I Don't Get Lawyers

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
http://espn.go.com/college-football...rs-want-sexual-predator-status-jerry-sandusky

In short, Pennsylvania prosecutors want to have Jerry Sandusky listed as a violent sexual predator, meaning he would have to inform certain people of a change of address and be a registered sex offender for life.

Sandusky is 68 years old and will likely be sentenced to well over 100 years in prison. Isn't this process kind of a waste of money?

And yes Sly I read the article.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure anyone with a television knows that Jerry Sandusky is a sex offender. Even if he gets out of prison, which he likely won't, he'll never live that down.

Yeah but shouldn't they be getting paid to put more criminals in prison rather than putting a lifelong prisoner on a list?

There's only so much you can do at a time. If the prosecutor has, say 3 cases, he/she might be in a place where he/she is waiting on the defense to file motions, or to schedule conferences or whatever.

It's kind of like saying why do you spend so much time bashing Republicans, shouldn't you be busy keeping the forums clean from spam and doing administrator activities. Sometimes you're just waiting for the next thing to do.

As long as it takes to get people through court, I have an issue believing there's nothing better to do.

For clarification, this isn't a big angry thing. Just one of those things where I shake my head.

Then go prosecute a case that takes away their stalling ability. There has to be something that can be done to speed this stuff up.

Go Infract someone for spamming. There has to be something that can be done to speed this stuff up.

I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting them to do. Our laws, rightfully, are crafted to protect the accused, to give the accused every possibly benefit of the doubt, to avoid sending an innocent person to prison.

I really don't think this should be undone just so we can keep Sandusky off a list he rightfully belongs.

Go Infract someone for spamming. There has to be something that can be done to speed this stuff up.

I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting them to do. Our laws, rightfully, are crafted to protect the accused, to give the accused every possibly benefit of the doubt, to avoid sending an innocent person to prison.

I really don't think this should be undone just so we can keep Sandusky off a list he rightfully belongs.

I get that. What I don't get is what difference it makes to put him on a list when he's going to prison for life anyway.

I get that. What I don't get is what difference it makes to put him on a list when he's going to prison for life anyway.

Because all the lawyer had to do was write a few paragraphs to do it. I don't see a situation where Sandusky doesn't die in prison either, but what does it hurt to put him on the list?

It makes the lawyer or lawyers in question more money, and I'm sure it will make them a lot compared to the amount of work that they will put it.

Maybe they are just covering all bases on the very slim chance that Sandusky wins an appeal based on some bullshit technicality...stranger things have happened in court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back