Iron Maiden's Final Frontier=progressive?

El Rev sXe

If you have ghosts...
I was re listening for the second or third time the newest record of Maiden: The Final Frontier. First of all, let me say that is an amazing album! The first two songs sucks! But then the record gets really, and I mean REALLY interesting.

Now I have all the Maiden records, is my top 3 fav band of all time, so I can see/know the progression of Iron Maiden within this 20 years or more... With the first two records and Paul Di'Anno were kinda punk-ish if you what I mean. Then, with the arrival of Dickinson they found completely their heavy metal sound! Couple of years later they have this guy, Blaze Bayley:disappointed: a sound for Maiden pretty.....weird! A little dark... However, Dickinson came back for the record of Brave New World being a lil less metal and becoming more hard rock (by any means I say that it was a bad thing!). Then with the record "A Matter of Life and Death" they took a different but awesome direction.
Now with the Final Frontier, IMO Maiden took again a different direction, this time I think it's kinda progressive.

As far you my dear IWC concerns, I've got three questions for ya!

Do you think that Maiden's Final Frontier is a progressive record?

Iron Maiden's logical progression is into that direction? Become a progressive rock band?

Do you like that direction?

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back