Interesting Article on CM Punk's Character

What did we expect him to do?

He delivered the promo of a lifetime, ran away with the belt, went over, WWE lubed up its anus for Punk to stick around and did we expect him to float around the indies saying what a true hero he was?

No, he stuck around, and he DID become an agent of change. Has anyone ever addressed Hunter by his real name before? Has anyone ever brought out names of released superstars and their unjust firing on air?

I shuddered at the first line that "CM Punk let us down". Now he hasn't. He is saying stuff week after week that people could only say after they were fired from the WWE. So much so, that I believe now that could be a problem in the long run for anyone who has a very kayfabe character on TV in a feud with him, would be run down verbally by Punk, which would thus severly hamper a man's persona and standing in the viewer's eyes in this still gimmicky world of professional wrestling.

Wait a second, did we seriously expect him to run away with the title?!

His options were to continue in the only wrestling promotion in the US that matters(whiles making a fucking ton of money)

or

Go to a wrestling promotion that no one gives a shit about, and make nothing in comparison to what the WWE will offer him.

I don't care how real you think Punk is, or how you connect to him in the long run, he's in the business of making money.

Yes he may love wrestling, yes he may love being a wrestler, but without the WWE millions upon millions of people would not give a fuck about Punk whatsoever.

the WWE may fuck up a lot of things, but what they do properly and what they have continued to do is promote. Without the WWE Promotion team behind Punk, he would be in the exact same spot now as he was this time last year, and the year before. In the Middle Card, jobbing out of control to the likes of the stereotypical WWE top tier super star.

Without the WWE Punk would be nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back