If you watched Impact Last Nite.

Discussion in 'The Prison' started by Afro-Ameri-Spawn, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Afro-Ameri-Spawn Houston's Hometown Hero

I was watching Impact last night and saw the ending of the Robert Roode vs. Sonja Dutt match. Now while this was a great match, I have to say that the spear by Ms. Brooks on Ms. Banks was damned good. Even for women. Now was it me, or did that spear look better than about 95 percent of the spears that Edge does? lol

2. TheOneBigWill

TheOneBigWill [This Space for Rent]

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. Spawn.. please do NOT refer to any other spear as better than Edge's. :lmao: I know we're in the prison, but please don't make me make you my bitch. :p

Although.. *sigh* I must agree, Edge needs to refind himself & develop the spear that once lead him to several World Championships in the past. Perhaps he needs to find a ladder, then dangle a Hardy from a wire for practice?

3. Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Hell, that seems to be the only people that he can hit with any type of decent spear. Maybe he needs to go back to the remedial class.... Goldberg: 101. lol

Now I know I'm posting this a little at a time, but due to my work schedule, I have to record Impact and watch it nd I'm watching it right now. The whole bit with Shark Boy was getting on my last nerve until the very end where I laughed my ass off. It seems Sharky can do a pretty damned good Stone Cold impression. I hope that this continues as having lesser guys mimic other legends is paying off already with Black Machismo(who makes some scarily good Macho trivia references during his promos) and Robert Roode(not sure whether he leans more toward Rude or Hennig, but it works for me).

4. BooCocky

BooCocky On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan

Edge's spear does suck, and Ms Brooks spear did look better IMO. Edge needs a new move, that terrible thing he calls a spear isn't cutting it... Edge should drop that move altogether, because his spear looks weak, it is like a little tackle that doesnt even look devastating. Someone call Goldberg, he will show Edge how it is done...

5. Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Now no. No need to get dreastic. Hell, we just got Goldberg to shut the hell up, after he was spewing about all of his self absorbed crap about being a wrestler. I mean the guy was a wold champion. Not a good one. Not a dominant one. Just a world champion. And while that puts him in the record books alongside legend like Vince McMahon, Vince Russo, and David Arquette, he needs to shut up and just teach. Cuz he sure as hell can't do it in the ring anymore.

6. TheOneBigWill

I slept the night away, but was told of the Sharkboy segments. All I have to say is, if hes mocking Steve Austin.. then T.N.A. is making W.W.E.'s creative team look like they're fricken geniuses! T.N.A. can do so much better than all that. By the way, did Sharky actually die? Or, did he pull out of it, or what?

Also.. I always thought Robert Roode was a mixture of Ted DiBiase & Rick Rude.

7. TheOneBigWill

What the hell is he teaching?! How to fuck someone outta a high dollar paycheck 101?! He screwed W.W.F. into thinking he was anything remotely worth signing for big money. The greatest thing they had him doing was dropping matches to Triple H.

And to be perfectly honest, he should've lost to Chris Jericho. Goldberg has been, is, & will always be.. a whiny ass little bitch about everything. The guy thinks just because W.C.W. built him up (which, as you also refered to, they put their Main Championship on Arquette) that he is something great.

Bill Goldberg is nothing.. the guy was two steps above the Ultimate Warrior for wrestling knowledge.. & 5 steps below the Ultimate Warrior for brain IQ.

8. Afro-Ameri-Spawn

Dude, it was pretty damned funny. And it would be comedic with Shark Boy rather than having someone actually seriously do it. It was more of a mocking. I mean if Shark Boy starts going around DSD'ing people left and right, I would laugh my ass off cuz he's a comedic character. I think that when TNA explores their comedic side, they have people who pull it off better than when WWE has tried with some of the guys they have done it with. And it gives the homegrown talent to show their range. I think it would be great to see what Shark Boy can do with it. It's worked out for Black Machismo. Maybe this will be another gold mine.

And you're right. I see the Ted Debiase thing. But I still see some Hennig in there with the whole "needs to be perfect" thing and the Perfectplex.

9. Papa Shango

Papa Shango Frontman of the WZ Band!!

Spawn, what's with the hating on Edge? You, know you think you've created a cohesive relationship based on mutual boredom and disdain towards others, and then this...

10. Afro-Ameri-Spawn

I'm sory dude. But I don't blame Edge for being so crappy a the spear. 25% of the spear is the actual action of it, the other 75% is the selling. And nobody sells for Edge cept the Hardys. Hell even Aj Styles made Christians spear look like a killer move on Impact last night. But don't throw me away yet dude. I dropped the "my friend" thing didn't I? Come back. We have one of the most mutually satisfying relationships on the forum. I mean with me being the one you have to blow for rep points and all. lol jk dude.

11. Papa Shango

Papa Shango Frontman of the WZ Band!!

Meh, ok. We cool. You're right, though. Noone sells the spear anymore. Personally, I think the Edgecution should be his primary finisher, and the spear as his secondary finisher.

12. kieran_devlin

kieran_devlin Getting Noticed By Management

it was a fine spear for a womens wrestler hmmn i think that even tho rhino dosnt technically do a spear he does te gore its still a killer move i dont like goldbergs that much i preferred his jacknife or whatever it was called edge has a dramtic spear the impact isnt top notch but he gets the drama across and it actually looks like a finisher

lol batista trying to do a spear is ridiculous