• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I need to vent about stubborn, close-minded posters

Drinking is a bitch. If Luger doesn't run his mouth, who knows what happens.

I was reading through a few of the Bar Room threads and I came across a poster that made an incredible point... does anyone on these forums ever admit defeat? Or does anyone on the forums ever even admit that they might be wrong about something?

I, for one, have only been a part of this website since January. Since then, I've admitted that I was wrong to Xfear, IC25, Gelgarin, FTS, and a few others that I can't really think of right now. Sure, it stung a bit, but I came to an amazing realization... I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

What bugs the fuck out of me is the fact that so many people on here are just completely unable to admit that at times. At one time or another, they may half-heartedly say "I don't know everything", but it's funny how they'll never concede a point... they just keep finding more and more bullshit excuses and directions to take the debate/argument/heated-discussion just to make themselves sound like they have a valid point. It's people like you guys that really make me not want to post or even waste my energy to formulate an opinion that is probably going to get shot down, even if it has some validity. It's like you have to walk on eggshells while you post. And why? Because the person I'm writing to is a stubborn fuck. Maybe if you tried opening your mind to other people's views once in a while you might learn something about wrestling... and maybe even about yourself, in the process.

I think people on this website need to face the facts that they don't know everything about wrestling. None of us work in the industry. We're all nothing but fans that see things through a television set. Sure, we enjoy what we watch and learn a thing or two about it over time, but who the fuck are we to say one of our opinions is wrong and one of us is right? And who the fuck are we to say that we know what other people are thinking? When did you become better than me or become holier than thou? At the end of the day, none of us are experts and all we have are opinions about specific subjects (i.e. the "business" of professional wrestling, what direction the product should go in, who to push, etc). And if you think that something you say is fact and every opinion that I have is wrong, then my response to that is FUCK YOU. Maybe you should try grabbing a slice of humble pie and shutting the fuck up. How's that for an opinion?

I completely agree with you, D-Man. Those that are wrong need to step-up, be a man or woman, and admit that they were wrong. This is absolute bullshit that this kind of thing goes on in this forum, that it even has to get to this level where a thread has to be created on "Stubborn, Closed-Minded" posters.

Now, why did I come into this thread, again? Oh, that's right. Wrong turn.

This has never happened to me.

In fact, I'm so good that someone once posted a thread like this when I made a spelling or grammatical mistake.

:embarrassed:

In my defense I wasn't debating with you. I just wanted to prove that you aren't infallible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back