I Feel Bad for Aaron Paul....

Blade

"Original Blade"
Aaron Paul, one of the coolest actors in the world, based on interviews and YouTube clips of him talking to his fans, has to host Raw in Chicago.

What are WWE thinking? I mean, it's 2014, a lot of people are still Breaking Bad fans, with a tremendous amount of respect for Aaron Paul and his talents. But he's walking into one of the most passionate yet smarky cities in the world. At any other time, it wouldn't be a problem. But this is the first show in Chicago since CM Punk walked out.

I'm going to assume that Paul isn't hugely familiar with the goings on of the wrestling world. I'm sure WWE are going to brief him on the CM Punk situation. But there's no way he can know what's going to happen on Raw, what the crowd is going to be like.

Let's be honest here, in a lot of hardcore wrestling cities, sometimes the fans aren't the most respectful. The kind of people who chant "Goldberg!" at Ryback or "You can't wrestle!" at John Cena. So I find it hard to believe that Aaron Paul, who, as I said, is still a very respected actor, can keep the Chicago fans happy.

So, what do you guys think? Is Aaron Paul walking into a trainwreck of CM Punk chants while he tries to promote Need for Speed? Does WWE honestly think Paul can keep the crowd happy?

He'll probably barely be on anyways. He'll come out, say a few words, do a few backstage skits and that'll be it. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole, honestly.

After reading the Twitter feed of the Chicago fans who are planning to hijack Raw, I'm not sure they'll disrespect Paul. They seem to agree that the only disrespect they'll show will be to the people they dislike (Triple H, Stephanie, Batista, Cena, etc). It sounds like they'll properly respect guys like Undertaker, The Shield, The Wyatts, Cesaro and Daniel Bryan. I'd imagine they understand that Paul didn't ask to be there and is simply promoting his movie. Of course, I have to believe he will never step foot in front of the live crowd and all his segments will be taped before the show backstage and then aired later. That way there won't be a problem of a rowdy crowd disrespecting one of the more well liked celebrities in Hollywood.

^^^^Agreed. He'll come out and do a very small "crowd" spot and do the rest of his appearances backstage like they did for Betty White.

Paul isn't exactly an A-list actor that will prominently be featured anyway. If it wasn't for Breaking Bad, most people wouldn't even know who he was.

I would be so psyched if Bryan Cranston were co-hosting with him. I know, Paul has Need For Speed to promote, which has nothing to do with Cranston. But for Breaking Bad fans like myself, it would be awesome to see them together on screen again, clashing with the world of wrestling.

Also, I read today that Paul might be included in the BB spin-off, "Better Call Saul." :)

I just figured it out! He's gonna come to the ring, get the crowd all riled up about Breaking Bad and meth, and then a heel CM Punk will make his return in front of his hometown crowd talking about how bad drug use is and how he's better than all of them. Someone give me a cookie, I just booked the hottest angle heading in to Mania. ;)

Let's be honest here, in a lot of hardcore wrestling cities, sometimes the fans aren't the most respectful. The kind of people who chant "Goldberg!" at Ryback or "You can't wrestle!" at John Cena. So I find it hard to believe that Aaron Paul, who, as I said, is still a very respected actor, can keep the Chicago fans happy.

They pretty much chant that everywhere :p

I do kinda feel bad for him since it kinda looks like he is being thrown to the wolves. If they do any segments with him, they got to be backstage as the crowd could possibly tear into him.

If the Chicago crowd boos Aaron Paul, it will re-affirm my belief that many wrestling audiences should get over themselves.

I get it, it's a wrestling show and people pay to see wrestling. But, can we at least act like we have other interests beyond watching grown men in tights? Breaking Bad was amazing, and Aaron Paul is trying to successfully transition from Jesse Pinkman. Here's hoping the crowd welcomes him on Monday night.

Such is an aspect of wrestling crowds which has always annoyed me. I was in the Hall of Fame crowd in Atlanta that booed Drew Carey, and it was embarrassing. It makes wrestling fans look unintelligent and rude, which most probably are. Generally speaking, the obnoxious members of the audience need better manners. It is no wonder mainstream media treats pro wrestling like the creature from the black lagoon.

Nice Don Cheadle sig by the way. Always been a big fan.

depends on how he responds. Hugh Jackman ran with it when the crowd was chanting for Zack Ryder. I'm sure he can get along with the crowd if he's with D-Bry and goes along with the Yes! chants

At what point did I say I was anti-IWC? Please, don't make sweeping generalizations leading to the age old "I'M NOT A MEMBER OF THE IWC BUT I POST ON DA INTERNET" argument.

Did you read the other portion of my post, or did you just want to make your broad generalization without much thought?

I love wrestling, but in my opinion sometimes the crowd takes themselves a little too seriously. What about that statement is so high and mighty? I enjoy posting on the internet, I just think the heat should be saved for the performers. Did you see what the negative reaction at the Hall of Fame did to Drew Carey's speech? Pardon me for aspiring for a crowd to have some class. You're right, bro. I am on such a high horse.

People go to a wrestling show to see wrestling, not someone promoting his movie that will more than likely flop at the box. I couldn't care less what he's trying to do as I don't give a damn about him, breaking bad, or his movie. I want my damn wrestling because that's what WWE is about.

He'll probably barely be on anyways. He'll come out, say a few words, do a few backstage skits and that'll be it. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole, honestly.

Yeah true, I could see that. Betty White was barely on RAW when she hosted. Hopefully, they continue the trend of having wrestlers come out when matches going on where people don't care about like Del Rio/Batista

I mean, I'm not that concerned for him being flogged unless he pulls a Jeremy Piven and calls Mania something like "Wrestlepalooza". He hasn't done anything to the crowd that warrants being killed by firing squad.

I don't think there'll be much to worry about. We're in the middle of WrestleMania season and WWE is well aware that they're walking into what may very well be the single most hostile crowd they've ever been in front of. Paul probably won't be on very much and there's no guarantee that he'll even be brought out to do a character spot as they did with Betty White. In fact, it's probably better that they don't. Otherwise, I think the smarky crowd will rip him open and greedily feed on his innards. They'll crap all over the guy and that will infuriate Vince. He'll be embarrassed that a guest was ill received by the hostile crowd, and the embarrassment will fuel his anger even more. If there's one thing worse in WWE than a pissed off Vince McMahon, it's a pissed off Vince McMahon that's powerless. The worst he can do, in terms of any degree of retribution, is to not bring WWE to Chicago for a while.

I think the best alternative would be to keep him backstage, shoot a few brief backstage segments in which he interacts with a few stars, maybe call it a day. There's a SLIGHT chance Paul could win them over, at least to some degree, if he says something "nasty" to Batista or takes the side of the fans in supporting their "heroes" instead of him, but I think the crowd will still be hostile no matter what.

People go to a wrestling show to see wrestling, not someone promoting his movie that will more than likely flop at the box. I couldn't care less what he's trying to do as I don't give a damn about him, breaking bad, or his movie. I want my damn wrestling because that's what WWE is about.

I think that's pretty much the opinion of most people, including most of those who'll be watching at home. However, the studio that financed the movie is buying air time on USA to promote the film, Vince likes anything to do with mainstream media anyhow and having to cater to a little bit to a special sponsor for the network every now & then is part of doing business sometimes.

I don't think some of you guys realize how beloved Breaking Bad is. If this was Betty White, she'd get destroyed. I actually kind of expect a "Yeah Bitch!" Or some other BB themed chant. He won't get used much and I actually expect his segment to be one the crowd doesn't Doo Doo Butter over the whole night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back