Impact Support Club House

Discussion in 'The Bar Room' started by It's Damn Real!, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

Only the 7th is a live show

2. Dirk

Dirk Ayatollah of Coca-Cola

Why have the steel cage if you're not going to use it? I remember Sabin & Bad Influence vs Muta, Sanada & somebody else from the last Lockdown. It was a very good match, but nobody used the cage (as they didn't need to).

3. Hard Hit Prince

Hard Hit Prince Not really working as a

They said "LIVE" in NYC on their update, so that got me confused. Thanks dude.

4. Joe's Gonna Kill You

No problem

Dagger Dias likes this.
  5. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

This week, boys!

6. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Also, if you have Destination America, they're airing an all day TNA marathon Wednesday, starting at 9am including the Best of 2014 (both parts), the Top 20 Moments (both parts) and a repeat of the Best of 2014 before the live show, followed by either the Best of 2014 or Top 20 Moments again after, meaning a TWENTY HOUR TNA MARATHON to kick things off. That's quite the commitment.

7. It's Damn Real!

More great news:

@JohnGaburick: Let the hunt... continue!

Proud to announce Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards inking new deals w/ @IMPACTWRESTLING. http://t.co/pDSqecfRVP

[​IMG]

8. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

So Meltzer's saying that TNA are pretty much - and this is a quote - "begging" Alberto Del Rio to join them and make an appearance on Wednesday's edition of Impact, they're even willing to forgo their exclusivity clause to make the deal go down and let ADR honor his dates for ROH. Dave said that ADR was said to have loved the ROH TV tapings on Saturday and what It'll come down to is either straight up money or whether he wants to take precedence for one over the other, because if he does do the TNA shot, ROH will probably use him until the 13th Anniversary as advertised but wouldn't want to use him from there forth ala how they released Matt Hardy. Wednesday will be interesting.

9. It's Damn Real!

Front page has this on ADR:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/539939-tna-wants-alberto-del-rio-for-impact

10. Joe's Gonna Kill You

It would be really smart of TNA to drop the exclusivity in their contracts

11. The Dragon Saga

No it wouldn't, at all. Dropping that means they can take other dates anywhere they want, which means they can appear on more shows for other promotions which will then start taking away from TNA's brand. What they're doing now is actually smart, their guys are exclusive to them but they schedule all their indie dates for them, which is what ROH are also going to be doing with Adam Cole, reDRagon, The Briscoes, Jay Lethal and others in the coming year. The only negative I've read of TNA's arrangement is that they take 40% of the fee being paid for the talent instead of giving it to the talent, which is pretty unfair considering the talent is doing all the work.

12. Papa Pillman

Papa Pillman I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan

There we go! :thumbsup:

That's the type of BIG announcement that we've been waiting for since they started this twitter reveal trend.

It kicked off with Angle, but we all had known for a few days prior that he was staying on for 2015. EC3 was also a nice reveal, but again I think it was totally expected, and I wasn't even aware his contract had lapsed with the layover.

All of the names that followed were just decent, non-offensive re-signs. They were people that we don't mind having back with the product, but also names that wouldn't have upset the apple cart if they had walked either.

Davey and Eddie, on the other hand, were one hundred percent crucial re-signs. They had to get The Wolves locked up beyond just paying for appearances to start the year. The Wolves are one of the small handful of acts on the roster that are amongst the absolute best talents in the entire world and are necessary pieces to this relaunch being successful.

If my understanding is correct, names like Roode, Storm, Low Ki, and Jeff Hardy still have time remaining on their existing contracts. So out of the talents that are potentially in limbo, the only other crucial names that the company absolutely can't afford to lose and that we should be hoping to hear have re-signed this week are Aries, Gail, and Joe.

13. It's Damn Real!

I understood why they did it in the past, because it gives them the perception of being bigger than they are (as in on WWE's level), but with the reboot, I'd probably be acquiescing a lot more on sticking points like that while they company reboots.

You can worry about instituting that kind of policy later on down the line, once you've reestablished your base.

14. It's Damn Real!

Kim re-signed, didn't she? Or am I mistaking her for Rayne? I forget.

Aries, less so Joe, I'd argue is the last critical remaining piece.

15. Papa Pillman

It was Madison that re-signed, which again is nothing special.

Gail, it has been revealed publicly, is not under a contract at this point but will at least be working the upcoming shows on a pay-per-appearance basis if nothing can be worked out beforehand.

