I'm with Pixar - are you?

SpoodBeest™;1788091 said:
Babe deserved to win Best Picture of 1995 over Braveheart yet it didn't and it was a family film.

Babe absolutely was not better than Braveheart in any shape, way, or form.

Babe absolutely was not better than Braveheart in any shape, way, or form.

Actually it was people liked it, in fact people liked the rest of the nominees too. I will go out on a limb and say all the nominees for Best Picture of 1995 were all more deserving to win than Braveheart.

Braveheart was nothing more than a overblown dreary that did modest business. So i guess if it can win Best Picture over way more deserving films, that's why other no so great movies have won after it as well.

Since when did the box office numbers of a film matter in picking the best picture? They don't. At all. Which is why Transformers 2 doesn't get nominated for Best Picture, and rightfully fucking so. Terrible films make a shitload of money all the time, and great films go unnoticed or do "modest business".

Braveheart is certainly better than Babe, that's for sure. As well as Apollo 13. 1995's nominees were pretty shitty in general.

:rolleyes:
Since when did the box office numbers of a film matter in picking the best picture? They don't. At all. Which is why Transformers 2 doesn't get nominated for Best Picture, and rightfully fucking so. Terrible films make a shitload of money all the time, and great films go unnoticed or do "modest business".

Braveheart is certainly better than Babe, that's for sure. As well as Apollo 13. 1995's nominees were pretty shitty in general.

I will agree with you that 1995 was a wretched year for film, just like 2000 which had same result with a mediocre Hollywood-ized history film win the Oscar.

Also great movies that make low amounts of money usually come from independent film makers and the indies. Hence why they wouldn't make much money. Usually they have pretty limited budgets too. Yet they still turn out great.

Braveheart was a full blown Hollywood produced film, same as it's competition but they all made more money than it. Also Apollo 13 nice nominee to bring up, as it deserved to win over Braveheart more than Babe did perhaps.

All the other nominees that year had a great reception from critics, Braveheart didn't and that is why the fact that it won Best Picture was so controversial.

What is with this love for Babe? That movie was schmaltzy kids fare at it's most typical. People saw a pig and heard a cute voice and went "Awwwww! Well isn't that just adorable!"

I'll take Braveheart over Babe. Take it over Apollo 13 as well as that was Ron Howard at his melodramatic worst. Il Postino or Sense & Sensibility were both better than Braveheart, but Babe absolutely did not deserve to win that year when every other picture nominated was better.

Pixar's animated films are the few popular ones that AREN'T generic kiddy shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back