to the top, maybe it's best to stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back