If the company loses Gail they should really just shut down the KO division altogether. And I don't say that hyperbolically or for dramatic effect, I feel its factual. She's that important to its credibility right now, as the only truly elite in-ring female talent on the roster, and the only one capable of giving the kinds of rubs that have made Taryn, and thus far Havoc, relevant.

In fact, I'd say Gail should be the leading candidate to be the promotion's 2015 Hall of Fame honoree.

16. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Gail denied those rumors on Twitter, also Havok's deal was rumored to be up and that's why it was thought they took the belt off of her and she also tweeted that she's not going anywhere

17. The Dragon Saga

Apparently about half the roster aren't under contract because a lot of them had to be re-signed to new contracts because their old ones applies to Spike TV. Those of the roster who are on pay-per-appearance deals are okay though, which is mostly lower card/mid card talent.

Good job on them re-signing The American Wolves, probably the best tag team in the company from looking on their roster page. Or are we really counting The Hardy Boyz?

18. Dirk

Dirk Ayatollah of Coca-Cola

It's nice that the Wolves signed. TNA should really hold on to those dudes.

19. Papa Pillman

The Hardy's are working as a tag team, and in fact will be facing The Wolves at the tapings this week. But does that matter anyway? The Wolves are no doubt superior to Matt and Jeff at this point.

There is no debate whether or not they are the best tag team on TNA's roster, in fact I'd say the better question is whether or not they are the best tag team in all of professional wrestling. reDRagon, The Briscoes, and The Bucks are the only other three teams that could be placed ahead of them, and even they are debatable.

20. The Dragon Saga

Get back to me when The Wolves are simultaneously the ROH World Tag Team Champions, have held the title for a combined 540+ days in the last two years and the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Champions having beaten pretty much every great team in the world right now, including The American Wolves, three times.

There's no debate when reDRagon are in the mix.

I mean, look at these bastards!

[​IMG]

21. It's Damn Real!

Saga, you really need to get a grip, dude. We get it. All of us. The entire forum gets it. You are the world's biggest ROH fan. There's no need for you to remind us of this fact, as if it's possible any of us might have forgotten.

Sometimes when someone posts something that mentions ROH talent, like in a thread designed around supporting TNA, it's OK to just let it go. You don't need to take up arms in defense of all things ROH. It wasn't a slight. Pillman simply mentioned that it's possible the Wolves are the best tag team in pro wrestling right now. He listed three other ROH teams and said it's debateable if any are better.

That wasn't a slap to the face. It was a rather innocuous statement of opinion. You can lower your guns. I promise, no one is going to kill you for it.

The level of hostility you display in response even the slightest criticisms of anything ROH is obscenely disproportionate to reality.

22. The Dragon Saga

My post to Pillman was actually in a lot of jest - should I have added a winky face to indicate that?

But anyways, I've barely been active on here the past two weeks and that was the first time I've mentioned ROH since December 22nd according to my most recent posts. I think you're a little bit obsessed with what I'm posting about dude; as well as hypocritical considering you're pretty much as hard on TNA as I am on ROH.

23. It's Damn Real!

Oh, I used to be, no doubt. Not anymore. I'm a loyal TNA fan, but my loyalties have their limits too. I have no issue pointing out negatives the company is responsible for, things they're doing incorrectly, or flat-out wrong, harshly criticizing poor decision-making, talent direction, etc. Go read my posts in the TNA section if you don't believe me. I'm not just a cheerleader. I have my own mind and my own opinions to accompany it that I share without bias. If I dislike something (like their insistence on signing ADR), I speak about it. I don't just thrash the pom-poms and take it.

All I'm saying is I don't think I've seen you pass up an opportunity to go to bat for ROH yet. All someone has to do is invoke the company acronym, mention ROH-contracted talent or make some off-color remark about "the indies" in some fashion for you to post diatribes about how wrong they are. It's OK to let those things go. Trust me. I'm the moderator of the TNA forum. Is there a company in pro wrestling history that's taken more shit than TNA? In fact, I can't even say that in the past-tense. Is there a company in pro wrestling history that takes more shit, even to this very day, than TNA? You don't see me going into every thread swinging a proverbial black bat. So as one mark to another, all I'm saying is pick your battles.

24. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

We can't use the black bat anymore boss, it's moved up north... could I interest you in Janice?

25. It's Damn Real!

I'd sooner swing an old Team Canada hockey stick. I'm sure there's one still laying around back stage somewhere.