• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If TNA can't go on the road, can they at least move?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Yesterday, after the news broke about TNA going LIVE for the summer many people were skeptical that it would last past that and the consensus seems to be that TNA is only taking baby steps and that TNA is far from going Live and especially far from going on the road full-time.

If this is true is there any plausible way that TNA can find a new home to tape Impact? Why is it so simple for TNA to tape at Universal Studios, but it becomes much harder and more expensive to do it in other arenas, though they don't seem to have that problem while they are doing house shows? It costs so much just to tape the show?

Anyway, instead of bringing the show on the road full time, is it possible for TNA to move the show and get a similar deal with another arena like they have with Universal Studios?

In my opinion, if TNA wants to go somewhere where they can pack an arena and actually have fans pay to see them, then that place is New York. I know people will say NY is the home of WWE, but I don't believe that - Madison Square Garden is barely their home and their HQ is in Conn.

Nassau Coliseum, as well as Aquaduct/Belmont Race tracks, are all currently having problems and their is talk of them being demolished and possibly putting up an expo center in one of their places along with tons of other ideas. I'm not going to pretend to know about how any of how this works, but if TNA is going to remain in the same arena to tape most of their shows then I would think somewhere on Long Island, specifically Nassau Coliseum, would be the ideal location for them to do it.
A weekly wrestling show at NC would surely get people going back to the Coliseum, something the NY Islanders can not do.

I'd have to think there would be a way for them to work out some type of deal, especially with NC struggling and on the verge of being demolished.

If you can get 5k - 6k fans to pay to see a non-televised show at a minor league baseball field each summer in a crappy ass part of Brooklyn, I'm sure you can get that and better in the middle of Long Island surrounded by Colleges, Highschools and in driving distance from NJ, Conn, and Penn. 20 million people live in New York alone and it's home too everyone from everywhere.

Take the New York yankees, for example. They sell out practically every game(82 a season) and never mind the price of the tickets, and the 10-11 dollar beers and hot dogs. Do you know how much it costs to park at a Yankees game? 48 dollars!!! Just to park(can find some parking for around 30!) And they get 45,000 people to do this 82 times a season!

NY loves wrestling and I really believe it's in their best interest to try and find some type of arena to use here, especially if they want to make money.

Why is it so simple for TNA to tape at Universal Studios, but it becomes much harder and more expensive to do it in other arenas, though they don't seem to have that problem while they are doing house shows? It costs so much just to tape the show?

Yeah, actually. When you go on tour, you have to take all of your cameras with you, which adds to your transportation costs, as it means you need more semis to transport your equipment...you have more equipment. Then, once you get to the arena, you have to pay people to set up all of the cameras, make sure the cameras are all at the correct angles, and all that. Then, when the show is over, you need to pay those same people to repack the cameras, load them back on the trucks.

TNA having a permanent TV home in Universal Studios means the cameras don't move. The cameras don't need to be transported, only need to be set up once, etc. When the show is over, you turn them off and lock the door, studio is ready for next time.

House shows generally aren't taped, so you wouldn't need extra trucks to haul the cameras you didn't take, wouldn't need to pay people to set up the cameras you didn't take, and don't need to pay people to reload the trucks with the cameras you didn't take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back